Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meeting with the directors 11:29 - Jan 14 with 37752 viewsColDale

In case you missed it, this was announced a few days ago
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/01/meeting-with-the-directors-january-2018/

Meeting with the directors on 19:49 - Jan 25 with 3930 viewsDale23years

Meeting with the directors on 19:03 - Jan 25 by E_Bearshaw

Appreciate the effort in collating all of that Col.

The answers the club give back tells us fcuk all,

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Meeting with the directors on 19:51 - Jan 25 with 3915 viewsShun

Meeting with the directors on 17:50 - Jan 25 by ColDale

Part 1
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/01/meeting-with-the-directors-part-1/

We'll get the pitch stuff on as soon as we can, just not in a position at this moment in time to do so. I know that's probably the main bit people want to be reading about right now, so please bare with us and we'll get that on as soon as we can.

Thanks Col and the rest of the Trust. It must have taken hours!

-It's really encouraging to note how we're leasing off certain parts of the ground to other businesses to generate revenue.

-Interesting that the club plan to have incentivised season tickets next season. I genuinely expected that not to be the case after the limited success the previous campaign had. Whilst it doesn't say to what extent the deal will be incentivised, it is good to see they're still willing to try deals to attract more regular fans.

-A great idea that the club are looking to sell tickets at other places besides Spotland because it's clear they see the 5% on advance away tickets sold as a good and easy profit.

-The steward improvement is a good point. About 10 or so years ago I remember there were regular complaints both on here and from away fans about the over-zealousness of our stewards. The fact that 10 years has passed without me even noticing a steward shows how improved they are. Probably nothing to do with the Safety Officer but it's a positive point.

-I'm glad the incongruity between club and fan was discussed so heavily, but I honestly think it's such a simple thing for the club to sort out. All it takes is more respect for the fans, summed up by a simple apology not being offered to either set of supporters after Saturday's postponement.

-Lastly, the Sweetmoregate question... Really? I think it's disgraceful that they couldn't muster more than a feeble sentence in response.

Thanks again, Col!
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 21:08]
Meeting with the directors on 21:04 - Jan 25 with 3718 viewsroccydaleian

Meeting with the directors on 19:49 - Jan 25 by Dale23years

The answers the club give back tells us fcuk all,

Gave it a like by mistake.
Meeting with the directors on 21:06 - Jan 25 with 3716 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 21:04 - Jan 25 by roccydaleian

While I might not agree with his terminology and accepting that, as Shun has said, there is some positive stuff in there, the lack of focus and accountability towards supporters’ concerns shines through.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Meeting with the directors on 21:15 - Jan 25 with 3680 viewsnordenblue

Meeting with the directors on 18:58 - Jan 25 by 442Dale

Will point out that the question around the fixture board has been asked and noted by the club in the past and leave it there for now.

That tells a clear story about this process and Team Rochdale.

You'll see "#teamrochdale" back in full swing when its season ticket renewal time 442,don't worry about that......

Thanks for all the time and effort presenting these questions initially then posting them for us all, but the divide is still very visable
Meeting with the directors on 21:40 - Jan 25 with 3596 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 21:04 - Jan 25 by roccydaleian

Did you want to disagree with the way d23y expressed his views or the context of his post?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Meeting with the directors on 21:42 - Jan 25 with 3581 viewsNewbury_Dale

‘As directors of the club, there is only so much information that can be put into the public domain with regards to finance. It would hinder the club in any future transfer dealings if it was to come across that the club had received a sizeable injection of money’.

Absolute bollocks, it’s 2018.
Meeting with the directors on 21:55 - Jan 25 with 3528 viewsD_Alien

Meeting with the directors on 21:42 - Jan 25 by Newbury_Dale

‘As directors of the club, there is only so much information that can be put into the public domain with regards to finance. It would hinder the club in any future transfer dealings if it was to come across that the club had received a sizeable injection of money’.

Absolute bollocks, it’s 2018.

Quite

I noticed our friend from a few days ago, Koober1974, was just logged in. Given the response to the question put by the Trust, it'd be difficult for anyone to rebut his claims of financial obfuscation

Anyone in the football fraternity who wasn't aware that "the club had received a sizeable injection of money" wouldn't be worth employing in a position involving the transfer of players

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Meeting with the directors on 22:00 - Jan 25 with 3498 viewsSuddenLad

Meeting with the directors on 21:55 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

Quite

I noticed our friend from a few days ago, Koober1974, was just logged in. Given the response to the question put by the Trust, it'd be difficult for anyone to rebut his claims of financial obfuscation

Anyone in the football fraternity who wasn't aware that "the club had received a sizeable injection of money" wouldn't be worth employing in a position involving the transfer of players

What they wouldn't know is how those payments were being phased and in what amounts per payment or at what frequency............it's common sense not to publicise that kind of information.

I have no problem at all with the club keeping sensitive financial information to themselves.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Meeting with the directors on 22:09 - Jan 25 with 3457 viewsD_Alien

Meeting with the directors on 22:00 - Jan 25 by SuddenLad

What they wouldn't know is how those payments were being phased and in what amounts per payment or at what frequency............it's common sense not to publicise that kind of information.

I have no problem at all with the club keeping sensitive financial information to themselves.

Those types of deal are fairly standardised, i would imagine

It doesn't take a great leap of the imagination on the part of anyone involved in transfer dealings to make a pretty good guess about the financial status of a club following a period of transfer activity

Even if their guess was out by a factor of say, 25-30%, can you explain how that would materially affect any further business? I haven't seen us having bids for players turned down because we were unable to meet the valuation by other clubs. The main factor is almost always wages - and football agents will know far more about that than any individual club. We have a wage structure which will be pretty common knowledge in the game

So, what's the problem?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Meeting with the directors on 22:19 - Jan 25 with 3412 viewskiwidale

Meeting with the directors on 22:09 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

Those types of deal are fairly standardised, i would imagine

It doesn't take a great leap of the imagination on the part of anyone involved in transfer dealings to make a pretty good guess about the financial status of a club following a period of transfer activity

Even if their guess was out by a factor of say, 25-30%, can you explain how that would materially affect any further business? I haven't seen us having bids for players turned down because we were unable to meet the valuation by other clubs. The main factor is almost always wages - and football agents will know far more about that than any individual club. We have a wage structure which will be pretty common knowledge in the game

So, what's the problem?

your talking too much sense D_A

This is not the time for bickering.

Meeting with the directors on 22:56 - Jan 25 with 3305 viewsroccydaleian

Meeting with the directors on 21:40 - Jan 25 by TVOS1907

Did you want to disagree with the way d23y expressed his views or the context of his post?

Mainly the way he's expressed it, but also got a feeling no matter what answers the club gave, he'd still moan anyhow.
Meeting with the directors on 23:05 - Jan 25 with 3295 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 22:56 - Jan 25 by roccydaleian

Mainly the way he's expressed it, but also got a feeling no matter what answers the club gave, he'd still moan anyhow.

But his views are being replicated by others, perhaps in a less angry manner.

Meeting with the directors on 23:08 - Jan 25 with 3280 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Meeting with the directors on 19:03 - Jan 25 by E_Bearshaw

Appreciate the effort in collating all of that Col.

Yep, good work Col and thanks for the prompt updates.
Meeting with the directors on 23:15 - Jan 25 with 3257 viewsroccydaleian

Meeting with the directors on 23:05 - Jan 25 by TVOS1907

But his views are being replicated by others, perhaps in a less angry manner.

And your point is?
Meeting with the directors on 23:27 - Jan 25 with 3241 viewsDorsetDale

As already stated by others, I too appreciate the hours trust members put in on fans behalf.
I do wonder though, is it not apparent from the answers given to some of the questions that it's more a "going through the motions exercise" rather than a real response to genuine concerns?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Meeting with the directors on 23:29 - Jan 25 with 3235 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 23:15 - Jan 25 by roccydaleian

And your point is?

What I said.

Meeting with the directors on 23:32 - Jan 25 with 3226 viewskiwidale

Meeting with the directors on 23:27 - Jan 25 by DorsetDale

As already stated by others, I too appreciate the hours trust members put in on fans behalf.
I do wonder though, is it not apparent from the answers given to some of the questions that it's more a "going through the motions exercise" rather than a real response to genuine concerns?

precisely

This is not the time for bickering.

Meeting with the directors on 23:41 - Jan 25 with 3201 viewsroccydaleian

Meeting with the directors on 23:27 - Jan 25 by DorsetDale

Fair question DD, and I suppose you could say the same about fans forums etc, but there were four directors and the CEO at the meeting and it seemed like much more than going through the motions to me.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:36 - Jan 26 with 2847 viewsboromat

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Meeting with the directors on 11:39 - Jan 26 with 2838 viewsDorsetDale

Meeting with the directors on 23:41 - Jan 25 by roccydaleian

Fair question DD, and I suppose you could say the same about fans forums etc, but there were four directors and the CEO at the meeting and it seemed like much more than going through the motions to me.

The answer given to my question about player illness and diet is pure obfuscation.
Obviously, only those in attendance will know whether or not the directors were pushed to elucidate on some of their answers?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Meeting with the directors on 16:21 - Jan 26 with 2584 viewsDale23years

Meeting with the directors on 17:50 - Jan 25 by ColDale

Part 1
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/01/meeting-with-the-directors-part-1/

We'll get the pitch stuff on as soon as we can, just not in a position at this moment in time to do so. I know that's probably the main bit people want to be reading about right now, so please bare with us and we'll get that on as soon as we can.

Is it true that the club won't let you put the pitch stuff up on the website until they agree with the wording ??

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Meeting with the directors on 17:19 - Jan 26 with 2460 viewsShun

Meeting with the directors on 16:21 - Jan 26 by Dale23years

Is it true that the club won't let you put the pitch stuff up on the website until they agree with the wording ??

Where did you hear that?
Meeting with the directors on 18:03 - Jan 26 with 2371 viewsfitzochris

The Trust is there to scrutinise the board, so this cannot be true. The minutes must represent verbatim what was said or at the very least be a very accurate summary.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Meeting with the directors on 18:05 - Jan 26 with 2363 viewsdingdangblue

Here's some wording.........

The pitch is fooked!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024