Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report 18:26 - Aug 6 with 2445 viewsNorthernr

Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report 6th Aug 2017 18:24
QPR shrugged aside discontent about lack of summer transfer activity and their poor form at the end of last season to comfortably beat Reading 2-0 at Loftus Road on the opening day of the 2017/18 season. 10

Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 19:08 - Aug 6 with 2325 viewsJAPRANGERS

The new season is here and Clive's reports are back and have lost none of their brilliance during the Summer holiday! Thanks as always!
Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 19:43 - Aug 6 with 2240 viewsbosh67

Great read. The Scowen tash line was a stand out laugh.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 21:09 - Aug 6 with 2046 viewsrsonist

Agreed, but let's not complain too much about taches considering Swansea signed this bloke this summer:

[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 21:11]
Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 21:19 - Aug 6 with 2019 viewsrsonist

"It seemed odd to spend the whole pre-season picking Smith or Sylla up front only to then use Mackie on day one but it was the perfect choice for this opposition and Holloway deserves credit — but that won’t work every week."

Not so sure about this to be honest. It hasn't been hard to see how Smith, despite his virtues, has hamstrung us tactically, with knock-on effects all over the park. Two roving forwards keeping the opposition defence from pushing up has to be as important to the midfield's success as the addition of Scowen. I'm confident that it's the way forward whoever we're playing, with Smith only as an emergency kitchen sink option.
Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 1963 viewsNorthernr

Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 21:19 - Aug 6 by rsonist

"It seemed odd to spend the whole pre-season picking Smith or Sylla up front only to then use Mackie on day one but it was the perfect choice for this opposition and Holloway deserves credit — but that won’t work every week."

Not so sure about this to be honest. It hasn't been hard to see how Smith, despite his virtues, has hamstrung us tactically, with knock-on effects all over the park. Two roving forwards keeping the opposition defence from pushing up has to be as important to the midfield's success as the addition of Scowen. I'm confident that it's the way forward whoever we're playing, with Smith only as an emergency kitchen sink option.

We'll see, early days, worked very well against Reading but I'm being cautious because no other Championship team plays like them.
Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 23:09 - Aug 6 with 1740 viewsJigsore

I was still stuck in the throes of last season leading up to Saturday, suspected we'd lose it by a smidgen 1-0

looking back i'm not sure why I was worried. Reading got bullied by us at the Madjeski or whatever they call it nowadays last season and we still have all the same personnel, only more in tune with each other.

Reading were also ridiculously punching above their weight last season. Suspect they'll sink back down to midtable obscurity now but be equally as boring. Stam gone by Christmas

well done team and well done Ollie

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 23:37 - Aug 6 with 1695 viewsdaveB

Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 21:19 - Aug 6 by rsonist

I'm sure Holloway will sign another striker this window who he'll want to partner with Washington but for yesterdays game Mackie was perfect what what was needed.

Smith and Sylla will both play a part this season though and are both good options to have. I know Smith seems to be written off at the moment but if we need a goal he's a very good option when chasing a game, a real nuisance in the box if we get the delivery right
Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 06:30 - Aug 7 with 1515 viewsparker64

Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 23:37 - Aug 6 by daveB

I'm sure Holloway will sign another striker this window who he'll want to partner with Washington but for yesterdays game Mackie was perfect what what was needed.

Smith and Sylla will both play a part this season though and are both good options to have. I know Smith seems to be written off at the moment but if we need a goal he's a very good option when chasing a game, a real nuisance in the box if we get the delivery right

Looking at Matt Smith's record, he's made 88 appearances with a further 105 as sub/subbed so it suggests that for whatever reason he's been an "option" player rather than a first choice. As you say he's gives us the chance to mix things up.
Login to get fewer ads

Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 09:52 - Aug 7 with 1236 viewsstevec

FAKE NEWS ALERT.... (penalty won, Luongo)

Pavel I think.

Appreciate if you can correct this, as soon as I start slagging Luongo off, which I will, the usual suspects will counter my argument with numbers of assists and fake ones I can do without.

....otherwise a great report.
Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 12:58 - Aug 7 with 1014 viewsSimonJames

Fantastic!
I expected us to lose 0-1. Hope I get my predictions for the next 4 matches equally as wrong.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 13:49 - Aug 7 with 940 viewsNorthernr

Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 09:52 - Aug 7 by stevec

FAKE NEWS ALERT.... (penalty won, Luongo)

Pavel I think.

Appreciate if you can correct this, as soon as I start slagging Luongo off, which I will, the usual suspects will counter my argument with numbers of assists and fake ones I can do without.

....otherwise a great report.

Yeh sorry that's my fault, changed. Luongo excellent on Saturday though
Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 14:16 - Aug 7 with 897 viewsstevec

Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 13:49 - Aug 7 by Northernr

Yeh sorry that's my fault, changed. Luongo excellent on Saturday though

Thank you, I can get on with my work now.

..and yes, his performance was indeed more than acceptable.
Washington brace sends QPR flying out the traps — Report on 14:24 - Aug 7 with 886 viewshopphoops

Thanks Clive. We'll look back on the game as setting the tone for our march to fourth place.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024