Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren farm in doubt? 11:07 - Jun 6 with 1987 viewsHayesender

Residents prepared to go to the high court to stop it apparently.

Cnts

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Warren farm in doubt? on 11:07 - Jun 6 with 1501 viewsYorkRanger

Beat you by 1 minute
Warren farm in doubt? on 11:19 - Jun 6 with 1446 viewsHayesender

Warren farm in doubt? on 11:25 - Jun 6 with 1427 viewsimustbemad

You would hope this is just part of the nomal process. Objections are always raised to planning of this nature. If the club have followed correct process/procedure then it shouldn't be a problem <gulp>
Warren farm in doubt? on 11:33 - Jun 6 with 1394 viewsRANGERS4EVER

as we are QPR im sure we will get fined for some reason

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Warren farm in doubt? on 12:17 - Jun 6 with 1278 viewsNorthernr

Ahhh takes me back to my days on the local papers. There's always some NIMBY pillock who objects to absolutely any hint of any change whatsoever in their local area, and quite often they find some legal loophole to hold the whole thing up. That's all it will do. You'll get a load of residents talking about how they like to walk their dogs there and fear being besieged by camera crews at all hours of the day and night.

Funnily enough the same residents will be up in arms when the local chavs burn down the dilapidated changing rooms, saying the site has suffered from chronic under investment.

And if the council did say "ok then, we'll stick £25m into the site ourselves" then the residents association will moan about their council tax going up.

Essentially, some cnts just like moaning.

What you have here is an almost derelict site that is almost certainly unsafe in parts and an accident/arson attack waiting to happen. You've got a private company that is willing to not only stick £25m into developing it, but develop it as a sport facility rather than just slapping a load more houses or a supermarket on it, and not only that but include a whole range of community facilities into the bargain as well. It's a better solution than any I ever saw for sites like this when I was covering planning meetings. Perhaps they'd prefer it if they just concreted over the whole thing and slapped a Tesco and a Sports Direct up, then the only sport would be the local idiot section pulling doughnuts in their customised Corsas until 3 in the morning.
Warren farm in doubt? on 12:22 - Jun 6 with 1234 viewsTW_R

Warren farm in doubt? on 12:17 - Jun 6 by Northernr

Ahhh takes me back to my days on the local papers. There's always some NIMBY pillock who objects to absolutely any hint of any change whatsoever in their local area, and quite often they find some legal loophole to hold the whole thing up. That's all it will do. You'll get a load of residents talking about how they like to walk their dogs there and fear being besieged by camera crews at all hours of the day and night.

Funnily enough the same residents will be up in arms when the local chavs burn down the dilapidated changing rooms, saying the site has suffered from chronic under investment.

And if the council did say "ok then, we'll stick £25m into the site ourselves" then the residents association will moan about their council tax going up.

What you have here is an almost derelict site that is almost certainly unsafe in parts and an accident/arson attack waiting to happen. You've got a private company that is willing to not only stick £25m into developing it, but develop it as a sport facility rather than just slapping a load more houses or a supermarket on it, and not only that but include a whole range of community facilities into the bargain as well. It's a better solution than any I ever saw for sites like this when I was covering planning meetings. Perhaps they'd prefer it if they just concreted over the whole thing and slapped a Tesco and a Sports Direct up, then the only sport would be the local idiot section pulling doughnuts in their customised Corsas until 3 in the morning.

"Essentially, some cnts just like moaning."

Lol - Are you suggesting that a number of posters on here live in the Warren Farm area of West London?
Warren farm in doubt? on 12:27 - Jun 6 with 1200 viewsspencer

Er..sort of relevant..about moaning b.stards.
My local club , Folkestone Invicta, situated on main road - next to Morrisons,now a new sports centre built just behind by local entrepreneur trying to help community etc... has a bar called Stripes Club...which host parties etc...off road away from most residents, so I think you are getting picture...One resident who leaves away from ground, came over to see the guy at weekend and complained for the zillionth time about noise,was told...we were shut Saturday !!

Our local pub - the guy who moved in next door, constantly complains about noise levels coming out of pub....Now..i assure you it was not nicknamed the "snailbox" for nothing.

People just moan all the bloody time ..and getting back to main point, i'm pretty sure that this was looked into and expected !!
Warren farm in doubt? on 12:33 - Jun 6 with 1175 viewsTW_R

Warren farm in doubt? on 12:27 - Jun 6 by spencer

Er..sort of relevant..about moaning b.stards.
My local club , Folkestone Invicta, situated on main road - next to Morrisons,now a new sports centre built just behind by local entrepreneur trying to help community etc... has a bar called Stripes Club...which host parties etc...off road away from most residents, so I think you are getting picture...One resident who leaves away from ground, came over to see the guy at weekend and complained for the zillionth time about noise,was told...we were shut Saturday !!

Our local pub - the guy who moved in next door, constantly complains about noise levels coming out of pub....Now..i assure you it was not nicknamed the "snailbox" for nothing.

People just moan all the bloody time ..and getting back to main point, i'm pretty sure that this was looked into and expected !!

"Our local pub - the guy who moved in next door, constantly complains about noise levels coming out of pub...."

Now this really p*sses me off. Who the f*ck moves in next door to a pub and then complains about the noise? If you don't want noise, don't live next to a pub. Some people are just f*cking mental!
Login to get fewer ads

Warren farm in doubt? on 12:37 - Jun 6 with 1142 viewsJuzzie

That's probably what the locals want... Tesco, Chicken Shack, JJB Sports (always need me white trainers & jogging bottoms) and somewhere to show off their pimped up Citroen Saxo's.

When it was decided to put up a new block of flats right opposite where I live I went along to the Council meeting. I wasn't one of those nimby's but I did raise an objection becuase they had lied/changed their mind (I'll go for lied) about quite an important aspect of it. Basically, one of the reasons the building was allowed was because it was going to be a car-free property. No parking spaces allowed to keep down the high number of cars already in the vicinity. They said this, no one else asked for it.
People who buy will have to understand that they can only use public transport and won't be considered for any of the parking spaces in local streets either as they are already almost full.

What happened? They built an underground car park. So, they basically lied.
What also annoyed me is that the developer had 30 minutes to present their case and the council panel listened intently. Anyone else had 5 minutes. Just one person, me!, said anything and the panel took no notice and talked amongst themselves. Very rude and unprofessional.

So, I'm 100% confident any objections from residents about Warren Farm will just go through a formality process and then get discarded.

Warren farm in doubt? on 12:46 - Jun 6 with 1101 viewsLblock

Hold the horses there.....

I'm currently objecting to a Planning Application near my house.
Ive extended mine and would encourage anyone and everyone in my area to do their houses up, stick a loft in, extend the kitchen or do a basement. All as long as decent jobs and "in keeping".

My objection is to a change of use which will turn a currently little used building into a venue with D2 licence and capacity for 500 people. The site currently owned by a Middle Eastern community so go figure (no minerets on plans as yet).

If that makes me a NIMBY then so be it.

I totally understand the concerns of neighbours to Warren Farm and they are well within their rights to have their fears allayed. In WF's particular case though I agree having the site developed for a use it currently has to be the ideal scenario but there will be a few who may have rights to light issues etc

The devolution of Planning is a disgrace and will blot many an area -- believe me that comes from a builder so I'm not biased!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren farm in doubt? on 12:55 - Jun 6 with 1074 viewsToast_R

As someone who's worked in local government for years in various roles, I can confirm that this is all true.

The worst kind are the poxy resident associations sticking this ore into anything that does not suit their already wealthy but essential bored lifestyle.

Mainly the retired rich or bored housewives are the biggest culprits. You get the odd few yuppies who have lived in mummy and daddies pocket all their life they get themselves in all kinds of debt not because they can't afford it but because they believe it's actually beneath them to pay or take the time to get their sh't in order in the first place.

They are actually so ignorant it beggars belief. But it's this type of bastard that will get things done their way eventually because they contact the right people at the top wholike them are a complete ignorant waste of space.

Running the bloody country they are too.

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:01 - Jun 6 with 1050 viewsA40Bosh

Some of the Nimbies at least find other like minded moaners and form an organisation so that they can gather once a quarter and whinge amonst themselves. But they also use the meetings to scheme and to report any planning applications in the local area and decide how best to protest against them. They call themselves Residents Associations.

Our own local one here The SRRA, the South Ruislip Residents Association - or as I like to call them the South Ruislip Retired Agitators - would have had a field day if QPR had bought somewhere local like the GAA Club or other sports ground. They protest about anything and everything. We were having some local park problems with teenagers a few year back so I popped in to one of their AGM meetings the once and left after about 10mins. Nobody under the age of 75 and more interested in running through local planning applications to ensure that they had submitted comments and complaints.

"Arh, proposed double story side extension in The Fairway submitted by a Mr Singh. Bloody cheek. Probably looking to bring more of the ruddy family over from India to live with 'em I'd say. Tut, Tut. Probably then go and give the job to those Indian chaps who we spotted working on West Mead last year. Really not on. I propose we protest that the development would create a terracing effect in that section of The Fairway, and furthermore, didn't Maude say that she once spotted a lesser spotted butterfly thingy in that section of the street, well that will need protecting from potential construction pollutants. All those in favour of a formal complaint on behalf of the SRRA, raise you hands."

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:14 - Jun 6 with 992 viewsSonofNorfolt

Funnier than all this is the fact that there aren't really any residents, well none that it would make any difference too.
I played football there for years and Rangers couldn't have picked a more remote site.
Warren farm in doubt? on 13:18 - Jun 6 with 978 viewsBillionR

Warren farm in doubt? on 12:46 - Jun 6 by Lblock

Ive extended mine and would encourage anyone and everyone in my area to do their houses up, stick a loft in, extend the kitchen or do a basement. All as long as decent jobs and "in keeping".

My objection is to a change of use which will turn a currently little used building into a venue with D2 licence and capacity for 500 people. The site currently owned by a Middle Eastern community so go figure (no minerets on plans as yet).

I totally understand the concerns of neighbours to Warren Farm and they are well within their rights to have their fears allayed. In WF's particular case though I agree having the site developed for a use it currently has to be the ideal scenario but there will be a few who may have rights to light issues etc

The devolution of Planning is a disgrace and will blot many an area -- believe me that comes from a builder so I'm not biased!!!

Lblock - FYI - I believe a Mosque would come under D1 - place of worship. Not sure if that's a good thing or not!

D1 Non-residential institutions - Clinics, health centres, crèches, day nurseries, day centres, schools, art galleries (other than for sale or hire), museums, libraries, halls, places of worship, church halls, law court. Non residential education and training centres.
D2 Assembly and leisure - Cinemas, music and concert halls, bingo and dance halls (but not night clubs), swimming baths, skating rinks, gymnasiums or area for indoor or outdoor sports and recreations (except for motor sports, or where firearms are used).
Warren farm in doubt? on 13:23 - Jun 6 with 948 viewslondonscottish

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:14 - Jun 6 by SonofNorfolt

Funnier than all this is the fact that there aren't really any residents, well none that it would make any difference too.
I played football there for years and Rangers couldn't have picked a more remote site.

I see what you mean - just Google Map'd it - must be remotest spot in London. Surrounded by f*ck. Maybe the people complaining are people driving past on the M4 or something.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:26 - Jun 6 with 931 viewsTW_R

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:23 - Jun 6 by londonscottish

I see what you mean - just Google Map'd it - must be remotest spot in London. Surrounded by f*ck. Maybe the people complaining are people driving past on the M4 or something.

It's true. Looks like the ideal place for a football stadium.
Warren farm in doubt? on 13:27 - Jun 6 with 931 viewsQPR_Jim

Warren farm in doubt? on 12:46 - Jun 6 by Lblock

You have to treat these things on a case by case basis so I can't really comment on your situation but I completely agree with your last sentence. This idea that it will somehow boost the economy is a stretch, I think it's more likely to make us look like a second rate country.
Warren farm in doubt? on 13:29 - Jun 6 with 922 viewsN12Hoop

I remember studying a case years ago where a resident was complaining about cricket balls landing in his garden/coming through windows. The thing was the cricket club had been there for more years than he had and so it wasn't exactly a shock. Can't remember what happened though.

The other one that keeps coming up is people in the Heathrow take-off/landing path complaining about aircraft noise. It seems that they are ok being bombarded 8 or 9 hours day every day, but when there is talk about adding a few more planes they say it will damage their quality of life. Personally if I had 300 planes or so flying within spitting distance every day, I'm not sure another few are going to make much difference to my 'quality' of life.

Anyway, back to the OP having seen Spurs' new training ground, I'd rather have that on my doorstep than a massive run down field that attracts hundreds of people at the weekends.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:32 - Jun 6 with 905 viewsTheBlob

Could be a wind farm.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:48 - Jun 6 with 865 viewsLambourn

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:32 - Jun 6 by TheBlob

Could be a wind farm.....

The main residence is the sultan of brunei opposite but he is believed to have stayed once in the last decade. But if he has some sort of influence. We could be f uckef
Warren farm in doubt? on 13:52 - Jun 6 with 841 viewsHayesender

Maybe the Sultan of Brunei himself has objected.

He's the only fecker that lives around there

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:52 - Jun 6 with 835 viewsTheBlob

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:48 - Jun 6 by Lambourn

The main residence is the sultan of brunei opposite but he is believed to have stayed once in the last decade. But if he has some sort of influence. We could be f uckef

Thought his pre fab was in Regent's Park?
The Sultan's a car nut - maybe wants another garage like....

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:53 - Jun 6 with 831 viewsHayesender

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:48 - Jun 6 by Lambourn

You beat me to it

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:56 - Jun 6 with 824 viewsTW_R

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:52 - Jun 6 by TheBlob

Thought his pre fab was in Regent's Park?
The Sultan's a car nut - maybe wants another garage like....

You would have thought as a car nut he would have a much wider selection of cars!
Warren farm in doubt? on 14:05 - Jun 6 with 794 viewsTheBlob

Warren farm in doubt? on 13:56 - Jun 6 by TW_R

You would have thought as a car nut he would have a much wider selection of cars!

Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhh.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024