Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good point by Joey 14:33 - Nov 8 with 941 viewsbosh67

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29966639

Very basic but absolutely agree that it makes sense.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Good point by Joey on 15:04 - Nov 8 with 856 viewsstuabd

He is an expert on most things.

Interesting to see how he does as a manager.
Good point by Joey on 15:04 - Nov 8 with 855 viewsHantsR

Yes, in an earlier thread I posted extracts from that interview that the BBC is referring to.

here's some more:
"The Queens Park Rangers midfield player goes on to explain that there is much more that he does not “get” about the English football industry. It includes a scathing assessment on the quality of coaching; the fear of taking inspiration from other sports; the “mad” orthodoxy of 10am training sessions. He even challenges the cult of Gary Neville, more on which later."

and more:
"“I was about the only one at the Leaders in Sport conference the other week. I spent three hours afterwards with Sir Dave Brailsford. I speak to Sir Clive Woodward, Steve Black, performance experts who are the best in their field. I’m doing it because I want to be one of the best in the world. I’ve never come close to that as a player. I believe I can do as a coach.”
One of the best in the world? Seriously? “Coaching-wise, I don’t believe the bar is set that high in my sport, I really don’t,” he says. “In England, it’s set pretty low. How many top-class English coaches are there? A handful, maybe? There isn’t the same culture of learning from a whole range of sources and applying it – tactics, sports science, psychology, everything. That’s why someone like José Mourinho, having come up a different route, is exceptional."
Good point by Joey on 15:14 - Nov 8 with 825 viewsPommyhoop

Good point by Joey on 15:04 - Nov 8 by HantsR

Yes, in an earlier thread I posted extracts from that interview that the BBC is referring to.

here's some more:
"The Queens Park Rangers midfield player goes on to explain that there is much more that he does not “get” about the English football industry. It includes a scathing assessment on the quality of coaching; the fear of taking inspiration from other sports; the “mad” orthodoxy of 10am training sessions. He even challenges the cult of Gary Neville, more on which later."

and more:
"“I was about the only one at the Leaders in Sport conference the other week. I spent three hours afterwards with Sir Dave Brailsford. I speak to Sir Clive Woodward, Steve Black, performance experts who are the best in their field. I’m doing it because I want to be one of the best in the world. I’ve never come close to that as a player. I believe I can do as a coach.”
One of the best in the world? Seriously? “Coaching-wise, I don’t believe the bar is set that high in my sport, I really don’t,” he says. “In England, it’s set pretty low. How many top-class English coaches are there? A handful, maybe? There isn’t the same culture of learning from a whole range of sources and applying it – tactics, sports science, psychology, everything. That’s why someone like José Mourinho, having come up a different route, is exceptional."

As I said in the other thread. The boy speaks the truth. Let's be honest his current manager was 'the people's choice' for England manager FFS
#barverylow
[Post edited 8 Nov 2014 15:22]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Good point by Joey on 17:02 - Nov 8 with 698 viewsCHUBBS

He may be an excellent coach but he also might be poor,so why doesn't he just say "i want to be the best i can be",saying what he has makes him look a little silly especially as it will get brought up when things aren't going well..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024