Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does he stay or does he go now? 09:14 - Feb 25 with 11591 viewsRangersDave

I know, the last thing you want is another in or out thread, but I’m truly interested.

Ok, we know we are in the merde financially, and constraints on buying and selling are there for all to see, but........

Do we think that Ollie has now had his chance, and must be shown the door, as it’s plain he won’t go through it himself?

My opinion is that , although I love him to bits, the time is ‘almost’ upon us. I say almost as i’d Like him to stay until we are assured , mathematically, of staying up, then go. Leaving, hopefully 5-6 matches for a new sucker, sorry, manager to see what he has to work with, and what he might need for next season.

Who would replace Ollie? I’d pick one guy from a list of the top 3 managers from all the leagues below and that way there is a chance we pick a hungry one, one with nouse, intelligence and ability.

I think, sadly that Ollie is way out of his depth, and has been since arrival back.
I’d get rid of the coaches too. As they don’t seem to be up to much.

Yup, almost a nuclear option but one we have to consider unless by some miracle Shteeeeeve comes back to Rangers.

Thoughts guys?
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:20 - Feb 25 with 6155 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'll ask you a question.

Where in the league do you think we should be, in consideration of all the off-field problems.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:29 - Feb 25 with 6118 viewsRangersDave

Hi mate,

Great question, in reality I suppose we are lucky to be where we are, but.......do you not think that Ollie has had his chance?

Between Evil Les, CR, MB, IH, they have gotten a team that doesn’t play consistently, rolls over more often than not, cannot seem to roll their socks up, unless in the odd match etc.

Playing wide players is a no brainier, picking players you’ve brought also, playing to a recognised formation, each player knowing without fail his position and duties.

I cannot see this happening consistently enough to do anything but wallow around (if we are lucky) in the lower championship for years to come.
Nothing I see at the minute leads me to think things will improve as almost every week the same mistakes are made.

Time is up for me this week and maybe I’m being ‘knee jerk’ after last Monday’s emotional turmoil but heck I want to see fight, goals, passion, flowing football, hell, even a minor cup run.

Is it too much to ask?

Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:38 - Feb 25 with 6054 views2Thomas2Bowles

Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:29 - Feb 25 by RangersDave

Hi mate,

Great question, in reality I suppose we are lucky to be where we are, but.......do you not think that Ollie has had his chance?

Between Evil Les, CR, MB, IH, they have gotten a team that doesn’t play consistently, rolls over more often than not, cannot seem to roll their socks up, unless in the odd match etc.

Playing wide players is a no brainier, picking players you’ve brought also, playing to a recognised formation, each player knowing without fail his position and duties.

I cannot see this happening consistently enough to do anything but wallow around (if we are lucky) in the lower championship for years to come.
Nothing I see at the minute leads me to think things will improve as almost every week the same mistakes are made.

Time is up for me this week and maybe I’m being ‘knee jerk’ after last Monday’s emotional turmoil but heck I want to see fight, goals, passion, flowing football, hell, even a minor cup run.

Is it too much to ask?

Cheers
Dave

Do you do not think that Ollie has had his chance?

I would want to hear of an alternative, something no one has really given a viable answer too.

I'm glad we are not Sunderland, Birmingham, Burton.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:43 - Feb 25 with 6045 viewsdaveB

I think it's pointless changing manager now, can see the case for changing at the end of the season and might be for the best but I have very little confidence in Fernandes getting the right man in
Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:59 - Feb 25 with 6001 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Perhaps someone can ask Ian Taylor to get Gareth Ainsworth in and move on Holloway, Bircham and Ferdinand.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:06 - Feb 25 with 5973 viewsJamesB1979

Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:43 - Feb 25 by daveB

I think it's pointless changing manager now, can see the case for changing at the end of the season and might be for the best but I have very little confidence in Fernandes getting the right man in

Not just Tony making the decision though. Well if we believe what they tell us anyway. Meant to be Les and Hoos together with Board.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:08 - Feb 25 with 5961 viewsEsox_Lucius

The thing is Dave, TF has been reined in and, after seeing how his insistence with bringing IH in has panned out Ruben & the others may feel justified in not giving in to anything TF says unless they buy in fully too. I feel we are stuck with IH next season too and, despite my not wanting him in either, I can see why he still may be the only option. The more I look into the FFP situation and read the snippets of information trickled out occasionally, the more I believe I was right when I said 2-3 seasons ago that we could be in for 5-6 years of mediocrity with possible trips to League 1 thrown in. I won't take any pleasure from that happening but my pragmatism will allow me to get over it. We were in the third tier when I began watching QPR, we dropped there again and it is feasible we may end up their again before the good times roll back. We have been told on a number of occasions that the social media vitriol, coupled with the pitch side accompaniment on occasions, gets to the players so it would be helpful in the extreme if the Twitterverse could contain itself to grumbling dissatisfaction, where appropriate, rather than neural embolism inducing incoherent rants whilst the club sorts itself out after the massive (self inflicted) büttfücking it has endured since TF arrived. Credit to those who stayed to the end yesterday and applauded the players off the pitch, which along with the gallows humour from around R Block in the second half, gives me hope that we will retain our hard core of good supporters for the coming bleak seasons ahead of us. Take a bow, you did the club proud yesterday by not making a bad day turn toxic.

The grass is always greener.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:23 - Feb 25 with 5889 viewsRs_Holy

I totally agree with this!... we would end up with someone like Steve Cotterill or Tony Adams.
Login to get fewer ads

Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:25 - Feb 25 with 5871 viewscolinallcars

Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:08 - Feb 25 by Esox_Lucius

The thing is Dave, TF has been reined in and, after seeing how his insistence with bringing IH in has panned out Ruben & the others may feel justified in not giving in to anything TF says unless they buy in fully too. I feel we are stuck with IH next season too and, despite my not wanting him in either, I can see why he still may be the only option. The more I look into the FFP situation and read the snippets of information trickled out occasionally, the more I believe I was right when I said 2-3 seasons ago that we could be in for 5-6 years of mediocrity with possible trips to League 1 thrown in. I won't take any pleasure from that happening but my pragmatism will allow me to get over it. We were in the third tier when I began watching QPR, we dropped there again and it is feasible we may end up their again before the good times roll back. We have been told on a number of occasions that the social media vitriol, coupled with the pitch side accompaniment on occasions, gets to the players so it would be helpful in the extreme if the Twitterverse could contain itself to grumbling dissatisfaction, where appropriate, rather than neural embolism inducing incoherent rants whilst the club sorts itself out after the massive (self inflicted) büttfücking it has endured since TF arrived. Credit to those who stayed to the end yesterday and applauded the players off the pitch, which along with the gallows humour from around R Block in the second half, gives me hope that we will retain our hard core of good supporters for the coming bleak seasons ahead of us. Take a bow, you did the club proud yesterday by not making a bad day turn toxic.

You are right about the second half support and gallows humour but it seemed to me the booing when Forest's third goal went in came from the same section of the crowd
Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:33 - Feb 25 with 5843 viewscorse

Stay till the end of season then out the first thing when this season is over. I dont want that tactically inept sorry excuse for a manager to be here next season.
And he can take bircham with him. Not much of a player at his days and defo not much of coach either. And please please dont even consider brining ainsworth or derry in.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:45 - Feb 25 with 5793 views2Thomas2Bowles

Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:08 - Feb 25 by Esox_Lucius

NO NO NO

Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:05 - Feb 25 with 5652 viewsBushRanger82

He should go now.
I would have sacked him after Brentford away last season.
If he were to be sacked now, and I was the QPR owner, I would move heaven and earth trying to get Mark Warburton in, with either Paul Clement as his No.2, or Steve McClaren.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:13 - Feb 25 with 5635 viewsbosh67

Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:05 - Feb 25 by BushRanger82

He should go now.
If he were to be sacked now, and I was the QPR owner, I would move heaven and earth trying to get Mark Warburton in, with either Paul Clement as his No.2, or Steve McClaren.

The only one below who could come of those three is Warburton. He's worth a fortune (I think in the TF realms or more because of his hedge fund past) and doesn't need the money but would probably enjoy the challenge. He'd certainly set us up to win more matches. His win rate dwarfs Ollie's.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:16 - Feb 25 with 5621 views2Thomas2Bowles

He should go now.

And sack them if we are not any better with-in 20 games Right
Round and round we go...

Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:53 - Feb 25 with 5520 viewsdaveB

Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:06 - Feb 25 by JamesB1979

Not just Tony making the decision though. Well if we believe what they tell us anyway. Meant to be Les and Hoos together with Board.

Last two times Les and Hoos recommended Gary Rowett but Fernandes and the board went with different options.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:58 - Feb 25 with 5497 viewsJamesB1979

Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:53 - Feb 25 by daveB

Last two times Les and Hoos recommended Gary Rowett but Fernandes and the board went with different options.

Didn’t realize that. I thought JFH was a Les and Hoos choice and Tony wasn’t so keen
Does he stay or does he go now? on 13:00 - Feb 25 with 5489 viewsNorthernr

It's about who would come here and take the job with zero money to spend, two separate FFP issues hanging over us, and an ongoing need to cut costs, wages and the squad. It's not that attractive a job, which I suspect would rule out people like Clement and Monk.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 13:02 - Feb 25 with 5481 views2Thomas2Bowles

Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:53 - Feb 25 by daveB

You forget to mention Rowett turned us down twice.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 13:04 - Feb 25 with 5474 viewsMatch82

He should go now.

"Paul Clement as his No. 2"

Clement had a brief stint helping out Blackburn as number two for four months. Other than that, here is the list of clubs he has been number two at:
Chelsea
Paris St Germain
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich

Do you think it's possible that your scenario is a little unrealistic?
Does he stay or does he go now? on 13:07 - Feb 25 with 5465 viewsTHEBUSH

Imo it´s not practical to sack Ian Holloway now, as we don´t have anyone else in house to take over immediately.

At the moment Chris Ramsey and Marc Bircham are our first team coaches and neither of those would be acceptable, to take over from Holloway, imo.

In the meantime Les & Co need to think long and hard, as to what´s best for QPR´s future ?
Does he stay or does he go now? on 13:47 - Feb 25 with 5392 viewsHarbour

I think we would be mad to change managers now...we are not cut adrift in the bottom 3 th8ngs are not great but could be a lot worse. Review at the end of season but I think if we stay up the board will stick with OH one possibility is he has enough .....working with limited budget probably losing some key players. It could be harder next season and who wants to take on the poison chalice?
Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:00 - Feb 25 with 5350 viewsEsox_Lucius

Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:25 - Feb 25 by colinallcars

You are right about the second half support and gallows humour but it seemed to me the booing when Forest's third goal went in came from the same section of the crowd

It was the Trees 3rd goal that sparked the fire drill so yes,I can understand why the booing sprang up, probably rushing off to vent their spleen on social media and calling for mass sackings too. It was those who remained who I was giving kudos to and they deserve it. That was a bitter pill to swallow given recent sparks of optimism and could have easily become very toxic, but it didn't. If we end up with a home crowd consisting of just those hardy souls left at the end I think we would see some better games as they would be playing with no fear IMVHO. FWIW I thought we looked better than decent for 30 minutes whilst also looking tactically inept, hence the lack of goals, but once the defence was removed it was only ever going to go one way really wasn't it? I think other teams have worked us out and we may have a another nervy finish to the season but I believe we are safe from relegation.

The grass is always greener.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:08 - Feb 25 with 5332 viewsBushRanger82

Does he stay or does he go now? on 13:04 - Feb 25 by Match82

"Paul Clement as his No. 2"

Clement had a brief stint helping out Blackburn as number two for four months. Other than that, here is the list of clubs he has been number two at:
Chelsea
Paris St Germain
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich

Do you think it's possible that your scenario is a little unrealistic?

I would at least try.
You heard the old adage, you never ask, you never get?
Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:54 - Feb 25 with 5228 viewsHendonHoop

I also reckon he should go now and bring in Mark Warburton and either Paul Clement and/or Steve McLaren as has already been suggested.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:03 - Feb 25 with 5188 viewskensalriser

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:54 - Feb 25 by HendonHoop

I also reckon he should go now and bring in Mark Warburton and either Paul Clement and/or Steve McLaren as has already been suggested.

If we're going to be ambitious let's just aim high and accept nothing less than Guardiola and Klopp as number 2.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024