Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Konchesky 11:36 - Aug 19 with 3809 viewsHOOPNO7

BBC linking us with Konchesky
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23754009
Konchesky on 11:49 - Aug 19 with 3766 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Wouldn't be a bad signing, better than any Left Back we have, but I still think Baird would be better signing, and there probably are younger options that could be found

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Konchesky on 12:07 - Aug 19 with 3728 viewsimustbemad

Why cant we coach the players we have here already or but a young left back we can make into a better player. Buying Konchesky is wrong on so many fronts. He may well be good enough and help us get promotion but if/when we get promoted he will no longer be good enough and we will have to replace him. fcuking madness and TF is talking up his arris
Konchesky on 12:12 - Aug 19 with 3703 viewsmikeygunn

We are clearly trying to get a former England XI!
Konchesky on 12:17 - Aug 19 with 3676 viewsfakekerby

Would be a good signing.

Started Leicester's first two games, 1 goal conceded, so a good defender and weakens a rival.

Harry's policy seems to be working so far, so we should give it a chance even if it is a bit short-termist, but we know Harry wants to go up this year, and this year only.
Konchesky on 12:21 - Aug 19 with 3653 viewsGloucs_R

Konchesky on 12:17 - Aug 19 by fakekerby

Would be a good signing.

Started Leicester's first two games, 1 goal conceded, so a good defender and weakens a rival.

Harry's policy seems to be working so far, so we should give it a chance even if it is a bit short-termist, but we know Harry wants to go up this year, and this year only.

Exactly. IMO Harry will get a large bonus for getting us up and will then retire. So he is bringing in players who will get us up. Then it will be handed over to someone else next year, probably Mclaren, to keep us up.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Konchesky on 13:01 - Aug 19 with 3555 viewsbaz_qpr

Konchesky on 12:21 - Aug 19 by Gloucs_R

Exactly. IMO Harry will get a large bonus for getting us up and will then retire. So he is bringing in players who will get us up. Then it will be handed over to someone else next year, probably Mclaren, to keep us up.

Is that why we are putting together Mclaren's 2006/7 England squad
Konchesky on 13:18 - Aug 19 with 3499 viewsozranger

Konchesky on 12:17 - Aug 19 by fakekerby

Would be a good signing.

Yes he may be a good signing, but your logic is unsound. This was the same logic we signed Bosingwa - played in a defence that did well. I am not saying he is bad, but we need to look at the player, not the team or defence he has come from.
Konchesky on 13:24 - Aug 19 with 3465 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Konchesky on 12:12 - Aug 19 by mikeygunn

We are clearly trying to get a former England XI!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Konchesky on 13:29 - Aug 19 with 3449 viewsHOOPNO7

I don't mind us signing Konchesky and others as a short term fix. We just need to start using the youngsters as subs to let them gain experience. Saturday was a good example, Hithcock on for a poor Zamora. 2 Points gained instead of lost.
Konchesky on 13:40 - Aug 19 with 3414 viewsRBlock

Would be a good signing in the short term, but we do need to keep integrating Yun in to the team. Hill as cover I'm not so keen so, would rather have him in the centre.
Konchesky on 13:41 - Aug 19 with 3410 viewsDANRANGER

Konchesky on 13:18 - Aug 19 by ozranger

Yes he may be a good signing, but your logic is unsound. This was the same logic we signed Bosingwa - played in a defence that did well. I am not saying he is bad, but we need to look at the player, not the team or defence he has come from.

Konchesky can't really be compared to Bosingwa. Bosingwa was an expensive risk that didn't pay off but you pretty much know what you're getting with Konchesky and he would arrive on modest wages. We clearly need a left back and he is very capable.

However, I would prefer a younger option so if we did get promoted we can have a back four that could stay together but it would appear the club and Harry in particular are desperate to get back this year and our scouting system is only based on well known British players.

Our team this year seems to be a Championship version of West Ham as they have put together a side that doesn't have a great deal of players they can sell on but I'm sure they aren't complaining too much as they will not be worrying about relegation and maybe in the background they are working to the future.
Konchesky on 13:54 - Aug 19 with 3352 viewsAntti_Heinola

Good to see our scouting network working so hard as usual.
Christ. Konchesky is fine. But he's 32. Should be automatically ruled out on that basis alone.
Too many short term fixes.

Bare bones.

Konchesky on 14:04 - Aug 19 with 3320 viewsBromleyHoop

Konchesky on 13:40 - Aug 19 by RBlock

Would be a good signing in the short term, but we do need to keep integrating Yun in to the team. Hill as cover I'm not so keen so, would rather have him in the centre.

He wouldn't be a good short term signing unless we're offering him a one year contract which is highly unlikely. And even them I'm not personally convinced

If we get promoted then we're left with a 33 year old left back who showed when he was at Liverpool that he just ain't good enough anymore.

We have Yun who I can't help but feel is a perfectly good player at this level and may actually do a job in the Premiership. If this transfer goes through then TF wants his fecking head testing. It clearly shows he'd have learnt nothing from the last two years.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Konchesky on 14:09 - Aug 19 with 3307 viewsfakekerby

Konchesky on 14:04 - Aug 19 by BromleyHoop

He wouldn't be a good short term signing unless we're offering him a one year contract which is highly unlikely. And even them I'm not personally convinced

If we get promoted then we're left with a 33 year old left back who showed when he was at Liverpool that he just ain't good enough anymore.

We have Yun who I can't help but feel is a perfectly good player at this level and may actually do a job in the Premiership. If this transfer goes through then TF wants his fecking head testing. It clearly shows he'd have learnt nothing from the last two years.

We offered 1 year deals to O'Neil and Dunne, so I wouldn't be so sure he would get a deal much longer than that.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 14:10]
Konchesky on 14:16 - Aug 19 with 3275 viewsadhoc_qpr

Konchesky on 14:04 - Aug 19 by BromleyHoop

You can't write him off based on that spell at Liverpool - that team was a complete shambles and no one looked good (like us last season).

Joe Cole apparently was also finished based on his time at Liverpool but seems pretty good for West Ham this weekend.
Konchesky on 14:45 - Aug 19 with 3238 viewsAntti_Heinola

Konchesky on 14:16 - Aug 19 by adhoc_qpr

You can't write him off based on that spell at Liverpool - that team was a complete shambles and no one looked good (like us last season).

Joe Cole apparently was also finished based on his time at Liverpool but seems pretty good for West Ham this weekend.

Cole was ok. He does look virtually finished to me - good goal though. The point is not individual players, though. It's about looking at the team. West Ham have quite a decent mix of old and young. Taken in isolation, there's nothing wrong with O'Neil, Parker, Konchesky, Dunne, Jenas etc etc but when you're constantly signing players who will only give you one or at the most two seasons, you're in trouble. That's where we've been for years now - buying players that are sticking plasters. Konchesky would be fine this year. But next season he'd have to be replaced. We need continuity - that's how team spirit is built. Fed up with short term fixes.

Bare bones.

Konchesky on 14:50 - Aug 19 with 3215 viewsfakekerby

Konchesky on 14:45 - Aug 19 by Antti_Heinola

Cole was ok. He does look virtually finished to me - good goal though. The point is not individual players, though. It's about looking at the team. West Ham have quite a decent mix of old and young. Taken in isolation, there's nothing wrong with O'Neil, Parker, Konchesky, Dunne, Jenas etc etc but when you're constantly signing players who will only give you one or at the most two seasons, you're in trouble. That's where we've been for years now - buying players that are sticking plasters. Konchesky would be fine this year. But next season he'd have to be replaced. We need continuity - that's how team spirit is built. Fed up with short term fixes.

It's true we've bought more than our fair share of short term fixes, but let's not forget also in or around the starting eleven we have:

Onouha
Simpson
YSY/Traore
Faurlin
Hoilett
Austin

All of whom have a decent number of years left in the tank and could perform in the Prem in the right set up (the two left backs aside).
Konchesky on 15:50 - Aug 19 with 3155 viewsjamois

I'm a YSY fan. Just coach the bugger. The fact he's not an English player probably means he's got more brain cells and is actually likely to keep improving.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Konchesky on 15:52 - Aug 19 with 3141 viewswombat

Konchesky on 15:50 - Aug 19 by jamois

I'm a YSY fan. Just coach the bugger. The fact he's not an English player probably means he's got more brain cells and is actually likely to keep improving.

heard suk young had fallen out with arry at the weekend anyway

seems suk young offered to walk rosie and the dogs not been seen since hence why hill played saturday at full back

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Konchesky on 15:58 - Aug 19 with 3128 viewsjamois

Konchesky on 15:52 - Aug 19 by wombat

heard suk young had fallen out with arry at the weekend anyway

seems suk young offered to walk rosie and the dogs not been seen since hence why hill played saturday at full back

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Konchesky on 19:36 - Aug 19 with 2934 viewsderbyhoop

Traore doesn't want to be here. He's so fragile, it barely matters if he did want to be a Ranger.
Yun is still very raw. Neither have looked that great defensively, which is probably why Hill played LB on Saturday.
If we get Konchesky, he'll slot straight into a "problem" position.
Personally, I'd prefer to see us trying to develop Yun but we'll not get by with 1 LB or a CB filling in.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024