Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report 17:05 - Sep 5 with 2821 viewsNorthernr

QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report 5th Sep 2020 17:04
Queens Park Rangers bowed out of the League Cup in the first round at League One Plymouth on Saturday as a whole barrel of familiar defensive failings from last season came spilling out across the deck. 4

QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report on 20:08 - Sep 5 with 2267 viewstoboboly

Good report. Not sure how/why Lumley is getting stick on the match thread for goals he couldn't do anything about. Despite his great finish to the season.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report on 20:56 - Sep 5 with 2161 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good report., Clive.
Thanks as ever.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report on 21:23 - Sep 5 with 2110 viewsqpr_1968

good report northern.

shame we could'nt actually hear you speak the words, and make the crowd noises, would make up for lack of fans.....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report on 00:08 - Sep 6 with 1803 viewsDavieQPR

It was overall a pretty poor showing with Amos doing nothing to change preconceived ideas and the WB showing how everything goes to pot because of them. Oteh and Shopido I have never rated.
QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report on 12:47 - Sep 6 with 1236 viewsNoelmc

Thanks for the report Clive. Very good analysis of the match as usual.

Did you have a bet on your score prediction? You would have won a few pounds!
QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report on 13:54 - Sep 6 with 1158 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thanks Clive, a fair report.

Agree Lumley maybe should have done better with the second, he seemed flat footed and maybe unsighted? It wasn’t right in the corner. Manning was super going forward but defensively it’s the same story. I’d like to see him as part of the three behind Dykes to be honest. But overall I’m a bit baffled by comments saying ‘well defence hasn’t improved’ as if some magic could have occurred in the last 3 or 4 weeks. Not defending Warbs, he does need y to o ‘sort it ahhht’, but short of a new back 4 and keeper it wasn’t going to happen immediately. I do worry as others do that he’s not willing to allow two destroyers in the side (one at CB, one at CDM), or contemplate maybe having a system where just one full back plays as an old fashioned winger rather than both. Carroll looked good but signing him AND Amos seems a touch OTT, when a Ryan Woods type would have surely been the aim.

Interesting that the number 5 shirt has been vacated by Cameron though. Is another defender coming in? Feels like we’ll get at least 2 more players in the coming weeks.

Bare bones.

QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report on 15:35 - Sep 6 with 1063 viewsdaveB

QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report on 13:54 - Sep 6 by Antti_Heinola

Agree Lumley maybe should have done better with the second, he seemed flat footed and maybe unsighted? It wasn’t right in the corner. Manning was super going forward but defensively it’s the same story. I’d like to see him as part of the three behind Dykes to be honest. But overall I’m a bit baffled by comments saying ‘well defence hasn’t improved’ as if some magic could have occurred in the last 3 or 4 weeks. Not defending Warbs, he does need y to o ‘sort it ahhht’, but short of a new back 4 and keeper it wasn’t going to happen immediately. I do worry as others do that he’s not willing to allow two destroyers in the side (one at CB, one at CDM), or contemplate maybe having a system where just one full back plays as an old fashioned winger rather than both. Carroll looked good but signing him AND Amos seems a touch OTT, when a Ryan Woods type would have surely been the aim.

Interesting that the number 5 shirt has been vacated by Cameron though. Is another defender coming in? Feels like we’ll get at least 2 more players in the coming weeks.

Based on yesterday and I know thats a bit harsh looking at one game but I thought Carroll looked like an upgrade on Amos which would be fine if we hadn't just spent money on Amos. I'm still hopeful Amos will come good but he is still far too casual on the ball and gives the ball away in his own half far too easily
QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report on 18:21 - Sep 6 with 915 viewsWadR

QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report on 13:54 - Sep 6 by Antti_Heinola

Cameron always worn 20 for club and country before QPR, where it has been occupied by Bright. Think it's just a number preference than necessarily indicative of us signing another CB.

And thank you Clive for the excellent report. Appreciate you've had little to no time between seasons this year. (I have also joined the patreon).
Login to get fewer ads

QPR singing the same old song in the South West — Report on 14:02 - Sep 7 with 525 viewsSilverfoxqpr

I remember when Gerry Francis took over from Don Howe one of the first things he said was he intended to get the defence sorted first (which he did) and worry about scoring later. Or words to that effect anyway. Personally I subscribe to that model, the 'we'll score more than you' Ossie Ardiles approach isn't really sustainable long term. Not knocking WW whatsoever and have every faith he'll sort it out etc, just hope it's sooner rather than later this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024