Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report 20:34 - Jun 28 with 2307 viewsNorthernr

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report 28th Jun 2020 20:26
Miles below par QPR were beaten 1-0 by a relegation haunted team for the second time in a week on Saturday, this time crashing to defeat against Charlton Athletic at The Valley. 10

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 20:56 - Jun 28 with 2245 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I find it hard to disagree with any of that.

And I suspect that - if they are truthful - the players and management will too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 21:32 - Jun 28 with 2150 viewsLythamR

Everyday, it seems we're wasting away
It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 23:26 - Jun 28 with 1931 viewsstainrods_elbow

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 20:56 - Jun 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I find it hard to disagree with any of that.

And I suspect that - if they are truthful - the players and management will too.

So why aren't they truthful?

Football managers are more like politicians than politicians, so it seems. And I thought Warburton was an honest man.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 02:27 - Jun 29 with 1769 viewsMatch82

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 23:26 - Jun 28 by stainrods_elbow

So why aren't they truthful?

Football managers are more like politicians than politicians, so it seems. And I thought Warburton was an honest man.

Because managers are in the business of winning games, not placating fans. And if he thinks calling them out in the media will demotivate them, then it would be stupid for him to do that, regardless of whether or not that affects your opinion of him.
It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 07:55 - Jun 29 with 1520 views2Thomas2Bowles

Absolute shower

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 10:18 - Jun 29 with 1308 viewsdaveB

Was all very reminiscent of the Hull game at Christmas, loads of the ball but never looked like scoring. Hugil didn't have a good game but why did we not throw a few crosses into the box in the second half, we got into positions out wide and cut kept cutting inside all the time, was so frustrating.
It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 13:36 - Jun 29 with 1001 viewsR_from_afar

Thanks for the match report, Northern, depressing though it is. I don't envy you having to pick the bones out of that.

That game was yet another recipe which should go in The Big QPR Book of Dog's Dinners:
- Take one squad which thinks it's safe
- Remove two senior professionals
- Liberally season with loan players
- Then underprepare for three months...

And Liverpool fans talk of "30 years of hurt". They really have no idea, do they?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 16:55 - Jun 29 with 798 viewswelwynranger

Agree with all of that. Half time possession stats QPR 68%, but at one point I counted 10 passes without the ball leaving our half. 70 yards away the Charlton back 4 were having a cup of tea and a natter to the keeper.
Before these games started I predicted if we continued the way we finished , we could make the play off and send Luton down. Another couple of games we could be in a relegation battle with Luton. I have got the stream for all 9 games, why do I put myself through this pain. I could have took the money. We have no midfield, no forward momentum. And Hugill who IMO missed 2 relatively easy chances against Barnsley and 1 against Charlton, which I feel Wells would have put away.
I will keep the faith because I dont know any better.
Login to get fewer ads

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 17:24 - Jun 29 with 766 viewsstainrods_elbow

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 02:27 - Jun 29 by Match82

Because managers are in the business of winning games, not placating fans. And if he thinks calling them out in the media will demotivate them, then it would be stupid for him to do that, regardless of whether or not that affects your opinion of him.

Give me a break! So winning is all that matters, and candour and honesty count for nothing (that would be in YOUR opinion, albeit an opinion masquerading as some kind of fundamentalist footballing truth).

These would also be the same managers and players who also tell us all the time that football is nothing without the fans (even though it's now about fake noise and paid-for simulacra of fans).

You couldn't really make it up on any level!

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 17:34 - Jun 29 with 756 viewsdaveB

A lot is being made about Wells would have scored these chances, he may well have done but he was missing plenty before the Cardiff game and most of last season so he wasn't perfect either
It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 17:41 - Jun 29 with 748 viewsNorthernr

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 17:34 - Jun 29 by daveB

A lot is being made about Wells would have scored these chances, he may well have done but he was missing plenty before the Cardiff game and most of last season so he wasn't perfect either

He missed several absolute sitters against Charlton at home which we ended up blowing in injury time.
It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 18:36 - Jun 29 with 709 viewsMatch82

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 17:24 - Jun 29 by stainrods_elbow

Give me a break! So winning is all that matters, and candour and honesty count for nothing (that would be in YOUR opinion, albeit an opinion masquerading as some kind of fundamentalist footballing truth).

These would also be the same managers and players who also tell us all the time that football is nothing without the fans (even though it's now about fake noise and paid-for simulacra of fans).

Whoa, hold the hostility. You asked a question and got an answer.

And yes I would assume that to the board, his bosses, winning is what matters. It's why Mourinho is employed by many clubs.

Genuinely interested in your answer to this: would you accept QPR finishing with five less points every year if it meant that our manager was 100% truthful and gave candid and honest answers, and was as open as possible with the fans?

My answer to that question is no. It's a personal preference not some sort of universal truth. My assumption is that is the way most fans feel too, but I'm happy to be corrected and interested in whether you would take that trade off
It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 18:49 - Jun 29 with 695 viewsNorthernr

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 18:36 - Jun 29 by Match82

Whoa, hold the hostility. You asked a question and got an answer.

And yes I would assume that to the board, his bosses, winning is what matters. It's why Mourinho is employed by many clubs.

Genuinely interested in your answer to this: would you accept QPR finishing with five less points every year if it meant that our manager was 100% truthful and gave candid and honest answers, and was as open as possible with the fans?

My answer to that question is no. It's a personal preference not some sort of universal truth. My assumption is that is the way most fans feel too, but I'm happy to be corrected and interested in whether you would take that trade off

Points over interviews please.
It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 00:16 - Jun 30 with 615 viewsLoftgirl

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 17:24 - Jun 29 by stainrods_elbow

"simulacra". I've learnt another clever word. I've learnt a few off here. For me, it's the Baudrillard theory.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 0:17]
It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 01:25 - Jun 30 with 574 viewsstainrods_elbow

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 00:16 - Jun 30 by Loftgirl

"simulacra". I've learnt another clever word. I've learnt a few off here. For me, it's the Baudrillard theory.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 0:17]

Monsieur Baudrillard's chief theory (roughly, the view that reality is becoming ever more derealised by the technocracy of everyday life) is becoming less and less controversial by the hour. I swear I even saw one of the Prem goalscorers (can't remember which one) go to the fake crowd at the weekend and take up a stance that actually resembled a man accepting applause. You couldn't make it up again.

Re the question a poster asked and answered for me about whether I'd prefer Warburton being honest to fans over points on the board, it's a purely hypothetical one of course and a false dichotomy to boot - I want both! But if MW thinks he's doing the squad a favour by not calling out what's been plain to the fans over the past two games re the lack of fitness, application and passion (because footballers are snowflakes), he's making a rod for his own back in my view, and should watch a few Gordon Ramsey videos - a man of fierce passion constitutionally incapable of diluting his standards and/or not telling it as it is. Apart from politics, why is football the only industry whose workers are deemed so fragile (and customers so unworthy of respect) that we get this kind of institutional evasiveness shoved down our throats on a cliche-wrapped endless basis, and people even offering their zombiefied defences of it?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2020 1:27]

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 01:46 - Jun 30 with 563 viewsisawqpratwcity

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 01:25 - Jun 30 by stainrods_elbow

Monsieur Baudrillard's chief theory (roughly, the view that reality is becoming ever more derealised by the technocracy of everyday life) is becoming less and less controversial by the hour. I swear I even saw one of the Prem goalscorers (can't remember which one) go to the fake crowd at the weekend and take up a stance that actually resembled a man accepting applause. You couldn't make it up again.

Re the question a poster asked and answered for me about whether I'd prefer Warburton being honest to fans over points on the board, it's a purely hypothetical one of course and a false dichotomy to boot - I want both! But if MW thinks he's doing the squad a favour by not calling out what's been plain to the fans over the past two games re the lack of fitness, application and passion (because footballers are snowflakes), he's making a rod for his own back in my view, and should watch a few Gordon Ramsey videos - a man of fierce passion constitutionally incapable of diluting his standards and/or not telling it as it is. Apart from politics, why is football the only industry whose workers are deemed so fragile (and customers so unworthy of respect) that we get this kind of institutional evasiveness shoved down our throats on a cliche-wrapped endless basis, and people even offering their zombiefied defences of it?

I don't know why people pay attention to the manager's comments.

Hasselbaink's 'It is what it is" is the only completely true comment I can recall and, jeez, didn't that get people upset.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 06:05 - Jun 30 with 523 viewsMatch82

It’s all the same, only the names will change - Report on 01:25 - Jun 30 by stainrods_elbow

"Apart from politics, why is football the only industry whose workers are deemed so fragile (and customers so unworthy of respect) that we get this kind of institutional evasiveness shoved down our throats"

Not buying that. It's a boss looking after his workers, same everywhere in any field. Let's say you work for a manufacturer of something and one of your employees was late on a delivery. Someone asks you what happened, you could say "well Dave's a bit of a fck up honestly, he needs to sort himself out". Or you could, as a good boss, explain that it's one of those things it happens, you will do everything to make sure it doesn't happen again. Basically, don't be a cnt about it.

And in this case you are making this statement about a group of people that work significantly better when they are motivated, are very tight knit as a group and are on a short term contract which in a lot of cases you'd very much like them to renew. And you're making the statement to millions of people globally.

And to be fair I literally told you my opinion and asked yours. Don't see how that's "answering for you" and I'm genuinely interested in your answer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024