Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massive Luongo 23:18 - Oct 28 with 2669 viewsLblock

Been a fierce critic of him (and maybe one or five others) over time
Obviously he needs to add more goals to his game but....

Thought he was immense today
Covered every blade of grass and tackled like a demon, one of which led to our first goal
He seems stronger this season and really gets his arse into challenges and comes out with the ball
Starting to find good range with his passes and, with the brilliant Scowen giving us a platform to play on, he’s getting forward and popping off some shots

So pass me the pepper.... I think I need to eat my hat (again)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Massive Luongo on 00:14 - Oct 29 with 2488 viewsPunteR

We just need to give these lads time.
We've tried to steam roller over everything since the Briatore/Ecclestone era.
We've needed a reality check .
I'm feeling pretty positive about the club and the players we have.
Good result today

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Massive Luongo on 01:24 - Oct 29 with 2419 viewstimcocking

He's been consistently pretty good since we've had him. Now, he has a couple of players on a similar wavelength, which makes all the difference.
Massive Luongo on 04:08 - Oct 29 with 2326 viewsqprjeff1882

It's also all about having regular players around him. Having Scowen as his cover allows him to be more adventurous as it always seemed before he was always too scared to get forward as he had inadequate cover. Turning into a very good player and i fear others will come calling for him. But given his performances this season if he can keep it up he will demand a big fee.
Massive Luongo on 06:14 - Oct 29 with 2255 viewshoopdog

Massive Luongo on 01:24 - Oct 29 by timcocking

He's been consistently pretty good since we've had him. Now, he has a couple of players on a similar wavelength, which makes all the difference.

Never in a million years Tim can he be discribed as consistent in the past always going absent in games that you would forget he was on the pitch , but with the arrival of Scowens he's become the player he hinted he was in the past .
I've got agree with Jeffs post below yours
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 6:17]
Massive Luongo on 07:53 - Oct 29 with 2072 viewsdavman

Massive Luongo on 04:08 - Oct 29 by qprjeff1882

It's also all about having regular players around him. Having Scowen as his cover allows him to be more adventurous as it always seemed before he was always too scared to get forward as he had inadequate cover. Turning into a very good player and i fear others will come calling for him. But given his performances this season if he can keep it up he will demand a big fee.

Now, Scowen. There is a helluva player, who, like Freeman has settled instantly. Hoping they stay here a long, long time and that FFP doesn't mean we can't afford them or similar, so that we have to go to the 50pshop instead of Poundland. ..

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Massive Luongo on 09:13 - Oct 29 with 1831 viewsBostonR

He gave a very insightful interview on BBC London after the game. Talked about all the players buying into the team ethic, how other players have stepped up given injuries and that they feel they can get better. Also mentioned how the team governs itself from a discipline perspective which would explain the absence of Caulker. Said the squad has set a high bar and everyone has to buy into it.
Massive Luongo on 10:49 - Oct 29 with 1685 viewsbeanofire1

No doubt that adding Scowen has opened Mass's eyes to what is possible.

Always had potential and now is delivering. Yesterday in spades.

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Massive Luongo on 11:45 - Oct 29 with 1629 viewsTacticalR

The funny thing was that at one point in the first half I was thinking that Luongo was not that involved and needed to get into the game.

In the second half not only was he getting stuck into tackles, but his ability to anticipate where oppo passes were going and to intercept them was almost supernatural.

Luongo and Scowen also started to dictate the rhythm of the game in the second half.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Massive Luongo on 11:51 - Oct 29 with 1613 viewsHunterhoop

Luongo is absolute mustard. Personally, I think he's the best player in our squad.

He's been unfairly judged, partly though playing with Henry and playing in systems which didn't suit us and him.

Now he's got Scowen doing an excellent "Derry" job (but with better passing), Luongo is free to marraud around the pitch, smashing into people, breaking up play, and driving us forward.

His tackle count is insane!

The first goal yesterday came after an absolute thunderbelter of a challenge from Mass.

The bloke is mustard.
Massive Luongo on 11:53 - Oct 29 with 1605 viewsbosh67

Totally different player this season. Heavier, stronger and further forward. I didn't think he had it in him but he really has.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Massive Luongo on 13:09 - Oct 29 with 1482 viewsPommyhoop

Maybe he should keep the armband even when Ned returns
He seems to thrive on the responsibility whereas Ned, erm less so.
Before anyone says anything to the contrary, yes Ned should walk straight back in.
He's miles better than Lynch ever will be.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024