Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor 13:08 - Sep 13 with 8248 viewsGloucs_R

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-eye-emmanuel-adebayor-l

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 17:06 - Sep 13 with 2432 viewsadhoc_qpr

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 16:15 - Sep 13 by Juzzie

I don't mind where he sends his money to as long as he's earned it, which he hasn't.

All games (jnc Internationals) he's scored 160 goals in 447 games, that's 1 goal every 3 games. Probably not bad but when you consider Messi has scored a goal every 1.2 games and Ronaldo every 1.6 games then Adebayor isn't earning his wage.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2013 16:22]

Erm i'm pretty sure that when you compare any player's record to Ronaldo and Messi it doesn't stack up?

They are the two best footballers in the world and spend most weekend in La Liga drilling hat tricks past Championship standard defences.
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 17:14 - Sep 13 with 2421 viewsJuzzie

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 17:06 - Sep 13 by adhoc_qpr

Erm i'm pretty sure that when you compare any player's record to Ronaldo and Messi it doesn't stack up?

They are the two best footballers in the world and spend most weekend in La Liga drilling hat tricks past Championship standard defences.

lol! OK, that's a fair comment but Adebayor doesn't justify his salary. If he wants to play for the likes of QPR and earn a 'mere' £10k-20k a week then fine. If he want's to play for the likes of QPR and earn £100k a week then anyone giving him that contract needs to be taken to a field with a shovel and only the shovel comes back.
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 17:18 - Sep 13 with 2406 viewsTacticalR

I haven't seen that much of him recently, but I had the distinct impression that although he wasn't necessarily a spent force, he didn't seem to be able to cover the ground like he used to.

Air hostess clique

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 17:40 - Sep 13 with 2387 views18StoneOfHoop

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 17:14 - Sep 13 by Juzzie

lol! OK, that's a fair comment but Adebayor doesn't justify his salary. If he wants to play for the likes of QPR and earn a 'mere' £10k-20k a week then fine. If he want's to play for the likes of QPR and earn £100k a week then anyone giving him that contract needs to be taken to a field with a shovel and only the shovel comes back.

Ah the mention of shovels,Juzzie,now you've got me going.
As doughnuts are to Homer,welsh chimpanzees to Ted Hendrix,the bizarre lure of strange men on deserted west London suburban railway platforms is to W7, and remote hands-off insemination of lesbians is to Holloway, so shovels are to me.
I'm putting mine down for now, now that it's the weekend but, By Gob, they could have done with one here:

Christy's none too handy with a graft,but great with the gob:

Vital for the mafia,you'll never become a Made Man without doing your share:

Back on topic ; Adebayor? Yes please! Snot going to happen. [sad]
[Post edited 13 Sep 2013 19:35]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 17:50 - Sep 13 with 2375 viewsQPRDave

Bring him in on loan ....we'll pay £20,000 pw Spurs pay the rest....perfick
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 18:23 - Sep 13 with 2352 viewsted_hendrix

I wouldn't give a toss what he earns, what colour he is, what religion he is or even if his hobby was playing the bassoon badly, I'd have him here in an instant for the next 40 or so games.
Jesus wept he would kill this league.
Sadly wont happen though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 18:44 - Sep 13 with 2330 viewsBklynRanger

You're saying that now, Ted, but wait till you hear the true extent of his bassoon ineptitude - you'll be baying for blood with the rest of us!....
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 18:49 - Sep 13 with 2321 viewsQPRDave

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 18:23 - Sep 13 by ted_hendrix

I wouldn't give a toss what he earns, what colour he is, what religion he is or even if his hobby was playing the bassoon badly, I'd have him here in an instant for the next 40 or so games.
Jesus wept he would kill this league.
Sadly wont happen though.

Reported in the paper £170,000 ....bit steep for us to find
Login to get fewer ads

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 19:18 - Sep 13 with 2283 viewsTacticalR

Something must be pretty wrong if Spurs only have to pay half his wages and still don't want him.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2013 19:19]

Air hostess clique

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 19:48 - Sep 13 with 2257 viewsElHoop

Would give the Ellerslie mob a chance to sing their coach trip song again though.
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 10:31 - Sep 14 with 2165 viewsLoft1979

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 19:18 - Sep 13 by TacticalR

Something must be pretty wrong if Spurs only have to pay half his wages and still don't want him.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2013 19:19]

My take:
1. He would possibly be like Kevin Nolan, Carlton Cole at this level.
2. He is slower, less accurate and definately not match fit ...but?
3. That loan from Man City helped get Totenham up a level from low to mid table to European qualifiers.
4. The fact HR is interested tells volumes to me about whether he could contribute.
5. Bobby Zamora might not be able to keep going much longer and his form already says alot about his health. The HR going for a loan tells me he needs bodies to cover Zamora and AJ.
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 10:37 - Sep 14 with 2157 viewsqprichard

I thought there was a rule of no more than 2 lone players from any one club at a time.
Or is that in the team at anyone time.?
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 10:45 - Sep 14 with 2139 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 10:37 - Sep 14 by qprichard

I thought there was a rule of no more than 2 lone players from any one club at a time.
Or is that in the team at anyone time.?

undeniably an outstandingly talented player. But for the love of god please no more 1 year style contract sulky has beens

It's got to be Yarg

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 10:50 - Sep 14 with 2131 viewsTHEBUSH

Too expensive, so not for me, imo it won't happen anyway, story made up by the press.
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 10:56 - Sep 14 with 2128 viewsLoft1979

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 10:45 - Sep 14 by Cornish_oooRRRR

undeniably an outstandingly talented player. But for the love of god please no more 1 year style contract sulky has beens

The only thing I dont like is that we are (appearing) like a Spurs Farm team. But is that bad?
- Look at Spurs: Lewis Holtby cant get on the pitch. William Gallas is out of work, Carroll and Kane could be expendable. Parker already gone.
- Suk Young, Carroll Hoilet, Matty Phillips and Austin are hardly old. Kane (& Alex Pritchard) would be nice to add as young players for the future. Spurs are not really focused on development. If not for successful loan periods Rose and Walker might be gone. As it is I think selling Steve Caulker was harsh.
- Adding Benoit simply means adding a solid player to a position where youth is overexposed, Adebayor would simply mean the best available player at the position.
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 11:13 - Sep 14 with 2064 viewsTacticalR

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 10:45 - Sep 14 by Cornish_oooRRRR

The FA should introduce a rule allowing no more than 2 sulky players at a club.

Air hostess clique

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:47 - Sep 16 with 1986 viewsJonDoeman

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ebayor-2276703

Andre Villas-Boas is willing to let Tottenham misfit Emmanuel Adebayor out on loan — to save him from life with the reserves.

Spurs coach Villas-Boas thinks the big striker could do with games at Championship level to keep him sharp and in the shop window.

Adebayor was a target for several clubs in the transfer deadline window, but proved hard to shift — and now is due to train with the youth squad as of this week.

However AVB would open the exit door to a loan if terms can be agreed with Spurs supremo Daniel Levy.

Harry Redknapp’s QPR are first in the queue , but the north London club will not do them any favours unless they offer to pay a big chunk of Adebayor’s £160,000-a-week wages.

Other Championship sides have inquired, with Owen Coyle’s Wigan keen if Togo striker Adebayor is prepared to move from London.

It Is What It Is !!

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:49 - Sep 16 with 1970 viewsQPRDave

That'd be one hell of a loan
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:49 - Sep 16 with 1968 viewssimmo

This doesnt seem to be going away does it...

I really dont want him, and I want him to come in and replace Austin and Johnson even less. If we are going with 1 up top we really dont need any more than somebody to come in and be 3rd choice behind Austin and AJ.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:59 - Sep 16 with 1948 viewsQPRDave

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:49 - Sep 16 by simmo

This doesnt seem to be going away does it...

I really dont want him, and I want him to come in and replace Austin and Johnson even less. If we are going with 1 up top we really dont need any more than somebody to come in and be 3rd choice behind Austin and AJ.

Yeah agree but i think Charlie boy has shown he's good enough to play the loan role to keep it his, but it does open up our options 2 up or 3 up top, these things can change games
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 17:41 - Sep 16 with 1829 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If we're going with a lone role, do we really need to loan to have a lone loan roll. Loans are fine, though this wouldn't be our lone loan, lones are fine too, but loan lones should be left alone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 19:55 - Sep 16 with 1724 viewsQPRDave

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 17:41 - Sep 16 by BrianMcCarthy

If we're going with a lone role, do we really need to loan to have a lone loan roll. Loans are fine, though this wouldn't be our lone loan, lones are fine too, but loan lones should be left alone.

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 20:09 - Sep 16 with 1694 viewsjonno

The problem we have is that it's a long season, Zamora is basically finished, that leaves us with the injury prone Johnson and Austin, plus untried kids. Even playing one up front that is a crazy position to be in. If Austin were to get injured, or sent off and suspended (not impossible) the chances are that Johnson would be out at the same time - even if he wasn't can he player the lone striker role? Very doubtful IMHO. With that quite possible scenario it would mean starting with an untried kid up front on his own. On the face of it, Adebayor would seem like an excellent loan signing if we could get him.
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 20:15 - Sep 16 with 1683 viewsbosh67

Last time Harry talked up Defoe to deflect people from getting a realistic target, Carroll.
This time he's talking about Adebayor to catch the more realistic Kane.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 20:30 - Sep 16 with 1657 viewsClive_Anderson

I can see us loaning him out from his loan in January, with Man City paying £100k, Spurs £50k, us £20k and the next club £5k.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024