Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Dawson 10:05 - May 14 with 10116 viewssweetcorn

Heard whispers of Dawson heading to shrewsbury, they've apparently offered to double what we have offered him.

Shit news.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Stephen Dawson on 10:36 - May 14 with 7996 viewsShun

Shit news but only because I expected him to do better. I was resigned to him leaving, but I thought it'd be a top League One club or a lower Championship club.
Stephen Dawson on 10:45 - May 14 with 7954 viewstazzydjr

there is nothing as of yet in the mainstream media i really hope this is just a rumor

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Stephen Dawson on 11:16 - May 14 with 7878 viewsSuddenLad

I think we all need to accept the fact that Dawson is leaving. It's been rumoured for a good while. I'm not bothered where he ends up. If he doesn't want to stay, he can go.

As long as he remembers who came for him at time when his name was tainted and plenty might not have taken the risk.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stephen Dawson on 11:57 - May 14 with 7777 viewsWhiteyBFC

Stephen Dawson on 11:16 - May 14 by SuddenLad

I think we all need to accept the fact that Dawson is leaving. It's been rumoured for a good while. I'm not bothered where he ends up. If he doesn't want to stay, he can go.

As long as he remembers who came for him at time when his name was tainted and plenty might not have taken the risk.

He was offered a new deal here, on reduced terms. He rejected it expecting to get more somewhere else. But after not getting a contract offer from Bradford after a trial, he soon realised the interest wasn't there and signed for Dale on less than we'd even offered him.

Proper myth that nobody else wanted him due to that match-fixing nonsense. He assumed he could get more money, simple as that.
Stephen Dawson on 12:13 - May 14 with 7721 viewsD_Alien

Stephen Dawson on 11:57 - May 14 by WhiteyBFC

He was offered a new deal here, on reduced terms. He rejected it expecting to get more somewhere else. But after not getting a contract offer from Bradford after a trial, he soon realised the interest wasn't there and signed for Dale on less than we'd even offered him.

Proper myth that nobody else wanted him due to that match-fixing nonsense. He assumed he could get more money, simple as that.

And nothing wrong with that (I'm not assuming you think there is).

He's becoming a bit of a journeyman though. I'd question what his motivation levels will be. As far as I'm concerned, he pulled his tripe out in a Dale shirt (when fit) but the older he gets and more injury-prone, the less any club will get out of him.

Would I like to see him stay? Sure. But it's not such a big deal, and he's not quite good enough for us to want to push the limits on our wages bill.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stephen Dawson on 12:16 - May 14 with 7707 viewsYorkshire_Dale

He would have been a great acquisition for Bradford.......how did they not want him.

Dale need his tenacity.....pity.
Stephen Dawson on 12:23 - May 14 with 7678 viewsupthedale89

People call players when there holding out from signing a contract and question there loyality. but think how they feel you work hard all season run your balls off and get the club in a great position then they go and sell MATTY done a major goal scorer in january to a promotion rival.

sell scott hogan a major goal threat replace him with jack muldoon.

we all love rochdale and am sure players do to but we all know deep down the board probably dont want us to go to the next level
Stephen Dawson on 13:42 - May 14 with 7468 viewsKnowlesy

Stephen Dawson on 12:23 - May 14 by upthedale89

People call players when there holding out from signing a contract and question there loyality. but think how they feel you work hard all season run your balls off and get the club in a great position then they go and sell MATTY done a major goal scorer in january to a promotion rival.

we all love rochdale and am sure players do to but we all know deep down the board probably dont want us to go to the next level

and if we hadn't sold hogan, and he'd got injured as he is now, he'd be leaving on a free when his contract ran out having played a handful, if that, of extra games for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Dawson on 14:17 - May 14 with 7366 viewsmoth5368

While I, for one, would be over the moon if he stayed, I can understand why he would move on given a beter offer elsewhere. I can't understand why as fans we would expect the same loyalty toward the club from players or managers that we show. It's their job to play for the club and if I was offered a massive wage increase (or even a small one) to work elsewhere I'd more than likely take it.
Stephen Dawson on 14:22 - May 14 with 7355 viewszxcvbnm

It didn’t work out with Muldoon - he never got back after his injury pre-season.

Every time you buy a player from non-league it’s a risk - Jon Shaw was going to be the best signing ever didn’t work out. Hogan did - swings and roundabouts

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Stephen Dawson on 14:52 - May 14 with 7264 viewsisitme

I would argue that many people understand if players leave to chase higher wages and better conditions. I mean who wouldn't leave their current employer if someone else would at least double their wages, give them a bonus for joining and offer them better working conditions. In the lower leagues players can be one major injury away from ending up on the scrap heap.

If Dawson signs for someone else who offers him more money, fair play to him. When he was fit he played well, although I would question his durability and ultimately value for money, when budgets are tight.

Players come and go, the club still carries on.
Stephen Dawson on 16:57 - May 14 with 6983 viewsWhiteyBFC

Stephen Dawson on 12:16 - May 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

He would have been a great acquisition for Bradford.......how did they not want him.

Dale need his tenacity.....pity.

They were looking at Hassell, Dawson and a lad who pitched up at Crawley (name escapes me, midfielder though) but had told them that no offers would be made at that point as they were waiting for news on other bids etc. Steve Parkin is pally with Hassell and I think it was more of a friend helping a friend there. He then got that lucrative Indian deal anyway. Dawson would have been ideal though, as you say.
Stephen Dawson on 18:05 - May 14 with 6827 viewsaleanddale

With regret I also heard bury have also sat down with Dawson and tabled a 3 year deal...

And they have Carrington.
Stephen Dawson on 18:14 - May 14 with 6795 views442Dale

Stephen Dawson on 14:52 - May 14 by isitme

I would argue that many people understand if players leave to chase higher wages and better conditions. I mean who wouldn't leave their current employer if someone else would at least double their wages, give them a bonus for joining and offer them better working conditions. In the lower leagues players can be one major injury away from ending up on the scrap heap.

If Dawson signs for someone else who offers him more money, fair play to him. When he was fit he played well, although I would question his durability and ultimately value for money, when budgets are tight.

Players come and go, the club still carries on.

Exactly this. Dawson did a good job for us last season, but I'd prefer a fit Matty Lund over him in the box to box role.

Bennett, Allen and Lund would be the midfield three as we stand right now, but there will be reinforcements.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stephen Dawson on 19:23 - May 14 with 6642 viewssandylaner1

Stephen Dawson on 18:05 - May 14 by aleanddale

With regret I also heard bury have also sat down with Dawson and tabled a 3 year deal...

And they have Carrington.

Stephen Dawson on 19:38 - May 14 with 6588 viewszxcvbnm

I think what can be taken from all these rumours is one thing, the odds are Dawson will be playing his football for someone other than Rochdale next season

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Stephen Dawson on 19:42 - May 14 with 6568 viewsdale_spotland

Stephen Dawson on 19:38 - May 14 by zxcvbnm

I think what can be taken from all these rumours is one thing, the odds are Dawson will be playing his football for someone other than Rochdale next season

I will be very surprised if he doesn't end up at Bury.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Stephen Dawson on 20:23 - May 14 with 6473 viewsceme_ender

Stephen Dawson on 19:42 - May 14 by dale_spotland

I will be very surprised if he doesn't end up at Bury.

There is absolutely zero chance Stephen Dawson will be signing for us next season. Dont get me wrong he is a very good player who i liked a lot when he played for us. We have a centre midfield trio of soures, utuhu and tutte who have all done well and i cant see him dropping any of them to replace them wh dawson. He's not needed on the wage he will be looking for. We've also given contracts to two midfielders from the youth team.i think we'll pretty much go with what we have apart from a keeper and two centre halfs. I also dont think flitcroft would try and sign a player that his best mate is trying to sign.
Stephen Dawson on 22:20 - May 14 with 6250 viewsmacro

Tutte is being chased by a championship club. A friend of mine who scouts for the club has recommended they move for him this summer. Of course it might not come off -
Stephen Dawson on 23:17 - May 14 with 6120 viewsjohnn

Very good player,we missed at the end of season,he would have made a difference in the centre of midfield but if the wages elsewhere are better he will go as did Done --end of
Stephen Dawson on 00:12 - May 15 with 6046 viewsWhiteyBFC

Stephen Dawson on 20:23 - May 14 by ceme_ender

There is absolutely zero chance Stephen Dawson will be signing for us next season. Dont get me wrong he is a very good player who i liked a lot when he played for us. We have a centre midfield trio of soures, utuhu and tutte who have all done well and i cant see him dropping any of them to replace them wh dawson. He's not needed on the wage he will be looking for. We've also given contracts to two midfielders from the youth team.i think we'll pretty much go with what we have apart from a keeper and two centre halfs. I also dont think flitcroft would try and sign a player that his best mate is trying to sign.

Dawson is a better midfielder than Kelvin bloody Etuhu.
Stephen Dawson on 08:54 - May 15 with 5871 viewsAtThePeake

Stephen Dawson on 00:12 - May 15 by WhiteyBFC

I really was hoping nobody would give him the satisfaction.

Tangled up in blue.

Stephen Dawson on 09:13 - May 15 with 5831 viewsRosun

I'm a better midfielder than Kelvin Ethuuuu
Stephen Dawson on 09:30 - May 15 with 5787 viewsDaleiLama

Stephen Dawson on 09:13 - May 15 by Rosun

I'm a better midfielder than Kelvin Ethuuuu

Not in those boots!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stephen Dawson on 09:49 - May 15 with 5756 viewsBarryStrange

To be fair Whitey, Etuhu now is much, much better than the player that left Barnsley. We know this because we had to suffer the crap version to the end of January.

His screening of the back 4 has been a huge factor in why we were impossible to score against away from home at the back end of the season. And since Andrew Tutte has been mentioned, he is unrecognisable from the mardy sulk merchant we signed too - he has been running his absolute nads off since Christmas.

Not saying Dawson isn't better than Etuhu, we have had both and Dawson's relentless tenacity can save or win you games, but someone mentioned the idea of him coming to Bury and I just can't see it. We have problems to fix - trying to keep Mayor, need a centre half, desperately need a keeper and a striker not made of chalk that isn't Hallam Hope. I don't think trying to nick Dawson off Dale would be a priority.

However, remembering the circumstances of his leaving Bury (absolutely phoned in the last 2 months of the season and toddled off to Leyton Orient), I certainly suspect the Dale fans have called him right that his agent is off touting him round anywhere that will listen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024