Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perch 15:01 - Apr 1 with 1318 viewsbosh67

Not sure how many people noticed how much more comfortable he was as a centre back. Played there for Wigan and read the game so much better last night. Even though we played badly and Ned got tired having to do so much, I thought that Perch, Ned and Hall all had decent games, even though the system was wrong.

But, just wanted to give Perch some credit. Natural centre back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Perch on 15:29 - Apr 1 with 1284 viewshubble

Good point. Agreed.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Perch on 15:41 - Apr 1 with 1277 viewsjohncharles

Ollie likes because he'll play anywhere he's asked to play and doesn't moan about it but he's so much better in the centre.

Strong and stable my arse.

Perch on 15:47 - Apr 1 with 1267 viewsHayesender

He's the only right back I've ever seen who's better at left back, centre back and holding midfielder than he is right back 😉

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Perch on 15:56 - Apr 1 with 1233 viewsvegasranger

It is strange that his worst position is right back. The only player who really up yesterday.
Perch on 15:58 - Apr 1 with 1228 viewsRoller

One of the biggest problems I'd have with Perch playing in the middle is that his "clearing" headers usually pick out the best placed opposition striker.
Perch on 16:38 - Apr 1 with 1159 viewsoldmisery

Perch on 15:58 - Apr 1 by Roller

One of the biggest problems I'd have with Perch playing in the middle is that his "clearing" headers usually pick out the best placed opposition striker.

I'm rather afraid that's called Grant Hallitis. Hall has many attributes but getting any direction or distance with clearing headers isn't one of them.

Oh for the days of Shittu and Carlisle!
Perch on 17:06 - Apr 1 with 1123 viewsbosh67

Perch on 16:38 - Apr 1 by oldmisery

I'm rather afraid that's called Grant Hallitis. Hall has many attributes but getting any direction or distance with clearing headers isn't one of them.

Some of Shittu's headers are still coming down

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Perch on 17:19 - Apr 1 with 1093 viewsHayesender

Perch on 16:38 - Apr 1 by oldmisery

I thought it was called Gus Cesar syndrome *shudder*

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Perch on 20:02 - Apr 1 with 945 viewsjohncharles

Okay, so we've all sussed that our defensive headers went to he opposition last night. So how about sharing your tactical nouse with the midfield. A lot of defensive headers are - just get it the Fck out of here. The midfield should/try to get on the end of these.

Strong and stable my arse.

Perch on 22:22 - Apr 1 with 824 viewsLblock

Errrrrmmmmm.

Dunno how to say this, but...

He's not for me. Stick him on a scooter in June please

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Perch on 11:09 - Apr 2 with 635 viewsdistortR

Perch on 22:22 - Apr 1 by Lblock

Errrrrmmmmm.

Dunno how to say this, but...

He's not for me. Stick him on a scooter in June please

Handy squad player.
Perch on 11:15 - Apr 2 with 628 viewsfrancisbowles

Perch on 11:09 - Apr 2 by distortR

Handy squad player.

Agreed. He may not be anyone's favourite but on a limited budget it would be difficult to replace a player of his experience and versatility. Give him another year with an option if he meets Ollie's targets.
Perch on 13:18 - Apr 2 with 579 viewskensalriser

We're getting dangerously short of scapegoats so for that reason alone he should stay.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Perch on 14:23 - Apr 2 with 532 viewsDannytheR

Solid squad member, covers across the back and defensive midfield. Not sure what the problem is.

He's contracted here until summer 2018 anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024