Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it possible? 23:29 - Feb 2 with 1732 viewsbosh67

That the club have done a deal on the FFP issue and in exchange for no purchases have the fine drastically reduced if they get relegated. That's why only one player has left and no further loan salaries in. So window shows a reduction in the club's season spending.

[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 23:31]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is it possible? on 23:31 - Feb 2 with 1703 viewsdaveB

very possible, can't think of any other reason to suddenly stop spending
Is it possible? on 23:31 - Feb 2 with 1697 viewsAndyB

Planning ahead? QPR?
How quaint.
Is it possible? on 23:42 - Feb 2 with 1587 viewsBasingstokeR

Is it possible? on 23:31 - Feb 2 by daveB

very possible, can't think of any other reason to suddenly stop spending

You can't think of ANY other reason at all?
How about something like; because Harry was backed in the summer, some of those players aren't in his plans 6months later and maybe the board don't want to put more money in (or have the money to)?
Is it possible? on 23:49 - Feb 2 with 1548 viewsspencer

Even though i hate the January transfer window, with Mutch departing, i felt maybe with a striker...a wide player who can actually cross the ball would have been a good bit of business by the club in this window.

So - is the FFP an issue?

Only Burnley have failed to get players in, whilst all other clubs in and around relegation have done business.

Or ...Maybe Tony has looked at Harry's pre season Transfer dealings..

Mutch - Sold
Sandro - injured( all the time)
Ferdinand ?
Caulker - On the bench

Only Fer has really made some progress.

The loans of Vargas and isla have been hot and cold...

Maybe the board or TF has just decided that no matter what Harry punks the money on...it will not save us.

So - we play the hand we have. if we stay up..He thanks Harry and we get a new manager....If we go down,, we thank harry and get a new manager...and we haven;t spunked any money up the wall and the FFp issue eases a little. Both ways - Harry departs without losing too much face.

I don't know what to think..but we still have the players to make a fight of this, if played in the correct position.

Having said that...i don't think we are good enough to stay up.

Really looking forward to my 150 mile round trip from Folkestone on Saturday ...
Is it possible? on 00:42 - Feb 3 with 1461 viewsBrightonhoop

Maybe Bosh, maybe.

More likely that the Board have seen through HE and arate just illustrates it. Sandro kind of further illustrates it. Buy a crocked animal and guess what, despite the passion he is crocked. Mutch bought and sold. Fer Ferking useless. The South American boys were a good punt.

Mad times for TF and co with Air Asia. HR is an end of an era we will all look back on. Glad I aint got the cheque book. Because it would a be a large island a million miles away. With HR at the helm who needs this shyte? It's grimmer than a grim thing. Roll on June because the certainty of relegation is better than watching QPR this season.

FFP is unenforceable, so no doubt plan B kicks in with brown envelopes in the shadows. It's great for football....
Is it possible? on 01:49 - Feb 3 with 1386 viewsrsonist

If the board had "seen through" Redknapp then they would have sacked him. Are they going to let him relegate the club and lose a fckload more money just to teach him a life lesson before he retires?

There may be some sort of FFP connection in the background but to be honest I just think that TF is being indecisive. He hasn't got the bottle to pull the trigger on HR so he maintains a childlike faith in a miraculous turnaround, that either HR becomes a completely different person overnight or that the talented well renumerated players will work something out managing themselves. At the same time he's bricking it having realised relegation is a distinct possibility so he doesn't want to get the club deeper in the hole financially. He's caught himself in between two stools and the result is that nothing has changed.

We know for certain that when TF was full of optimism in the summer he was very ready to hand over another £11m for Borini - possibly £8m for Andre Ayew too if you believe that rumour. So it's not that the money isn't there as such.

Thing is the FFP charge is from the Football League and not the Premiership so I can't see how "in exchange for no purchases have the fine drastically reduced if they get relegated" would be relevant. The FL don't care what we do now - but if we ever come back to them needing to participate in their competition again they'll then have the leverage they don't currently and will hammer us. It may be that TF has realised that our position is weakening.

It also occurred to me at the time that CIty and PSG accepting their UEFA FFP sanctions may have set a bad legal precedent from our point of view
Is it possible? on 02:56 - Feb 3 with 1346 viewsCanadaRanger

Possible thoughts:

1. We did it at Wembley with Harry. The team can raise themselves to avoid relegation.
2. TF is horendously distracted from QPR matters by the airliner disaster.
3. TF has no time for a further time crisis this month caused by change in Manager, and the spending list of anyone new coming in. Been there and done that. Some guy by the name of Mark Hughes. Story did not end well.
4. FFP risk reduction.
5. Involvement is long term. Relegation is not the end of it. Parachute payments if relegated could help fund new infrastructure projects needed for long term sustained success (ground, training facility).
Is it possible? on 03:05 - Feb 3 with 1334 viewsFloridaR

Tis january stinks of a transfer embargo & maybe the Mutch sale was so the club could show a 5 mill profit as part of the break even conditions.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Login to get fewer ads

Is it possible? on 03:17 - Feb 3 with 1328 viewsWeaverQPR

To publically back Redknapp then not let him sign anyone does not make sense. We need a forward.

I think TF's bottle has gone and as said he is hoping for some sort of miracle. Completely out of his depth tweeting nonsense, 'board knows what it has to do', 'lessons learned'.

We are well in the shat relying on players who want out. Sound familiar?

@WeavQPR

Is it possible? on 08:08 - Feb 3 with 1031 viewsderbyhoop

How about
We set a budget for the season and its been spent, so no more.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 8:10]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Is it possible? on 08:14 - Feb 3 with 994 viewsBasingstokeR

Is it possible? on 08:08 - Feb 3 by derbyhoop

How about
We set a budget for the season and its been spent, so no more.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 8:10]

Yeah, why does it have to be any more complicated?
Is it possible? on 14:04 - Feb 3 with 868 viewsrsonist

Because if we had a set budget then we'd still have £11m of Borini money available.
Is it possible? on 14:08 - Feb 3 with 856 viewsPinnerPaul

But FFP fine based on accounts year ending May 14?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024