Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half season tickets - 525 sold 14:51 - Feb 5 with 7749 viewsRAFCBLUE

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/update-half-season-tickets-

Credit to the club for publishing the figure which by my conservative estimate is 50% of season current ticket holders (I'm working on the basis we have 1,000 ST holders before the exercise).

What I can't tell is how many didn't renew in the Summer - but I think it proves affordability is a big consideration for our fan base.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 15:45 - Feb 5 with 4942 viewsaleanddale

525 is magnificent.

2800 approx home fans yesterday I am convinced it would have been 2600 without this initiative.

Now the big one! What's the club going to this summer for next season.

There has NEVER been a better time to do something extra special ( wow wow wow special )
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 18:23 - Feb 5 with 4748 viewsMoonyDale

At £100 for a half season ticket how many on here would be happy with £200 full season tickets anywhere in the ground? I would think with the success of the halves the club would be thinking along those lines.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 18:59 - Feb 5 with 4686 viewsrochedale

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 18:23 - Feb 5 by MoonyDale

At £100 for a half season ticket how many on here would be happy with £200 full season tickets anywhere in the ground? I would think with the success of the halves the club would be thinking along those lines.....

I think a £200 season ticket would be fantastic and well taken up. I also think it could be worthwhile selling half season tickets again, first half of season and second half, which could be considered attractive as it would mean a lesser initial outlay. The only problem with a double half season ticket is, if the team performs poorly prior to xmas, it may affect 2nd half season ticket sales.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 19:29 - Feb 5 with 4622 viewsDaleiLama

I hope i am not speaking out of school here - cant think any of this is a state secret? Also, this is purely conjecture on my part, but I bought a half ST before the Oxford game and it has a book number closer to 2100 than 2000. Dont know if they are numbered sequentially (seems logical) or fished out of a box. If they are numbered sequentially then more than 1500 STs were sold before the half ST offer started. And we also probably have about 2100 ST holders now. Some of those will be lapsed ST holders and some of those, like me, cant get to the majority of home games but this offer makes it worthwhile to prepay and risk it for a biscuit.

As aleanddale pointed out - the litmus test for how many STs we can really shift will be a combo of how well we do for the rest of the season but more importantly, the price point for next.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 20:07]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 19:50 - Feb 5 with 4576 viewsnordenblue

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 18:59 - Feb 5 by rochedale

I think a £200 season ticket would be fantastic and well taken up. I also think it could be worthwhile selling half season tickets again, first half of season and second half, which could be considered attractive as it would mean a lesser initial outlay. The only problem with a double half season ticket is, if the team performs poorly prior to xmas, it may affect 2nd half season ticket sales.

A possible solution to that could maybe sell a full ST for £160/£170 then continue the half season tickets at the current price of £100 so again there is still greater value to the full ST....
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 20:49]
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 20:42 - Feb 5 with 4490 viewssteofthedale

Is an option to initially price season tickets as normal, with rebates should sales reach particular landmarks (1000, 1,500, 2000 etc)?

steofthedale*

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 14:06 - Feb 6 with 4191 viewsboromat

Don't want to sound negative and I hope I'm wrong but if we offer £200 season tickets everywhere I think we'll lose money. I'd split it up a bit £200 for the sandy, £250 for the pearl, £300 for the main. I'm a main stand st holder and £300 represents a fair price for me. And they could still push half season tickets at a good price if they wanted.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 17:21 - Feb 6 with 4085 viewsDaleiLama

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 14:06 - Feb 6 by boromat

Don't want to sound negative and I hope I'm wrong but if we offer £200 season tickets everywhere I think we'll lose money. I'd split it up a bit £200 for the sandy, £250 for the pearl, £300 for the main. I'm a main stand st holder and £300 represents a fair price for me. And they could still push half season tickets at a good price if they wanted.

Agree - fair pricing if you live locally and can get to all or most games. Not everyone does and not everyone can and that wouldn't be attractive to me and I guess quite a few others. Also, much better vfm for Sandy vs main stand ...... don't encourage any moaning!

It depends what the club wants to achieve in terms of numbers in the short and long term really?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 17:33 - Feb 6 with 4059 viewsnordenblue

The half ST price is obviously currently working so I wouldn't touch that price,that then dictates that the full ST price should work out better value than simply buying 2 separate half season tickets though......
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 17:42 - Feb 6 with 4045 views100notout

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 17:33 - Feb 6 by nordenblue

The half ST price is obviously currently working so I wouldn't touch that price,that then dictates that the full ST price should work out better value than simply buying 2 separate half season tickets though......

Full - Sandy £190, Pearl St £220, Main stand £250
Half - Sandy £100, Pearl St £120, Main Stand £135

or summat .............

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 17:56 - Feb 6 with 4015 viewsRAFC_1990

We need to offer a WOW price, A price that actually makes people who wouldn't normally even dream of getting a Rochdale ST actually think about getting one. Someone who has a passing interest and maybe attends a game or 2 a season, these are the type of people we need to attract, get the bug and passion actually flowing through there system so it feels like they cant miss a game at Spotland. Then in a couple of years they might even be happily paying full wack for a Dale ST. Only when we attract these type of fans along with the younger fans will we start to see a significant increase in attendances. I know loads of people who would fit this bill and people are generally interested in our football team they just havent been given a huge reason to attend every week. As stupid as it sounds just winning games isn't enough.

I used to go to every game home/away, past 3/4 seasons I havent had a ST and found myself going to fewer and fewer games due to work/life etc, But I got the half ST with it being too good to refuse and the bug is flowing through my veins again, I'm suddenly back at every home game and looking at what away games I can get too.

200 just doesn't sound attractive enough, when you break it it down yeh its a cracking deal but people dont and people wont, not the ones we need to attract. It needs to instantly sound good and needs to be as simple as that, no catches, no if we sell this many then its this price. No just a simple omg look at this deal price, how much is that I dont know, 150? Less? A price that people of this town can go out and pay in one lump sum without thinking too much of it. Advertised to the absolute hilt and get 4,000+ Rochdale fans in this ground every week. The rest pays for itself, if not we could afford the experiment.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 17:58 - Feb 6 with 4005 viewssince58

£200 represents a better price for the main stand to me.
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 18:02 - Feb 6 with 3991 views442Dale

One of the biggest positives around the Half ST offer was the simplicity: Same price in every stand.

It's definitely something that should be followed up wth when doing the full ST next season too. Keep it simple and it will attract more attention, the proof is in the figures. Match day prices can be different in each stand, as they are now.

£200 for any season ticket, wouldn't even think about half ST at the moment as it would indicate to people that it's an option. Don't give them a choice yet because some may wait and buy as Christmas presents. (if we do have them, the £100 would be for the last 11 games; whereas you'd be getting 12 games for the other £100, ie. full ST get more for their money.)

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 09:05 - Feb 7 with 3749 viewsLondondale

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 18:02 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

One of the biggest positives around the Half ST offer was the simplicity: Same price in every stand.

It's definitely something that should be followed up wth when doing the full ST next season too. Keep it simple and it will attract more attention, the proof is in the figures. Match day prices can be different in each stand, as they are now.

£200 for any season ticket, wouldn't even think about half ST at the moment as it would indicate to people that it's an option. Don't give them a choice yet because some may wait and buy as Christmas presents. (if we do have them, the £100 would be for the last 11 games; whereas you'd be getting 12 games for the other £100, ie. full ST get more for their money.)

Agree with you 442 that simplicity is key.

Also I like the idea that there would be some form of rebate depending on the numbers sold - start them at 200, and then once we hit certain milestones (e.g. 2000) fans who have bought start to become entitled to rebates. Shouldn't affect the club's income if calibrated properly and incentivizes people to buy.
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 11:14 - Feb 7 with 3636 viewsdingdangblue

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 09:05 - Feb 7 by Londondale

Agree with you 442 that simplicity is key.

Also I like the idea that there would be some form of rebate depending on the numbers sold - start them at 200, and then once we hit certain milestones (e.g. 2000) fans who have bought start to become entitled to rebates. Shouldn't affect the club's income if calibrated properly and incentivizes people to buy.

It has been posted on here before, but here is the tiered system Hartlepool used when Russ Green was there.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/club-bids-to-win-back-fans-with-100-season-

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 11:57 - Feb 7 with 3585 viewsMoonyDale

Sounds perfect to me, if we can't shift 4k at £100 quid then it really is time to give up.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 12:56 - Feb 7 with 3514 viewsLS27Rdale

You are forgetting one HUGE elephant here....

The tools that got shafted by the club by paying for a FULL Season Ticket....

Thats the majority of Season Tickets Holders .....

But Hey Ho, pat yselves on the back for hanging fire.....Quick poll then,

How many bought Full Price ST on here, And how many bought Half ST ???
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 13:01 - Feb 7 with 3506 viewsDorsetDale

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 11:57 - Feb 7 by MoonyDale

Sounds perfect to me, if we can't shift 4k at £100 quid then it really is time to give up.....

Hope you're right. I know we often talk of location, location, location but should we?
With higher number of clubs comes higher density of population. That said, there then becomes greater choice. It's a topic that can be debated all day.

However one looks at it, this map suggests to me that RG may have had it a little easier in the north east.

http://www.myfootygrounds.co.uk/AreaMap.asp?view=ENGLAND

may need to refresh a couple of times

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 13:22 - Feb 7 with 3476 viewsboromat

Bored on my lunch so came up with some rough estimates and assumptions. If we sold season tickets at £200 and kept U16s and U11s the same my guess is we'd need to sell 3150 total to get the same revenue from season tickets as we did this year including the half season ticket sales. On top of that you'd want to see the amount of pay on the day stay the same otherwise we'd be screwed.

If you change to the tiered approach I proposed using the same estimates.

Main £300, Pearl £250, Sandy £200 (£50 quid less on each for Concessions) Then we'd need to sell 2650 to get the same revenue as last year (very roughly). A reasonable comparison though I hope.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 13:27 - Feb 7 with 3455 viewsKenBoon

I guess Season Tickets will stay at a similar price but full season ticket holders this season will get a big discount.

It's time the sandy was priced the same as the Pearl Street. Many of the folk who go in the Sandy choose to because they'd rather stand. There shouldn't be a discount for that. If the Sandy is cheaper to operate then the extra money raised could go towards much needed improvements.
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 13:27 - Feb 7 with 3454 viewsDaleFan7

The problem with selling them at prices too low is that if the 'experiment' doesn't work and the sales don't go up by the required figures then you're in a position of the club losing a lot of money or putting the prices up massively (in comparison to the new low price) which will piss a lot of people off.

They need to find a happy medium, which is easier said than done.
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 13:58 - Feb 7 with 3396 views49thseason

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 17:42 - Feb 6 by 100notout

Full - Sandy £190, Pearl St £220, Main stand £250
Half - Sandy £100, Pearl St £120, Main Stand £135

or summat .............

Full - Sandy £199, Pearl St £229, Main stand £249
Half - Sandy £99, Pearl St £119, Main Stand £129

Prices ending in a 9 often get 24% higher take-up than prices with other numbers. And yes I know the £99 or £199 for the Sandy are off by a £1 but thought the greater uptake would be worth the slight extra if full season tickets contain more vouchers.
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 14:10 - Feb 7 with 3374 viewsDaleFan7

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 13:58 - Feb 7 by 49thseason

Full - Sandy £199, Pearl St £229, Main stand £249
Half - Sandy £99, Pearl St £119, Main Stand £129

Prices ending in a 9 often get 24% higher take-up than prices with other numbers. And yes I know the £99 or £199 for the Sandy are off by a £1 but thought the greater uptake would be worth the slight extra if full season tickets contain more vouchers.

*Plus a £1 admin fee?
Half season tickets - 525 sold on 14:28 - Feb 7 with 3349 viewssteofthedale

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 11:14 - Feb 7 by dingdangblue

It has been posted on here before, but here is the tiered system Hartlepool used when Russ Green was there.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/club-bids-to-win-back-fans-with-100-season-

As I recall, having shifted 4,000 plus season tickets, the form of Hartlepool was such that attendances dwindled. The atmosphere suffered along with less revenue from the sales in the ground. They also charged premium prices for away fans which was an additional disincentive to the travelling support.

Presumably, in part this was because the investment by home fans (< £5 per game) was so little that they weren't that bothered about missing fixtures when the entertainment offered was lacking.

At whatever price STs are offered for next season, undervaluing them could also have adverse consequences.

steofthedale*

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 14:40 - Feb 7 with 3327 viewsdingdangblue

Half season tickets - 525 sold on 14:28 - Feb 7 by steofthedale

As I recall, having shifted 4,000 plus season tickets, the form of Hartlepool was such that attendances dwindled. The atmosphere suffered along with less revenue from the sales in the ground. They also charged premium prices for away fans which was an additional disincentive to the travelling support.

Presumably, in part this was because the investment by home fans (< £5 per game) was so little that they weren't that bothered about missing fixtures when the entertainment offered was lacking.

At whatever price STs are offered for next season, undervaluing them could also have adverse consequences.

Who knows what could happen, I'm not saying it would work at Dale, I'm not saying it wouldn't work at Dale. Imagine if we sold 4000, kept pay on the door prices the same as this season and had a great start to the season? Whatever we did I would be confident with Keith Hill in charge. I do know that with the last set of accounts and the Hogan money this season we will never have a better time to try something different.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024