Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15m hogan 18:00 - Dec 28 with 9683 viewsmodelboydave

According to the football league paper, Brentford won't let Hogan go in Jan unless an offer of 15M comes in.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

15m hogan on 22:22 - Dec 29 with 1994 views49thseason

15m hogan on 21:53 - Dec 29 by BigKindo

. and in the last three seasons they appear to have accumulated losses of £ 54 million.

Total losses in the Championship for 14/15 were £220m !!! Only 5 clubs made a profit (totaling £21m) and one of those was Blackpool who had £8m parachute payments to help them.
15m hogan on 22:50 - Dec 29 with 1916 viewsolympicdale

15m hogan on 08:17 - Dec 29 by modelboydave

so IF we did get 3 or 4 million, what would be the club's priority?

buy our own training ground?

Buy bury, and with the remaining 3,999,999.9 pay off any bills and mortgages on the stadium....oh, and a scoreboard would be nice.

Life is a game of fate.

15m hogan on 23:50 - Dec 29 with 1821 viewsD_Alien

I'm going to come right out and say it - I don't think Dale could survive for more than a season or two in the championship. Whilst it would be prudent to make all sorts of different contingency plans (which tbf judd has referred to), ultimately we would hit a natural barrier in terms of income

The only scenario in which this might not be the case would be to sell - or receive the equivalent in add-ons - of a Scott Hogan every year. I recall Hilly stating that Dale would need a minimum of £2m or more likely £3m additional income to our current revenue stream - transfers aside - to compete

But bloody hell, it'd be a fantastic achievement. The key thing would be not to do a Yeovil, and ruin ourselves in the process. That's partly why I referred to keeping some income from a potential Hogan sale against such an eventuality, with players still to pay on higher level contracts. God knows why anyone would react with "Eh?" to that particular thought process?

It might then become possible to become a club which alternated between the championship and L1 rather than L1/L2 so it's hardly a case of being pessimistic

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

15m hogan on 00:17 - Dec 30 with 1774 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 23:50 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

I'm going to come right out and say it - I don't think Dale could survive for more than a season or two in the championship. Whilst it would be prudent to make all sorts of different contingency plans (which tbf judd has referred to), ultimately we would hit a natural barrier in terms of income

The only scenario in which this might not be the case would be to sell - or receive the equivalent in add-ons - of a Scott Hogan every year. I recall Hilly stating that Dale would need a minimum of £2m or more likely £3m additional income to our current revenue stream - transfers aside - to compete

But bloody hell, it'd be a fantastic achievement. The key thing would be not to do a Yeovil, and ruin ourselves in the process. That's partly why I referred to keeping some income from a potential Hogan sale against such an eventuality, with players still to pay on higher level contracts. God knows why anyone would react with "Eh?" to that particular thought process?

It might then become possible to become a club which alternated between the championship and L1 rather than L1/L2 so it's hardly a case of being pessimistic

Eh? because you were wrong in what you wrote.

An example of a recent strong balance sheet is bury re-evaluating their asset base. It is only good for loans mortgaged against it and it's desperate.

Cash income, and the prudent management of it,as you now quite rightly allude to, is the key to survival. Cash is king. Profitable businesses go bust without it.

Poll: What is it to be then?

15m hogan on 00:50 - Dec 30 with 1725 viewsD_Alien

15m hogan on 00:17 - Dec 30 by judd

Eh? because you were wrong in what you wrote.

An example of a recent strong balance sheet is bury re-evaluating their asset base. It is only good for loans mortgaged against it and it's desperate.

Cash income, and the prudent management of it,as you now quite rightly allude to, is the key to survival. Cash is king. Profitable businesses go bust without it.

In writing that the club should retain a healthy balance sheet, I'm not wrong

I'm not even wrong, wrong, wrong

Right?

15m hogan on 01:02 - Dec 30 with 1712 viewsjudd

Go back and read your blather again.

A balance sheet does not pay the players wages.

A balance sheet can be as strong as an auditor will sign off but it will not pay regular outgoings.

Cash in bank is only an element of a balance sheet.

Working capital is liquid throughout the operation. The cash left is only counted at year end and included as an element in the balancing.

The hope is that additional income is generated in sufficient amounts to fund the on going operation of the club should the unthinkable promotion happen. I have faith in our Directors to operate accordingly.

I will add that your original sentiment is spot on. You just got your terminology and understanding wrong.

Right.

15m hogan on 01:23 - Dec 30 with 1676 viewsD_Alien

15m hogan on 01:02 - Dec 30 by judd

Go back and read your blather again.

A balance sheet does not pay the players wages.

A balance sheet can be as strong as an auditor will sign off but it will not pay regular outgoings.

Cash in bank is only an element of a balance sheet.

Working capital is liquid throughout the operation. The cash left is only counted at year end and included as an element in the balancing.

The hope is that additional income is generated in sufficient amounts to fund the on going operation of the club should the unthinkable promotion happen. I have faith in our Directors to operate accordingly.

I will add that your original sentiment is spot on. You just got your terminology and understanding wrong.

Right.

I'm afraid you're getting yourself into a quite unnecessary fuggle

Some have said, including myself, that it'd be prudent to retain some of the potential Hogan income to assist with maintaining a healthy balance sheet (including cash) should outgoings rise for whatever reason, one of which might be playing in the championship

That doesn't preclude trying to increase income streams, does it? Did I say it did? Eh?

Once you've stopped trying to retort against some imaginary point you think I've made, the fuggle you're in might clear

15m hogan on 01:28 - Dec 30 with 1662 viewsjudd

15m hogan on 01:23 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

I'm afraid you're getting yourself into a quite unnecessary fuggle

Some have said, including myself, that it'd be prudent to retain some of the potential Hogan income to assist with maintaining a healthy balance sheet (including cash) should outgoings rise for whatever reason, one of which might be playing in the championship

That doesn't preclude trying to increase income streams, does it? Did I say it did? Eh?

Once you've stopped trying to retort against some imaginary point you think I've made, the fuggle you're in might clear

Go back to your original post.

You clearly said a strong balance sheet is needed to pay player wages.
Wrong. Right?

Admit it then you may get the smidgeon of respect that you're so clearly desperate for.

Login to get fewer ads

15m hogan on 01:38 - Dec 30 with 1651 viewsD_Alien

15m hogan on 01:28 - Dec 30 by judd

Go back to your original post.

You clearly said a strong balance sheet is needed to pay player wages.
Wrong. Right?

Admit it then you may get the smidgeon of respect that you're so clearly desperate for.

Ah, judd, you're embarrassing yourself because no, that isn't what I said

Go and read it again - quote it if you like - and point out precisely where i've made such a claim as "a strong balance sheet is needed to pay players wages"

Goodnight, I won't be waiting for your reply, but might pop along in the morning to see if you're still fuggling yourself

15m hogan on 08:33 - Dec 30 with 1489 viewsD_Alien

"Morning has broken
Like the first dawning..."

Nowt like a bit of Cat Stevens to start the day, eh?

Where's judd gone? To catch the 8.30 train, to Matthew & Son?

15m hogan on 08:34 - Dec 30 with 1486 viewsDaleiLama

More of a Goldings man myself.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

15m hogan on 08:35 - Dec 30 with 1482 viewsD_Alien

15m hogan on 08:34 - Dec 30 by DaleiLama

More of a Goldings man myself.

There's no catching you on the hop!

15m hogan on 08:38 - Dec 30 with 1467 viewsTVOS1907

15m hogan on 08:33 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

"Morning has broken

They'll be having a kit debate over breakfast.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

15m hogan on 08:45 - Dec 30 with 1454 viewsD_Alien

15m hogan on 08:38 - Dec 30 by TVOS1907

They'll be having a kit debate over breakfast.

Like yesterday morning? That didn't end well for them

15m hogan on 10:03 - Dec 30 with 1335 viewsBigDaveMyCock

"Morning has broken

My favourite Cat Stevens song is Father and Son.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

15m hogan on 10:21 - Dec 30 with 1289 viewsColDale

15m hogan on 23:50 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Hilly spoke at Rochdale CC about his admiration for the way Burnley handled their promotion to the Prem. They set themselves up in such a way that they didn't throw everything at trying to compete at that level and planned for what he called the "perfect relegation"

Should the unthinkable happen, we'd be exactly the same and we'd go with what works for us rather than what is necessary to compete at that level. If our wage bill was £1.2m but 4th bottom needs a £5m wage bill, then it would be much closer to what we are at now possibly as low as £1.5m. Too many clubs have been hamstrung for years by their attempts to cope in the Championship.
15m hogan on 10:48 - Dec 30 with 1229 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

15m hogan on 10:21 - Dec 30 by ColDale

Hilly spoke at Rochdale CC about his admiration for the way Burnley handled their promotion to the Prem. They set themselves up in such a way that they didn't throw everything at trying to compete at that level and planned for what he called the "perfect relegation"

Should the unthinkable happen, we'd be exactly the same and we'd go with what works for us rather than what is necessary to compete at that level. If our wage bill was £1.2m but 4th bottom needs a £5m wage bill, then it would be much closer to what we are at now possibly as low as £1.5m. Too many clubs have been hamstrung for years by their attempts to cope in the Championship.

How much is the TV.Sky money for the Championship?

Whatever it is I'd "Do a Burnley" and bank 70% of it and see what happens.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

15m hogan on 11:09 - Dec 30 with 1173 viewsjudd

"Morning has broken

If you think of that as a main course I'd love to know what you do for desert.

15m hogan on 11:41 - Dec 30 with 1092 viewsdingdangblue

15m hogan on 21:15 - Dec 29 by 442Dale

I'd be interested to see where Burton finish, and what their budget is. The team they have out tonight doesn't smack of big spending and I really think we could give it a good go carrying on as we are.

The ten year plan earlier was an extreme: I do like an extreme 'worst case scenario' to prove a point! We can subsidise reducing prices now, should have last summer, and will have a massive opportunity in the future if we get a windfall as hoped. Get 3000 coming every week, then worry about prices was really the message to the erstwhile Mingthemerciless.

Burton's promotion budget last season.............a staggering amount compared to Hilly's.

http://m.burtonmail.co.uk/burton-albion-news/story-29773880-detail/story.html

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

15m hogan on 12:12 - Dec 30 with 1017 viewsD_Alien

15m hogan on 10:03 - Dec 30 by BigDaveMyCock

My favourite Cat Stevens song is Father and Son.

I take it you're referring to my post-divorce relationship with my son?

Do you, in your miserable profession, not come across plenty of instances where marriage breakups lead to strained relationships?

Shit happens, but for you to refer to it on here is a sign of utter desperation, not to mention cowardice.

Things are less strained now, and the whole family enjoyed a great day out at my daughters graduation ceremony from Liverpool medical school during the summer. I have a fabulous relationship with her. I'm proud of them both.

So you can stick your snide remarks up your unprofessional arse. Got that?

[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:13]

15m hogan on 12:15 - Dec 30 with 1002 viewsBigDaveMyCock

15m hogan on 12:12 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

I take it you're referring to my post-divorce relationship with my son?

Do you, in your miserable profession, not come across plenty of instances where marriage breakups lead to strained relationships?

Shit happens, but for you to refer to it on here is a sign of utter desperation, not to mention cowardice.

Things are less strained now, and the whole family enjoyed a great day out at my daughters graduation ceremony from Liverpool medical school during the summer. I have a fabulous relationship with her. I'm proud of them both.

So you can stick your snide remarks up your unprofessional arse. Got that?

[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:13]

Errr, no I wasn't you fookin weirdo.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:16]

15m hogan on 12:19 - Dec 30 with 980 viewsD_Alien

15m hogan on 11:09 - Dec 30 by judd

If you think of that as a main course I'd love to know what you do for desert.

And as for you...

After you'd apologised to me a few years back for behaving like a c*nt on the Cambridge board, i accepted it. You should've moved on

Having embarrassed yourself again, this time you can swivel

15m hogan on 12:20 - Dec 30 with 973 viewsD_Alien

15m hogan on 12:15 - Dec 30 by BigDaveMyCock

Errr, no I wasn't you fookin weirdo.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:16]

It's not the first time, so don't try wriggling, apart from embarrassment, the fooking pair of you
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:21]

15m hogan on 12:24 - Dec 30 with 950 viewsBigDaveMyCock

15m hogan on 12:20 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

It's not the first time, so don't try wriggling, apart from embarrassment, the fooking pair of you
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:21]

Why do you always say we are embarrassing ourselves?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024