Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ratings 06:54 - Dec 2 with 3427 viewsGaryBannister86

From the sofa

Rejectiovic 7 (credit where it's due, looked big and confident today)
Cannon 6 (tidy)
Dunne 6 (so much better)
JCS 7 (nearly an 8 but the odd mistake in amongst some excellent work, keep him fit)
Paal 6 (the corners, dearie me)
Colback 6 (quiet, didn't look fit?)
Field 7 (so dependable)
Dozzell 6 (tidy, as anonymous as ever though)
Willock 7 (so much better, please be on the comeback, get him signing a new deal)
Smyth 6 (right place for the goal, great back flip)
Dykes 7 (excellent all round play. Hope his myriad of critics noticed it. Lucky not to be sent off, probably would have been under GA for whatever reason, bad luck or GA reputation)

Chair 8 (magnificent)
EDB 6 (could have scored, do like him)
Lakarche 6 (good late play again)
Kakay 6 (no mistakes, hallelujah)

Marti 9 (what a start this guy has made. Team pattern of play, the way he talks, today I thought it was nuts not to start with Cook and Chair, two of our most important players to me. How nice to genuinely believe the manager knows better than you do again).

Fans 10 (incredible lads and lasses. Bet Marti doesn't enjoy the "how **** must you be, we're winning away etc" chants though. Could be time to put them away soon :-). So much rich reward for the commitment and loyalty of the fans who were still going to watch the absolute nonsense GA served up).

[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 6:55]
Ratings on 07:16 - Dec 2 with 3337 viewsTonto

You say Dozell was anonymous... now watch the first goal again. That 40 yard pass to Paal is stunning. Yes I wish he would do it more often, but when it happens... boy its good.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Ratings on 07:22 - Dec 2 with 3319 viewsGaryBannister86

Ratings on 07:16 - Dec 2 by Tonto

You say Dozell was anonymous... now watch the first goal again. That 40 yard pass to Paal is stunning. Yes I wish he would do it more often, but when it happens... boy its good.

Oh yeah, totally agree and good point to give him credit for that. He is capable of that, but also capable of going missing for large parts - plus he definitely pulled out of at least one challenge which was disappointing. He is rather....flaky.
Ratings on 08:06 - Dec 2 with 3219 viewsParkRoyalR

I posted recently Dozzell only hits flat 10 yard passes and never hits a long pass or plays a ball over the top - wowzer - that was some pass,

With EDB also attacking the edge of the box, shooting from outside of the box and Chair putting in 3 quality early balls and just saying its coming into the danger zone first time you better be ready to attack it, we are a totally different team.

Not too mention how we are now playing in 3's and 4's with so many players giving an option to receive the ball and likewise defending in numbers, 2nd Half last night was almost unbelievable.
Ratings on 08:10 - Dec 2 with 3203 viewsdaveB

Chair will rightly get motm but thought JCS was excellent, Dunne had his best game for a long time and Dykes hold up play second half was very good
Ratings on 09:16 - Dec 2 with 3044 viewsParkRoyalR

Ratings on 08:10 - Dec 2 by daveB

Chair will rightly get motm but thought JCS was excellent, Dunne had his best game for a long time and Dykes hold up play second half was very good

Agree with all especially Chair as MOTM as brought energy, pace + as always an option to receive the ball in the final third,

Could be wrong, and I'm giving Marti credit as hopefully this could be season + player defining but Chair last night was not worrying about putting in the perfect cross, but more getting in a quick hard to defend ball into the danger area and then it's up to others to attack, with the right winger attacking the back post,

Chair actually spaffed a couple but put in 3 very difficult to defend balls from which we scored 2 and Smyth (or Dykes behind him) could have scored from the other one,

Thats 3 good chances created which is upping the ratio significantly pre Marti.

Big plus also being 2 excellent goal assisting crosses by Chair in last 2 games using his left foot (who knew) rather than wasting time taking too many touches to work back onto his right foot,

That 2nd goal was down to split second timing as the defender hesitated looking for an offside but a quick first time cross without even looking up gave Willock the opportunity and it's a match-winner, small margins but early ball is key.
Ratings on 09:24 - Dec 2 with 3011 viewsLisbonR

The control and through ball from Larkeche for the second goal was marvelous. He only had a split second to control that ball and slide it through to Chair. The weight on the pass was perfect. I really like that we can bring energy on from the bench in that manner. I hope he continues to do well.
Ratings on 09:27 - Dec 2 with 3002 viewsDorse

Only watched the second half last night (late back), so I haven't got the whole picture but that was one of the most enjoyable games I've seen from the Rs in a long time.

Really liked what I saw of Cannon and JCS at the back. I've said before that I'm loving Dixon-Bonner's work but, for me, it was all about the 3 marauding forwards Smyth, Willock and Chair. The only way I can describe it is that they looked free to make decisions in tight spaces knowing that they had back up. And that has come from the way MC has set up the team.

Such a difference from the final games under Gaz. So impressed with the change in play.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ratings on 09:47 - Dec 2 with 2943 viewsParkRoyalR

Ratings on 09:24 - Dec 2 by LisbonR

The control and through ball from Larkeche for the second goal was marvelous. He only had a split second to control that ball and slide it through to Chair. The weight on the pass was perfect. I really like that we can bring energy on from the bench in that manner. I hope he continues to do well.

Yes, best piece of individual skill + vision in game, no delay, no time for defence to set, quick ball to Chair caught Left Back napping + playing Chair on side, quick first time ball from Chair caught Left Back hesitating as he called the offside, small margins but match winning margins.
Login to get fewer ads

Ratings on 10:06 - Dec 2 with 2871 viewsQPROslo

Thought everyone played well last night especially 2nd half. Chair probabably had one of his best ever games for us much more direct and making 2 goals as a result. Perhaps no coincidence that this performance came in just one half- he looked fresher, snapper as though knowing he only needed to do it for 45 minutes gave him more energy. Whatever it was great to see us attack in numbers 1-0 up with Chair, Willock, Dykes, Smyth, Dozzell, EDB, Paal and Larkeshe overwhelming Preston. Begovic didn't put a foot or hand wrong all game.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 10:07]
Ratings on 10:22 - Dec 2 with 2792 viewsfrancisbowles

We are five games in under Marti and have gained eight points. We are playing so much better. However, we had a game on Tuesday where things went our way at last, after almost everything going against us for long periods over the last couple of years.

Imho, it is time to enjoy our club again and hope the promise being shown, can be maintained and improved. Like Marti states the positive, it's time for us to join him and stop the looking back at the difficult past. Let's give Gareth, a man who loves our club, a break and stop the constant references to slop etc.
Ratings on 10:26 - Dec 2 with 2769 viewsenfieldargh

Totally agree he works his socks off, keeps the ball moving a few passes go astray but they are all guiltly of that.

That pass was top drawer.

Marti is bringing the best out in our squad, you can see the players improving their game match by match.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ratings on 11:22 - Dec 2 with 2630 viewsNed_Kennedys

Chair’s best performance this season: looking up, passing and crossing much quicker. Cifuentes’ coaching one would expect.
Willock clearly getting his confidence back: excellent in the 2nd half.
Dykes had a great game, strong and involved throughout.
JCS was impressive: quick to challenge and tackle, did well not to get booked with all the close attention he paid the Preston forwards.
Colback a 6 for me, the rest all 7s with Chair and JCS an 8.

2 goals and a clean sheet away at Preston on a freezing cold December Friday night on TV would normally have QPR defeat written all over it. Very well done our team 👍
Ratings on 12:07 - Dec 2 with 2553 viewsngbqpr

What we needed, and would appear to have, is a coach who makes the best out of what they're given to work with - the whole greater than the sum of its parts thing. No moaning, no calls for new blood. Previously marginalised players given the proverbial clean slate, previously ineffective players being coached to make more of an impact.

Marti clocked 3 games in 6 days and chose to rotate. We all sh@t ourselves, based on the belief that our squad beyond the best XI was paper thin - a belief legitimately held based on the evidence of the last 12 months.

But in those two wins, no less than 17 players have featured. Cannon & JCS have been eased in post-injury without Kakay, Dunne or Cook feeling they've been dumped. Larkeche has had two cameos and played a part in two goals, while we've seen Paal used in a completely new position. Kelman feels like part of the squad, and had what was effectively an assist for Willock's Tuesday goal. Dozzell sits out Tuesday but then plays most of Friday, and delivers a superb ball that led to last night's second goal - and has effectively been rotated with Field, Colback and EDB. And the decisions to start Willock on the bench on Tuesday and Chair on Friday both totally vindicated.

In both games, the subs / rotation were pivotal - but they felt thought out (some in advance, some reacting to the state of the games) rather than panicky.

Pretty impressive.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 12:15]

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ratings on 12:49 - Dec 2 with 2460 viewsbaz_qpr

I think your ratings are a touch harsh, I'd add a +1 to all of those, Preston barely has a shot on target even first half while not great going forward excellent defensively
Ratings on 14:33 - Dec 2 with 2274 viewsDavieQPR

When Chair plays on the wing he has a tendency to look to cut in and shoot first a pass being the second option. Using him in the middle he is looking for the pass first and the shot second.
Ratings on 14:55 - Dec 2 with 2245 views1JD

Ratings on 10:22 - Dec 2 by francisbowles

We are five games in under Marti and have gained eight points. We are playing so much better. However, we had a game on Tuesday where things went our way at last, after almost everything going against us for long periods over the last couple of years.

Imho, it is time to enjoy our club again and hope the promise being shown, can be maintained and improved. Like Marti states the positive, it's time for us to join him and stop the looking back at the difficult past. Let's give Gareth, a man who loves our club, a break and stop the constant references to slop etc.

Sorry but I feel all those suggesting GA should be given a free pass because he’s a nice man and loves the club seem to really miss the point. This is hardly the right time for charity. We are firmly in the relegation zone, and prior to Marti turning up were nailed on for League 1 thanks to GAs disastrous spell in charge. It will not be forgotten easily unless we get out of the absolute mess he has put us in. Thankfully Marti has given us reason to be believe.
Ratings on 11:07 - Dec 3 with 1950 viewsfrancisbowles

Ratings on 14:55 - Dec 2 by 1JD

Sorry but I feel all those suggesting GA should be given a free pass because he’s a nice man and loves the club seem to really miss the point. This is hardly the right time for charity. We are firmly in the relegation zone, and prior to Marti turning up were nailed on for League 1 thanks to GAs disastrous spell in charge. It will not be forgotten easily unless we get out of the absolute mess he has put us in. Thankfully Marti has given us reason to be believe.

What I'm saying is he has had loads of criticism, even those that supported him wanted him gone a while before he left.

The mess we are in is not down to one man.

I believe it's time to draw a line and move on, forwards not backwards. It's going to be a difficult few months and we need positivity around the club.
Ratings on 14:53 - Dec 3 with 1811 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ratings on 11:07 - Dec 3 by francisbowles

What I'm saying is he has had loads of criticism, even those that supported him wanted him gone a while before he left.

The mess we are in is not down to one man.

I believe it's time to draw a line and move on, forwards not backwards. It's going to be a difficult few months and we need positivity around the club.

But the recovery we are showing is down to one man which only further highlights the point GA was not up to the job.
He has moved on and now the boys are actually giving everything to the new manager and the long dark winter does not look so forebooding thankfully .
Ratings on 17:17 - Dec 3 with 1662 viewsfrancisbowles

Ratings on 14:53 - Dec 3 by CLAREMAN1995

But the recovery we are showing is down to one man which only further highlights the point GA was not up to the job.
He has moved on and now the boys are actually giving everything to the new manager and the long dark winter does not look so forebooding thankfully .

Agree with you on all that. Now it is time for us fans to move on and stop comparing the two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024