Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves now in bottom 3 21:46 - Feb 19 with 983 viewsloftboy

Played more games than the teams above them as well.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 21:51 - Feb 19 with 961 viewsN12Hoop

That's what worries me about going down. It's ok if we are going to bounce back, in fact it would be an enjoyable season. But as sh1t as Wolves are surely they didn't expect to be languishing like this.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 21:52 - Feb 19 with 951 viewsbosh67

Yes it is amazing. they have some decent players in the side as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 21:53 - Feb 19 with 946 viewsNorthernr

Good. Don't want to be going there next season. Shthole.
Wolves now in bottom 3 on 22:02 - Feb 19 with 923 viewsderbyhoop

I know they were poor last season. But, other than Jarvis, who did they get rid of?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 22:23 - Feb 19 with 867 viewsLblock

I've no time for Wolves and do hope they drop so Karl Henry can be playing closer to his real level and to give their crowd of moaning, whining, boo'ers something to do it all louder!

However, comparisons with ourselves will surely be drawn?
We must ensure a squad fit for purpose is assembled and plans need to be afoot NOW!!!
Adopting the Newcastle route will be fine but let's ensure our squad, plans and off the field personnel are geared up that way

As an aside I find it odd that out of the 3 relegated sides only Rovers have made a vague fist of it this season and they are a bigger circus than we have ever been (just).
It's a tough one to get out of at the right end but with commitment, determination, belief and will....mixed with a sprinkling of pace and skill....it's a good old ride!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 22:34 - Feb 19 with 839 viewsHollowayRanger

we need goal scorers!!!!!!!!!

no team will get religated if it has real goal scorers in it

we got a cripple in johnson

a half cripple in zamorra

a cripple in the making in remy

and bothroyd!

christ if we ont geet some strikers in come end of season we will do a wolves

this is why letting DJ go not just now but end of season IS TOTAL MADNESS!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 22:51 - Feb 19 with 807 viewsCamberleyR

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 22:02 - Feb 19 by derbyhoop

I know they were poor last season. But, other than Jarvis, who did they get rid of?

Steven Fletcher

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 22:53 - Feb 19 with 800 viewsCamberleyR

And Michael Kightly.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 23:01 - Feb 19 with 790 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 22:34 - Feb 19 by HollowayRanger

and bothroyd!

I agree our forward line is poor but DJ Campbell is also shite and not the answer!! Barring one season at Blackpool ( and every dog has his day ) he has only scored at a lower level.
Wolves now in bottom 3 on 23:11 - Feb 19 with 774 viewsMatch82

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 23:01 - Feb 19 by dodge_stoke_r

I agree our forward line is poor but DJ Campbell is also shite and not the answer!! Barring one season at Blackpool ( and every dog has his day ) he has only scored at a lower level.

In all fairness, aside from that one season at Blackpool he's only played a handful of games that weren't at a lower level.
Wolves now in bottom 3 on 23:29 - Feb 19 with 751 viewsHollowayRanger

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 23:01 - Feb 19 by dodge_stoke_r

and thats where we will need him next season!

least being a QPR fan we know he will put in a shift

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 23:32 - Feb 19 with 745 viewsJigsore

Bakary Sako is a damn good player

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 00:03 - Feb 20 with 712 viewsthemodfather

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 23:32 - Feb 19 by Jigsore

Bakary Sako is a damn good player

other clubs can rot, i have enuff to worry about with qpr
the impending relegation, debts and admin
pompey led the way and i suspect many in the fa etc knew is was "on top" but turned blind eyes, imo
still gonna be fun, eh?
but we're in safe waters, debt free and all's so wonderful we are staying up
wahey wahey wahey
celebrate good times come on
Wolves now in bottom 3 on 09:19 - Feb 20 with 597 viewsTacticalR

Wolves were in a bad way last season. They were the only team we beat away with ease.

At home we looked comfortable against them until we self-destructed and Cissé got sent off.

Air hostess clique

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 09:25 - Feb 20 with 587 viewsJamie

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 09:19 - Feb 20 by TacticalR

Wolves were in a bad way last season. They were the only team we beat away with ease.

At home we looked comfortable against them until we self-destructed and Cissé got sent off.

And who reminds you of them this season?
Wolves now in bottom 3 on 10:05 - Feb 20 with 547 viewsisawqpratwcity

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 09:25 - Feb 20 by Jamie

And who reminds you of them this season?

And don't forget who were recently the most financially responsible Premier club.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 10:17 - Feb 20 with 524 viewsbaz_qpr

This is the absolute classic example of "lets get a championship manager" and selling of your best players fast to "reduce the wage bill" gets you.

If you dont improve a team you will sink better to give it 6 months having a real go and then assess at the january window whether you need to sell off, than flog your assets to balance the books in the first six months of relegation. That is the real lesson here
Wolves now in bottom 3 on 10:52 - Feb 20 with 488 viewsLoft1979

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 22:34 - Feb 19 by HollowayRanger

and bothroyd!

Nice discussion, mostly.
-The main point is getting relegation to the Championship is NOT a good thing nor does (as is often posted) give you carte blanche to eject salaries. The problem Wolves have could be tha same as QPRs (now or next year) in picking the wrong managers and players.

- As stated/alluded to here; Johnson, Nelsen and several others were too risky. If healthy Zamora and Andy Johnson could have us in a much better position. Failed attempts to get Crouch, Odemwinge, Dawson meant no focus elsewhere. We could have gotten Roger Johnson, Odemwinge, Charlie Austin earlier before Sept, instead Mark Hughes opted for Park, Granero, Hoilet, AJ and Nelsen in the Summer and stuck with Anton, Derry, Cisse, Traore and DJ. Point; bad signings and injuries have hurt. Historical perspective...birmingham never should have been relegated but injuries to the defense hit hard..now they are mid table in the championship.

- On the flip side: Sullivan and Co. spent $$$ to bring in Demba Ba, Hitzelberger et al in a failed attempt to stay up, but then last year did bounce back despite losing Scott Parker, Ba and others.

-If we do go down (and its not a done deal) I hope the defense is sorted out, Adel stays, Julio stays and we do re-create a core structure (like WHAM) with good young players. HR did good in bringing Santos to add to Adel. Danny Rose would have been nice too.

-Last point; we were odds on to go down this time last year as well. With some luck, Adel, julio and some goals from Remy I think we stand a chance.
Wolves now in bottom 3 on 11:22 - Feb 20 with 464 viewsloftboy

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 10:52 - Feb 20 by Loft1979

Nice discussion, mostly.
-The main point is getting relegation to the Championship is NOT a good thing nor does (as is often posted) give you carte blanche to eject salaries. The problem Wolves have could be tha same as QPRs (now or next year) in picking the wrong managers and players.

- As stated/alluded to here; Johnson, Nelsen and several others were too risky. If healthy Zamora and Andy Johnson could have us in a much better position. Failed attempts to get Crouch, Odemwinge, Dawson meant no focus elsewhere. We could have gotten Roger Johnson, Odemwinge, Charlie Austin earlier before Sept, instead Mark Hughes opted for Park, Granero, Hoilet, AJ and Nelsen in the Summer and stuck with Anton, Derry, Cisse, Traore and DJ. Point; bad signings and injuries have hurt. Historical perspective...birmingham never should have been relegated but injuries to the defense hit hard..now they are mid table in the championship.

- On the flip side: Sullivan and Co. spent $$$ to bring in Demba Ba, Hitzelberger et al in a failed attempt to stay up, but then last year did bounce back despite losing Scott Parker, Ba and others.

-If we do go down (and its not a done deal) I hope the defense is sorted out, Adel stays, Julio stays and we do re-create a core structure (like WHAM) with good young players. HR did good in bringing Santos to add to Adel. Danny Rose would have been nice too.

-Last point; we were odds on to go down this time last year as well. With some luck, Adel, julio and some goals from Remy I think we stand a chance.

To be fair any manager would if stuck with Cisse after the foams he scored at the end of last season.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 12:43 - Feb 20 with 419 viewsNorthernr

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 10:17 - Feb 20 by baz_qpr

This is the absolute classic example of "lets get a championship manager" and selling of your best players fast to "reduce the wage bill" gets you.

If you dont improve a team you will sink better to give it 6 months having a real go and then assess at the january window whether you need to sell off, than flog your assets to balance the books in the first six months of relegation. That is the real lesson here

Except there's a clear flaw in that plan. If you assess in January and decide you're not likely to go back up despite keeping hold of the players and having a go it's not as simple as "flog the assets to balance the books" is it? Because those players now not only have a relegation on their CVs, but they're not pulling up any trees in a poor Championship team now either. So who's going to want them and how much will they pay?

I do love the amount of times somebody on here posts "well just flog them..." without remembering you have to find a buyer first.
Wolves now in bottom 3 on 13:47 - Feb 20 with 368 viewsbaz_qpr

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 12:43 - Feb 20 by Northernr

Except there's a clear flaw in that plan. If you assess in January and decide you're not likely to go back up despite keeping hold of the players and having a go it's not as simple as "flog the assets to balance the books" is it? Because those players now not only have a relegation on their CVs, but they're not pulling up any trees in a poor Championship team now either. So who's going to want them and how much will they pay?

I do love the amount of times somebody on here posts "well just flog them..." without remembering you have to find a buyer first.

Disagree - History has shown that January gets you the most over inflated prices (Jordon Rhodes not included) it is far better if you can to an Adel or Samba, give me your all until January and lets see where we are, I honestly don't believe six months in the championship would effect selling prices. The point is and the one that people I think mistakenly keep suggesting is that you flog your best players on relegation and buy championship players. IMHO we strengthen not weaken, and history shows that those clubs that retain premiership quality players more often than not return fairly quickly and those that let their best players go and bring in cheaper unproven players whilst retaining their premiership crap sink
Wolves now in bottom 3 on 14:05 - Feb 20 with 341 viewss1cRanger

I made Bjorn Sigurdarson a hero in Fifa! He then handed in a transfer request and joined Real Madrid!
Wolves now in bottom 3 on 14:27 - Feb 20 with 303 viewsdaveB

Wolves now in bottom 3 on 23:29 - Feb 19 by HollowayRanger

and thats where we will need him next season!

least being a QPR fan we know he will put in a shift

if you want someone to score goals in the championship then DJ is your man for that, he'll always get goals at that level. I think he can get them in the prem as well around the right system
Wolves now in bottom 3 on 19:47 - Feb 20 with 206 viewsderbyhoop

If we do get relegated we're likely to lose Cesar, Adel and Remy whatever our plans might be. Players like DJ Campbell, Bothroyd and Hulse are out of contract and are unlikely to be offered another. What's left is, on this year's evidence, unlikely to pull up any trees in the Championship. If we are well organised and competitive we might be capable of finishing in the top half. But, without someone to provide that extra spark, we'll struggle to threaten the top 6, for the same reasons we've struggled this season - lack of goals.

Last time, it was Adel who gave us the extra edge.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024