Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JoJo Captain 15:58 - Aug 5 with 3088 viewssprocket

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/stefan-johansen-named-qpr-captain-050821/
JoJo Captain on 16:05 - Aug 5 with 3039 viewsBuckR

Perfect choice and tells you just how much MW wanted this one over the line!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 16:06]
JoJo Captain on 16:12 - Aug 5 with 2975 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great choice.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

JoJo Captain on 16:15 - Aug 5 with 2956 viewsdmm

I'm a little surprised as I thought Wallace had been anointed. Nonetheless, very happy with the Norwegian Pirlo being captain. We are calling him that aren't we?
JoJo Captain on 16:17 - Aug 5 with 2934 viewsMedwayR

Obvious choice too. Out of the 4 senior players JoJo is the only guaranteed starter plus Austin is bound to create a few headlines when he's on talksport that could make us look bad if he's captain.

Poll: Who’s better?

JoJo Captain on 16:17 - Aug 5 with 2933 viewssexton

JoJo Captain on 16:15 - Aug 5 by dmm

I'm a little surprised as I thought Wallace had been anointed. Nonetheless, very happy with the Norwegian Pirlo being captain. We are calling him that aren't we?

Somebody on this forum called him the Pirlo of the Fjords which is even better.
JoJo Captain on 16:17 - Aug 5 with 2928 viewssprocket

Suspect this means he starts against wall
JoJo Captain on 16:18 - Aug 5 with 2917 viewsBazzeR

Don’t clubs appoint 2 types of Captains nowadays?

Club and team ?

He’s already sounding like Gerry with his consistency line in his interview.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 16:21]
JoJo Captain on 16:19 - Aug 5 with 2908 viewsflynnbo

JoJo Captain on 16:17 - Aug 5 by sexton

Also known as the Fjord Pirlo which was actually made by VW with a Geordie accent.
Login to get fewer ads

JoJo Captain on 16:37 - Aug 5 with 2768 viewsgazza1

Rather surprised about that but I would suggest that players like Wallace & Barbet are 'cool' about it - no probs from me just surprised.
JoJo Captain on 16:44 - Aug 5 with 2728 viewsngbqpr

JoJo Captain on 16:19 - Aug 5 by flynnbo

Also known as the Fjord Pirlo which was actually made by VW with a Geordie accent.

Try saying Pirlo of the Fjords in the Monty Python parrot sketch “pining for the fjords?” voice.

I guarantee it’ll raise a smile.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

JoJo Captain on 17:33 - Aug 5 with 2540 viewsA40Bosh

He's Norwegian
They've made Rs Captain this season
And we've heard that Wallace ain't seethin'
So it will be all right

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

JoJo Captain on 17:58 - Aug 5 with 2456 viewsLogman

Saxbend is going to have to re-write his song
JoJo Captain on 18:05 - Aug 5 with 2417 viewsDavieQPR

Wallace and Austin will be subject to being subbed more to protect them. Personally prefer a midfielder as he is involved with both attack and defence.
JoJo Captain on 19:26 - Aug 5 with 2245 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not sure it makes much difference who is the captain. When you've got Wallace, Austin and Adomah doing a similar job. I can't imagine too many of the others being as vocal.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

JoJo Captain on 19:38 - Aug 5 with 2210 viewsArcticHoop

JoJo Captain on 16:17 - Aug 5 by sexton

I call him Scandinavian Zidane
JoJo Captain on 21:59 - Aug 5 with 2017 viewsLogman

Viking Viera
JoJo Captain on 22:18 - Aug 5 with 1945 viewsMyke

I remember when we were having this conversation last year, we were lamenting that fact that we had nobody of 'proper' captain material and concluding that Cameron or Wallace were the best of a bad lot. Fast forward 12 months and we have two or three legitimate candidates, which is another indication that we are moving in the right direction
JoJo Captain on 22:19 - Aug 5 with 1942 viewsHooparoo

I like everything he’s said and done so far. A natural leader

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

JoJo Captain on 22:22 - Aug 5 with 1927 viewsCiderwithRsie

JoJo Captain on 19:26 - Aug 5 by derbyhoop

I'm not sure it makes much difference who is the captain. When you've got Wallace, Austin and Adomah doing a similar job. I can't imagine too many of the others being as vocal.

I agree with Davie that midfield is the best place for a captain but one of the huge differences between now and this time last year is that we've got "captains" up front (Austin) central mid (Johansen) and central defence (de Wijs) plus Wallace and Adomah.

Seny Dieng is vocal too and I see Dickie as a future skipper
JoJo Captain on 22:30 - Aug 5 with 1904 viewsLogman

I think a lot of that is down to Warburton. He wants leaders and if the young players don't heed them then they're out.
JoJo Captain on 22:54 - Aug 5 with 1859 viewsBazzeR

I’m reasonably sure that early in MW tenure that he made 2 players captains

I think he made Angel Rangel club captain (somebody that liaises with management about players concerns and off field matters) and either Cameron or Barbet as team captain.

The announcement of Stef as club captain suggests to me that Wallace is still responsible for on field duties

Happy to be proved incorrect though.
JoJo Captain on 23:18 - Aug 5 with 1806 viewsMyke

JoJo Captain on 22:54 - Aug 5 by BazzeR

I’m reasonably sure that early in MW tenure that he made 2 players captains

I think he made Angel Rangel club captain (somebody that liaises with management about players concerns and off field matters) and either Cameron or Barbet as team captain.

The announcement of Stef as club captain suggests to me that Wallace is still responsible for on field duties

Happy to be proved incorrect though.

You may well be right. The club/team captain is nothing new. Very often the club captain was a former team captain who was no longer a regular in the team but was still well respected by players and management.
I still don't expect Johansen to start on Saturday (Wallace skipper) when he hasn't played all summer. Hopefully get some game time v Orient though.
JoJo Captain on 00:53 - Aug 6 with 1690 viewsbob566

Love the guy and he should be in the first team but it's very harsh on the guys who did so well vs Utd and Leicester. I wouldn't start him.
JoJo Captain on 08:08 - Aug 6 with 1490 viewsRBlock

JoJo Captain on 16:17 - Aug 5 by MedwayR

Obvious choice too. Out of the 4 senior players JoJo is the only guaranteed starter plus Austin is bound to create a few headlines when he's on talksport that could make us look bad if he's captain.

Ye, it frees Charlie up to be a sh!thouse as well, ala Brentford at home last season, winding up Thomas Frank.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024