Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) 16:09 - Nov 27 with 9203 views1mark1

Self explanatory.

How many on here regard Rochdale as Lancashire, rather than Manchester, or themselves as Lancastrian or Manc? I regard Rochdale as a Lancashire , and I am a Lancastrian not a Manc.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 16:18]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 16:24 - Nov 27 with 4524 viewsdavidab2202

Lancastrian forever,could never consider myself as coming from Manchester.
Whilst not having lived in Rochdale now for nearly 25 years still proud of my roots as a born and bred Rochdale lad
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 16:25 - Nov 27 with 4518 viewsSandyman

Rochdale, Lancashire. Always.
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 16:39 - Nov 27 with 4492 viewsnordenblue

Since moving out the area more into " Manchester" ill have to go against the grain a bit here,but would rather be classed as Greater Manchester thanks,and it's amazing people living so close have such a horrendous view of the town/area too
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 16:45 - Nov 27 with 4476 viewsScunnydale

I consider myself both Salfordian and Lancastrian. However, because they're not that bright over here, I've found myself accepting being lumped in with the Mancs too. Doesn't really bother me, as long as no one thinks I'm from Yorkshire or Hull.

Happy Lancashire Day to you all, regardless!
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 17:08 - Nov 27 with 4439 viewschalkyncfc

I can fully understand that Rochdale would want its own identity but I thought that it was a part of Greater Manchester, a bit like Mansfield and Forest (you know that im right Bart ) being a part of Nottinghamshire
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 17:15]
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 17:45 - Nov 27 with 4402 viewsEllDale

As Louis Walsh would say...110% Lancashire.
I was 20 when Greater Manchester was formed and it means nothing to me except an administrative district.
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:18 - Nov 27 with 4316 viewsNogintheNog

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 17:45 - Nov 27 by EllDale

As Louis Walsh would say...110% Lancashire.
I was 20 when Greater Manchester was formed and it means nothing to me except an administrative district.

I deliver online shopping for Sainsburys, on the customer receipts it clearly states Manchester, Lancashire and Salford, Lancashire. Rochdale, always was, always will be Lancashire.
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:30 - Nov 27 with 4297 viewsfinberty

Royal Mail never recognised Greater Manchester.
Lancashire then now & always.
Login to get fewer ads

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:37 - Nov 27 with 4285 viewskiwidale

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:18 - Nov 27 by NogintheNog

I deliver online shopping for Sainsburys, on the customer receipts it clearly states Manchester, Lancashire and Salford, Lancashire. Rochdale, always was, always will be Lancashire.

Just to broaden this a bit is Littleborough Rochdale, or New hey? also is Middleton or Heywood Rochdale? I dont think so and would be surprised if anybody over 40 thinks they are.

Its Lancashire all the way for me but a percentage of the younger generation will feel less allegiance to Lancashire, just like those born after 1972 in Barrow in Furness will see themselves as Cumbrian.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 19:43]

This is not the time for bickering.

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:40 - Nov 27 with 4274 viewsShun

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:37 - Nov 27 by kiwidale

Just to broaden this a bit is Littleborough Rochdale, or New hey? also is Middleton or Heywood Rochdale? I dont think so and would be surprised if anybody over 40 thinks they are.

Its Lancashire all the way for me but a percentage of the younger generation will feel less allegiance to Lancashire, just like those born after 1972 in Barrow in Furness will see themselves as Cumbrian.

I'm a relative young'un and I'm afraid to say I probably see myself as more of a Greater Mancunian than a Lancastrian. I'd be very happy to be associated with either though, tbf.
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:50 - Nov 27 with 4252 viewsnordenblue

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:18 - Nov 27 by NogintheNog

Not since the 70s I'm lead to believe that neither Salford or Manchester have been part of Lancashire......
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:55 - Nov 27 with 4247 viewskiwidale

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:40 - Nov 27 by Shun

I'm a relative young'un and I'm afraid to say I probably see myself as more of a Greater Mancunian than a Lancastrian. I'd be very happy to be associated with either though, tbf.

Fair enough Shun boundaries have shrunk or in this case expanded and population is far more fluid that say 50 years ago. Society in general is more open to change now than my generation who were rather cloistered. For me the thought of being Mancunian is rather repugnant and yes that's a strong word. Ive lived in Auckland New Zealand since 1978 almost 40 years and yet Im not a Kiwi, never will be. I'm from Rochdale Lancashire I'm a Dale! Rochdalian is a bit awkward and old fashioned.

This is not the time for bickering.

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:15 - Nov 27 with 4218 viewsNogintheNog

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:50 - Nov 27 by nordenblue

Not since the 70s I'm lead to believe that neither Salford or Manchester have been part of Lancashire......

I think that after the dissolution of the metropolitan councils in the 80/90`s that public bodies were instructed to defer to traditional county boundries. But after all home is where the heart is. Lancashire, Gt. Manchester, who cares, it`s all better than Down Sarf !
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:18 - Nov 27 with 4215 viewsR17ALE

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 19:37 - Nov 27 by kiwidale

Littleborough is Yorkshire.

Rochdale is Lancashire.

New Hey is Milnrow.

Middleton is Manchester.

Heywood is Heywood.

All fall into RMBC though

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:40 - Nov 27 with 4180 viewsfirgrovedale51

"I can confirm that the Government still stand by this statement,.…that the local authority areas and boundaries introduced in April 1974 do not alter the traditional boundaries of counties. The 1974 arrangements are entirely administrative, and need not affect long-standing loyalties and affinities.”
Michael Portillo MP, Minister of State for Local Government — 11th July 1990
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:41 - Nov 27 with 4180 viewsdavidab2202

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:18 - Nov 27 by R17ALE

Rochdale is Lancashire.

New Hey is Milnrow.

Middleton is Manchester.

Heywood is Heywood.

Well "B****r Me" does that make anyone born in Birch Hill a "Tyke"!!!!

Could be some of the worst news ever.
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:46 - Nov 27 with 4173 viewsfirgrovedale51

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:41 - Nov 27 by davidab2202

No Birch Hill is in Wardle not Littleborough
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:49 - Nov 27 with 4165 viewsDaleiLama

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:41 - Nov 27 by davidab2202

No way Jose. I was born in Birch Hill and will always be a Lancashire lad. Any attempt to draw any other boundary on a map is nothing more than a paper exercise. Manchester is a great city, but Rochdale is in Lancashire.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:51 - Nov 27 with 4165 viewsnordenblue

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:18 - Nov 27 by R17ALE

Rochdale is Lancashire.

New Hey is Milnrow.

Middleton is Manchester.

Heywood is Heywood.

How's Littleborough in Yorkshire?
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:53 - Nov 27 with 4164 viewsnordenblue

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:40 - Nov 27 by firgrovedale51

"I can confirm that the Government still stand by this statement,.…that the local authority areas and boundaries introduced in April 1974 do not alter the traditional boundaries of counties. The 1974 arrangements are entirely administrative, and need not affect long-standing loyalties and affinities.”
Michael Portillo MP, Minister of State for Local Government — 11th July 1990

At least thats a recent statement.....🤔
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 21:01 - Nov 27 with 4145 viewsR17ALE

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 20:51 - Nov 27 by nordenblue

How's Littleborough in Yorkshire?

It's not, but it winds them up when you state it is!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 21:18 - Nov 27 with 4111 viewsnordenblue

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 21:01 - Nov 27 by R17ALE

It's not, but it winds them up when you state it is!

Them funny folk in Tod seem very confused,to put it nicely...and that's only a wippets stride away....
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 21:23 - Nov 27 with 4097 viewsfinberty

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 21:18 - Nov 27 by nordenblue

Them funny folk in Tod seem very confused,to put it nicely...and that's only a wippets stride away....

Tod has an Oldham postcode, a Rochdale landline prefix and pays its council tax to Calderdale (Halifax).

I think they consider themselves as Yorkies.
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 21:25 - Nov 27 with 4093 viewsnordenblue

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 21:23 - Nov 27 by finberty

Tod has an Oldham postcode, a Rochdale landline prefix and pays its council tax to Calderdale (Halifax).

I think they consider themselves as Yorkies.

I wouldn't be given a house there,don't get me started on Hebden Bridge either,Jesus wept....
Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 21:55 - Nov 27 with 4067 viewsD_Alien

Happy Lancashire Day (n/t) on 21:25 - Nov 27 by nordenblue

I wouldn't be given a house there,don't get me started on Hebden Bridge either,Jesus wept....

Let's get started on Hebden Bridge, nb!

I'll start with - there's a cracking little microbrewery just off the main street

As for where we live, my local county cricket team is Lancashire so that's good enough for me

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024