Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman's Xmas Message 15:06 - Dec 23 with 3239 viewsdeeplishblue

Stirring stuff.....
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/the-chairmans-christmas-messag

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Chairman's Xmas Message on 15:11 - Dec 23 with 3222 viewsjudd

That statement is deserving of a statement of its' own.

Excellent stuff, highlighting ambition and action on pricing.

Next time you walk into the pub after a game and "bloke in the pub" asks how "we" went on, tell him to get his fookin' arse up to Spotland and find out himself in future.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chairman's Xmas Message on 15:14 - Dec 23 with 3204 viewsboromat

Great statement and rallying cry to us fans to spread the word. Really hope we can change the attendance issue around.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Chairman's Xmas Message on 16:12 - Dec 23 with 3071 viewsJumeirahDale

As well as the rallying cry, the first half alone is inspiring - ridiculous how much has been achieved this year.
Chairman's Xmas Message on 16:18 - Dec 23 with 3042 viewsD_Alien

Fabulous message from our chairman.

There's also a statement within a statement - special mention for Calvin. In my post after the Scunthorpe game I referred to how Calvin had responded to the fans at the final whistle, and I'm really pleased to see the chairman singling this out as an example of Team Rochdale.

Sometimes, you don't have to spell things out, or respond to demands for words. Chris Dunphy has bided his time, chosen the right moment, and said everything we need to know about how Calvin - but not just one player, all committed Dale players - are viewed within the club. And doesn't it just bode well for the future of the club!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman's Xmas Message on 16:19 - Dec 23 with 3039 viewsrobbowood

We have the best Chairman (and board of directors) in the Football League - he is a Dale supporter through and through and what more could we ask for

Few clubs are run the way we have been since Chris became Chairman - long may it continue !!
Chairman's Xmas Message on 16:42 - Dec 23 with 2959 viewsaleanddale

Brilliant...

Merry Christmas to you as well Chris and your family.

Simply put - Thank You.
Chairman's Xmas Message on 16:43 - Dec 23 with 2952 viewsDaleiLama

Very good messages and ambition shown here and applause all round.

I think some of the frustration Chris alludes to is a consequence of past policies and mistakes made. If lessons have been learned and a more open, inclusive atmosphere is blowing in with storm Barbara, that will inevitably start to reap rewards in the future.

It's like a lot of businesses - often much more difficult to lure back disenfranchised customers than win new ones. If they listen to what the paying public want and give it to them (within reason) then crowds should slowly return. Fix the stuff that isn't right or broken. Start the snowball rolling and hope for the momentum to gather .................

UTD

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Chairman's Xmas Message on 16:47 - Dec 23 with 2934 viewsaleanddale

What was the outpouring of emotion ( big calv ) ?

Must admit I had to rush off on the final whistle I normally stay around to applaud.

Was it really? Amazed not mentioned before.
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman's Xmas Message on 16:52 - Dec 23 with 2918 viewsdeeplishblue

Chairman's Xmas Message on 16:47 - Dec 23 by aleanddale

What was the outpouring of emotion ( big calv ) ?

Must admit I had to rush off on the final whistle I normally stay around to applaud.

Was it really? Amazed not mentioned before.

At the end of the game Calvin came over to the main stand to give out handshakes, high fives and hugs.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Chairman's Xmas Message on 17:34 - Dec 23 with 2816 viewsLS27Rdale

Hang on a tick.....

Has no one said, CD was inspired by reading this board?

Why has no one taken credit on this board for the excellent work that has gone on?

Where the "slap on the back" thread?

Lets see who has a sense of Humour?
Chairman's Xmas Message on 17:40 - Dec 23 with 2799 viewsColDale

It reinforces the special times that we are living in as Dale supporters. We've genuinely never had it as good. Hopefully with RG at the helm, we'll have a real push on attendances rather than just talking about it with fingers crossed. It's criminal when you look back at the seasons with a higher average home following than this when you consider what we are consistently served up.
Chairman's Xmas Message on 18:04 - Dec 23 with 2744 viewsfitzochris

A great message that. A plea to fans to spread the word. Perhaps people will even respond this time. I hope so. I've said before on here that I find it incredible our attendances are lower now than when the product on offer was nowhere near as good. There are a lot of indifferent people in the town when it comes to Dale and it isn't all down to finances. Something has to get through to them. Hopefully this is it.

I disagree that the mention of Calvin has anything to do with his transgression and a "demand for words" and more to do with the fact he is a classic example of Keith Hill enhancing players' careers and he is the type of pro who typifies Team Rochdale when it comes to community and fan engagement.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Chairman's Xmas Message on 18:13 - Dec 23 with 2719 views442Dale

It's a really refreshing and positive read with the emphasis on addressing the mistakes made in the past around sustaining and building the fanbase.

Bet it makes for great reading a few miles down the road too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chairman's Xmas Message on 19:28 - Dec 23 with 2553 viewsR17ALE

Chairman's Xmas Message on 18:13 - Dec 23 by 442Dale

It's a really refreshing and positive read with the emphasis on addressing the mistakes made in the past around sustaining and building the fanbase.

Bet it makes for great reading a few miles down the road too.

I have sometimes wondered, following Manager interviews and Chairman's statements, if there is a hint of "this is how you do it" aimed at other clubs nearby.

I'm sure it isn't intended in this way, and it's probably my warped thinking.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Chairman's Xmas Message on 19:40 - Dec 23 with 2505 viewsSandyman

Chairman's Xmas Message on 19:28 - Dec 23 by R17ALE

I have sometimes wondered, following Manager interviews and Chairman's statements, if there is a hint of "this is how you do it" aimed at other clubs nearby.

I'm sure it isn't intended in this way, and it's probably my warped thinking.

Probably. One club I can think of has far bigger, better plans for the future in its dreams, fantasies, debts, music festival, car park, aparthotel, imaginary £millions from the sale of youth team players, winding up orders, losing streak, league position etc etc*

*missed out housing estate

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024