Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders 09:09 - Aug 5 with 2107 viewsNorthernr

Part two...

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders 5th Aug 2020 08:26
Part two of our annual final analysis of the QPR squad over the course of the season looks at a defence which, for the third year in a row, shipped in excess of 70 goals across the 46 league games. 12

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 12:03 - Aug 5 with 1808 viewsPinnerPaul

Cheers Clive

Lot of work in there and not much to disagree with..........apart from Manning's mark of course!

Seriously think it was a pretty fair summing up - I'm a bit like him as you are with Grant Hall - a wonderful assist and I'm with you but when I see him writhing on the floor in 'agony' after being beaten to the ball fair and square (again!) by a better player I'm back in the 'sell him for whatever' camp - albeit I realise that the size of that camp is very small!
End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 12:33 - Aug 5 with 1764 viewsNorthernr

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 12:03 - Aug 5 by PinnerPaul

Cheers Clive

Lot of work in there and not much to disagree with..........apart from Manning's mark of course!

Seriously think it was a pretty fair summing up - I'm a bit like him as you are with Grant Hall - a wonderful assist and I'm with you but when I see him writhing on the floor in 'agony' after being beaten to the ball fair and square (again!) by a better player I'm back in the 'sell him for whatever' camp - albeit I realise that the size of that camp is very small!

You're not alone. I've cleared some space in my diary this afternoon for when Brian McCarthy reads it and rings me to tell me in detail how wrong I am about Ryan.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 14:01 - Aug 5 with 1615 viewsLazyFan

Yeah, Manning's grade is way too high for a defence that leaks goals. Same for some others. Barbs should possibly be higher as he has the stats to back him up and could say he's been defending with lesser players.

Kaky has done really well. He should be an easy B in my view. He has kept a weak but improving Kane out of the team. He has saved us buying another RB. Another great product from the Academy after Furlong at RB too!

Masteron does not look lean enough. Hopefully, a proper pre-season with the first team and he can get fitter and faster and nastier.

We need another CB and a LB of course.

zzzzzzzzzz

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 17:02 - Aug 5 with 1396 viewsderbyhoop

Fair summary.
We can't over celebrate about a defence that conceded 76 League goals but it's hard to blame individuals when we should be defending as a unit (football cliche #273). We're also far too quick to praise (Kakay, Masterson) and equally as quick to write off players (Kane, Leistner).
It's obvious that central defence needs strengthening over the Summer and, if we lose Manning, at LB also. As Clive said, it's too early to judge Masterson and we cannot afford to discard Wallace or Hammelainen, although we need more of a contribution from both.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 22:42 - Aug 5 with 1051 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Agree with most of that. Collectively and individually an unremarkable bunch. Manning aside perhaps but how many top half championship sides would he improve? Looking forward to seeing more of Masterson seems to have lots of quality.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 03:26 - Aug 6 with 943 viewstimcocking

Spot on throughout.
End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 08:18 - Aug 6 with 854 viewsMetallica_Hoop

"Methuselah’s Volvo"

I was sat in an empty office laughing out loud at that.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 13:51 - Aug 6 with 734 viewswestberksr

very good Clive; delighted that Kakay may have found the door to the first team ajar at the right time to save us buying another right sided defender. As part of a 3 with Kane in front we might be able to spend elsewhere
Login to get fewer ads

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 15:00 - Aug 6 with 703 viewstoboboly

Would quite like to see Rangel brought in as a coach for the youth team.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 16:19 - Aug 6 with 647 viewsfrancisbowles

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 15:00 - Aug 6 by toboboly

Would quite like to see Rangel brought in as a coach for the youth team.

If there is a vacancy, when he is fit again it might be possible
End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 17:34 - Aug 6 with 605 viewsBrianMcCarthy

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 12:33 - Aug 5 by Northernr

You're not alone. I've cleared some space in my diary this afternoon for when Brian McCarthy reads it and rings me to tell me in detail how wrong I am about Ryan.

I tried to ring you yesterday to tell you in detail how wrong you are about Ryan!

Strangely no answer!

I think your analysis was fair and reasoned, and well backed-up. I think he's been incredibly lazy and negligent on multiple occasions in his jogging back routines and I think that's completely unacceptable. As is his feigning injury. A phrase I used on the phone to you was, I think - "he's the most weak-ass Irishman I've ever seen kick a ball".

But his attacking play has been superb. I'd probably go with a B on aggregate, but wouldn't argue with your A/B either.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

End of Term Report 19/20 — Defenders on 17:46 - Aug 6 with 590 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great read overall, and an excellent summation.

Couldn't argue with any of it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024