Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dicker is not class. 21:52 - Jan 21 with 11762 viewssweetcorn

Awful.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Dicker is not class. on 13:14 - Jan 22 with 2341 viewsjudd

Dicker is not class. on 13:06 - Jan 22 by BigDaveMyCock

So it wasn't your last post on the matter was it?

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
[Post edited 22 Jan 2014 13:07]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dicker is not class. on 14:00 - Jan 22 with 2275 viewstony_roch975

Dicker is not class. on 13:14 - Jan 22 by judd

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's all about horses for courses. Dicker's ability to control the tempo of the game was v very useful against Plymouth when he came on for Cav, looked class and proceeded to take the sting out of the game & stop Plymouth getting back in it. Equally last night (credit to Chesterfield) their high line / 4 up front pressing put our CBs and midfield under such pressure that we couldn't play our passing game. That's been the way any time (very rare) we've been made to look ordinary this season. It wasn't just Dicker, the whole team was rushed into misplaced passes. Cavanagh's role in breaking attacks up is important in us earning the right to play but he's not the greatest playmaker! Ideally you'd want both but then we're back to the 4:3:3 formation of Hill's League 1 season & there were often complaints on here that wasn't inspiring to watch!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Dicker is not class. on 19:20 - Jan 22 with 2082 viewsDorsetDale

Dicker is not class. on 12:49 - Jan 22 by sweetcorn

Erm because thats my opinion on the performance I saw last night. Getting a good result doesnt make you exempt from criticism, as the performance on a whole was poor, however luckily we've gained a half decent result from it.

Dicker isnt good enough for us. Doesnt have the fight to win the ball in the centre, dithers on the ball and risks losing possesion and his pass completion of late has been pretty mediocre at best.

My question was related to your statement that you were fishing for bites. If that's the case, why bother debating the issue when you simply claim to be trolling? Trolls usually sit back and enjoy the ensuing fun.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Dicker is not class. on 19:31 - Jan 22 with 2049 viewsNotEyreClue

Dicker is not class. on 14:00 - Jan 22 by tony_roch975

It's all about horses for courses. Dicker's ability to control the tempo of the game was v very useful against Plymouth when he came on for Cav, looked class and proceeded to take the sting out of the game & stop Plymouth getting back in it. Equally last night (credit to Chesterfield) their high line / 4 up front pressing put our CBs and midfield under such pressure that we couldn't play our passing game. That's been the way any time (very rare) we've been made to look ordinary this season. It wasn't just Dicker, the whole team was rushed into misplaced passes. Cavanagh's role in breaking attacks up is important in us earning the right to play but he's not the greatest playmaker! Ideally you'd want both but then we're back to the 4:3:3 formation of Hill's League 1 season & there were often complaints on here that wasn't inspiring to watch!

I find it very hard to subscribe to the view that Dicker did anything noteworthy when he came on against Plymouth (he actually almost got caught in position moments after coming on!). He only came on for the remaining half an hour (against 10 men) and we'd effectively put the game to bed 10 minutes after he came on with the second goal. Misplaced passes are one thing and indeed, Cavanagh is sometimes guilty of this more than most, but dawdling on the ball and needlessly risking dispossession in key areas of the pitch is completely unncessary.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Dicker is not class. on 20:06 - Jan 22 with 2014 viewstony_roch975

Dicker is not class. on 19:31 - Jan 22 by NotEyreClue

I find it very hard to subscribe to the view that Dicker did anything noteworthy when he came on against Plymouth (he actually almost got caught in position moments after coming on!). He only came on for the remaining half an hour (against 10 men) and we'd effectively put the game to bed 10 minutes after he came on with the second goal. Misplaced passes are one thing and indeed, Cavanagh is sometimes guilty of this more than most, but dawdling on the ball and needlessly risking dispossession in key areas of the pitch is completely unncessary.

Exactly my point. At 1-0 it's squeaky bum time cos we hadn't put the game to bed; on comes Dicker, puts his foot on the ball, re-establishes our passing game & 12 mins later we're 2-0 up and safe. Yes, he's inconsistent & frustrating (like many in the squad - or they'd be playing at a higher level) and last night he suffered as did many in the first half (including '£1M' Hogan and 'magnificent' Hendo) but look at the photos of the Vincenti goal - Dicker is clearly as 'up for it' as any of the team. Yes, make realistic assessments of our players but don't write off their good points cos of their bad ones.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Dicker is not class. on 21:31 - Jan 22 with 1935 viewsNotEyreClue

Dicker is not class. on 20:06 - Jan 22 by tony_roch975

Exactly my point. At 1-0 it's squeaky bum time cos we hadn't put the game to bed; on comes Dicker, puts his foot on the ball, re-establishes our passing game & 12 mins later we're 2-0 up and safe. Yes, he's inconsistent & frustrating (like many in the squad - or they'd be playing at a higher level) and last night he suffered as did many in the first half (including '£1M' Hogan and 'magnificent' Hendo) but look at the photos of the Vincenti goal - Dicker is clearly as 'up for it' as any of the team. Yes, make realistic assessments of our players but don't write off their good points cos of their bad ones.

They were in the game up until they had a man sent off - we looked completely comfortable once that had happened. Cavanagh was doing a far better job of controlling the play before he unfortunately had to come off (hence many people on here making him their MOM even though he didn't play the full game).

Dicker isn't inconsistent, you get the same from him every time he plays. He dawdles on the ball and is way too laid back in possession. I really am struggling to think of a good performance from him over the course of a whole game this season. I didn't ever accuse Dicker of not being up from it so I don't know where that's come from?

Hogan is our top scorer and can be forgiven for having a 'bad' game (with very little service). Henderson is one of our most consistent performers..with the important goals he's scored and performances he's already put in, he could probably be forgiven if he had a mare in every game from now until the end of the season. Dicker could be forgiven had he peformed to a certain level up to this point - the reality is that he hasn't done so.

The only good thing I can think of is that we haven't tied him down and that he's adequate as replacement for Cavanagh. Other than that I honestly can't see what he brings to the team. He's been a disappointment since we signed him, especially considering he has the best pedigree in the squad and the expectation surrounding his arrival.

Dicker is not class. on 21:42 - Jan 22 with 1913 viewsDaley_Lama

We didn't look comfortable at 1-0 against 10 men in my opinion.

We were still being rushed, harried, Plymouth still carried a real potent threat and we gave away a couple of free-kicks with the obligatory ball into the box and chaos ensuing.

Dicker was a very calming influence and after being on for a couple of minutes we regained composure.

Whether that was him or because the wind had changed direction is debatable as is anything nowadays, but the timing for me at least was alligned with him coming on.

If we're not careful, we'll end up looking like fans of other clubs who criticise players irrespective of how the whole team is doing.

Hang on, some already have.

Poll: DF in or out

Dicker is not class. on 21:50 - Jan 22 with 1885 views442Dale

Dicker is not class. on 21:42 - Jan 22 by Daley_Lama

We didn't look comfortable at 1-0 against 10 men in my opinion.

We were still being rushed, harried, Plymouth still carried a real potent threat and we gave away a couple of free-kicks with the obligatory ball into the box and chaos ensuing.

Dicker was a very calming influence and after being on for a couple of minutes we regained composure.

Whether that was him or because the wind had changed direction is debatable as is anything nowadays, but the timing for me at least was alligned with him coming on.

If we're not careful, we'll end up looking like fans of other clubs who criticise players irrespective of how the whole team is doing.

Hang on, some already have.

That was my stance on the Plymouth game too. Dicker ensured the game was played at the tempo he wanted and we benefitted from that.

There have been games he hasn't been able to do this, but we can't always blame him for that either. His true value may come should we be playing a different set of teams next season....

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Dicker is not class. on 22:38 - Jan 22 with 1836 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Dicker is not class. on 21:50 - Jan 22 by 442Dale

That was my stance on the Plymouth game too. Dicker ensured the game was played at the tempo he wanted and we benefitted from that.

There have been games he hasn't been able to do this, but we can't always blame him for that either. His true value may come should we be playing a different set of teams next season....

There was one point in the Plymouth game where Dicker had a real of stinker of a pass played to him by Lillis, the ball was virtually blasted at him. He managed to control the ball under pressure and find a Dale shirt. The bloke behind me shouted 'bloody hell Dicker'. I turned round to him and said 'come on, it was the pass played to him by Lillis that put him under pressure and that he actually did well'. His response was 'well he should have been more aware'.

The guy had obviously made his mind up about him and whatever happened he was going to get some stick.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2014 22:39]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Dicker is not class. on 23:06 - Jan 22 with 1810 views442Dale

Dicker is not class. on 22:38 - Jan 22 by BigDaveMyCock

There was one point in the Plymouth game where Dicker had a real of stinker of a pass played to him by Lillis, the ball was virtually blasted at him. He managed to control the ball under pressure and find a Dale shirt. The bloke behind me shouted 'bloody hell Dicker'. I turned round to him and said 'come on, it was the pass played to him by Lillis that put him under pressure and that he actually did well'. His response was 'well he should have been more aware'.

The guy had obviously made his mind up about him and whatever happened he was going to get some stick.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2014 22:39]

Yep. I posted this at the weekend:

Often, Dicker's problem is that he is a good footballer. Too often he'll receive the ball off team-mates in this tight positions because they trust his to control it and move it on. This happened when Lillis played one to him in a central area when Lillis had a complete picture of what was on. Dicker looked a bit under pressure but it eventually went back to the keeper and was cleared, even Hill told Lillis about it.

Dicker is not class. on 23:19 - Jan 22 with 1795 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

When he plays he is usually the deepest midfielder. We think of Dicker as someone who will be playing killer balls a lot because of his quality. Playing so deep this becomes almost impossible to do. As a consequence his neat play and calming influence often gets overlooked.

By the same token, Cav is seen as a player who breaks up play and protects the back four. When he gives the ball away - usually when attempting a medium range pass - it gets overlooked because what he brings to the team is evident, less so than Dicker.

Last night's game was more suited to Cavanagh's style, but Saturday's may well suit Dicker. If you look at Prozone stats and all that jazz I'd imagine the two are quite similar in terms of numbers.
Dicker is not class. on 01:12 - Jan 23 with 1735 viewsBirchy915

What sort of class A rejects have time to complain when we're doing so well?
It would be so interesting to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ar$e.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Dicker is not class. on 08:43 - Jan 23 with 1648 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Dicker is not class. on 01:12 - Jan 23 by Birchy915

What sort of class A rejects have time to complain when we're doing so well?
It would be so interesting to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ar$e.

Completely agree. It's the attempts at justifying their negativity via a quite frankly laughable argument that their approach is somehow beneficial to the club that baffle me. Or, alternatively, they swerve criticism by making the blindingly obvious and irrelevant point that they have the right to make the point.

We're playing a level of football that is arguably better than in the promotion season. Read a sizeable section of posts after games on this forum and you'd think we were West Ham. Now they really are shite!!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 8:43]

Dicker is not class. on 09:30 - Jan 23 with 1623 viewsmaybee

The lack of football understanding shown by quite a few people on here saddens me.
At 1-0, Plymouth were very much still in the game, albeit down to 10 men.
Dicker came on and did a very good job indeed for us...his short first time passes are an excellent way of tiring out an opposition team, and his pass completion rate is very good.
Yes...in certain games, he is not as suited to L2 as our other midfield players( which is why we have a squad), but some of the criticism he has suffered in this thread is unjust.

As a club, things have not been this good since the promotion season...yet a few still must moan at something. Shame on them.
Dicker is not class. on 10:42 - Jan 23 with 1566 viewsYouTubeDale

Dicker is not class. on 09:30 - Jan 23 by maybee

The lack of football understanding shown by quite a few people on here saddens me.
At 1-0, Plymouth were very much still in the game, albeit down to 10 men.
Dicker came on and did a very good job indeed for us...his short first time passes are an excellent way of tiring out an opposition team, and his pass completion rate is very good.
Yes...in certain games, he is not as suited to L2 as our other midfield players( which is why we have a squad), but some of the criticism he has suffered in this thread is unjust.

As a club, things have not been this good since the promotion season...yet a few still must moan at something. Shame on them.

Yes, the team is doing very well and we are all extremely pleased and I am sure that includes the "moaners". But we could do even better, and that is the point. I don't like the term "moaners" because I don't believe people on here want to criticise players for the sake of it. Their main focus is to improve the team even more. And we all know there is more than one way of skinning a cat. That is where the debate comes in. As in this thread, sometimes these healthy debates boil over and get personal. Nobody likes to see this including bystanders. I am sure we all want to hear other points of view. And let's be honest here, at the moment, out of the whole squad there seems to be only one really controversial player, so fans are mostly happy with the rest of the team. Yes, I know we have different opinions on other players but not to the same extent. Even Donnelly we seem to have come to a consensus on his strengths and weaknesses.

Dicker is highlighted at this critical time because the manager needs to make a decision whether to get rid or not. I'd like to think we are all like meerkats watching out for the sake of the rest of the pack. We are on Dicker watch and reporting back. That's healthy.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Dicker is not class. on 11:28 - Jan 23 with 1528 viewsSwissdale

People need to realise that just because things are good at the moment (good being an understatement), that doesn't make players exempt from criticism. When we are playing poorly we can still praise individual performances, so why not the opposite?

As for Dicker, some of the points raised on here in his defense are nothing short of laughable - it's reminiscent of people sticking up for Grimes as being 'too good for the rest of the team'. I don't understand the logic of people who believe if you're crap in league two you will become good in league one, nor why you can pass a ball more accurately if you stand 10 yards further up the field.

In my opinion, Dicker has not been good enough in a Dale shirt. He is sloppy in posession, weak in the tackle, misplaces too many passes and nothing special in the air. It would be interesting to read peoples opinions of him had he come from non-league, I personally think people's vision of him is being skewed by the fact that his last club was in the championship.

None of us know what he is being paid, but I don't believe his performances warrant him taking home a big wage.
Dicker is not class. on 11:30 - Jan 23 with 1520 viewsD_Alien

Dicker is not class. on 10:42 - Jan 23 by YouTubeDale

Yes, the team is doing very well and we are all extremely pleased and I am sure that includes the "moaners". But we could do even better, and that is the point. I don't like the term "moaners" because I don't believe people on here want to criticise players for the sake of it. Their main focus is to improve the team even more. And we all know there is more than one way of skinning a cat. That is where the debate comes in. As in this thread, sometimes these healthy debates boil over and get personal. Nobody likes to see this including bystanders. I am sure we all want to hear other points of view. And let's be honest here, at the moment, out of the whole squad there seems to be only one really controversial player, so fans are mostly happy with the rest of the team. Yes, I know we have different opinions on other players but not to the same extent. Even Donnelly we seem to have come to a consensus on his strengths and weaknesses.

Dicker is highlighted at this critical time because the manager needs to make a decision whether to get rid or not. I'd like to think we are all like meerkats watching out for the sake of the rest of the pack. We are on Dicker watch and reporting back. That's healthy.

Top notch post that, YTD

It now seems that people who have a different opinion are simply suffering from a lack of football knowledge. That's just about the most spurious argument I've heard, and would fit well with the Soviet concept of people who express anti-establishment political opinions suffering from a psychiatric problem.

This isn't about Dicker. It's simply about whether a forum is a place where all matters Dale and all matters football can be aired. I'm certainly not going to change just because some people have an over-simplistic view of life, or can't cope with critical (in the widest sense of the word) posts just because we're enjoying some success. I'm enjoying it just as much as anyone, and post far more positive things than otherwise.

Some people post pro-actively, and others simply react.

[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 11:37]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dicker is not class. on 11:50 - Jan 23 with 1474 viewsrobbowood

There are some excellent posts here on this topic which is good to see

If we think every player is going to be brilliant every match we are living in cloud cuckoo land. Accept each player has his strengths and weaknesses - and yes constructive criticism does no harm. It is the TEAM performance that counts

That Hilly can pick the team depending on the opposition, or a pile up of fixtures, shows just what a great squad we have. So when players come into the team (or on as sub) we shouldn't be comparing them with the player they have replaced as our formation and tactics change

If you listen to Radio Manchester it is amazing to hear City fans criticising some of their players - let's not go down that route

We are having a fantastic season and although we are bound to have some setbacks before the end of the season let's keep thinking positive !!!!
Dicker is not class. on 12:00 - Jan 23 with 1459 viewsNotEyreClue

Dicker is not class. on 11:30 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

Top notch post that, YTD

It now seems that people who have a different opinion are simply suffering from a lack of football knowledge. That's just about the most spurious argument I've heard, and would fit well with the Soviet concept of people who express anti-establishment political opinions suffering from a psychiatric problem.

This isn't about Dicker. It's simply about whether a forum is a place where all matters Dale and all matters football can be aired. I'm certainly not going to change just because some people have an over-simplistic view of life, or can't cope with critical (in the widest sense of the word) posts just because we're enjoying some success. I'm enjoying it just as much as anyone, and post far more positive things than otherwise.

Some laughable comments on here D_Alien I have to agree. It seems that If you don't agree with the 'majority' then you clearly don't have the mental capacity to understand their argument.

Of course it boils down to opinion whether DIcker had a positive impact when he came on against Plymouth. I for one completely disagree with that and thought we looked much more comfortable when Cavanagh was on the pitch.

However, the fact of the matter is that, in terms of central midfielders, Lund, Cav and Allen are all higher above Dicker in the pecking order. This is a man who apparently flourished in the Championship with Brighton and was seen as a coup when he came to the club. Of course, the fact he can't get into our midfield doesn't make him crap by proxy as we have a talented bunch there but, assuming he's on a decent wage, his performances have been way below par.

The thing is, whilst the result at Chesterfield was an excellent one in the circumstances (and I've posted my 'review' on another thread so I'm not a perennial 'moaner'), one of the main reasons we were so poor was due to the fact that the battle was well and truly being lost in midfield. Looking at the season objectively, it would take a moron to not recognise the fact that Hill is doing a fantastic job and that we're flying in the league. On a game by game basis we were poor against Chesterfield and I can see us consistently losing the midfield battle if Dicker plays the anchor role. You'd be hard pushed to criticise anyone if the performance at Chesterfield warranted a point and whilst the point was an excellent one, anyone at the game will tell you that we were gash.

Dicker is not class. on 12:01 - Jan 23 with 1452 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Dicker is not class. on 11:30 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

Top notch post that, YTD

"That's just about the most spurious argument I've heard, and would fit well with the Soviet concept of people who express anti-establishment political opinions suffering from a psychiatric problem."

Ffs D_Alien what an absolutely over-exaggerated, paranoid and truly ridiculous thing to post.

The debate is as simple as this:-

Some people say that whilst the team are playing so well, negativity is uncalled for and doesn't help the team.
Others, on the hand, say that negativity is nevertheless justified and does help the team.

Simple as that. Totalitarian regimes, and comparisons with, really, really, really have nowt to do with it.

Now stop being silly.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 12:02]

Dicker is not class. on 12:21 - Jan 23 with 1418 viewsD_Alien

Dicker is not class. on 12:01 - Jan 23 by BigDaveMyCock

"That's just about the most spurious argument I've heard, and would fit well with the Soviet concept of people who express anti-establishment political opinions suffering from a psychiatric problem."

Ffs D_Alien what an absolutely over-exaggerated, paranoid and truly ridiculous thing to post.

The debate is as simple as this:-

Some people say that whilst the team are playing so well, negativity is uncalled for and doesn't help the team.
Others, on the hand, say that negativity is nevertheless justified and does help the team.

Simple as that. Totalitarian regimes, and comparisons with, really, really, really have nowt to do with it.

Now stop being silly.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 12:02]

Justified criticism = negativity Right? Wrong.

Negativite posts on this forum don't help the team? Right? Wrong. No-one's taking a blind bit of notice within the club so it's irrelevant. It's just a forum, you idiot*

* and I use that word advisedly, not as personal abuse, but in its literal meaning
[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 12:26]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dicker is not class. on 12:30 - Jan 23 with 1388 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Dicker is not class. on 12:21 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

Justified criticism = negativity Right? Wrong.

Negativite posts on this forum don't help the team? Right? Wrong. No-one's taking a blind bit of notice within the club so it's irrelevant. It's just a forum, you idiot*

* and I use that word advisedly, not as personal abuse, but in its literal meaning
[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 12:26]

I couldn't give two shites about whether anyone in the club is taking any notice or the finites of justified criticism/negativity.

My post was about your ridiculous, paranoid and over-exaggerated comparison with the Soviet Union. I've noticed you didn't deal with that in your post.

The debate is simple and probably had all over the country with fans of different clubs. Don't take it so seriously because it aint.

Your the fookin idiot who feels compelled to raise comparisons with totalitarian regimes. Then you have the audacity to remind me that's it's just a forum!!

Prick*

* I use this word because your behaving like a right proper one.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 12:34]

Dicker is not class. on 13:10 - Jan 23 with 1330 viewsjudd

Dicker is not class. on 12:30 - Jan 23 by BigDaveMyCock

I couldn't give two shites about whether anyone in the club is taking any notice or the finites of justified criticism/negativity.

My post was about your ridiculous, paranoid and over-exaggerated comparison with the Soviet Union. I've noticed you didn't deal with that in your post.

The debate is simple and probably had all over the country with fans of different clubs. Don't take it so seriously because it aint.

Your the fookin idiot who feels compelled to raise comparisons with totalitarian regimes. Then you have the audacity to remind me that's it's just a forum!!

Prick*

* I use this word because your behaving like a right proper one.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 12:34]

Jesus wept, lads. You think we have it bad because someone is/isn't good/shit? My mate just got told his job is taking away for 7 months, touring with One fookin' Direction.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dicker is not class. on 13:18 - Jan 23 with 1319 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Dicker is not class. on 13:10 - Jan 23 by judd

Jesus wept, lads. You think we have it bad because someone is/isn't good/shit? My mate just got told his job is taking away for 7 months, touring with One fookin' Direction.

Poor sod, now that's worthy of comparisons with life in the Soviet Union.

Tell him to give that one with the big hair a good hiding. If he is not sure which one he is give them all a good hiding. In fact, yeah, on second thoughts, tell him to just give them all a good hiding.

Using D_Alien's logic, exposing them to such an act of wanton violent criticism should have them as good as the Beatles in no time.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 13:19]

Dicker is not class. on 13:26 - Jan 23 with 1296 views442Dale

When it happened to me, being called a prick was a reward for all my hard work.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024