Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Bunney 17:58 - Feb 21 with 12155 viewsrochdale1987

Sorry for those who feel this didn't need a new thread, but this guy was woeful today, he may aswell have been sat in willbutts.

We were missing an outlet up front all game, and I'd of rather started will Nyal Bell than Bunney, I could understand him saying he was starting bell and going with Brandy, but to then start bunney was a but odd, surely bell is a better option and I'm staggered that either him, brandy or rnl weren't introduced in Joe's place earlier.

Hope to see brandy soon or that we get someone in on loan.

That said, we won a scrappy game of football and I'm happy, however we can't keep playing Bunney and expecting miracles.
Joe Bunney on 18:03 - Feb 21 with 6542 viewsinthenet

The guy gave everything today he kept the back four working constantly , he was knackered for the last 15mins and a change should have been made... But don't underestimate the work he put in 9/10 in my book

Rastrickblue

Joe Bunney on 18:07 - Feb 21 with 6496 viewsolympicdale

Joe Bunney on 18:03 - Feb 21 by inthenet

The guy gave everything today he kept the back four working constantly , he was knackered for the last 15mins and a change should have been made... But don't underestimate the work he put in 9/10 in my book

"he kept the back four working constantly"

I must have slept through that, he never once made them look remotely worried, the reason he was so knackered was because he's clearly not fit enough for this level.

Life is a game of fate.

Joe Bunney on 18:13 - Feb 21 with 6424 viewsTalkingSutty

If Bunney had been a horse they would have had him put down at the end. He had run his race and was dead on his feet.

Second half he got a bit more involved but he doesn't have the physical presence to worry a decent centre half. I prefer him playing out wide but having said everything he can't be faulted for his effort today.
Joe Bunney on 18:14 - Feb 21 with 6416 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Joe Bunney on 18:07 - Feb 21 by olympicdale

I must have slept through that, he never once made them look remotely worried, the reason he was so knackered was because he's clearly not fit enough for this level.

You must have slept through the amount of times their centre halves and full backs just cleared the ball into the stands then. That came about because of the pressure Bunney and others were putting on them.

Still, he's not good enough. Ran his arse off but doesn't have the quality.
Joe Bunney on 18:17 - Feb 21 with 6376 viewsChaffRAFC

Joe Bunney on 18:07 - Feb 21 by olympicdale

He ran around second half and worked hard but first half he was worse than garbage.

I could understand if he had one thing he really excelled at, like if he had blistering pace, or if he was good in the air, or if he can beat people, he doesn't seem comfortable doing anything. He's certainly not fast in the slightest. he's about as strong as a cocktail stick and could barely get to the ball in front of his marker at any point.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Joe Bunney on 18:19 - Feb 21 with 6356 viewsrochdale1987

Most times when he could be chasing down the ball or jumping for headers etc, he doesn't look interested, maybe he is giving his all and he's just incapable of certain things, all I know is he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven, be it up front, left back, in goal or wherever hilly plays him lol
Joe Bunney on 18:20 - Feb 21 with 6343 viewsupthedale89

Fair play to joe for his work rate but half of his running was him chasing his first touch. We got the win but joe missed the best chance of the game which we can't afford to miss. Bring joe on for last 10/15 let him run his balls off.
But please Keith don't think he is the answer
Joe Bunney on 18:23 - Feb 21 with 6322 viewsmacro

I think he played ok but his legs were gone on 70 and he should have been subbed
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Bunney on 18:25 - Feb 21 with 6292 viewsD_Alien

If you were to ask me, I reckon Hilly thought Joe deserved a chance up front after exposing him to the torture of playing fullback. Not expecting him to start next Tuesday; it'll take him all week to get his legs back.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 18:26]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Joe Bunney on 18:37 - Feb 21 with 6193 viewspnc4eva1

Played okay. Lots of effort like George with little end product. Still his chasing down meant their defence Ce had to get shut of the ball quickly

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Joe Bunney on 18:43 - Feb 21 with 6136 views49thseason

If all we wanted from a centre forward was workrate, we could have kept Donnelly.

Bunney looked to have something about him in L2 but he looked mentally and physically lacking this afternoon. I don't expect Joe is being paid much and if the penny suddenly does drop with him and he starts to gain some substance to his frame and a sense of urgency there might be a player in there.

L1 is tough and he seems to lack the professional "hardness" that is needed to unsettle defenders and take the chance when it comes, maybe its a confidence thing and I hope he comes good but he looks to have regressed.Still he is only 21 , anything can happen.
Joe Bunney on 18:45 - Feb 21 with 6109 viewsBrighouseDale

Let's not forget he's still only a young lad. I agree he wasn't superb today, but he didn't pick himself to play for 90 minutes. I'm sure with time Hilly will work his magic on Bunney, but he's certainly not ready to play a full game at the moment.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Joe Bunney on 19:04 - Feb 21 with 6002 viewsKenBoon

He did okay and worked hard. Hill should have taken him off though. He was clearly shattered.
Joe Bunney on 19:24 - Feb 21 with 5910 viewsArthurDaley

Leave him alone, he's the next Dave Cross,

A large VAT Dave

Joe Bunney on 19:41 - Feb 21 with 5838 viewsNinco

I felt the same about Tom Kennedy. I don't know where it all went wrong, but he is nothing like the player he used to be.
Joe Bunney on 19:43 - Feb 21 with 5824 viewsnordenblue

Joe Bunney on 19:41 - Feb 21 by Ninco

I felt the same about Tom Kennedy. I don't know where it all went wrong, but he is nothing like the player he used to be.

How you can say that after today is staggering to put it mildly
Joe Bunney on 19:49 - Feb 21 with 5803 views442Dale

Joe Bunney on 19:43 - Feb 21 by nordenblue

How you can say that after today is staggering to put it mildly

Yeah, I thought Kennedy had a steady game today. A Wayne Evans of a fullback performance.

I wasn't that impressed in his previous two spells, and on both occasions he hasnt lasted long but he's started well this time. What stood out was that he made excellent choices on when to go forward and positionally he got it right more often than not. Tanser needed the rest.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joe Bunney on 20:05 - Feb 21 with 5747 viewsdogboy

This lad is a work in progress and I totally agree with what Hilly is doing, he has passion and an wonderful feeling for the club (last seasons last game coming down with the fans (kids) and being brilliant with them.
Playing in defence will work his strength and awareness and build him up
Let him go and Shrewsbury and Burton will pick him up for next season and guess what!
Joe Bunney on 20:08 - Feb 21 with 5722 viewsTalkingSutty

Joe Bunney on 20:05 - Feb 21 by dogboy

This lad is a work in progress and I totally agree with what Hilly is doing, he has passion and an wonderful feeling for the club (last seasons last game coming down with the fans (kids) and being brilliant with them.
Playing in defence will work his strength and awareness and build him up
Let him go and Shrewsbury and Burton will pick him up for next season and guess what!

Joe Bunney on 20:19 - Feb 21 with 5667 viewsdale_spotland

Joe Bunney on 19:49 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

Yeah, I thought Kennedy had a steady game today. A Wayne Evans of a fullback performance.

I wasn't that impressed in his previous two spells, and on both occasions he hasnt lasted long but he's started well this time. What stood out was that he made excellent choices on when to go forward and positionally he got it right more often than not. Tanser needed the rest.

Agreed, was a bit disappointed when we signed him but thought TK was excellent today.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Joe Bunney on 20:32 - Feb 21 with 5622 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Also unconvinced with Joe.......the ball did n't run for him today and I think he was a tad frustrated.........poor decision making too. Logan got to the bye line on two good occasions first half and put in low crosses which Bunney could have gambled on...only to be gobbled up by big Tommy Lee.

Not got the work ethic or engine of Matty Done.

Like joe Thompson.....one for the future>
Joe Bunney on 20:36 - Feb 21 with 5599 viewsstuartcryer

Joe unfortunately is not good enough for this level again we have not been left with a ready replacement for done if so where was he today. sold short again

wardle blue

Joe Bunney on 20:45 - Feb 21 with 5564 viewsrochdale1987

Joe Bunney on 19:41 - Feb 21 by Ninco

Thought Kennedy was good today, very solid. People who say he isn't what he used to be are remembering him for when he used to overlap and be more attack minded, I think with age he has improved defensively and I thought he made up part of the back line very well today
Joe Bunney on 21:46 - Feb 21 with 5427 viewsD_Alien

Joe Bunney on 20:45 - Feb 21 by rochdale1987

Thought Kennedy was good today, very solid. People who say he isn't what he used to be are remembering him for when he used to overlap and be more attack minded, I think with age he has improved defensively and I thought he made up part of the back line very well today

TK's defensive solidity was complemented by several incisive attacking overlaps. For me, couldn't ask for more from a fullback. Welcome back Tom - the top knot's gone but a top notch performance.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Joe Bunney on 01:36 - Feb 22 with 5194 viewsDaley_Lama

100% with thee D_Alien on TK.

ps. His cross that Peter V didn't quite stick home in the first half was awesome, best chance of the game before we scored.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024