Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky sports 23:37 - Jun 19 with 1504 viewsGuppy22

Watching both the bbc and itv coverage of the World Cup makes you realise how good sky's coverage football actually is and how piss poor terrestrial tv is
Sky sports on 01:49 - Jun 20 with 1444 viewsYugohoop

I have to agree. There's been very little insight into the actual teams in any of the live games other than Brazil and Italy. I understand it's English TV but FFS how much coverage from the England camp does there have to be? I for one would like to be informed about the two teams I'm about to watch instead of being asked to participate in some stupid poll about Rooney and where he should play.
Sky sports on 10:40 - Jun 20 with 1179 viewsstowmarketrange

I was lucky enough to be working last night,so only had the radio to listen to.Unfortunately on 5live they had Alan Green doing the commentary,so I had to listen to Talkshite instead.
How can that fat buffoon keep covering England games when he aint even English?
How is the muppet still employed by the BBC at all?
Sky sports on 10:47 - Jun 20 with 1161 viewsdaveB

Sky Sports is a dedicated sports channel though so they spend all their money on the best pundits and know the audience are football fans so can pitch it right, they usually get 1 million viewers for game.

For BBC and ITV they are getting audiences of 15- 20 million so the vast majority are not football fans and don't want to hear the kind of insights you get on Sky Sports so it's pitched very differently. Football fans will always prefer the Sky coverage as it's made for us, football on BBC and ITV isn't.

As good as Sky are though I think the coverage on both channels has been pretty good so far.
Sky sports on 12:09 - Jun 20 with 1064 viewsbaz_qpr

Agree with Dave B on this I think the coverage has been to form, the BBC better because it does not have Ads or Adrian Childs, commentary has been fine and the pictures are produced by the host nation
Sky sports on 12:18 - Jun 20 with 1046 viewsdanehoop

Sky sports on 12:09 - Jun 20 by baz_qpr

Agree with Dave B on this I think the coverage has been to form, the BBC better because it does not have Ads or Adrian Childs, commentary has been fine and the pictures are produced by the host nation

I enjoyed the BBC coverage to be honest. The Sky stuff I always found over the top and gimmicky and the pundits questionable. BBC offer a very decent product for the price paid through the license fee IMHO. The ITV coverage by comparison was pretty woeful.

Never knowingly understood

Sky sports on 12:19 - Jun 20 with 1045 viewsElHoop

I could put up with ITV if my remote had a Townsend mute button.
Sky sports on 12:26 - Jun 20 with 1020 viewseastside_r

Sky sports on 12:18 - Jun 20 by danehoop

I enjoyed the BBC coverage to be honest. The Sky stuff I always found over the top and gimmicky and the pundits questionable. BBC offer a very decent product for the price paid through the license fee IMHO. The ITV coverage by comparison was pretty woeful.

This.

Freed from the rigid format of MOTD, I think the boy Lineker is having a blinder.
Sky sports on 12:41 - Jun 20 with 978 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Did dip into Eurosports coverage around the first few games due to the JB connection.

Carried on even though JB is now home, as some of the pieces they carried on the other teams and events around the games are both entertaining and informative. The World Cup is so much more than the very narrow view on ITV and BBC

As far as the games are concerned have started watching ITV with the mute on and whatever radio commentary is available.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky sports on 12:41 - Jun 20 with 978 viewsWeaverQPR

Elton Welsby thats who we need

@WeavQPR

Sky sports on 12:47 - Jun 20 with 969 viewsMonahoop

You think ITV are bad, try watching RTE's efforts. Laborious disinterested commentary and a pundit panel who's ages add up to 1,000 years! Though I quite like old pundit master, gentleman Bill Herlihy.

Generally I turn on the games I've watched so far at kick off then turn off or change channel or do something more constructive with my life as soon as the final whistle blows. Punditry really is a waste of time and most pundits are opinionated and talk codswallop.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Sky sports on 12:53 - Jun 20 with 945 viewsStanisgod

Sky sports on 12:41 - Jun 20 by WeaverQPR

Elton Welsby thats who we need

David Coleman or Kenneth Wolstenholme They think it's all over, it is now !

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Sky sports on 12:54 - Jun 20 with 940 viewskysersosaqpr

Don't start me on SBS oz tv again!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Sky sports on 13:05 - Jun 20 with 920 viewsJamie

Sky sports on 12:18 - Jun 20 by danehoop

Agree on BBC, Thierry Henry is pure class in the studio and it was very interesting the other day to listen to him & Shearer disagreeing on the way a striker was playing.

ITV is pure carcrash TV. If you manage to survive the pregame with Chiles talking nonsense to guests who can barely understand him and can't put their points across, you then have Townsend's unique brand of stating the bleeding obvious intertwined with 'gwan my son'
Sky sports on 13:08 - Jun 20 with 911 viewstoboboly

Sky sports on 10:40 - Jun 20 by stowmarketrange

I was lucky enough to be working last night,so only had the radio to listen to.Unfortunately on 5live they had Alan Green doing the commentary,so I had to listen to Talkshite instead.
How can that fat buffoon keep covering England games when he aint even English?
How is the muppet still employed by the BBC at all?

Didn't listen last night but I have preferred 5live over the normal bbc/itv commentary teams. Tony Pulis the other night was quite good, Waddle is crap, Danny Mills is ok. I often put the radio on over the tv as itv people make me want to self harm and Phil Neville's issues have been well publicised.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sky sports on 13:31 - Jun 20 with 863 viewsPinnerPaul

Good for me have been; Danny Murphy, Lee Dixon, Glenn Hoddle and suprisingly Rio Ferdinand.

Commentators all have faults IMHO, but the biggest is basic lack of the laws of the game.

Jonathan Pearce (STILL going on about that "controversial" goal btw) came up with this gem.

Ball played into attacker on edge of area, who has his back to goal.

Just before ball gets to him defender slides through the back of him , clear foul

JP then comes up with this gem "Was that a last man challenge?" , implying it could have been a red card.

Now how the hell is that "Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards goal"?

Its written in the laws in b& w, if you're paid to commentate no excuse whatsoever for not knowing the laws.

Its not even about interpretation or opinion in this case.
Sky sports on 15:04 - Jun 20 with 784 viewsHollowayRanger

stuff scummy sky

day they buy the world cup is the day I stop watching

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024