Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15m hogan 18:00 - Dec 28 with 9684 viewsmodelboydave

According to the football league paper, Brentford won't let Hogan go in Jan unless an offer of 15M comes in.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

15m hogan on 20:29 - Dec 29 with 1369 viewsColDale

15m hogan on 20:27 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

It's got nowt to do with my opinion of myself, but far more to do with your sense of desperation

At least two other regular posters have posted the same suggestion (about retaining income for potential additional expenses in the future) yet it's only my post you've chosen to pick up on to try to make an issue out of it

Your last point is just blather

To move on, I guess whatever the board choose to do won't please everyone (if the transfer comes to pass) but at least the policy of selling relatively cheaply but with significant add-ons will have been justified

I hope the board are prepared for 20 years of "What have you done with the Hogan money?"
15m hogan on 20:35 - Dec 29 with 1346 views442Dale

15m hogan on 19:45 - Dec 29 by mingthemerciless

I'd be very wary of reducing season ticket prices. It's easy to bring them down, not so easy to start raising them again if and when you need to.

Say we put aside £1m of any windfall to subsidise ST income for the next ten seasons? It's often been said that this club will not survive from gate receipts alone, especially when the fanbase is at the level it currently is. If it means a few years of "losses" on turnstile income to build the regulars up towards 3000, fine. We would be able to do it safe in the knowledge there's money in the bank set aside.

And anyway, we've already reduced them: by making the half-ST £100 there is genuine optimism and expectation around prices coming down. Something touched on by the club and the chairman in his Christmas message.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

15m hogan on 20:38 - Dec 29 with 1333 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 20:21 - Dec 29 by nordenblue

Why not enlighten us all,rather than petty little swipes to score points?

There's been some very good points made by various posters on many threads yet you resort to smart arse comments trying to belittle everyone,not to worry though your very own personal ego masseur will be along any minute to add his two penneth of nothing remotely linked to football too.......

Do you do irony on purpose?

If you're incapable of independence of thought then so be it.

Poll: What is it to be then?

15m hogan on 20:42 - Dec 29 with 1320 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 20:27 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

It's got nowt to do with my opinion of myself, but far more to do with your sense of desperation

At least two other regular posters have posted the same suggestion (about retaining income for potential additional expenses in the future) yet it's only my post you've chosen to pick up on to try to make an issue out of it

Your last point is just blather

To move on, I guess whatever the board choose to do won't please everyone (if the transfer comes to pass) but at least the policy of selling relatively cheaply but with significant add-ons will have been justified

Wrong wrong wrong.

I have not disagreed with other posters. Rather I've pointed out your misunderstanding of balance sheet versus funding of players wages.

As for sense of desperation. Really?

Narcissism in its purest form.

15m hogan on 20:47 - Dec 29 with 1301 viewsR17ALE

15m hogan on 20:35 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

Say we put aside £1m of any windfall to subsidise ST income for the next ten seasons? It's often been said that this club will not survive from gate receipts alone, especially when the fanbase is at the level it currently is. If it means a few years of "losses" on turnstile income to build the regulars up towards 3000, fine. We would be able to do it safe in the knowledge there's money in the bank set aside.

And anyway, we've already reduced them: by making the half-ST £100 there is genuine optimism and expectation around prices coming down. Something touched on by the club and the chairman in his Christmas message.

A ten year plan sounds a little long to me. It's not unrealistic to assume that in the next ten years a number of fans will die, Dale will suffer at least one relegation, will have at least one change of manager and Chairman and so on.

I'd say the argument is for the here and now to boost support in the short term, with the hope being that if you throw enough shit, some will stick!

And from the latest accounts, annual profits were £1.4m and gate takings were just £900,000.

That's some business model!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

15m hogan on 20:56 - Dec 29 with 1259 viewsR17ALE

15m hogan on 19:09 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

Willbutts would be fine unless we want to maximise individual games when we haven't before (Leeds, Forest, Sheff Wed). If that did happen, the Pearl St can be split in half as before (Stoke in AWS), but why would we do that if it costs us the goodwill of regulars?

Some of those regulars will hopefully be newer fans and while we wouldn't necessarily sell out home areas, you'd expect 1500 in each home stand for any of the games against the top clubs, so they can make do with 3500 away tickets. There's a chance we might not get 1500 in each stand, there's a chance we might get more, while there's that chance the away end we have is perfect for us.

Disclaimer: If we're 20 points adrift and playing Newcastle, we'll all go in the main stand.

It's all so hypothetical it doesn't bear thinking about, but.

Realistically we'd struggle like fook in the Championship, not that we'll get there, but.

We'd probably get around 4000 home fans for most home games which could easily be accommodated in Pearl Street and Main Stand, especially if there is rail terracing installed into Pearl Street.

Willbutts plus Sandy is around 5500 capacity. There are quite a few clubs who could fill that which would be an income of £100,000 per match.

It's all hypothetical, and I've been told that typically a playing budget of £7m will get you a 4th bottom finish in the Championship. Our current budget is still the £1.2m it's been for a while to give you perspective.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 20:58]

15m hogan on 21:01 - Dec 29 with 1243 viewsnordenblue

15m hogan on 20:38 - Dec 29 by judd

Do you do irony on purpose?

If you're incapable of independence of thought then so be it.

You still add nothing whatsoever constructive to the debate and once again try to belittle someone,this time it's me,must make you feel very smart and intelligent big man?

Regardless of what I'm incapable of its pretty clear you and your little mate get some sort of a kick from putting people down on here whilst replying to each other like some frustrated teenagers...bless
15m hogan on 21:07 - Dec 29 with 1215 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 21:01 - Dec 29 by nordenblue

You still add nothing whatsoever constructive to the debate and once again try to belittle someone,this time it's me,must make you feel very smart and intelligent big man?

Regardless of what I'm incapable of its pretty clear you and your little mate get some sort of a kick from putting people down on here whilst replying to each other like some frustrated teenagers...bless

Earlier today you had a dig at my purported negativity whilst totally ignoring the fact that I'd actually agreed with the poster I was debating with.

Are you going to the game tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

15m hogan on 21:15 - Dec 29 with 1176 views442Dale

15m hogan on 20:56 - Dec 29 by R17ALE

It's all so hypothetical it doesn't bear thinking about, but.

Realistically we'd struggle like fook in the Championship, not that we'll get there, but.

We'd probably get around 4000 home fans for most home games which could easily be accommodated in Pearl Street and Main Stand, especially if there is rail terracing installed into Pearl Street.

Willbutts plus Sandy is around 5500 capacity. There are quite a few clubs who could fill that which would be an income of £100,000 per match.

It's all hypothetical, and I've been told that typically a playing budget of £7m will get you a 4th bottom finish in the Championship. Our current budget is still the £1.2m it's been for a while to give you perspective.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 20:58]

I'd be interested to see where Burton finish, and what their budget is. The team they have out tonight doesn't smack of big spending and I really think we could give it a good go carrying on as we are.

The ten year plan earlier was an extreme: I do like an extreme 'worst case scenario' to prove a point! We can subsidise reducing prices now, should have last summer, and will have a massive opportunity in the future if we get a windfall as hoped. Get 3000 coming every week, then worry about prices was really the message to the erstwhile Mingthemerciless.

15m hogan on 21:19 - Dec 29 with 1154 viewsnordenblue

15m hogan on 21:07 - Dec 29 by judd

Earlier today you had a dig at my purported negativity whilst totally ignoring the fact that I'd actually agreed with the poster I was debating with.

Are you going to the game tomorrow?

I am yes?

You did agree with him correct but not without feeling the need to be as condescending as usual too,it's a shame really as a while ago I found a lot of your posts pretty humorous and educated now it appears your only intention is to put others down....
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 21:22]
15m hogan on 21:20 - Dec 29 with 1146 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 21:15 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

I'd be interested to see where Burton finish, and what their budget is. The team they have out tonight doesn't smack of big spending and I really think we could give it a good go carrying on as we are.

The ten year plan earlier was an extreme: I do like an extreme 'worst case scenario' to prove a point! We can subsidise reducing prices now, should have last summer, and will have a massive opportunity in the future if we get a windfall as hoped. Get 3000 coming every week, then worry about prices was really the message to the erstwhile Mingthemerciless.

There's no doubt in my mind that the current board will be forward planning for a whole bunch of what if's and that the summer really was a learning curve that has hurt.

It will be interesting to see the follow up to the half season ticket promises made to full ST holders.

15m hogan on 21:21 - Dec 29 with 1140 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 21:19 - Dec 29 by nordenblue

I am yes?

You did agree with him correct but not without feeling the need to be as condescending as usual too,it's a shame really as a while ago I found a lot of your posts pretty humorous and educated now it appears your only intention is to put others down....
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 21:22]

Would you like to meet up and debate over a pint?

15m hogan on 21:21 - Dec 29 with 1134 viewsfitzochris

Whatever Burton's budget, they twice broke their transfer record in the summer on McFadzean and Irvine. Word is they paid Ross County £500k for Irvine. If we went up, IF, would we be prepared, or need, to do that?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

15m hogan on 21:24 - Dec 29 with 1124 viewsR17ALE

Yes. Burton are a yardstick. Never ever thought I'd say that!

But so too are: Stockport, Yeovil, Colchester, bury, Tranmere, Crewe etc.

15m hogan on 21:25 - Dec 29 with 1120 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 21:21 - Dec 29 by fitzochris

Whatever Burton's budget, they twice broke their transfer record in the summer on McFadzean and Irvine. Word is they paid Ross County £500k for Irvine. If we went up, IF, would we be prepared, or need, to do that?

We could buy Hogan back with the windfall. Erm.

15m hogan on 21:25 - Dec 29 with 1119 viewsnordenblue

15m hogan on 21:21 - Dec 29 by judd

Would you like to meet up and debate over a pint?

Quite possibly,tomorrows not the best time though as I'm taking 3 others who are up from London for christmas,so i could do with spending the evening with them while they've made the effort to come and watch a game
15m hogan on 21:25 - Dec 29 with 1117 viewsisitme

15m hogan on 21:20 - Dec 29 by judd

There's no doubt in my mind that the current board will be forward planning for a whole bunch of what if's and that the summer really was a learning curve that has hurt.

It will be interesting to see the follow up to the half season ticket promises made to full ST holders.

It will.

I will also be interested to see how many people who have taken up a half season ticket get a full one next year. Some will be those who usually get one but didn't for this season, but I wonder how successful a tool it will be to upsell supporters?
15m hogan on 21:27 - Dec 29 with 1106 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 21:25 - Dec 29 by nordenblue

Quite possibly,tomorrows not the best time though as I'm taking 3 others who are up from London for christmas,so i could do with spending the evening with them while they've made the effort to come and watch a game

Fair enough. Hope we can all enjoy another 3 points.

15m hogan on 21:37 - Dec 29 with 1052 views442Dale

15m hogan on 21:21 - Dec 29 by fitzochris

Didn't realise that. Nah, we can see how we do first! I'd honestly like to give it a go our way.

Irvine has scored tonight and COG got his first goal of the season.

15m hogan on 21:41 - Dec 29 with 1038 views49thseason

I found this fascinating insight into Championship clubs accounts and the way Brighton increased their income after promotion from league one. It seems RAFC has a long way to go on the non-playing side of the income equation.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/
15m hogan on 21:53 - Dec 29 with 1001 viewsBigKindo

15m hogan on 21:41 - Dec 29 by 49thseason

I found this fascinating insight into Championship clubs accounts and the way Brighton increased their income after promotion from league one. It seems RAFC has a long way to go on the non-playing side of the income equation.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/

. and in the last three seasons they appear to have accumulated losses of £ 54 million.
15m hogan on 21:56 - Dec 29 with 986 viewsisitme

Brighton have got a great ground which I suspect generates lots of income outside of a match day. I am sure that it has held concerts? They also benefit from being a reasonable distance from competing teams. There is also no real rugby team to compete with.

Although fair play to them they are doing well and growing the fan base. Hughton doing a good job also shows that managers can do well on merit, regardless of skin colour.
15m hogan on 21:58 - Dec 29 with 976 viewsfitzochris

15m hogan on 21:37 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

Didn't realise that. Nah, we can see how we do first! I'd honestly like to give it a go our way.

Irvine has scored tonight and COG got his first goal of the season.

I would hope, if we did go up, that we retained Hill and attempted to keep doing things the way we have been, but you have to wonder if there comes a natural barrier to this approach without investment.

As an aside, Irvine is a terrific player. I was surprised Burton landed him, to be honest, as I thought he would go to a 'bigger' club.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

15m hogan on 22:17 - Dec 29 with 894 viewsscarrow

15m hogan on 21:53 - Dec 29 by BigKindo

. and in the last three seasons they appear to have accumulated losses of £ 54 million.

Somewhere there was an article that if Brighton don’t go up this season they’ll have to dismantle their squad because they’d be in breach of the total losses allowed £60m (?) over 3 seasons.

Poll: Final position

15m hogan on 22:19 - Dec 29 with 882 viewsscarrow

Burton are an interesting case study from Rochdale’s point of view. Yeovil/Doncaster have fallen through 2 divisions in successive seasons after promotion.

Poll: Final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024