Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Clark FIRED. Bucketti HIRED. bury PROMOTION PUSH back on track. 21:17 - Oct 29 with 33440 viewsRAFCBLUE

Now, I'm not keen on bury but I have got to say I've some sympathy for Lee Clark.

He comes in after Chairman Day fires Flitcroft and then goes on a recruitment spree of what I'll define as journeymen professionals supplemented by a gaming of the loan system.

Now Clark has his faults but seems to have copped for Chairman Day arranging signings that he would not have wanted.

I personally hope he wins at Woking next week and stays for a few more league games; the financial papering over the cracks is a timebomb that will explode eventually.

He has a massive constructive dismissal claim coming if Day does decide to pull the trigger.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 10:58]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 14:55 - Nov 15 with 2818 viewselectricblue

Wokings Effiog looks a power house up front..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 16:27 - Nov 15 with 2659 views442Dale

A clever statement from Day today. For every person who gives him credit for speaking out about the result last night, his position and ability to continue using this tactic is reinforced.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 17:31 - Nov 15 with 2567 viewssoulboy

Bottom of the league, thrashed at home by a non league team, up to their neck in debt, no manager and a clueless chairman. But for their buy your pie in advance tappit scheme they'd be a club in crisis.
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 17:45 - Nov 15 with 2550 viewsaleanddale

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 16:27 - Nov 15 by 442Dale

A clever statement from Day today. For every person who gives him credit for speaking out about the result last night, his position and ability to continue using this tactic is reinforced.

Clever??

looked insulting In my book.

undermines the manager and slagging off the players!! wowzer.
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:05 - Nov 15 with 2517 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 16:27 - Nov 15 by 442Dale

Thing is 442, I don't think the majority are buying the Day statements any longer.

If you look at their form over the last two seasons they are going down.

The best comparator we can offer them is the year we finished bottom of this division in 2011/12 with 38 points which was a culmination of the FRMSE and Coleman management debacles. We were and still are solvent which they are not.

After 17 games we had 14 points - they're one point worse.

After 19 games we had 17 points - they're four points away from that with the next two at home being Blackburn and Shrewsbury. Every home game is winnable but their performances are questionable.

Even matching us point for point in 2011/12 we were 12 adrift of safety and a goal difference inspired by FRMSE, Trotman and Balkenstein which was -34.

Add to the footballing performance issues, that Day has promised them two specific things:

1. Championship football by 2019. Not a chance.
2. A new ground for the start of the 2018/19 season. Even less chance than Championship football.

The expectations gap, clearly and deliberatly created, is huge. The crowd are giving up. When you read gigglane.com they read like they are beaten.

The implosion in BL9 when it happens will make what has happened to Chesterfield financially look minor. That might not be this season but it will be soon.

If he's apologising for every performance blip this season he's likely going to be writing a weekly statement!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:07 - Nov 15 with 2515 viewsKenBoon

I laughed heartily at their result last night until I remembered how shite we are... and then I carried on laughing.
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:14 - Nov 15 with 2492 views442Dale

Look at the reaction of many on their forum. It's clever. Not difficult, not spectacular, but clever.

Know your audience.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:15 - Nov 15 with 2489 viewsTVOS1907

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 17:45 - Nov 15 by aleanddale

Clever??

looked insulting In my book.

undermines the manager and slagging off the players!! wowzer.

‘Clever’ in that quite a few of them are taken in by it, although they are dwindling in number.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:20 - Nov 15 with 2460 viewsD_Alien

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:15 - Nov 15 by TVOS1907

‘Clever’ in that quite a few of them are taken in by it, although they are dwindling in number.

It makes you wonder how many Daleys would be as gullible

I don't think the number would be zero

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:58 - Nov 15 with 2376 viewspioneer

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:20 - Nov 15 by D_Alien

It makes you wonder how many Daleys would be as gullible

I don't think the number would be zero

Think back to the Tommy Cannon days ........we were heading in the same direction before someone stepped in - it has taken us years to recover from that - thinking in particular of getting ownership of the ground back.
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 19:04 - Nov 15 with 2359 viewsaleanddale

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 18:15 - Nov 15 by TVOS1907

I would like to know at what point they stopped "enjoying the ride" ?
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 19:04 - Nov 15 with 2353 viewsjudd

He mentions something about being deflated.

Is that some sort of new diet?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 19:17 - Nov 15 with 2324 viewsYorkshire_Dale

We have to be careful here....we are not out of the relegation mire ourselves.

We badly need the gigglers to continue their fine form and really cement themselves at the bottom so there is one less place for Dale to occupy........starting with a decent show at BP let's get behind our lot.....

Bizzarely, when we turn out on Saturday,bury will have played 3 competitive games since our Checka match last Tuesday......let's hope our "downtime" works in our favour.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 22:05]
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 19:42 - Nov 15 with 2274 viewsTVOS1907

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 19:04 - Nov 15 by aleanddale

Some of them are still on it.

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 19:49 - Nov 15 with 2251 viewsnordenblue

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 19:42 - Nov 15 by TVOS1907

Some of them are still on it.

There's a distinct lack of bury fans commenting any more on here about this topic? They were all over the place not long back?
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:00 - Nov 15 with 2230 viewsTVOS1907

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 19:49 - Nov 15 by nordenblue

There's a distinct lack of bury fans commenting any more on here about this topic? They were all over the place not long back?

Thinking of anyone in particular...

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:12 - Nov 15 with 2187 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 19:04 - Nov 15 by aleanddale

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/free-ifollow-video-lowe---not-good-e

Ryan looks a worried man.

He's aged terribly in the weeks since he's had the job.

Love the bit at 1:53 "The chairman has put a lot of money into this club and the players are not paying him back."

Well done Ryan - you'll get the job off that 8 minute interview alone. Just make sure you recruit FRMSE as your number 2.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 20:15]

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:27 - Nov 15 with 2141 viewsTVOS1907

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:12 - Nov 15 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/free-ifollow-video-lowe---not-good-e

Love the bit at 1:53 "The chairman has put a lot of money into this club and the players are not paying him back."

Well done Ryan - you'll get the job off that 8 minute interview alone. Just make sure you recruit FRMSE as your number 2.

He's probably struggling with Gordon's incisive line of questioning...

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:31 - Nov 15 with 2120 viewsD_Alien

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:12 - Nov 15 by RAFCBLUE

"The chairman has put a lot of money into this club and the players are not paying him back."

Unfortunately, the two things are entirely unrelated. The players aren't the club.

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:35 - Nov 15 with 2106 viewsnordenblue

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:00 - Nov 15 by TVOS1907

Thinking of anyone in particular...

There's a few to go at usually,the boy didds finally got the red card I believe?
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:37 - Nov 15 with 2099 viewsnordenblue

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:31 - Nov 15 by D_Alien

"The chairman has put a lot of money into this club and the players are not paying him back."

Unfortunately, the two things are entirely unrelated. The players aren't the club.

Has the chairman actually put any money in?
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:45 - Nov 15 with 2062 viewsTVOS1907

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:37 - Nov 15 by nordenblue

His own?

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:47 - Nov 15 with 2049 viewsD_Alien

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:37 - Nov 15 by nordenblue

Yes, of course he has!

He's such a risk-taker, so admirable. Everyone else is so ungrateful. The last of the great philanthropic spenders, let down by a bunch of thoroughly unprofessional footballers with their snout in the trough.

His trough...

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 20:49]

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:59 - Nov 15 with 2010 viewsColDale

Genuinely think Stockholm syndrome has kicked in
Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 21:05 - Nov 15 with 1989 viewsnordenblue

Lee Clark FIRED. Woking WIN. bury in CRISIS. on 20:45 - Nov 15 by TVOS1907

His own?

Seems to have used others assets to secure loans from where I'm sat.... Not sure that involves his personal brass
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024