Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People you haven't thought of in years 15:43 - Dec 9 with 4684 viewsMrSheen

Joyce McKinney. Mad Mormon who tracked her missionary boyfriend to England, then imprisoned him in the missionary position.

Still just about going at 71. Cloned her dog in South Korea, then killed an old man in a hit-and-run last year while living in her car with three dogs in California. Currently locked up in hospital.
People you haven't thought of in years on 17:10 - Dec 9 with 2392 viewsCamberleyR

Eddy Shah.

Do you listen to the Chart Music podcast by the way Sheeners?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

People you haven't thought of in years on 17:22 - Dec 9 with 2370 viewsnix

David Owen, who had the air of a character from a Sunday ITV drama, that you would see as a businessman suavely pouring whisky from a crystal decanter but had actually murdered the person who had discovered his fraudulent commercial shenanigans. Weirdly I quite miss him and the litlle fella he was often with.

Oh and Ulrika, who always seemed cheerful whatever dire Saturday night 'entertainment special' she was fronting.
People you haven't thought of in years on 17:24 - Dec 9 with 2362 viewsqpr_1968

erica roe.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:09 - Dec 9 with 2317 viewsMrSheen

People you haven't thought of in years on 17:10 - Dec 9 by CamberleyR

Eddy Shah.

Do you listen to the Chart Music podcast by the way Sheeners?

Don’t know that one, CR. Who’s been on it?
People you haven't thought of in years on 18:13 - Dec 9 with 2306 viewsMickS

Little Nicky Horne. My mum hated him.
People you haven't thought of in years on 18:13 - Dec 9 with 2305 viewsflynnbo

Fiona Richmond. Also, Norman Scott until the recent TV drama.

Don Maclean of Crackerjack fame.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 18:30]
People you haven't thought of in years on 18:23 - Dec 9 with 2280 viewsGloucs_R

Gail Porter

Poll: Are we staying up?

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:24 - Dec 9 with 2278 viewsCiderwithRsie

People you haven't thought of in years on 17:22 - Dec 9 by nix

David Owen, who had the air of a character from a Sunday ITV drama, that you would see as a businessman suavely pouring whisky from a crystal decanter but had actually murdered the person who had discovered his fraudulent commercial shenanigans. Weirdly I quite miss him and the litlle fella he was often with.

Oh and Ulrika, who always seemed cheerful whatever dire Saturday night 'entertainment special' she was fronting.

David Owen always rather reminded me of the posh manager bloke in Crossroads.

Come to that, I nominate absolutely everyone in Crossroads
Login to get fewer ads

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:31 - Dec 9 with 2265 viewshantssi

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:23 - Dec 9 by Gloucs_R

Gail Porter

Been all over the news recently!
People you haven't thought of in years on 18:34 - Dec 9 with 2256 viewsnix

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:24 - Dec 9 by CiderwithRsie

David Owen always rather reminded me of the posh manager bloke in Crossroads.

Come to that, I nominate absolutely everyone in Crossroads

Oh God, Crossroads was soooo bad. Do you remember all the sets used to wobble and the acting was so poor it made Arnold Schwarzenegger look like De Niro? He was called David something in the show. And it was totally implausible that he would fall in love with Meg, who's the only person I know who has ever made the wh sound into two syllables.
People you haven't thought of in years on 18:39 - Dec 9 with 2244 viewsGloucs_R

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:31 - Dec 9 by hantssi

Been all over the news recently!

Really???

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:51 - Dec 9 with 2228 viewshantssi

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:39 - Dec 9 by Gloucs_R

Really???

I believe it was something to do with her mental health.
I’ve just looked it up on the BBC it was earlier this year so not that recent really!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-51054027
People you haven't thought of in years on 18:54 - Dec 9 with 2214 viewsGloucs_R

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:51 - Dec 9 by hantssi

I believe it was something to do with her mental health.
I’ve just looked it up on the BBC it was earlier this year so not that recent really!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-51054027

Quick Google and she is indeed in the press fairly often.

Ok. How about Abi Titmuss then. Careful when you Google her 😆

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:56 - Dec 9 with 2207 viewsDiscodroids

Jack Hargreaves on 'Out of town' Pissing about with edwardian briar pipes and victorian beekeeping helemets, while i waited for shaw taylor.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:57 - Dec 9 with 2204 viewsMickS

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:34 - Dec 9 by nix

Oh God, Crossroads was soooo bad. Do you remember all the sets used to wobble and the acting was so poor it made Arnold Schwarzenegger look like De Niro? He was called David something in the show. And it was totally implausible that he would fall in love with Meg, who's the only person I know who has ever made the wh sound into two syllables.

David Hunter, nix. Remember Sandor Eles who played Mr Paul the suave restaurant manager? If you say no I won’t be offended.
People you haven't thought of in years on 19:00 - Dec 9 with 2200 viewsCamberleyR

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:09 - Dec 9 by MrSheen

Don’t know that one, CR. Who’s been on it?

It's a podcast where ex Melody Maker writers discuss a random episode of Top of the Pops. The latest edition discussed a TOTP from May 1978 and in the preamble they talk about some events that were in the news when the episode was broadcast and they just so happened to mention Joyce McKinney. This is why I thought you might have started this thread.

It's a good listen actually, I'd recommend it.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

People you haven't thought of in years on 19:00 - Dec 9 with 2200 viewsMickS

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:56 - Dec 9 by Discodroids

Jack Hargreaves on 'Out of town' Pissing about with edwardian briar pipes and victorian beekeeping helemets, while i waited for shaw taylor.

My mate was popping round when ST was out keeping us safe. Keep ‘em peeled.
People you haven't thought of in years on 19:21 - Dec 9 with 2150 views2Thomas2Bowles

shaw taylor To see if you were on police5?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

People you haven't thought of in years on 19:30 - Dec 9 with 2128 viewsnix

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:57 - Dec 9 by MickS

David Hunter, nix. Remember Sandor Eles who played Mr Paul the suave restaurant manager? If you say no I won’t be offended.

No I didn't Mick but just looked him up, Was he a bit of a rogue? I do remember Benny and his beanie, Miss Diane, Sandy and Amy Turtle, who had a voice like scratching your nails down a blackboard.
People you haven't thought of in years on 19:31 - Dec 9 with 2126 viewsSuperhoop83

I did the same back in the days when we had 3 channels.

How shite was TV on Sundays back then? Weekend World. Around Britain. Credo. Highway.

There were also public information films showing children drowning in quicksand or falling into machinery.

And The Singing Ringing Tree.

Suffering since 1978.

People you haven't thought of in years on 19:54 - Dec 9 with 2102 viewsCiderwithRsie

People you haven't thought of in years on 18:34 - Dec 9 by nix

It was shocking, Nix but one of my old nan's favourites (along with the wrestling, of course, like everyone else's nan) and I used to absorb them when up in her granny flat, which I was all the time as a kid as she was lovely.

She's been dead 36 years this Christmas and tbh I don't think of her as often as I should so at least this thread has done that.
People you haven't thought of in years on 20:00 - Dec 9 with 2084 viewsMickS

Andre Rieu is back everyone.
People you haven't thought of in years on 20:08 - Dec 9 with 2067 viewsEsox_Lucius

Owen Hargreaves.

The grass is always greener.

People you haven't thought of in years on 20:24 - Dec 9 with 2041 viewsnix

People you haven't thought of in years on 19:54 - Dec 9 by CiderwithRsie

It was shocking, Nix but one of my old nan's favourites (along with the wrestling, of course, like everyone else's nan) and I used to absorb them when up in her granny flat, which I was all the time as a kid as she was lovely.

She's been dead 36 years this Christmas and tbh I don't think of her as often as I should so at least this thread has done that.

Yes my nan definitely liked the wrestling Cider, Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy being big favourites. We also had to check the football pools every week with final score and had our tea there with big slabs of bread and about half a pound of butter on each slice.
People you haven't thought of in years on 20:37 - Dec 9 with 2030 viewsCiderwithRsie

People you haven't thought of in years on 20:24 - Dec 9 by nix

Yes my nan definitely liked the wrestling Cider, Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy being big favourites. We also had to check the football pools every week with final score and had our tea there with big slabs of bread and about half a pound of butter on each slice.

There's definitely some interesting psychology in the fact that little old ladies all loved wrestling, especially the "villains".

The only other sport I can remember my nan being enthusiastic about was her saying "I like that Billy Bremner. He always starts a fight" which didn't stop her laughing her head off when Sunderland won the FA Cup.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024