Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Venables nickname at Rangers 16:43 - Feb 7 with 2069 viewscharmr

Was Slippery, apparently.

According to Rodney Marsh on the radio today. Also said TV, with a lawyer. made him take that nickname out of his book. Apparently he really didn’t like being called that.

Maybe that’s why Gregory didn’t sell the club to him and had his doubts.

He also talked about a brilliant hat trick he scored against Birmingham City which was not only televised, Div 2 game, and had the good fortune as a 10yr old to witness sitting in SA Road with my Dad.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 16:47]
Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 16:59 - Feb 7 with 2005 viewsBoston

I’ve heard that before

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 17:02 - Feb 7 with 1997 viewsswitchingcode

Was Vegtables
Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 17:30 - Feb 7 with 1914 viewskarl

Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 17:02 - Feb 7 by switchingcode

Was Vegtables

Did he have a market stall and laid them all out neatly on them?
Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 17:56 - Feb 7 with 1864 viewscharmr

Therefore the vegetables were onside with the fruit offside
Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 18:18 - Feb 7 with 1808 viewsjohncharles

Rodney was brilliant and an R'was legend but he often spoke a lot of shyte about QPR

Strong and stable my arse.

Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 00:12 - Feb 8 with 1544 viewssmegma

Rodney left QPR 48 years ago. He needs to move on.
Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 00:27 - Feb 8 with 1528 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with JC and Smegma.

Rodney has no need to be name-calling. He was a legend here, and rightly so.

Keep the gate shut, Rodney, it's your best bet.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 00:41 - Feb 8 with 1516 viewsqprxtc

Understand your your point of view Brian. But

If players want to and are allowed to divulge this stuff that’s fine.

Supporting a football club isn’t all about us. There are two distinct (at least) differences: supporters and players. Two utterly different things.

We don’t own the club. They own us.
Login to get fewer ads

Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 01:15 - Feb 8 with 1478 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 00:41 - Feb 8 by qprxtc

Understand your your point of view Brian. But

If players want to and are allowed to divulge this stuff that’s fine.

Supporting a football club isn’t all about us. There are two distinct (at least) differences: supporters and players. Two utterly different things.

We don’t own the club. They own us.

I agree, xtc. But being comrades-of-old demands a dressing-room silence in my view. Unless, that is, the other party is letting or has let the club down. I think we can safely say that that is not the case with Venables.

Rodney has always been a rent-a-quote. Great entertainer on the pitch, but I could do without his entertainment off it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 01:57 - Feb 8 with 1468 viewscharmr

Rodney told an amusing antidote about TV taking money off them on a break in Spain. He wasn’t getting on his case and complimentary about how good a player he was.

From my understanding he was implying TV was a bit sly. A high court judge also thought so.

I’ve met Marsh and he was a dick. However on his radio show which is on 4 mornings a week he loves Rangers and says so. He’s good entertainment. Better then those halfwits on talk sport, Dean Saunders, Cundy and Goldstein, Micky Quinn and Ray Houghton to name a few.
Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 08:35 - Feb 8 with 1300 viewspaulparker

I know the Gerry Francis thing was a bad idea on marshes part but he is still in the top 3 QPR players of all time , a legend that sadly gets a rough deal with half the fan base which is sad imo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 08:39 - Feb 8 with 1295 viewsLoftgirl

Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 01:57 - Feb 8 by charmr

Rodney told an amusing antidote about TV taking money off them on a break in Spain. He wasn’t getting on his case and complimentary about how good a player he was.

From my understanding he was implying TV was a bit sly. A high court judge also thought so.

I’ve met Marsh and he was a dick. However on his radio show which is on 4 mornings a week he loves Rangers and says so. He’s good entertainment. Better then those halfwits on talk sport, Dean Saunders, Cundy and Goldstein, Micky Quinn and Ray Houghton to name a few.

Anecdote.
Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 08:50 - Feb 8 with 1284 viewsLunarJetman

The straight up and down honest guy that was Gregory didn’t want to sell to someone slippery 😂
Terry Venables nickname at Rangers on 09:07 - Feb 8 with 1250 viewsEsox_Lucius

If you haven't already read it, then Broken Dreams: Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football by Tom Bower is a compulsory tome about the corruption in British football (up to 2003) TV does NOT come across well in it. It is also telling that despite many, many people having the spotlight thrown onto them, none of them ever tried to take Bower to court for it. There are a few QPR ex players mentioned in the book.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024