Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing 18:55 - Jul 24 with 2816 viewsNorthernr

Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing 24th Jul 2019 18:51
QPR finally have a striker in their squad ahead of the season starting next Saturday — 20-year-old Slovenian Jan Mlakar has signed a season long loan deal from Brighton. 11

Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 19:18 - Jul 24 with 2678 viewsstevec

So the Chelsea RB is not coming, nothing to do with the hostile reaction to Furlong sale I trust?
Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 20:49 - Jul 24 with 2369 viewsdaveB

On manager gets what he wants it's been that way under every manager since Ferdinand came in with mixed results.

I don't think the model we have is for players to be signed for a manager, Ferdinand has more been about pushing for improvements to youth side and scouting at that level as well wanting players for the first team who tick certain boxes such as want to be here, see it as a step up and have sell on value.

Penrice and his team seemed to have had real success with Freeman, Scowen, BFG, Bright and Smyth but less so with Goss and Wheeler. It's never fool proof whether you use only who a manager wants or force players on a manager.

For me if we hire Warburton you have to back him and let him bring in players to fit his style. If it doesn't work of course you have problems but thats no different to if we forced players on him and it didn't work.
Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 21:31 - Jul 24 with 2227 viewsEalingHoop81

Great piece.

I’m not yet quite convinced that we’re truly in point 3 yet. Of the 10 signings so far only 3 have played for him before. Yes there is clearly a link to Brighton, but equally calling in all the resources you can to find strikers will surely lead to pulling strings and someone you trust recommending a player they have that they will loan you does make some sense. Add to that it is from a club that we have dealt with recently (Lau Lua and Hemed) so presumably have a bit of a relationship with is not the same as Hughes and Redknapp signing players represented by their agents continuously.

Last year Schteve went out and completely overrode the game plan and signed 5 loanees costing us between £8 and £10m on wages of the reports are anywhere near accurate. Th is year we’ve slashed costs and are desperately trying to find appropriate replacements. If and it’s a big if it works then I don’t care if we have had to use every single connection and called in favour possible.

Holloway made a big deal of Penrice knowing everything about a player including their character and how that obviously helps to ensure they really fit in. Presumably knowing a player or having inside knowledge on a player may also be useful.
Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 00:56 - Jul 25 with 1800 viewsDavieQPR

Well if all Penrice has come up with is the ex Colchester GK then I do worry about our Scouting system. I do think that Mlakar will be a big improvement on Hemed.Although look up what Malaka means in Greek.
Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 07:27 - Jul 25 with 1590 viewsjonno

It may work but he's a long way from being a proven goalscorer at our level. Massive risk IMHO, although almost certainly the situation the club is in dictates what they can do.
Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 09:37 - Jul 25 with 1341 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 07:27 - Jul 25 by jonno

It may work but he's a long way from being a proven goalscorer at our level. Massive risk IMHO, although almost certainly the situation the club is in dictates what they can do.

Where's the risk, it's him or we don't really have anyone. Presumably he is relatively inexpensive. (fits within our budget)

With our financial situation it is probably as good as we can achieve. Let's get right behind him. We need him to be taking a very high percentage of chances. Much higher than any of last year's strikers.
Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 09:45 - Jul 25 with 1327 viewsDannyPaddox

How are we pronouncing Mlakar, Jan?

Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 09:46 - Jul 25 with 1327 viewsNorthernr

Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 09:37 - Jul 25 by francisbowles

Where's the risk, it's him or we don't really have anyone. Presumably he is relatively inexpensive. (fits within our budget)

With our financial situation it is probably as good as we can achieve. Let's get right behind him. We need him to be taking a very high percentage of chances. Much higher than any of last year's strikers.

It's a risk allowing Matt Smith to join a relegation rival and replacing him with a kid who's never played in this country on loan from Brighton.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 10:24 - Jul 25 with 1256 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Orthodox_Hoop and I used to play Champ Manager 0something and sign Zlatan Ljubijankić from Domžale in the Championship and he used get shit loads of goals.

I'm hoping he's our 'Daddy Ljubijankić'.

Mind you we used to sign Daniel Nardiello too.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 11:05 - Jul 25 with 1202 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer-long striker search turns up Brighton loan — Signing on 09:46 - Jul 25 by Northernr

It's a risk allowing Matt Smith to join a relegation rival and replacing him with a kid who's never played in this country on loan from Brighton.

Agreed but I was in the present with the risk on Smith already taken. Therefore I don't see any other option now than bringing in this young player. If no other striker move works out, we at least have him and Oteh (if Warburton doesn't send him somewhere else).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024