Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze and England. 11:01 - Sep 6 with 2373 viewsconnell10

Yes I know he isn't our player anymore but I still kinda like him! Just feel it's a real shame he got injured when he did, I would love to see him get a run out for England . Plus it will probably add money to any future transfers.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eze and England. on 11:26 - Sep 6 with 2300 viewsPBLOCK

Eze was obviously in Southgates thoughts getting the call up to the squad the afternoon he got injured

If he gets his form back I’m sure he’ll get a chance. England have an abundance of attacking midfielders but he has the ability and work ethic to get his chance and I hope he does
Eze and England. on 11:30 - Sep 6 with 2280 viewsconnell10

Eze and England. on 11:26 - Sep 6 by PBLOCK

Eze was obviously in Southgates thoughts getting the call up to the squad the afternoon he got injured

If he gets his form back I’m sure he’ll get a chance. England have an abundance of attacking midfielders but he has the ability and work ethic to get his chance and I hope he does

So do I mate , I'd love to see him get a full cap.

Eze and England. on 12:04 - Sep 6 with 2192 viewsQPRSteve

Hopefully it's more money for us if he does get capped.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 12:20]
Eze and England. on 12:13 - Sep 6 with 2165 viewsGaxZE

Sadly, I don't feel he will get a sniff whilst the players in his position are playing as they do. Not to say he's not good enough, but I don't see Gareth picking him ahead of his trusted favourites. Grealish wasn't trusted with the way he plays, which is similar to Eze than say a Mount or Lingard. Hope I'm wrong though, hope he gets fit and returns to previous form. WIll be hard to ignore if he does.
Eze and England. on 14:05 - Sep 6 with 1936 viewsBoston

What's the prospectus on his return to fitness?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Eze and England. on 17:46 - Sep 6 with 1712 viewsLazyFan

Eze and England. on 12:13 - Sep 6 by GaxZE

Sadly, I don't feel he will get a sniff whilst the players in his position are playing as they do. Not to say he's not good enough, but I don't see Gareth picking him ahead of his trusted favourites. Grealish wasn't trusted with the way he plays, which is similar to Eze than say a Mount or Lingard. Hope I'm wrong though, hope he gets fit and returns to previous form. WIll be hard to ignore if he does.

Mount is so average it's criminal. Grealish is way better yet got dropped over the Euro's for him and yet he's a £100m player according to Pep.

Now Southgate plays him only a few months later as a starter. Crackers he did not start every game. I am not sure Southgate is as great as a manager as people claim. I think it's more to do with a golden generation and that the other countries (apart from Italy) don't have a complete squad of players in every position like England does. Really we should have beaten Croatia in the WC and started Grealish so he had time to get into the against the Italians.

WC now will be the real test, no more excuses not to win it outright.

zzzzzzzzzz

Eze and England. on 19:39 - Sep 6 with 1529 viewsGloryHunter

Eze and England. on 14:05 - Sep 6 by Boston

What's the prospectus on his return to fitness?

Eze and England. on 20:18 - Sep 6 with 1468 viewsT_Block

One question :why should I believe your opinion of Mounts abilities?Have you ever asked yourself what you actually know that Tuchal or Southgate don't?.Go on educate yourself and try and find out.I suspect you watch a lot of football so wouldn't it be time well spent to try and understand why Mount is rated by coaches with better football knowledge than yourself and appreciate how teams are constructed leading to better judgement.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze and England. on 20:46 - Sep 6 with 1402 viewsDavieQPR

I never have rated Southgate as a Manager. Had only got a Reegation and Sacking to his C.V. before getting England U21s job. Fat too defensive and safety first. The cricket equivalent of a Flat Track Bully.
Eze and England. on 12:46 - Sep 7 with 1134 viewsGaxZE

Eze and England. on 17:46 - Sep 6 by LazyFan

Mount is so average it's criminal. Grealish is way better yet got dropped over the Euro's for him and yet he's a £100m player according to Pep.

Now Southgate plays him only a few months later as a starter. Crackers he did not start every game. I am not sure Southgate is as great as a manager as people claim. I think it's more to do with a golden generation and that the other countries (apart from Italy) don't have a complete squad of players in every position like England does. Really we should have beaten Croatia in the WC and started Grealish so he had time to get into the against the Italians.

WC now will be the real test, no more excuses not to win it outright.

Agree on the Southgate stuff - I feel he's done well but is overrated, seems to miss that bit of courage to go at teams when he has the attacking quality England has. Suppose a defender in his playing days, he's always going to opt to keep it tight and hope we have a match winner.

As much as I dislike saying it, Mount for me is a great player, managers seem to love him for a reason - I assume it's because of his intelligence to take on board what a manager asks of him, but he does lack flair. Lucky for him, England have an abundance of that and it's his industrious style that gets him picked over many others including grealish, foden, lingard, maddision etc.

I also think Grealish is overrated. But I don't think he's not good enough to start for England. He's clever but the next year or two will tell us if he can go up levels to be what we all think he could be.

Problem England have is that on paper our best 3 attacking players (behind Kane) are currently Mount, Grealish and Foden arguably. If all 3 play, there is nobody to stretch teams and get in behind. all 3 want to occupy the same spaces and we'd be hoping for a set piece, or an overlapping wingback to get chances. That's why we seem to need a Sancho, Rashford etc to keep teams from just sitting in on us.
Eze and England. on 13:17 - Sep 7 with 1070 viewsBAWHoops

Eze's problem is that he plays in the area ofd the pitch with the most competition

Sterling, Grealish, Mount, Lingard, Rashford, Sancho, Foden, Barnes, Greenwood are all ahead of him in the pecking order. The timing of the next World Cup is a nightmare for him. This season will be a write off as he gets back to fitness and after that it's only 2-3 months until the World Cup.

As for Southgate being overrated, do me a favour. Bloke took a squad with Phil Jones, Gary Cahill, Ashley Young, Eric Dier and Danny Rose to a World Cup semi final.
He then took an insanely young squad to within a whisker of winning the next international tournament where the only team that got close to England were the eventual winners.
He's made Sterling and Kane the best strike force in International football, built a solid defence and turned the Rice/Phillips double pivot into a highly effective pressing tool.
Anyone that thinks having Declan Rice sitting in front of 2 Centre Backs whilst the full backs bomb on to join Grealish, Foden, Sterling, Sancho and Kane in attack has obviously never watched a game of football in their life.

That said, I do think he was outcoached by Mancini (no shame in that), however 3 years after Croatia did him he responded by tactically bettering them

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Eze and England. on 15:14 - Sep 7 with 935 viewskensalriser

This is wonderful because I was just thinking it was about time we had another thread slagging off Southgate for being the highest achieving England manager since Ramsey.

Mancini is a great manager, by the way. No shame in losing to his side.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eze and England. on 15:41 - Sep 7 with 884 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Eze and England. on 15:14 - Sep 7 by kensalriser

This is wonderful because I was just thinking it was about time we had another thread slagging off Southgate for being the highest achieving England manager since Ramsey.

Mancini is a great manager, by the way. No shame in losing to his side.

The year is 2061, England have just won their 8th World Cup jointly hosted by Afghanistan & Bolivia (sponsored by LithiumSolution4U) with a 85 year old Gareth Southgate in charge, and LFW forum is topped by the thread What is Everyone's Favourite Root Vegetable?

QPR4Eva: I like Turnips.

SuperHoops69: Southgate is boring though. Should have picked (insert in vogue player) against Brazil when we beat them 16-0. Playing two holding midfielders against this very beatable side. Not good enough. Was very lucky to beat Germany 9-0 in the last world cup too.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 15:43]
Eze and England. on 15:43 - Sep 7 with 874 viewsconnell10

The thread was really about Eze , I feel sorry for him getting such a bad injury when he did. Not mant players that I follow when they leave but I just think this young man is not just a outstanding footballer but he also seems to be a great human being to. Love him.

Eze and England. on 15:45 - Sep 7 with 866 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Eze and England. on 15:43 - Sep 7 by connell10

The thread was really about Eze , I feel sorry for him getting such a bad injury when he did. Not mant players that I follow when they leave but I just think this young man is not just a outstanding footballer but he also seems to be a great human being to. Love him.

Him getting a game in Qatar isn't out of the question you know. Might sling a few £ on it.
Eze and England. on 15:49 - Sep 7 with 862 viewsconnell10

Eze and England. on 15:45 - Sep 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Him getting a game in Qatar isn't out of the question you know. Might sling a few £ on it.

Hope so mate .

Eze and England. on 16:44 - Sep 7 with 809 viewsdaveB

He still has the option to play for Nigeria I think
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024