Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report 17:37 - Jun 21 with 2075 viewsNorthernr

Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report 21st Jun 2020 17:22
QPR lost to the Championship’s bottom side Barnsley for the second time this season, and first time at Loftus Road in 26 attempts going back to 1950, as football returned with a sad sigh to an empty Loftus Road on Saturday. 8

Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 17:52 - Jun 21 with 2033 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Spot on, Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 20:23 - Jun 21 with 1767 viewsToast_R

A win would have left us 4 points from the top 6. Sigh
Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 23:10 - Jun 21 with 1551 viewsrsonist

A season finale of Hugill zings doesn't seem so bad now.
Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 11:31 - Jun 22 with 1119 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks Clive, good to have you back.

I don't think it was quite as bad as many albeit we were very poor for the first twenty minute or so. There have been other games where we have started just as slowly but with a little bit of good fortune, ie something we tried came off, we have got back into it and then gone on to play better.

We do need a bigger effort on Saturday though and for god's sake fill the bench up even if they have been furloughed, they aren't fit and you have no intention of using them. At least it doesn't show weakness to the opposition and may even give them something more to think about. It wouldn't do any harm to give Oteh a few minutes here and there as when we go to two games a week we could easily lose Hugill.
Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 12:31 - Jun 22 with 1042 viewsR_from_afar

Their goal makes for grim viewing. One of our defenders, Barbet I think, comes in from the right but doesn't actually do anything to stop the opposing player. It looked to me as if he was expecting Kelly to snuff out the danger. The defender more or less ushered the goalscorer to the goal

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 13:20 - Jun 22 with 982 viewsLongsufferingR

Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 11:31 - Jun 22 by francisbowles

Thanks Clive, good to have you back.

I don't think it was quite as bad as many albeit we were very poor for the first twenty minute or so. There have been other games where we have started just as slowly but with a little bit of good fortune, ie something we tried came off, we have got back into it and then gone on to play better.

We do need a bigger effort on Saturday though and for god's sake fill the bench up even if they have been furloughed, they aren't fit and you have no intention of using them. At least it doesn't show weakness to the opposition and may even give them something more to think about. It wouldn't do any harm to give Oteh a few minutes here and there as when we go to two games a week we could easily lose Hugill.

I think HMRC might have something to say about players being on the bench when they are furloughed!
Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 14:56 - Jun 22 with 867 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 12:31 - Jun 22 by R_from_afar

Their goal makes for grim viewing. One of our defenders, Barbet I think, comes in from the right but doesn't actually do anything to stop the opposing player. It looked to me as if he was expecting Kelly to snuff out the danger. The defender more or less ushered the goalscorer to the goal

I don’t blame Barbet as the ball should never have got that far in the first place. Masterson seems to be easily put off by a dummy by one of their players I think, then all of a sudden Simoes through and it’s a clinical finish. Whole defense were caught flat footed for me and it’s a poor goal.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 15:01 - Jun 22 with 859 viewsfrancisbowles

Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 13:20 - Jun 22 by LongsufferingR

I think HMRC might have something to say about players being on the bench when they are furloughed!

Not quite what meant. I was suggesting furlough in the past tense. Release them from it, if you need to make up the numbers.
Login to get fewer ads

Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 15:04 - Jun 22 with 853 viewsfrancisbowles

Back with a blank, QPR beaten by Barnsley again — Report on 14:56 - Jun 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

I don’t blame Barbet as the ball should never have got that far in the first place. Masterson seems to be easily put off by a dummy by one of their players I think, then all of a sudden Simoes through and it’s a clinical finish. Whole defense were caught flat footed for me and it’s a poor goal.

It started with BOS losing possession under pressure which resulted in him ending up on the floor and looking for a foul.

I couldn't decide whether it was or not, would have been a soft one anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024