Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grenfell Tower fire 06:51 - Jun 14 with 3416 viewsEsox_Lucius

Five years ago today and still waiting for Justice. RIP to those who lost their lives.

The grass is always greener.

Grenfell Tower fire on 10:24 - Jun 14 with 3250 viewsloftboy

Five years!
RIP

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Grenfell Tower fire on 10:30 - Jun 14 with 3239 viewsstowmarketrange

And people are still living in dangerous tower blocks.So 72 people died for nothing.
Grenfell Tower fire on 10:31 - Jun 14 with 3238 viewsterryb

I can't believe that it is as long ago as 5 years.

I caught the end of a documentary on Chanel 4 last night that was showing excerts from the inquiry.

Incredible & scandulous.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 15:11]
Grenfell Tower fire on 10:58 - Jun 14 with 3208 viewsMaggsinho

Five year on and the inquiry is still going, no one from the cladding company has been held to account, thousands of other buildings still clad in it and people are stuck living in them unable to sell them.
Grenfell Tower fire on 11:17 - Jun 14 with 3173 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Grenfell Tower fire on 10:58 - Jun 14 by Maggsinho

Five year on and the inquiry is still going, no one from the cladding company has been held to account, thousands of other buildings still clad in it and people are stuck living in them unable to sell them.

Not only that, but I read something that said residents in some of these places are paying for ‘security guards’ to keep an eye out for fires!

Nothing significant will come of the PI if it’s dragging on this long. The clear recommendation and response should mirror that which applied to asbestos: removal! I also think more needs to be done to hold to account, those MPs who voted down legislation aimed at removing dangerous cladding due to their vested interests…as I say, nothing significant will come of this.

Hard to get the TV images out of your mind; reminding us of what horrors people were going through in their final moments. RIP indeed.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Grenfell Tower fire on 11:26 - Jun 14 with 3154 viewsstowmarketrange

Grenfell Tower fire on 11:17 - Jun 14 by PlanetHonneywood

Not only that, but I read something that said residents in some of these places are paying for ‘security guards’ to keep an eye out for fires!

Nothing significant will come of the PI if it’s dragging on this long. The clear recommendation and response should mirror that which applied to asbestos: removal! I also think more needs to be done to hold to account, those MPs who voted down legislation aimed at removing dangerous cladding due to their vested interests…as I say, nothing significant will come of this.

Hard to get the TV images out of your mind; reminding us of what horrors people were going through in their final moments. RIP indeed.

If the cladding was used on an MP’s flat,you can bet that it would’ve been removed by now.
Grenfell Tower fire on 11:45 - Jun 14 with 3112 viewsDannytheR

If anyone is in the area later on and wants to pay their respects, another silent walk is being held to remember the victims at 6.30. Starts at the Methodist church on the corner of Lancaster Road and Silchester Road.
Grenfell Tower fire on 11:53 - Jun 14 with 3098 viewsDannyPaddox

I went to a play last week about Grenfell. Dictating To The Estate. Based on direct quotes from minutes and meetings between RBKC officials, TMO (the so called tenant management organisation), the contracting companies involved, and Edward Daffarn who set up the Greenfell Action Group years before the fire. Daffarn was constantly ignored and when not being ignored was intimidated in his attempts to highlight the criminal situation in the Tower. Meanwhile a bevy of organisations and companies cut corners in a culture of cost-cutting amd negligence. Just shocking. Sickening.

Big Society Dave made a brief cameo too …

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-16424844
Login to get fewer ads

Grenfell Tower fire on 15:28 - Jun 14 with 2911 viewsBoston

Five years ago, the half dozen or so posters involved in construction outlined the depth, length of time any investigation of this magnitude would take. The overlapping layers of responsibility and liability are never ending.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Grenfell Tower fire on 15:52 - Jun 14 with 2867 viewsParkRoyalR

Grenfell Tower fire on 11:26 - Jun 14 by stowmarketrange

If the cladding was used on an MP’s flat,you can bet that it would’ve been removed by now.

In fairness to our fellow R, Michael Gove, (and i disagree with him on a fair few of his policies) credit where it is due, he seemed to do more in 5 weeks than the previous Ministers did in 5 years.

I could be wrong but think he brought all the housing developers to heel (bar maybe Galliard) with the threat of a windfall tax and they have now accepted they will underwrite the costs to rectify.

Like him or not, he does seem to be the go to man in this circus of a government to get things sorted.
Grenfell Tower fire on 16:05 - Jun 14 with 2865 viewsmarky67

i was in shephards bush today and by belushi`s pub is a giant electronic bill board that read

five years
72 lives
where`s the justice.
Grenfell Tower fire on 16:55 - Jun 14 with 2813 viewskensalriser

Grenfell Tower fire on 11:53 - Jun 14 by DannyPaddox

I went to a play last week about Grenfell. Dictating To The Estate. Based on direct quotes from minutes and meetings between RBKC officials, TMO (the so called tenant management organisation), the contracting companies involved, and Edward Daffarn who set up the Greenfell Action Group years before the fire. Daffarn was constantly ignored and when not being ignored was intimidated in his attempts to highlight the criminal situation in the Tower. Meanwhile a bevy of organisations and companies cut corners in a culture of cost-cutting amd negligence. Just shocking. Sickening.

Big Society Dave made a brief cameo too …

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-16424844

What was really truly, disgustingly repellent that in the first post Grenfell council elections over 50% of voters decided that their homicidally corrupt, incompetent council was doing a great job and voted them back in.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Grenfell Tower fire on 07:47 - Jun 15 with 2614 viewsPaddyhoops

Grenfell Tower fire on 16:55 - Jun 14 by kensalriser

What was really truly, disgustingly repellent that in the first post Grenfell council elections over 50% of voters decided that their homicidally corrupt, incompetent council was doing a great job and voted them back in.

There won't be any justice for these poor souls.
Second class citizens in the eyes of the authorities probably due to Thier ethnicity.
As for the elections. The likelyhood is that the turnout was pretty low which is hardly a surprise as the people who need and could get some change as result of a political change just don't trust any politician which is understandable.
Grenfell Tower fire on 13:16 - Jun 15 with 2507 viewsplasmahoop

I'm not sure about the ethnicity of the victims had a lot to do with it. The council spent a lot of money on it, but fundamentally there was an absolutely crap fire safety officer that signed off on wrapping the building in flammable cladding, and an escape plan that involved staying in your flat
Grenfell Tower fire on 18:08 - Jun 15 with 2411 viewsBoston

Grenfell Tower fire on 13:16 - Jun 15 by plasmahoop

I'm not sure about the ethnicity of the victims had a lot to do with it. The council spent a lot of money on it, but fundamentally there was an absolutely crap fire safety officer that signed off on wrapping the building in flammable cladding, and an escape plan that involved staying in your flat

Was the product not signed off by Universal Laboratory or have a GS Stamp?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 18:09]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Grenfell Tower fire on 21:24 - Jul 29 with 1919 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Council liable for 5 of the deaths.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62354354
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 21:26]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024