Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highest earner 65K per week 21:31 - May 2 with 1753 viewsloftboy

Still an obscene amount but no where near the 100k being bandied about in the press. This was from Tony Fernandes interview with Sky.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Highest earner 65K per week on 21:33 - May 2 with 1401 viewsdaveB

shows you what bollocks the press can pass off as fact
Highest earner 65K per week on 21:36 - May 2 with 1375 viewsNorthernr

and suggests, given what Redknapp said post Newcastle, that our top earner is actually Bosingwa
Highest earner 65K per week on 21:39 - May 2 with 1360 viewsted_hendrix

This might just kill Darren Gough completely

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Highest earner 65K per week on 21:40 - May 2 with 1352 viewsBklynRanger

Highest earner 65K per week on 21:36 - May 2 by Northernr

and suggests, given what Redknapp said post Newcastle, that our top earner is actually Bosingwa

Probably joint top though, eh? Could be a good handful on that much.

They should all be forced to re-compete for their contracts on a Celebrity Apprentice Summer Special.*

(*Mr Sugar/Trump reserves the right to hire nobody).
Highest earner 65K per week on 21:42 - May 2 with 1342 viewsN12Hoop

Highest earner 65K per week on 21:36 - May 2 by Northernr

If I was him I'd refuse to leave. He's probably quite enjoying life in London on £3m pa.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Highest earner 65K per week on 21:44 - May 2 with 1335 viewsDesertBoot

The sub-Standard say £90k a week for Cesar - going to AC don't you know.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Highest earner 65K per week on 21:51 - May 2 with 1302 viewsNorthernr

Highest earner 65K per week on 21:44 - May 2 by DesertBoot

The sub-Standard say £90k a week for Cesar - going to AC don't you know.

Correction, Simon Johnson in the Standard says that. I can't ever recall one of his transfer stories coming true and he writes one a night!
Highest earner 65K per week on 21:52 - May 2 with 1296 viewsderbyhoop

Highest earner 65K per week on 21:51 - May 2 by Northernr

Correction, Simon Johnson in the Standard says that. I can't ever recall one of his transfer stories coming true and he writes one a night!

I can write a load of made up bollox. And freqently have on here. Can I have his job?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Highest earner 65K per week on 22:24 - May 2 with 1173 viewsgueRRilla

Highest earner 65K per week on 21:52 - May 2 by derbyhoop

I can write a load of made up bollox. And freqently have on here. Can I have his job?

I see a job on LFW in the offing! *Unpaid position*
Highest earner 65K per week on 00:32 - May 3 with 995 viewsMatch82

Is that the one Joe Kinnear called a c*nt? Funniest start to a press conference ever.
Highest earner 65K per week on 04:57 - May 3 with 918 viewsexiled_dictator

My sources, which are usually hot & spicy, yet still distinctively tasty, suggest the following wages:

Green 50k
Cesar 70k
Samba 66k
Bosingwa 65k
Ferdinand 60k
Park 65k
Taarabt 50k
Granero 50k
Zamora 65k
Remy 65k

I said endlessly that the reports of Samba on £100k a week were false, even posting the interview he gave stating that he took a big wage drop to come to QPR. It really doesn't matter how many times you state a fact; if someone repeats an untruth enough times, people believe it to be the truth and it then becomes legend.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Highest earner 65K per week on 08:02 - May 3 with 824 viewsparker64

This might be the basic but you can only guess at the add ons. The devil's in the detail - win bonus (well, forget that), housing allowance, appearance fee, clothing allowance, and anything else you can think of ..........................
Highest earner 65K per week on 09:45 - May 3 with 720 viewscoolranger

£100K is a nice convenient headline figure.

Could be that we are confusing gross with net figures. Quoting 'net' figures is a convenient way of lowering the amount in an interview, while still telling the truth. Interviewers very rarely clarify this point.
Highest earner 65K per week on 09:49 - May 3 with 706 viewsbosh67

Highest earner 65K per week on 09:45 - May 3 by coolranger

£100K is a nice convenient headline figure.

Could be that we are confusing gross with net figures. Quoting 'net' figures is a convenient way of lowering the amount in an interview, while still telling the truth. Interviewers very rarely clarify this point.

These three may be worth the money in the Championship. All the others should go.

Green 50k
Samba 66k
Taarabt 50k

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Highest earner 65K per week on 09:49 - May 3 with 706 viewsMkPaul

Highest earner 65K per week on 04:57 - May 3 by exiled_dictator

My sources, which are usually hot & spicy, yet still distinctively tasty, suggest the following wages:

Green 50k
Cesar 70k
Samba 66k
Bosingwa 65k
Ferdinand 60k
Park 65k
Taarabt 50k
Granero 50k
Zamora 65k
Remy 65k

I said endlessly that the reports of Samba on £100k a week were false, even posting the interview he gave stating that he took a big wage drop to come to QPR. It really doesn't matter how many times you state a fact; if someone repeats an untruth enough times, people believe it to be the truth and it then becomes legend.

Maybe you should tell TF as you clearly know more about the wages than he does
Highest earner 65K per week on 10:04 - May 3 with 676 viewsNorthernr

Highest earner 65K per week on 00:32 - May 3 by Match82

Is that the one Joe Kinnear called a c*nt? Funniest start to a press conference ever.

No that was Simon Bird. Still funny though

Highest earner 65K per week on 10:09 - May 3 with 661 viewsbob566

here's a question for you Clive. Is there any paper left that the editor won't get involved in and just let the journo write untouched?

I'm guessing all these guys were good journos once, you'd have to be to get a start unless daddy owned a paper etc.

So how come all these guys end up as terrible journos writing a load of fabricated tripe. Does it come from upstairs or is it just too long in the job and you cant be bothered to research anymore?
Highest earner 65K per week on 10:44 - May 3 with 617 viewsDesertBoot

Highest earner 65K per week on 10:09 - May 3 by bob566

here's a question for you Clive. Is there any paper left that the editor won't get involved in and just let the journo write untouched?

I'm guessing all these guys were good journos once, you'd have to be to get a start unless daddy owned a paper etc.

So how come all these guys end up as terrible journos writing a load of fabricated tripe. Does it come from upstairs or is it just too long in the job and you cant be bothered to research anymore?

I thought that yesterday when the Mirror headline screamed Fernandes blames Warnock for our demise...then the few paragraphs doesn't even mention it.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Highest earner 65K per week on 10:49 - May 3 with 607 viewssimmo

Surely its just the lack of accountability? Same as in anything, if you have nobody to answer to and the worst case scenario is a small apology sentence tucked away in a future issue, whats to stop you playing the 'see how much shit sticks' game

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Highest earner 65K per week on 10:50 - May 3 with 599 viewsfakekerby

Highest earner 65K per week on 09:49 - May 3 by bosh67

These three may be worth the money in the Championship. All the others should go.

Green 50k
Samba 66k
Taarabt 50k

You can get a way better keeper than Green for a lot less than 50k a week!
Highest earner 65K per week on 10:51 - May 3 with 598 viewsexiled_dictator

Highest earner 65K per week on 10:09 - May 3 by bob566

Well, despite having had the recent Leveson Inquiry, the press are a law unto themselves, and there can be no doubt that all of them have agendas, be they political or social.
You can be a good journalist, yet still be manipulated by your editor to write articles that are simply in the paper's interests, regardless of whether the journalist agrees with the detail.
The lines are now so blurred, it is no longer easy to establish whether journalism has any ethics or truth any more. You can write any old shit, and if you repeat in often enough, people will start to believe it's true.
From the day Chris Samba joined QPR, all those concerned publicly stated that he would not earn the £100k a week tax free that he had earned at Anzhi. But this story simply did not fit into the agenda set by the papers that stated that he DID earn £100k a week, and who the hell were little old meaningless QPR to offer him that salary? Just because we had rich owners, the story could be substantiated as being true; why wouldn't it? So the myth of Samba earning £100k a week at QPR was born, despite everyone concerned who knew the actual figure saying this was not the case.
I guarantee if you were to ask all the people who write on this board how much Chris Samba earns, more than 50% of them will say £100k a week. That figure will be much higher if you ask people who are not part of the QPR community.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Highest earner 65K per week on 10:53 - May 3 with 593 viewsWokingR

Only £65 K !?

It's no wonder we got relegated.
Where was the incentive to even get out of bed for such a small amount let alone run around and try your heart out.
I hope lessons have been learned from this and we will give them a pay rise to play in the Championship.
Highest earner 65K per week on 11:59 - May 3 with 538 viewsQPunkR

I'm sorry am I missing something here?

Samba himself came out after that Fulham atrocity and said he's on £100k a week on Tw@tter.

But no, apparently that's just made up press bullspit??

QPR - "shit but local"

Highest earner 65K per week on 12:27 - May 3 with 507 viewsWatfordR

Highest earner 65K per week on 04:57 - May 3 by exiled_dictator

Green 50k
Cesar 70k
Samba 66k
Bosingwa 65k
Ferdinand 60k
Park 65k
Taarabt 50k
Granero 50k
Zamora 65k
Remy 65k

Of course, one might wonder if this is the case, why our squad is apparently riven by divisions caused by the huge disparities in wages, as suggested by HR last week.

This week, its all down to a lack of ability. the week before that, a lack of characters and leaders. Other weeks, its been dodgy reffing, dodgy defence, dodgy keeper.

It's never the fault of the dodgiest element at the club. Deputy Dodge himself.

Funny that.
Highest earner 65K per week on 12:29 - May 3 with 504 viewswittle

Highest earner 65K per week on 12:27 - May 3 by WatfordR

Of course, one might wonder if this is the case, why our squad is apparently riven by divisions caused by the huge disparities in wages, as suggested by HR last week.

This week, its all down to a lack of ability. the week before that, a lack of characters and leaders. Other weeks, its been dodgy reffing, dodgy defence, dodgy keeper.

It's never the fault of the dodgiest element at the club. Deputy Dodge himself.

Funny that.

oh look you have done it again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024