Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! 08:41 - Sep 6 with 2215 viewsnumptydumpty

Think we all know the stupidity of changing managers every season just doesn't work.

In last 30 years, can only recall Ian Holloway and Gerry Francis having a few seasons in charge.

Warburton is a very good fit for our club.

His style of football is in line with what we wish our club to be. He clearly knows the right sort for team togetherness and morale, he has had success elsewhere and is constantly looking at ways of improving.

He understands the modern game and is a great advocate of new information ie aware of when to protect players ie we have had fewer injuries under his tenure.

He clearly works incredibly hard and understands the need to develop players, buy up and coming players with the older heads being encouraging also.

ALL WELL AND GOOD

So all am saying is give him the job until he wants to leave.

We may well have the odd bad season if we finish 5th this season, 6th the next and then 16th, keep hold of him

Clearly its not on the same level but Ferguson at United, first four seasons were very average, Arsenal were consistently in top four under Wenger, now look at them.

He is the right sort.

Chopping and changing - means sections of players are bought under two, three, four different managers and therefore the squad is disjointed ie they all bought for different type of teams - so obviously that takes time to get right if new gaffer comes in.

Cant see Warburton being offered a prem job and given his age and work ethic could be here for seven years or maybe longer.

If that happened think that be great for our club.

We will have bad runs, even bad seasons perhaps, but think we got a man who is the right fit, so why change.

Just wondered if others agree !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 08:59 - Sep 6 with 2163 viewsLoftgirl

Absolutely agree. Not just Warbs though, the whole set-up feels right. Even Tone has put a sock in it.
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 09:34 - Sep 6 with 2097 viewsozexile

I'm sure he would like to coach in the premier league, hopefully with us.
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 09:52 - Sep 6 with 2062 viewsgazza1

A manager always has a lifespan......look at Wenger......MW is doing an excellent job atm and I think he will be here for a good while yet. Since he has been here I have enjoyed matches far more than previous years even when we were not doing too well.
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 11:38 - Sep 6 with 1976 viewsTheChef

Bleeding. Obvious.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 12:04 - Sep 6 with 1938 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I do agree that sticking with the right manager during difficult times is best. However other than Neil Warnock and possibly Ian Holloway I think that the club were correct to dispense with the services of all our other recent managers at the time they did. Hopefully we’ve learned our lessons and will be much better at recruiting a replacement for Mark Warburton, when he does eventually leave. Not for a long time I hope!
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 12:05]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 13:07 - Sep 6 with 1866 viewsMistication92

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 08:59 - Sep 6 by Loftgirl

Absolutely agree. Not just Warbs though, the whole set-up feels right. Even Tone has put a sock in it.

Yeah I think the system is important. Keeping the wages low and selling high, so that we're never required to cut down as much as we had to do 2015-2019.

There might be a boring 13th place finish here and there, but hopefully pushing for the playoffs most seasons.
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 13:24 - Sep 6 with 1818 viewsHanwellHoopster

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 09:52 - Sep 6 by gazza1

A manager always has a lifespan......look at Wenger......MW is doing an excellent job atm and I think he will be here for a good while yet. Since he has been here I have enjoyed matches far more than previous years even when we were not doing too well.

Yes, Wenger is a brilliant example. Arsenal have gone from strength to strength since they moved him on.
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 13:31 - Sep 6 with 1800 viewsbosh67

Glad the board kept the faith when results weren't going for us and stuck by Mark. He is the perfect longterm fit for this club. He will always make mistakes and we will always moan but the guy knows business, finances, coaching and plays the style of football we like to watch. It's been ages since we have had a genuinely attack minded style of play. Warnock surprised us with his attacking approach but Warburton sets out to win most games on the front foot. It reminds me when I was a kid watching Jago's side and some of Doherty's as well. We definitely need to keep Mark and his staff together because we are starting to look like serious contenders again and in the right way.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 13:44 - Sep 6 with 1771 viewsgazza1

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 13:24 - Sep 6 by HanwellHoopster

Yes, Wenger is a brilliant example. Arsenal have gone from strength to strength since they moved him on.

So, would you have kept Wenger?? The Club suffered a couple of years, because of Wenger, when he left and this season has not started well.
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 14:09 - Sep 6 with 1742 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 13:44 - Sep 6 by gazza1

So, would you have kept Wenger?? The Club suffered a couple of years, because of Wenger, when he left and this season has not started well.

Blimey - to blame a manager for results 2 years after he left is pretty harsh in my view!
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 14:30 - Sep 6 with 1704 viewsTheChef

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 14:09 - Sep 6 by PinnerPaul

Blimey - to blame a manager for results 2 years after he left is pretty harsh in my view!

WENGER OUT!!

Oh.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 15:04 - Sep 6 with 1656 viewsgazza1

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 14:09 - Sep 6 by PinnerPaul

Wenger ran the Club from top to bottom......been told that by a referee actually, wouldn't name him here but he was a 1st Division referee back in the day!! It is going to take an age to get things right again......just look at the Rangers - we needed sorting from inside out everywhere. We just about coming out the other side now, thankfully.
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 15:18 - Sep 6 with 1624 viewsDavieQPR

Whilst I agree MW is at the moment the perfect fit nobody should be given contracts of 5 years or more. It psychologically takes away any incentive and can lead to a relaxed state.
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 15:37 - Sep 6 with 1601 viewscolinallcars

Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 12:04 - Sep 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

I do agree that sticking with the right manager during difficult times is best. However other than Neil Warnock and possibly Ian Holloway I think that the club were correct to dispense with the services of all our other recent managers at the time they did. Hopefully we’ve learned our lessons and will be much better at recruiting a replacement for Mark Warburton, when he does eventually leave. Not for a long time I hope!
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 12:05]

I would add Alec Stock - that was a disgrace. I remember once he said to me, “Son”, (He always called me son), “ You never know what you've got 'til you lose it”
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 16:00 - Sep 6 with 1567 viewsdmm

Like all of us, I certainly agree with the OP. However, it will be interesting to see what happens if we don't gain promotion this season. If that's were so we'd all expect a few players to leave, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Warburton could be tempted to go elsewhere too if the opportunity to manage at a higher level presented itself. If that happened, the club could do a lot worse than look at John Eustace as the new manager.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 16:01]
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 22:29 - Sep 6 with 1382 viewsNewBee

You don't know whether MW would actually want a long contract, contradictory as that seems.

It's only managers who are insecure in their post who want (need, actually) the comfort of a long contract, with associated protection.

Obviously that doesn't apply to MW - quite the contrary, in fact. More pertinent is that he is ambitious - fair enough - and so would not want to be tied down to a contract whose compensation payment due might put off any suitors at a bigger club.

And even more pertinent is that today is his 59th birthday(!), meaning that if he is to manage top players at the top level, he has to be open to offers before it gets too late.

Meaning that for all he looks to be enjoying himself at QPR, my guess is that he'd be off like a shot at the first half-decent offer from a half-decent PL club, especially if they had a bit of money to spend.

Alternatively, if he were to get QPR promoted before then, that would only make him even more marketable, thus bringing him to the attention of clubs better than half-decent.

Enjoy him while you can.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 22:30]
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 03:11 - Sep 7 with 1253 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Mark turned 59 yesterday.

I hope Warburton (59), Ramsey (59) and Hoos (he mentioned his age on a recent update - I think he's 56) stay with us for a long time. However we have to acknowledge they are getting a bit older so I hope we have succession plans in place for them as we want this improvement to continue for a long time yet

U R's
Warburton - Long term Manager even if the odd bad season !!! on 06:56 - Sep 7 with 1178 viewshoops_legend

Football is ridiculous and some fans seem to think everytime we lose we should change the manager... Its clear that football fans think their club should be top of the league wherever they go :)

Warnock dared get us promoted for the first time in God knows how many years and get sacked within months for it despite still being outside the relegation zone. Let's be honest there were calls from our fans for that!!

When you find a good one and one who wants to stay and plays good football and competes we should stick with them

Personally I would like to stick with warbs, we are probably a mid table championship club so anything above that is amazing and should be treated as a bonus. If we get promoted give him both that season and the next even if we get relegated as a minimum as he will have exceeded all our expectations
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 6:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024