Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalties 00:38 - Jan 18 with 3789 viewsbatfink

After yet another miss today who would be your preferred penalty taker?
Penalties on 09:32 - Jan 18 with 3692 viewsoff2div1

Camps.Hope we don't have to go to pens against Stoke.
Penalties on 10:20 - Jan 18 with 3598 views_dezzy

Stephen Dawson,

KHBA

Penalties on 10:30 - Jan 18 with 3580 viewsDale_Mike

There was not much wrong with Vincenti's last penalty.
Penalties on 10:31 - Jan 18 with 3575 viewszxcvbnm

Vincenti or go with someone like Tanser who takes free kicks sometimes

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Penalties on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 3566 views_dezzy

Yeah also Vincenti, i'm sure he would of took it yesterday if he was on.

KHBA

Penalties on 12:02 - Jan 18 with 3467 viewsashes

Henderson, its his job.
Penalties on 12:29 - Jan 18 with 3424 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes, keep with Henderson. He knows how to duck if he hits the woodwork. Alternatively, TK is still on our books !!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Penalties on 12:36 - Jan 18 with 3414 viewsaleanddale

Penalties on 12:02 - Jan 18 by ashes

Henderson, its his job.

Hendo agree 100%
Login to get fewer ads

Penalties on 20:27 - Jan 18 with 3264 viewsDickydaler

Hendo for me too. He'll not miss the next one!!
Penalties on 20:43 - Jan 18 with 3219 viewsDaley_Lama

Henderson

The confidence to dink the cross-bar v Bradford having hit the cross-bar with the previous one shows the strength of mind needed to take a pen.

Poll: DF in or out

Penalties on 09:00 - Jan 19 with 3068 viewswimborne_dale

Penalties on 20:43 - Jan 18 by Daley_Lama

Henderson

The confidence to dink the cross-bar v Bradford having hit the cross-bar with the previous one shows the strength of mind needed to take a pen.

And to hit just the right bit of the cross bar to set up Vencenti was sublime!

Edgar Allan's Crow

Penalties on 12:37 - Jan 19 with 2973 viewsdingdangblue

Penalties on 10:30 - Jan 18 by Dale_Mike

There was not much wrong with Vincenti's last penalty.

Well it went in - which if that means it was a good penalty then fine - but it wasn't a particularly well struck penalty or well placed in the corner - luckily the keeper diving the wrong way. Henderson has previously scored 3 or 4 penalties for us before his 2 misses so I've got no qualms about him being able to do it again. The 2 misses were a well struck effort against the bar and a cocky chip (which I am sorry - but you wouldn't even attempt this if you felt any sort of pressure taking it). Like I said in a previous thread I was surprised Hendo didn't take it on Saturday - especially with him having had the boost of a goal already in the 1st half. If we get a penalty v Oldham or Stoke I really hope he steps up to bury it.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 12:37]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Penalties on 12:48 - Jan 19 with 2942 viewsfrenzied

Perhaps we should try something completely different,,,... can you still pass the ball to a another player at a penalty ?
Penalties on 12:49 - Jan 19 with 2941 viewssmudge

Penalties on 12:37 - Jan 19 by dingdangblue

Well it went in - which if that means it was a good penalty then fine - but it wasn't a particularly well struck penalty or well placed in the corner - luckily the keeper diving the wrong way. Henderson has previously scored 3 or 4 penalties for us before his 2 misses so I've got no qualms about him being able to do it again. The 2 misses were a well struck effort against the bar and a cocky chip (which I am sorry - but you wouldn't even attempt this if you felt any sort of pressure taking it). Like I said in a previous thread I was surprised Hendo didn't take it on Saturday - especially with him having had the boost of a goal already in the 1st half. If we get a penalty v Oldham or Stoke I really hope he steps up to bury it.

Henderson thinks he's doing the crossbar challenge lol
Penalties on 16:37 - Jan 19 with 2840 viewsrobbowood

Penalties on 12:48 - Jan 19 by frenzied

Perhaps we should try something completely different,,,... can you still pass the ball to a another player at a penalty ?

as long as the ball goes forwards from memory (there was an instance in the Football League many years ago where a team did this and scored)
Penalties on 20:56 - Jan 19 with 2742 viewsNerazzurri

Penalties on 16:37 - Jan 19 by robbowood

as long as the ball goes forwards from memory (there was an instance in the Football League many years ago where a team did this and scored)

Arsenal tried it about 10 years ago but made a complete mess of it. Danny Mills was less than impressed with Robert Pires at the time!

Forza Nerazzurri

Penalties on 22:30 - Jan 19 with 2679 viewsAtThePeake

I would take a poorly struck penalty that goes in the net over two well struck penalties that hit the bar.

Vincenti should take the next pen for me. Took 1, scored 1 - can't ask for more than that.

Tangled up in blue.

Penalties on 23:06 - Jan 19 with 2635 viewsTVOS1907

Penalties on 22:30 - Jan 19 by AtThePeake

I would take a poorly struck penalty that goes in the net over two well struck penalties that hit the bar.

Vincenti should take the next pen for me. Took 1, scored 1 - can't ask for more than that.

I'd agree with that, ATP. There was also Henderson's at Colchester, which the keeper almost saved.

If Vincenti's on, let him take them.

Failing that, get Rose back in the starting eleven......

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Penalties on 23:30 - Jan 19 with 2618 viewsDale_Mike

Lucky the keeper dived the wrong way? Possibly, or maybe he was sent the wrong way by Vincenti's run up / body language / eyes etc - a useful thing to be able to do given the situation and the ball was certainly stuck with conviction.

Was also surprised that Hendo didn't take it on Saturday and said to the bloke in front of me before Done missed that it was the perfect opportunity for him to get back into the groove — like you say he already had a goal plus the team was 2-0 up and cruising.

I would have thought there are some sort of team orders so maybe Hendo was / is down the penalty pecking order after his last two efforts. Having said that there are plenty of examples of team-mates arguing / deciding on the pitch as to who takes it (Baines & Mirallas tonight for one) so who knows how it works.
Penalties on 23:41 - Jan 19 with 2604 viewsD_Alien

Penalties on 23:30 - Jan 19 by Dale_Mike

Lucky the keeper dived the wrong way? Possibly, or maybe he was sent the wrong way by Vincenti's run up / body language / eyes etc - a useful thing to be able to do given the situation and the ball was certainly stuck with conviction.

Was also surprised that Hendo didn't take it on Saturday and said to the bloke in front of me before Done missed that it was the perfect opportunity for him to get back into the groove — like you say he already had a goal plus the team was 2-0 up and cruising.

I would have thought there are some sort of team orders so maybe Hendo was / is down the penalty pecking order after his last two efforts. Having said that there are plenty of examples of team-mates arguing / deciding on the pitch as to who takes it (Baines & Mirallas tonight for one) so who knows how it works.

Done wasn't going to pass up on taking a spot kick again, after Vincenti had wrestled the ball off him against Forest.

Back to Hendo now.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Penalties on 04:17 - Jan 20 with 2546 viewsdavidab2202

Surely any professional footballer should be capable of taking and scoring from a penalty kick so the choice comes down to the one who wants to take them,but he must be confident enough when placing that ball on the spot that there is no way he is going to miss.
Note that the most named players on here are the more recognised goalscorers,but as an older Dale fan possibly (unless memory is playing tricks) one of the best penalty takers was Stan Milburn who was a full back.
Again a mention is given on here to Leighton Baines not taking a penalty for Everton last night and the penalty being missed.Bet there is no doubt who will take the next one for Everton
Penalties on 09:26 - Jan 20 with 2509 viewsfitzochris

Penalties on 04:17 - Jan 20 by davidab2202

Surely any professional footballer should be capable of taking and scoring from a penalty kick so the choice comes down to the one who wants to take them,but he must be confident enough when placing that ball on the spot that there is no way he is going to miss.
Note that the most named players on here are the more recognised goalscorers,but as an older Dale fan possibly (unless memory is playing tricks) one of the best penalty takers was Stan Milburn who was a full back.
Again a mention is given on here to Leighton Baines not taking a penalty for Everton last night and the penalty being missed.Bet there is no doubt who will take the next one for Everton

Yeah, I think the consensus last night was that Mirallas snatched up the duty, rather than that it was allocated to him.

Another, unrelated thing about last night's game, is that I'm noticing these so-called progressive football sides (Everton, Swansea et al) seem increasingly scared of crossing a ball into the box.

Is it a percentages thing? By that I mean that sides who play incisive, possession football deem crossing as a sure fire way to lose possession and be susceptible to the counter?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024