Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olympic boxing 19:47 - Aug 21 with 1357 viewsGloucs_R

Fixed.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Olympic boxing on 20:17 - Aug 21 with 1311 viewsRangers67

Definitely , and anyone with a few bob to spare should lump on the scummers to win the premier league with the help they are getting from refs
Olympic boxing on 21:55 - Aug 21 with 1121 viewswortonranger

What about our DQ from the relay that let Brazil into the final? And no video available to help. Very suspicious if you ask me.
Olympic boxing on 10:10 - Aug 22 with 901 viewsbob566

the irish boxers got two stinking decisions against them. The Michael conlon one was terrible though. Fighting some Russian guy. Absolutely pulverised him but still lost on a split decision. The Russian guy was so battered that he refused to start his semi final fight against his next opponent. The judges were rightly dismissed from duty.
Olympic boxing on 10:40 - Aug 22 with 863 viewsPinnerPaul

Olympic boxing on 10:10 - Aug 22 by bob566

the irish boxers got two stinking decisions against them. The Michael conlon one was terrible though. Fighting some Russian guy. Absolutely pulverised him but still lost on a split decision. The Russian guy was so battered that he refused to start his semi final fight against his next opponent. The judges were rightly dismissed from duty.

I thought the one dismissed weren't the one on that fight?

Despite the conspiracy theories its pretty difficult to fix.

Apparently all judges put in a room without mobile phones and then 3 are picked at random, 10 minutes before fight and told they are doing it.
Olympic boxing on 10:55 - Aug 22 with 831 viewsjonno

The judging wasn't fixed (unlike the disqualifion of the GB 4x400 team to allow Brazil into the final), it was just incompetent. The French guy who beat Royce should have lost in the semi final where he was clearly beaten by his opponent (from Uzbekistan I think) but unaccountably won on points. Just as in the final, he threw far fewer punches, and many of those did not land in a scoring position either. From the decisions I saw it seemed to me that the judges just based their decisions on the current world rankings of the two boxers - if one was ranked No 1 in the world he would get the decision irrespective of the actual performance in the ring, and this was what happened with the French guy in both the semi and final. They did not seem to know how to judge an actual fight.
Olympic boxing on 11:12 - Aug 22 with 806 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Olympic boxing on 10:40 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

I thought the one dismissed weren't the one on that fight?

Despite the conspiracy theories its pretty difficult to fix.

Apparently all judges put in a room without mobile phones and then 3 are picked at random, 10 minutes before fight and told they are doing it.

They were involved according to latest reports. I don't normally shout "fix" but it's very hard to accept any other explanation but corruption for Conlan's fight when he dominated all three rounds so convincingly.

I din't see Taylor's fight or Levitt's.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Olympic boxing on 11:37 - Aug 22 with 779 viewsstevec

It's a blessed relief he didn't win. BBC would have given him a 10 match pro fight contract, Audrey Harrison style.
Olympic boxing on 11:39 - Aug 22 with 772 viewsGloucs_R

I'm in training for the next Olympics, apparently I can cover up for 3 rounds, throwing a couple of jabs every round, and can win the gold medal. Brilliant.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Olympic boxing on 11:40 - Aug 22 with 772 viewsPinnerPaul

Olympic boxing on 11:12 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

They were involved according to latest reports. I don't normally shout "fix" but it's very hard to accept any other explanation but corruption for Conlan's fight when he dominated all three rounds so convincingly.

I din't see Taylor's fight or Levitt's.

Only passing on what I read Brian, so can't be too dogmatic about it!

But Jeff Powell (Yes I know, but he IS a very experienced boxing journo) said he thought Conlan HAD won but it wasn't a total surprise that he didn't and he said he had seen many more "dodgy" decisions than that down the years - but as I say I'm not really a boxing fan so will shut up now!
Olympic boxing on 12:11 - Aug 22 with 736 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Olympic boxing on 11:40 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Only passing on what I read Brian, so can't be too dogmatic about it!

But Jeff Powell (Yes I know, but he IS a very experienced boxing journo) said he thought Conlan HAD won but it wasn't a total surprise that he didn't and he said he had seen many more "dodgy" decisions than that down the years - but as I say I'm not really a boxing fan so will shut up now!

Hey, I'm not either, my man!

Thought that one was indisputable, though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Olympic boxing on 12:34 - Aug 22 with 686 viewsMrSheen

Taylor's fight was very similar to Joyce's yesterday, except that her opponent was the aggressor. She kept charging forwards and threw more punches while Taylor stayed back to counterpunch. Unlike yesterday's fight, the judges just about favoured the busier fighter over the stylist. Taylor's reputation may not have helped her, because while she looked more controlled, like the French fighter yesterday, the lateral movement and hard punching she is famous for just weren't there. It was as if the judges ruled against her because they felt disappointed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024