Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning 15:42 - Dec 30 with 3952 viewsDieByYourSide

Two of them *away from home*

Poll: And it's hi ho

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 15:52 - Dec 30 with 2925 viewsNorthernr

What is this winning away from home of which you speak?

Going to stick some money on Birmingham and Burton now to try and ward off the full set.
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 16:36 - Dec 30 with 2850 viewsnix

Looking at the stats for Sunderland - they’ve had ONE shot all match - to their opponents 14. It’s all about making your chances count!
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 16:41 - Dec 30 with 2830 viewsLblock

Chances you say?

What? For actual strikers type things?

Nah.... it'll never catch on

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 16:44 - Dec 30 with 2825 viewsrsonist

Birmingham 1-0 Leeds
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 16:45 - Dec 30 with 2820 views2Thomas2Bowles

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 15:52 - Dec 30 by Northernr

What is this winning away from home of which you speak?

Going to stick some money on Birmingham and Burton now to try and ward off the full set.

Birmingham winning Hull now drawing
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 16:46]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 16:59 - Dec 30 with 2737 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Every team below us picked up decent points today...

:(

Wins for Brum against Leeds (the most in-form team in the league before today), Sunderland and Bolton, and draws for Hull, Barnsley and Burton.

Got to get something out of Cardiff on Monday...
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 16:59 - Dec 30 with 2742 viewsDieByYourSide

No team below us lost 5 pts off relegation.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 17:26 - Dec 30 with 2628 viewsWrightUp5hit___

WE'RE DOOOOMMMMEEED!!!!!!!

Oh 5hit what are we going to do?

I wan't my mommy!
Login to get fewer ads

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 17:35 - Dec 30 with 2605 viewsactonman

It may have been alluded to a few times in the past couple of months but we are heading straight for the brown stuff .
Can't score , can't keep clean sheets, can't win away , struggling to win at home, it's been there for months I tell thee !!!!!

But it's ok cos we're trying to comply with ffp and we have no money

I didn't know one of the stipulations of ffp was not to win any games and get relegated but there you go
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 17:36 - Dec 30 with 2602 viewsjoolsyp

Right in the mix now (if we weren’t before). Desperately need to put a little run of draws and wins together otherwise it may well be Fleetwood and Oxford Utd next season. Lots of points to play for still - can Ollie turn things around?
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 17:40 - Dec 30 with 2590 viewsBlackCrowe

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 17:36 - Dec 30 by joolsyp

Right in the mix now (if we weren’t before). Desperately need to put a little run of draws and wins together otherwise it may well be Fleetwood and Oxford Utd next season. Lots of points to play for still - can Ollie turn things around?

We could be in trouble deep. Unless strikers start scoring and he picks consistent starting xI, formation and makes subs sensibly.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 17:57 - Dec 30 with 2533 viewskitkev

I keep reading about FFP on here as i that is the main problem, every team in this league are under the same constraints, Burton have the lowest budget in the league Millwall about third lowest, so FFP cannot be blamed,

you have some decent players there but they are just not clicking, i thought you would avoid relegation again like last year but in all honesty i think you will be lucky to survive, with the teams below gaining points and improving each game.

It will be squeeky Bum time for the next few games.
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 18:29 - Dec 30 with 2450 viewsdaveB

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 17:40 - Dec 30 by BlackCrowe

We could be in trouble deep. Unless strikers start scoring and he picks consistent starting xI, formation and makes subs sensibly.

he has been picking a consistent 11, when fit 8 of the team picks itself same as most other clubs in this division
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 18:36 - Dec 30 with 2433 viewsNorthernr

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 17:57 - Dec 30 by kitkev

I keep reading about FFP on here as i that is the main problem, every team in this league are under the same constraints, Burton have the lowest budget in the league Millwall about third lowest, so FFP cannot be blamed,

you have some decent players there but they are just not clicking, i thought you would avoid relegation again like last year but in all honesty i think you will be lucky to survive, with the teams below gaining points and improving each game.

It will be squeeky Bum time for the next few games.

Yes but not every club, in fact none of the clubs, spent the last five years throwing hundreds of millions of pounds away, saddling themselves with an oversized squad and long contracts for players nobody wants to buy. We've got to get rid of dozens, halve the wage bill, and then halve it again before we can do anything or go anywhere. That's a very tricky thing to do without completely collapsing.

It's completely our fault, but it's a situation Holloway, Bircham, Hoos and Ferdinand have inherited and are having to deal with.
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 19:00 - Dec 30 with 2374 viewsCamberleyR

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 17:35 - Dec 30 by actonman

It may have been alluded to a few times in the past couple of months but we are heading straight for the brown stuff .
Can't score , can't keep clean sheets, can't win away , struggling to win at home, it's been there for months I tell thee !!!!!

I didn't know one of the stipulations of ffp was not to win any games and get relegated but there you go

And if we fail FFP again, we get a transfer embargo until we are FFP compliant again which will probably mean inevitable relegation anyway.

I really cannot understand how people cannot get their head round this.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 19:47 - Dec 30 with 2304 viewsNorthernr

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 17:35 - Dec 30 by actonman

I don't think anybody is saying OK, but if you breach FFP without getting promoted then you're under a transfer embargo indefinitely until your squad complies with it again, which with our attendances and the end of the parachute payments pending would basically require the fire sale of everything - Hall, Scowen, Smithies, Luongo, Freeman would all just have to be offloaded super cheap until we had basically nobody left at which point the embargo would be lifted. But that could take 18 months-two years, would see what sellable assets we do have all gone. Clubs would make derisory offers and we'd have to accept it, to offload the wages.

Blackburn were a Championship team with Gestede, Rhodes, Cairney (they had to sell Cairney for a couple of million quid!) and now they're in League One. Forest were lucky not to go the same way.

If we can crawl to the end of this season complying with it, release the dozen that are out of contract in the summer, then we can start again. If we breach it, or go down, then we're going to have another three or four years of this, or of a total collapse.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 20:05 - Dec 30 with 2261 viewsactonman

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 19:00 - Dec 30 by CamberleyR

And if we fail FFP again, we get a transfer embargo until we are FFP compliant again which will probably mean inevitable relegation anyway.

I get it . I think everybody gets it . We have no money , we can't spend money and we need to make money.

I get it

What I don't get is how fking useless this team has become.
I don't get how we have no idea how to play against other teams in this league other than launch it up to smithy when all else fails
I don't get how in 10 months we have only won 2 games away from home funnily enough against the same team that's just as much a basket case
I don't get how a defender who has hardly played in 2 years is on course to score more goals than our entire strike force.
I don't get why we have to bend over and grease up the rear passage every time we play a London derby
I don't get why I even care anymore
We're not exactly down to the bare bones having to play 11 youngsters every week. We have a team of players more than capable of winning a few games once in a while but we just don't know how to.

Please please please please can we not blame our sh!tiness on ffp just yet, we will have more than enough time for that when we go down and sell everybody to try and balance the books in league 1.
Then we can start blaming ffp when we are playing the under 17s reserves every week
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 20:24 - Dec 30 with 2225 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 20:05 - Dec 30 by actonman

I get it . I think everybody gets it . We have no money , we can't spend money and we need to make money.

I get it

What I don't get is how fking useless this team has become.
I don't get how we have no idea how to play against other teams in this league other than launch it up to smithy when all else fails
I don't get how in 10 months we have only won 2 games away from home funnily enough against the same team that's just as much a basket case
I don't get how a defender who has hardly played in 2 years is on course to score more goals than our entire strike force.
I don't get why we have to bend over and grease up the rear passage every time we play a London derby
I don't get why I even care anymore
We're not exactly down to the bare bones having to play 11 youngsters every week. We have a team of players more than capable of winning a few games once in a while but we just don't know how to.

Please please please please can we not blame our sh!tiness on ffp just yet, we will have more than enough time for that when we go down and sell everybody to try and balance the books in league 1.
Then we can start blaming ffp when we are playing the under 17s reserves every week

You're not getting it still.
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 21:05 - Dec 30 with 2132 viewsactonman

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 19:47 - Dec 30 by Northernr

I don't think anybody is saying OK, but if you breach FFP without getting promoted then you're under a transfer embargo indefinitely until your squad complies with it again, which with our attendances and the end of the parachute payments pending would basically require the fire sale of everything - Hall, Scowen, Smithies, Luongo, Freeman would all just have to be offloaded super cheap until we had basically nobody left at which point the embargo would be lifted. But that could take 18 months-two years, would see what sellable assets we do have all gone. Clubs would make derisory offers and we'd have to accept it, to offload the wages.

Blackburn were a Championship team with Gestede, Rhodes, Cairney (they had to sell Cairney for a couple of million quid!) and now they're in League One. Forest were lucky not to go the same way.

If we can crawl to the end of this season complying with it, release the dozen that are out of contract in the summer, then we can start again. If we breach it, or go down, then we're going to have another three or four years of this, or of a total collapse.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Exactly. That last paragraph pretty much says what I'm trying to say but with less moaning and bitching about how sh!t we are

Unfortunately I have seen nothing recently to suggest Ian is going to get us out the pooh
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 21:34 - Dec 30 with 2066 viewsHarbour

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 21:05 - Dec 30 by actonman

Exactly. That last paragraph pretty much says what I'm trying to say but with less moaning and bitching about how sh!t we are

Unfortunately I have seen nothing recently to suggest Ian is going to get us out the pooh

But who else can make a difference ?....no money to spend just got to get the best out of what we have....sack OH I presume a payoff take on another manager pay more money with no guarantees..
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 21:46 - Dec 30 with 2028 viewsQPR_John

Can anybody explain how we are in danger of failing FFP this year. We've hardly been throwing money around.
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 21:54 - Dec 30 with 2005 viewsjoolsyp

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 21:34 - Dec 30 by Harbour

But who else can make a difference ?....no money to spend just got to get the best out of what we have....sack OH I presume a payoff take on another manager pay more money with no guarantees..

If in 4 games time we’re in the bottom 3 then what do we do - stick with Holloway and Bircham and watch them take us down then replace them in the summer? Or hope they get us back up from League One? I know we don’t do new manager bounces but we may need to take a chance on one happening with someone like Ainsworth. What are the financial consequences of relegation other than a fire sale of Smithies, Hall, Robinson and Luongo? I’m torn really, I want Ollie to turn this around but he really should be doing better with the squad we have. I love his passion and the fire in his belly but I just think he’s showing a lot of tactical naivety in this poor run we’re having.

On the Eze question I’d recall him - even if he performs in 3 or 4 games that might give us the boost we need and the momentum to keep us out of trouble.
Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 21:55 - Dec 30 with 2005 viewsBlackCrowe

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 21:34 - Dec 30 by Harbour

It's the 'getting the best out of what we have' that i don't think is working. I reckon there's a upper half team there in all honesty. But yes, the question on who replaces is valid.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 21:57 - Dec 30 with 1998 viewsLblock

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 19:00 - Dec 30 by CamberleyR

So we sign some decent players with pace an double figure goals in them and they’re on 3 year Contracts
We pull away from the shit drum and look good for next season

Then those plums at the EFL put us under an embargo. Where’s the issue? We have decent players for three years, is the embargo 5 years?

I’m obviously over simplifying but......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hull, Sunderland, Bolton winning on 22:00 - Dec 30 with 1987 viewsstevec

It's stunning on here how some people think FFP is more important than points on the board.

If we continue on like this we'll probably comply with FFP and get relegated, any idea how much that will cost? It'll mean substantially lower income than present, the end of any remaining thoughts of a new stadium and most likely the shelving of a new training ground.

And then have to create a new side in League One and STILL comply with FFP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024