Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food Ban 20:45 - Mar 26 with 6373 viewscoolslate

Has anyone else been banned from bringing Fish and Chips into the ground recentley, I was stopped last night against Portsmouth? I have written to the Directors for an explanation. They struggle to get good attendence as it is, but then alienate us with more stupid rules!
Food Ban on 20:54 - Mar 26 with 4867 views442Dale

It was discussed in one of Colin Garlick's video diaries on YouTube recently.
From 5:10mins.

However there was a whole family with their chippy tea in the main stand last night!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Food Ban on 20:56 - Mar 26 with 4851 viewsDaleaholic

Yes. I was stopped a few weeks ago. Annoying.

In one of his interviews, Colin Garlick explained the reasons behind it.

1) They believe the Morecambe smoke bomb was brought in in a fish and chip wrapper/tray.
2) Need to make as much money as possible from our own catering.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Food Ban on 21:16 - Mar 26 with 4782 viewsboromat

I think it's fair enough. Running a business at the end of the day and it's not like they stop you taking in flasks and cold snacks.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Food Ban on 21:25 - Mar 26 with 4737 viewsnordenblue

Food Ban on 21:16 - Mar 26 by boromat

I think it's fair enough. Running a business at the end of the day and it's not like they stop you taking in flasks and cold snacks.

If they sold fish and chips then they've got a good point,they struggle to get enough pies stocked up nevermind fish!!
Food Ban on 21:28 - Mar 26 with 4727 viewsTalkingSutty

Food Ban on 21:16 - Mar 26 by boromat

If they are running a business then why do they run out of food at half time and why do they have food kiosks closed and expect to service all the fans using one kiosk?

If they want to provide a service then make sure food is available for the duration of the game and open all the kiosks. Either do the job right or cut the fans some slack.
Food Ban on 21:29 - Mar 26 with 4721 viewsDaley_Lama

Not having a go coolslate, but would you take fish and chips into

A cinema
A cricket ground
A pub
A concert hall
A swimming bath
A theatre

etc etc etc?

Simple solution is to eat them outside then enter the ground. Fair enough a change in policy might have caught you out but it is kinda what goes on at most public venues.

Having said all of that I walked in with a brew last night, no problems. It was bought from the club at least I guess.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 21:30]

Poll: DF in or out

Food Ban on 10:35 - Mar 27 with 4460 viewsParkinsGimp

I agree eat them outside , my mate got a sausage and chips in on Tuesday and it really annnoyed me , fancied fish and chips after the smell LOL, but had to stick with the crud they serve in the ground , which as we know sells out too soon. But thats par for the course with this clubs commercial awareness.
But lets not alienate any fans at all.
Food Ban on 11:23 - Mar 27 with 4422 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Food Ban on 21:29 - Mar 26 by Daley_Lama

Not having a go coolslate, but would you take fish and chips into

A cinema
A cricket ground
A pub
A concert hall
A swimming bath
A theatre

etc etc etc?

Simple solution is to eat them outside then enter the ground. Fair enough a change in policy might have caught you out but it is kinda what goes on at most public venues.

Having said all of that I walked in with a brew last night, no problems. It was bought from the club at least I guess.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 21:30]

A concert hall..?

I've no idea on the dining etiquette from the 1940's Lama :-)
Login to get fewer ads

Food Ban on 11:29 - Mar 27 with 4409 viewsSuddenLad

If the catering products within the ground were worth buying, supporters would buy it. It is poor quality, ridiculously overpriced and a rip-off.

I don't blame anyone for buying food from elsewhere prior to the game. Of course the club can make whatever rules it wishes about what they allow supporters to bring into ground, but if they were serious about catering, they would have improved it a long time ago.

It's not long ago that they increased the price of a coffee by 20% and at the same time reduced the size of the cardboard cups by a third. If that's not ripping people off, I don't know what is.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Food Ban on 12:27 - Mar 27 with 4327 viewsoff2div1

Food Ban on 11:29 - Mar 27 by SuddenLad

If the catering products within the ground were worth buying, supporters would buy it. It is poor quality, ridiculously overpriced and a rip-off.

I don't blame anyone for buying food from elsewhere prior to the game. Of course the club can make whatever rules it wishes about what they allow supporters to bring into ground, but if they were serious about catering, they would have improved it a long time ago.

It's not long ago that they increased the price of a coffee by 20% and at the same time reduced the size of the cardboard cups by a third. If that's not ripping people off, I don't know what is.

Dale's prices a lot cheaper than 90% of other grounds £1.50 for a coffee is well below away grounds average £2.00

Food Ban on 16:24 - Mar 27 with 4166 viewsAtThePeake

Re: the smokebomb- do our stewards search away fans? Think the only place I've been searched in the last few years is Bury.

Tangled up in blue.

Food Ban on 16:58 - Mar 27 with 4128 viewsMoonyDale

Food Ban on 16:24 - Mar 27 by AtThePeake

Re: the smokebomb- do our stewards search away fans? Think the only place I've been searched in the last few years is Bury.

We were searched at Wycombe last Saturday.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Food Ban on 17:39 - Mar 27 with 4083 viewsSuddenLad

Food Ban on 12:27 - Mar 27 by off2div1

Dale's prices a lot cheaper than 90% of other grounds £1.50 for a coffee is well below away grounds average £2.00

Maybe, but that doesn't make Dale's products value for money. Any catering company that runs out of basic supplies before the relevant event is 50% completed wouldn't last long anywhere else. A crap product is exactly that, whatever you charge.

You can't blame supporters for snubbing the available poor quality fare on offer. If the club were serious about catering, things should have changed a long time ago.

Offering season ticket holders a "free burger voucher" for a product that you couldn't actually get inside the ground ?? Another con.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Food Ban on 18:12 - Mar 27 with 4045 viewsBeckWMG

I'm taking it that anyone who describes the catering as not up to standard hasn't yet had the pleasure of the Sandy Lane foot long hot dog!?
Food Ban on 18:48 - Mar 27 with 3984 viewsboromat

I don't think anyone goes out of the stadium at half time to buy fish and chips! At the start of the game when you bring fish and chips in there are plenty of pies available!

Yes the service can improve and they shouldn't run out at half time but in my eyes its unrelated.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Food Ban and Todays Match on 19:19 - Apr 5 with 3754 viewscoolslate

mmm some interesting comments and faitly valid points. However the club have not even had the decency to acknowledge my email or respond with a valid explanation. is that the best way to treat a long standing season ticket holder? In my line of business, customer is King (if not always right) and we always at the very least acknowledge correspondence. Shame on you Directors!

Cracking match today, pity we didn't manage to put any away, despite the chances. Welcome back Hogan and what a shot!
Food Ban on 19:31 - Apr 5 with 3701 viewsoff2div1

Can anyone tell me any Theater, Zoo,Cinema, Concert Hall,Theme Park or Sports Stadium were you could Take in your own Fish & Chips
Food Ban on 19:34 - Apr 5 with 3681 viewsDaley_Lama

Food Ban on 19:31 - Apr 5 by off2div1

Can anyone tell me any Theater, Zoo,Cinema, Concert Hall,Theme Park or Sports Stadium were you could Take in your own Fish & Chips

Theatre

Sorry for being anal but American spelling really does grip my pooh.

Poll: DF in or out

Food Ban and Todays Match on 20:00 - Apr 5 with 3608 views442Dale

Food Ban and Todays Match on 19:19 - Apr 5 by coolslate

mmm some interesting comments and faitly valid points. However the club have not even had the decency to acknowledge my email or respond with a valid explanation. is that the best way to treat a long standing season ticket holder? In my line of business, customer is King (if not always right) and we always at the very least acknowledge correspondence. Shame on you Directors!

Cracking match today, pity we didn't manage to put any away, despite the chances. Welcome back Hogan and what a shot!

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/club_charter/

Being fair, their charter says they "will respond to any contact from customers by telephone, email, letter, or fax within 14 days.", so any criticism is only valid after then. Also, it's possible the answer that you'll receive is probably covered in the YouTube video.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:10 - Apr 5 with 3459 viewstopoff

Food Ban and Todays Match on 21:10 - Apr 5 with 3459 viewstopoff

To be honest I think the board of directors have not got much better things to do than to reply to your points of view, if it was me it would have been filed under B for Bin. You must be seriously bored or have too much time on your hand to seriously send in a letter of complaint on what is such a trivial matter.
Food Ban on 21:26 - Apr 5 with 3427 viewsoff2div1

Food Ban on 19:34 - Apr 5 by Daley_Lama

Theatre

Sorry for being anal but American spelling really does grip my pooh.

Sorry I have been caught out by the anal spelling police & tell me do I give a Sh1t??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
[Post edited 5 Apr 2014 21:34]
Food Ban on 21:27 - Apr 5 with 3420 viewsjudd

Food Ban on 21:26 - Apr 5 by off2div1

Sorry I have been caught out by the anal spelling police & tell me do I give a Sh1t??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
[Post edited 5 Apr 2014 21:34]

Have you missed a question mark off the end of that sentence?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Food Ban on 21:39 - Apr 5 with 3384 viewsoff2div1

Food Ban on 21:27 - Apr 5 by judd

Have you missed a question mark off the end of that sentence?

Not a question just a fact.
Food Ban on 21:42 - Apr 5 with 3370 viewsD_Alien

Food Ban on 21:39 - Apr 5 by off2div1

Not a question just a fact.

That's not a sentence.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024