Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still Enjoyed It 17:00 - Jun 20 with 1794 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice to have London and Sinton back.

Poor performance, but great to see my Rangers back again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Still Enjoyed It on 17:04 - Jun 20 with 1760 viewsqprd

Cheers Brian

Enjoyed your running commentary in the match thread, as usual

See you next week
Still Enjoyed It on 17:04 - Jun 20 with 1753 viewsplasmahoop

Well that's the first time ive ever seen a streamed game. Can't say I enjoyed it that much! Was a bit flat and frustrating. We weren't great, and you've got to deal with it, but substitutions and water breaks seem to kill off any momentum. 4 minutes of stoppage time for that lot, even half of that was wasted after manning was fouled.
Oh well, let's hope for better next week
Still Enjoyed It on 17:06 - Jun 20 with 1731 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Still Enjoyed It on 17:04 - Jun 20 by plasmahoop

Well that's the first time ive ever seen a streamed game. Can't say I enjoyed it that much! Was a bit flat and frustrating. We weren't great, and you've got to deal with it, but substitutions and water breaks seem to kill off any momentum. 4 minutes of stoppage time for that lot, even half of that was wasted after manning was fouled.
Oh well, let's hope for better next week

Manning wasted some of that time by starting a dust-up. Between that and diving he really needs to sharpen up his behaviour.

Still Enjoyed It on 17:11 - Jun 20 with 1685 viewsplasmahoop

Still Enjoyed It on 17:06 - Jun 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Manning wasted some of that time by starting a dust-up. Between that and diving he really needs to sharpen up his behaviour.

Yes he does. His passing was pretty ropey today as well, but probably a bit unfair to single him out. I did notice him at least!
Still Enjoyed It on 17:11 - Jun 20 with 1683 viewscolinallcars

Hated it. What a way to watch football. Even the crowd noise was pathetic.
Still Enjoyed It on 17:16 - Jun 20 with 1640 views2Thomas2Bowles

Masochist

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Still Enjoyed It on 08:57 - Jun 21 with 1245 viewsTacticalR

I have a feeling Sinton knew we weren't going to get back into the game.

Air hostess clique

Still Enjoyed It on 10:38 - Jun 21 with 1118 viewsfrancisbowles

Still Enjoyed It on 17:11 - Jun 20 by colinallcars

Hated it. What a way to watch football. Even the crowd noise was pathetic.

I thought the crowd noise was a lot better than most of the other Championship games where there was nothing.

We could do with a couple of extra pitch side cameras, as it was difficult to tell players apart due to distance. Almost lost Kelly a couple of times as well due to his green coloured kit blending in with the pitch. Anyone else have this problem or do I need to adjust my picture controls? Just put him in purple or red etc.

Stream was excellent, uninterrupted for me and commentary very good.
Login to get fewer ads

Still Enjoyed It on 11:05 - Jun 21 with 1082 viewsdaveB

Stream was really good, obviously we didn't play well. First 20 minutes very similar to Stoke and Preston games, just couldn't get out of our own half but got better after that without ever really looking like scoring.

Was one of those games where I thought with the crowd behind the team we'd have nicked a point but all felt a bit flat.

Hugil should have scored at the end, thought a draw would have been a fair result but Barnsley probably deserve it for the way they started.

It wasn't a shock that without fans it was never going to be the same, felt like a pre season game and despite feeling excited about it all week I never really got into the game
Still Enjoyed It on 11:30 - Jun 21 with 1042 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm with Brian. It's nothing like being there of course, and with little atmosphere it wasn't great (thought the piped in crowd was pretty good though), but given the option between that and no football at all, I'll take that every time. I don't really buy some of Clive's arguments about safety - lots of people are out working, just because football is essentially entertainment, it's still a job and it's important to a lot of people. If it's as safe as it can be, they should be playing.

I did a zoom with a couple of mates so we chatted while watching and maybe that helped my experience of it, made it feel more like the event it is when you go. I thought the comms were really good as usual.

In terms of performance, it was obviously not great. Not awful by any means, and no lack of effort, but the first 20 was very bad (not the first time we've had that problem this season). After that though, I thought we controlled the game without really troubling them, other than three bits of brilliance from Eze that could do nothing about. Thought it was a good and brave substitution to get Shodipo on in an effort to try and stretch them and loosen their grip on BOS, who was extremely tightly marked, and it worked for a while but not quite well enough. Mide was good, I thought, by the way, which was very encouraging. His lung-busting run to get back and stop a shot on goal was superb.

For me, it was all worth it for three or four beautiful moments from Eze. We won't be seeing that for much longer, so I'm choosing to ignore the result and try and enjoy it. Hugill should have twice scored, but there we go. Interestingly yesterday onlu Blackburn won at home. One home win in the whole division. That's incredible.

Hopefully we'll pick up a bit next week. My ratings...

Kelly - 6
Rangel - 5
Masterson - 5
Barbet - 6
Manning - 5
Amos - 4
Ball - 6
Chair - 5
Eze - 6 (MOTM)
BOS - 5
Hugill - 4
Shodipo - 6
Wallace - 5
Kane - 5

Bare bones.

Still Enjoyed It on 11:41 - Jun 21 with 1019 viewsfrancisbowles

Still Enjoyed It on 11:30 - Jun 21 by Antti_Heinola

I'm with Brian. It's nothing like being there of course, and with little atmosphere it wasn't great (thought the piped in crowd was pretty good though), but given the option between that and no football at all, I'll take that every time. I don't really buy some of Clive's arguments about safety - lots of people are out working, just because football is essentially entertainment, it's still a job and it's important to a lot of people. If it's as safe as it can be, they should be playing.

I did a zoom with a couple of mates so we chatted while watching and maybe that helped my experience of it, made it feel more like the event it is when you go. I thought the comms were really good as usual.

In terms of performance, it was obviously not great. Not awful by any means, and no lack of effort, but the first 20 was very bad (not the first time we've had that problem this season). After that though, I thought we controlled the game without really troubling them, other than three bits of brilliance from Eze that could do nothing about. Thought it was a good and brave substitution to get Shodipo on in an effort to try and stretch them and loosen their grip on BOS, who was extremely tightly marked, and it worked for a while but not quite well enough. Mide was good, I thought, by the way, which was very encouraging. His lung-busting run to get back and stop a shot on goal was superb.

For me, it was all worth it for three or four beautiful moments from Eze. We won't be seeing that for much longer, so I'm choosing to ignore the result and try and enjoy it. Hugill should have twice scored, but there we go. Interestingly yesterday onlu Blackburn won at home. One home win in the whole division. That's incredible.

Hopefully we'll pick up a bit next week. My ratings...

Kelly - 6
Rangel - 5
Masterson - 5
Barbet - 6
Manning - 5
Amos - 4
Ball - 6
Chair - 5
Eze - 6 (MOTM)
BOS - 5
Hugill - 4
Shodipo - 6
Wallace - 5
Kane - 5

Agree with all of that Antti but I would nudge BOS up to a 6 as well, for effort and keeping trying to beat them albeit with little result.

We are slow starters, other teams know they have to stifle us, press and stop us playing.

Maybe we should go long in the first ten minutes or so, bang it up to Hugill and get wingers/midfield to support. Put the opposition back on their heels and then gradually settle into our game.

I also find us very negative with free kicks around the half way line. We almost never knock a long one into the box, constantly going backwards and slowing the game down whilst we look for an opening. Not much wrong with that but mix it up a bit. It's a too predictable and allows opponents to be ready to press again.
Still Enjoyed It on 11:48 - Jun 21 with 1005 viewsdaveB

excellent post Antti. On the safety aspect football looks pretty safe, even the changing rooms they are split between 2 now so they can social distance indoors where touching surfaces is likely to be a big issue.

I think it's all just little steps, once next season starts I can see it being small crowds at games and then build up to full ground open by the end of the year.
Still Enjoyed It on 11:51 - Jun 21 with 1001 viewsTacticalR

Was that a knee jerk?

Agree that it's not the first time that we've started badly. It's also not the first time that a team has been able to hold us at arm's length.

Air hostess clique

Still Enjoyed It on 12:58 - Jun 21 with 930 viewsAntti_Heinola

Still Enjoyed It on 11:51 - Jun 21 by TacticalR

Was that a knee jerk?

Agree that it's not the first time that we've started badly. It's also not the first time that a team has been able to hold us at arm's length.

do you know, i had genuinely forgotten the jerks!
i will do a proper set!

Bare bones.

Still Enjoyed It on 13:04 - Jun 21 with 914 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I enjoyed it too. The anticipation beforehand and even the disappointment afterwards. It was all reassuringly familiar. As is often the case the actual football was the worst part of it!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Still Enjoyed It on 15:15 - Jun 26 with 559 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've been away a lot since last Sunday morning so just catching up on old threads. Some very reasoned posts on here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024