Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diabetes UK FundRaiser 10:39 - Jul 17 with 2725 viewsDWQPR

Following on from FredManRaves post where his son has recently been diagnosed with T1 Diabetes, it just so happened that my company at the start of July embarked on a 1million step challenge in order to raise funds for Diabetes UK. There are four of us in the business and to be honest by the end of September when the challenge finishes I would like to think we will achieve 3million steps.

The inspiration behind this relates to my personal trainer, Hollie who is only 24 and was diagnosed with T1 at the age of 10. Hollie has recently had her second daughter. Her diabetes has caused her sight issues and also she has a renal check once a year. Her own personal condition has prevented her from obtaining life assurance, which with a young family is essential for both her and her partner. I have worked with her for the last two years and the result is that I have gone from a fat 51 year old topping 19 stone to a slim, toned 53 year old weighing in at around 14 stone. She has been a real inspiration to me. She never moans or complains about her condition and both her pregnancies have been far from easy.

So below is a link and I know that as a community on this board, us brotherhood of R's have been generous over the years to various causes, so please, even if it is a fiver, the donation will be more than appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR'SSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

DW

https://step.everydayhero.com/uk/team-inca

PS. Clive, could you make this a sticky for a couple of weeks.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Diabetes UK FundRaiser on 10:53 - Jul 17 with 2707 viewsHantsR

...and we're off!
Diabetes UK FundRaiser on 22:01 - Jul 17 with 2651 viewsHantsR

Diabetes UK FundRaiser on 22:10 - Jul 18 with 2599 viewsDWQPR

Thanks for the donation Hants. It is amazing how common this illness is when you start to talk about it. And because it is a condition that people are able to live with, it still provides a lot of issues for sufferers, such as sight loss, limb loss, kidney problems etc.

Diabetes UK FundRaiser on 18:17 - Jul 19 with 2417 viewsPunteR

Done. All the best.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Diabetes UK FundRaiser on 09:44 - Jul 21 with 2177 viewsQPRSteve

Done. Good luck
Diabetes UK FundRaiser on 14:19 - Jul 21 with 2148 viewsSnipper

Done. Good luck fella.
Diabetes UK FundRaiser on 09:06 - Jul 22 with 2066 viewswrinklyhoop

Done. All the best
Diabetes UK FundRaiser on 13:36 - Jul 22 with 2041 viewsDWQPR

Diabetes UK FundRaiser on 09:06 - Jul 22 by wrinklyhoop

Done. All the best

Cheers Vaughan. You and all the rest of the donors from this site are gentlemen! As for the rest, well they are gentlemen as well, except of course for the ladies!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024