Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15m hogan 18:00 - Dec 28 with 9685 viewsmodelboydave

According to the football league paper, Brentford won't let Hogan go in Jan unless an offer of 15M comes in.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

15m hogan on 16:03 - Dec 29 with 1884 viewsBigKindo

15m hogan on 13:56 - Dec 29 by judd

Brilliant thoughts.

Didn't Bury in recent years have some excellent trade contacts for settees and things?
15m hogan on 16:18 - Dec 29 with 1818 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 16:03 - Dec 29 by BigKindo

Didn't Bury in recent years have some excellent trade contacts for settees and things?

Probably did for buckets

Poll: What is it to be then?

15m hogan on 17:41 - Dec 29 with 1650 viewsSwissdale

15m hogan on 13:25 - Dec 29 by BigKindo

in times of low interest rates spare capital should be used to pay off debt

I would have thought the exact opposite was true, as borrowing money is incredibly cheap at the moment.

As for any money, I'd like to see the following three (in order of importance)

1 - Ofsetting loss of ticket income from offering severely reduced season ticket for a 2/3 season period.

2 - Investing in the main stand facilities to modernise the matchday experience, and make a half-decent function venue. (Awful at the moment, dated boxed, 1990s carpets and decor, even worse toilets). Quite annoying that the club have only decided to do this in the directors bar so far.

3 - Converting half of the Pearl Street stand into rail terracing. It would allow for a better atmosphere to be created at the ground for existing supporters, as well as generating LOTS of national press and attention for the club.

4 - Keep some aside to ensure the continuous existence of RAFC.

It's really pleasing to see that the fans are all really on board for the prudent approach our club has become to represent, on the second page of the thread and nobody has suggesting splashing out on a player!
15m hogan on 17:54 - Dec 29 with 1620 viewsrochdaleriddler

15m hogan on 17:41 - Dec 29 by Swissdale

I would have thought the exact opposite was true, as borrowing money is incredibly cheap at the moment.

1 - Ofsetting loss of ticket income from offering severely reduced season ticket for a 2/3 season period.

2 - Investing in the main stand facilities to modernise the matchday experience, and make a half-decent function venue. (Awful at the moment, dated boxed, 1990s carpets and decor, even worse toilets). Quite annoying that the club have only decided to do this in the directors bar so far.

3 - Converting half of the Pearl Street stand into rail terracing. It would allow for a better atmosphere to be created at the ground for existing supporters, as well as generating LOTS of national press and attention for the club.

It's really pleasing to see that the fans are all really on board for the prudent approach our club has become to represent, on the second page of the thread and nobody has suggesting splashing out on a player!

maybe a little splash!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

15m hogan on 18:03 - Dec 29 with 1577 viewsD_Alien

I think 4) would play a big part, once a basic upgrade in facilities was accomplished

IF we were to make it to the next level within the next couple of years, the club would need a very healthy balance sheet to enable a rise in general player salaries without putting our future at risk

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

15m hogan on 18:13 - Dec 29 with 1535 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 18:03 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

I think 4) would play a big part, once a basic upgrade in facilities was accomplished

IF we were to make it to the next level within the next couple of years, the club would need a very healthy balance sheet to enable a rise in general player salaries without putting our future at risk

Eh?

It's the sustainable generation of revenue that will enable a general rise in player salaries. Salaries are paid regularly throughout the year via cash income.

A balance sheet is a health check for meeting future obligations beyond one year.

I would suggest that our balance sheet has been significantly enhanced now we own the stadium but that won't pay the wages.

15m hogan on 18:16 - Dec 29 with 1523 viewsdeeplishblue

If we keep some aside instead of spending it won't it be subject to corporation tax?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

15m hogan on 18:19 - Dec 29 with 1507 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 18:16 - Dec 29 by deeplishblue

If we keep some aside instead of spending it won't it be subject to corporation tax?

Assuming we declare a profit I would guess.

Login to get fewer ads

15m hogan on 18:24 - Dec 29 with 1483 viewsD_Alien

15m hogan on 18:13 - Dec 29 by judd

Eh?

It's the sustainable generation of revenue that will enable a general rise in player salaries. Salaries are paid regularly throughout the year via cash income.

A balance sheet is a health check for meeting future obligations beyond one year.

I would suggest that our balance sheet has been significantly enhanced now we own the stadium but that won't pay the wages.

Thanks, but I'm not suggesting we should retain much of the potential income from the Hogan sale, simply that's the view the club might take

15m hogan on 18:28 - Dec 29 with 1464 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 18:24 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Thanks, but I'm not suggesting we should retain much of the potential income from the Hogan sale, simply that's the view the club might take

Oh.

15m hogan on 18:33 - Dec 29 with 1438 viewsD_Alien

15m hogan on 18:28 - Dec 29 by judd

Oh.

Plus, if we were to receive 25% of £15m, i doubt there'd be sufficient that could be done to spend the greater part of it on future revenue generation

Unless anyone knows different...

15m hogan on 18:45 - Dec 29 with 1386 viewsscarrow

If the final figure is £15 and I’d be surprised if it is, the probability is that the fee would be paid in stages anyway.
Say he signed for Newcastle and signed a 5 year deal, it could be that the payments are made over 3 years.

Poll: Final position

15m hogan on 18:51 - Dec 29 with 1357 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 18:33 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Plus, if we were to receive 25% of £15m, i doubt there'd be sufficient that could be done to spend the greater part of it on future revenue generation

Unless anyone knows different...

I'm absolutely certain that others know different.

15m hogan on 18:51 - Dec 29 with 1355 views442Dale

15m hogan on 18:45 - Dec 29 by scarrow

If the final figure is £15 and I’d be surprised if it is, the probability is that the fee would be paid in stages anyway.
Say he signed for Newcastle and signed a 5 year deal, it could be that the payments are made over 3 years.

Which is good, approx £1m a year for that time period would be fine. Allows us to plan effectively.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

15m hogan on 18:51 - Dec 29 with 1352 viewsdeeplishblue

Of course non of us are counting chickens whatsoever.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

15m hogan on 18:52 - Dec 29 with 1191 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 18:51 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

Which is good, approx £1m a year for that time period would be fine. Allows us to plan effectively.

Transfer fees used to be paid 50% up front and balance within 12 months. Pretty certain that still applies.

15m hogan on 18:55 - Dec 29 with 1174 viewsR17ALE

I think Dale fans are quite realistic in their approach to how to manage money.

Compare and contrast with bury who blew their Nugent windfall on Andy Bishop's contract. Different club - different mentality.

Now whilst we haven't banked a penny yet, and may never, it is all speculation.

I think your point 3 is very valid - especially if we somehow make it to the Championship. Willbutts won't be big enough for some of the followings so The Sandy could be additional away space. I know this is blasphemy speak, but facts are facts.

I suspect point 4 will be the order of the board though along with paying off the Main Stand mortgage and the inherited Stadium Company debt.

Once done I think they'll run with point 2.

I'd be amazed and saddened if they threw it all at getting to the Championship. They need to keep letting the club grow organically in the hope that one day we'll be big enough to paddle our own canoe. So your point 1 is the best of all.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

15m hogan on 18:59 - Dec 29 with 1138 views442Dale

15m hogan on 18:52 - Dec 29 by judd

Transfer fees used to be paid 50% up front and balance within 12 months. Pretty certain that still applies.

Aye, I was following on to the scenario posted; it would be fine if it was staggered like that. The deals are so complex these days that it's all about establishing how the presence of such a sum can allow us to do things without pressure. eg. Really cheap season tickets.

15m hogan on 19:04 - Dec 29 with 1113 viewsD_Alien

15m hogan on 18:51 - Dec 29 by judd

I'm absolutely certain that others know different.

If you were, you'd be telling us what "different" is

You're only absolutely certain that you'd like to prove me wrong

I couldn't care less, as long as the club make the right decisions

15m hogan on 19:09 - Dec 29 with 1093 views442Dale

15m hogan on 18:55 - Dec 29 by R17ALE

I think Dale fans are quite realistic in their approach to how to manage money.

Compare and contrast with bury who blew their Nugent windfall on Andy Bishop's contract. Different club - different mentality.

Now whilst we haven't banked a penny yet, and may never, it is all speculation.

I think your point 3 is very valid - especially if we somehow make it to the Championship. Willbutts won't be big enough for some of the followings so The Sandy could be additional away space. I know this is blasphemy speak, but facts are facts.

I suspect point 4 will be the order of the board though along with paying off the Main Stand mortgage and the inherited Stadium Company debt.

Once done I think they'll run with point 2.

I'd be amazed and saddened if they threw it all at getting to the Championship. They need to keep letting the club grow organically in the hope that one day we'll be big enough to paddle our own canoe. So your point 1 is the best of all.

Willbutts would be fine unless we want to maximise individual games when we haven't before (Leeds, Forest, Sheff Wed). If that did happen, the Pearl St can be split in half as before (Stoke in AWS), but why would we do that if it costs us the goodwill of regulars?

Some of those regulars will hopefully be newer fans and while we wouldn't necessarily sell out home areas, you'd expect 1500 in each home stand for any of the games against the top clubs, so they can make do with 3500 away tickets. There's a chance we might not get 1500 in each stand, there's a chance we might get more, while there's that chance the away end we have is perfect for us.

Disclaimer: If we're 20 points adrift and playing Newcastle, we'll all go in the main stand.

15m hogan on 19:10 - Dec 29 with 1089 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 19:04 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

If you were, you'd be telling us what "different" is

You're only absolutely certain that you'd like to prove me wrong

I couldn't care less, as long as the club make the right decisions

How high can your opinion of yourself go?

I have every confidence in your own ability to habitually prove yourself wrong.

As for different, think outside of the box. I won't be posting it on here.

15m hogan on 19:38 - Dec 29 with 1002 viewsrkershaw

15m hogan on 19:10 - Dec 29 by judd

Hopefully a Chinese club will see the potential in Scott and bump his value up!!!
15m hogan on 19:45 - Dec 29 with 980 viewsmingthemerciless

I'd be very wary of reducing season ticket prices. It's easy to bring them down, not so easy to start raising them again if and when you need to.
15m hogan on 20:21 - Dec 29 with 867 viewsnordenblue

Why not enlighten us all,rather than petty little swipes to score points?

There's been some very good points made by various posters on many threads yet you resort to smart arse comments trying to belittle everyone,not to worry though your very own personal ego masseur will be along any minute to add his two penneth of nothing remotely linked to football too.......
15m hogan on 20:27 - Dec 29 with 853 viewsD_Alien

It's got nowt to do with my opinion of myself, but far more to do with your sense of desperation

At least two other regular posters have posted the same suggestion (about retaining income for potential additional expenses in the future) yet it's only my post you've chosen to pick up on to try to make an issue out of it

Your last point is just blather

To move on, I guess whatever the board choose to do won't please everyone (if the transfer comes to pass) but at least the policy of selling relatively cheaply but with significant add-ons will have been justified

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024