Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Night Shifts 23:10 - Oct 24 with 2042 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone else work them?

Nothing worse than doing them after a match like today.
Night Shifts on 23:20 - Oct 24 with 2022 viewsstowmarketrange

I've worked permanent nights for 35 years now,but I only work Monday to Friday night,so I don't normally have to work after games.
They say it shortens your life by a few years,but with watching QPR too,I'm lucky not to be already pushing up the daisies.
Night Shifts on 23:37 - Oct 24 with 1995 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Night Shifts on 23:20 - Oct 24 by stowmarketrange

I've worked permanent nights for 35 years now,but I only work Monday to Friday night,so I don't normally have to work after games.
They say it shortens your life by a few years,but with watching QPR too,I'm lucky not to be already pushing up the daisies.

Yeah, at least we are giving the coroner something to think about.
Night Shifts on 23:42 - Oct 24 with 1978 viewsPommyhoop

I used to do a Standby (call out) which was on top of your normal 8 hours.
You get a few busy ones of them on the bounce and you feel it.
Feel for you starting work after the match mate.
Ouch !

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Night Shifts on 23:45 - Oct 24 with 1977 viewsWeaverQPR

13 hr shift tonight. bstrd.

@WeavQPR

Night Shifts on 03:29 - Oct 25 with 1872 viewsqpr1976

Night Shifts on 23:45 - Oct 24 by WeaverQPR

13 hr shift tonight. bstrd.

Same as.

But all the sweeter after watching a 3-0 win.
I can celebrate later in the week with a cheeky bottle.
Night Shifts on 04:46 - Oct 25 with 1853 viewsFredManRave

Not so much night shifts as afternoon/late evening ones. Start at 2pm and finish at midnight and work most saturdays 'till midnight as well. Took a while to get used to but I take the positive of spending each and every morning with my youngest, just me and him, time that I would never have doing a 9to5.

*If Carlsberg did mornings...

*Just to clarify I don't drink Carlsberg or any other alcoholic beverage when I'm with my boy in the mornings.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Night Shifts on 06:29 - Oct 25 with 1825 viewsWatford_Ranger

I used to work in U.S. and South American football, albeit fairly briefly, so mostly did Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights plus one or two others. I think with hindsight it drove me a bit mad and slightly depressed.
Night Shifts on 09:41 - Oct 25 with 1700 viewsTacticalR

Night Shifts on 06:29 - Oct 25 by Watford_Ranger

I used to work in U.S. and South American football, albeit fairly briefly, so mostly did Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights plus one or two others. I think with hindsight it drove me a bit mad and slightly depressed.

Excellent preparation for joining this board then.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Night Shifts on 10:02 - Oct 25 with 1671 viewsqpr85

I do night shifts on railway. Used to be one every 12 weeks but with people leaving and sickness I've been doing a lot more 1 in every 4 weeks!!
I don't mind them at some stations but they are a killer at St Pancras.
There's no dispatch and nowhere to get your head down. Living in Peterborough as well so trying to stay awake after a 12 hour shift is rough. But I enjoy them come payday.
I'm also starting nights tonight and luckily I have an understanding wife who woke me up at 0930 this morning so I can have a lay in. Forgetting the clocks went back. Happy days
Night Shifts on 16:08 - Oct 25 with 1576 viewsthemodfather

yes i do shifts and nights, 7 of em a month...with a 12 hr sunday thrown in (twice a month)
i'm in a constant state of jet lag, near zombie like and they go on about safety critical on the railway?
and with the clock change, during winter months all i see is dark!
Night Shifts on 17:01 - Oct 26 with 1392 viewsIngham

Can be a bit of a downer.

Remember listening on the radio to Wolves playing Liverpool at Molineux in 1976, to save themselves from relegation and give us the title, and after the home side's collapse at the death, having to leave at once and walk from home up past the North Pole (the pub, not the Arctic) to start the night shift in Barlby Road.

It was a long night.
Night Shifts on 17:22 - Oct 26 with 1374 viewsWilloW4

Night Shifts on 16:08 - Oct 25 by themodfather

yes i do shifts and nights, 7 of em a month...with a 12 hr sunday thrown in (twice a month)
i'm in a constant state of jet lag, near zombie like and they go on about safety critical on the railway?
and with the clock change, during winter months all i see is dark!

I feel for you modfather, it's not good or healthy doing night shifts (I've done them and hated them).. Doesn't help you physically at all.. My eldest brother did shift work for a couple of decades, and as a previous poster said it does take years of your life.. It can't be right to be eating pie n mash when your body clock says corn flakes.
Night Shifts on 19:00 - Oct 26 with 1332 viewsstowmarketrange

Night Shifts on 17:22 - Oct 26 by WilloW4

I feel for you modfather, it's not good or healthy doing night shifts (I've done them and hated them).. Doesn't help you physically at all.. My eldest brother did shift work for a couple of decades, and as a previous poster said it does take years of your life.. It can't be right to be eating pie n mash when your body clock says corn flakes.

I don't think its too bad doing nights permenantly.Its when you alternate with days that must be difficult to adjust to.
Night Shifts on 19:08 - Oct 26 with 1326 viewsaston_hoop

I used to do night shifts, 12 hour shifts 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on, 4 nights off etc repeated. It played havoc with my health and eventually I moved on. I've always been thin but I was shocked by just how much weight I ended up putting on. This happened during the Warnock promotion season so I ended up missing most of the games that year. I remember having a Tuesday night off and getting a ticket to see a very dull 0-0 home to Derby, maybe about Feb/March time. I just remember getting a ton of abuse by a few regulars where I was sitting who'd 'never seen my face' before and that I was some glory hunter (because obviously its glory hunting seeing a 0-0 v Derby on a Tuesday night). Whenever I read the threads about people booing Henry, chanting for him to be sent off etc, I remember we do have idiots like that supporting us as well as the other 99% of us!!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Night Shifts on 20:11 - Oct 26 with 1287 viewsNordicR

I work 12 hour shifts too, two days, two nights and then six days off. It's the best schedule I've had, but as Aston Hoop mentioned it's easy to put on weight. Some people at work feels out of sync with the rest of the world, but I think the free time is worth it.
Night Shifts on 01:32 - Dec 16 with 1088 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Another one. Should have a beer in me : (
Night Shifts on 03:14 - Dec 16 with 1053 viewsessextaxiboy

Just off to Gatwick now 0330 out and a 0555 return .

At least I dont have to turn the radio off for the sports reports today ., and I can buy a paper .

Makes a nice change Nighty night
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024