Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 13:29 - Feb 8 with 32334 viewssouthealingdale

" Pochettino calls on the FA to intervene over Rochdale's pitch ahead of FA Cup 5th round at Spotland. Says it is no in a condition to play football & could lead to injuries for both sets of players. "

+

@upthedale on Twitter

Pitch on 13:33 - Feb 8 with 13086 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Funny that he didn`t do the same before playing on Newport`s pitch. But then having nearly lost that game, he wants to get his excuses in quick just in case. If it was good enough for Millwall then its good enough for Tottenham. If more of the £5.4Bn filtered down to us then every football league club could play on a surface like Wembley. At least we have our own pitch which is more than Spurs have!
Pitch on 13:36 - Feb 8 with 13052 viewsCockneyDale

I'd be more inclined to dig my heels in (not literally, might damage the pitch) and keep our pitch!
Pitch on 13:41 - Feb 8 with 13002 viewsInPeace

Pitch on 13:33 - Feb 8 by RooleyMoorBlue

Funny that he didn`t do the same before playing on Newport`s pitch. But then having nearly lost that game, he wants to get his excuses in quick just in case. If it was good enough for Millwall then its good enough for Tottenham. If more of the £5.4Bn filtered down to us then every football league club could play on a surface like Wembley. At least we have our own pitch which is more than Spurs have!

Your pitch is significantly worse than Newport's, which was just a bit bobbly really.

Actually though, I think Poch's quotes are more around possibly asking Levy to fund a re-surfacing ahead of our game. The full quote includes - "I will speak to Levy and see what can be done".

Out of interest - would you guys accept that if offered? Or is the increased chance your pitch gives you more important to you?
Pitch on 13:43 - Feb 8 with 12979 viewsScunnydale

Pitch on 13:41 - Feb 8 by InPeace

Your pitch is significantly worse than Newport's, which was just a bit bobbly really.

Actually though, I think Poch's quotes are more around possibly asking Levy to fund a re-surfacing ahead of our game. The full quote includes - "I will speak to Levy and see what can be done".

Out of interest - would you guys accept that if offered? Or is the increased chance your pitch gives you more important to you?

Despite what TalkSport/Mirror et al have been trying to peddle, we're better on a good pitch. It's no coincidence that our first win for ages came on Northampton's smooth surface.

Also, despite what...etc. etc... the pitch didn't play badly on Tuesday. Yes, it looks awful, but we were knocking it about on the floor.
Pitch on 13:46 - Feb 8 with 12934 viewspaulscho

Pitch on 13:43 - Feb 8 by Scunnydale

Despite what TalkSport/Mirror et al have been trying to peddle, we're better on a good pitch. It's no coincidence that our first win for ages came on Northampton's smooth surface.

Also, despite what...etc. etc... the pitch didn't play badly on Tuesday. Yes, it looks awful, but we were knocking it about on the floor.

On the floor and off the floor and on the floor and off the floor.
As i remember,made a few players look exceptionally daft at times.

livinginadalewonderland

Pitch on 13:47 - Feb 8 with 12917 viewsmoth5368

There were no injuries on Tuesday playing on this surface. Don't know about anyone else but I'd accept Spurs paying for a new pitch for us.
Pitch on 13:51 - Feb 8 with 12858 views442Dale

We’d be more than open to Spurs sourcing whoever they want to sort it. If you beat us 3-0* on a bowling green that we can then utilise to avoid relegation, so be it.

*not a prequisite.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch on 13:53 - Feb 8 with 12845 viewsScunnydale

Pitch on 13:47 - Feb 8 by moth5368

There were no injuries on Tuesday playing on this surface. Don't know about anyone else but I'd accept Spurs paying for a new pitch for us.

Not particularly comfortable accepting hand-outs, it pleases me that we look after ourselves.

However, if it put to bed all this nonsense about the pitch, then fair enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 13:59 - Feb 8 with 12796 views49thseason

Spurs putting a new pitch down at no cost to Dale would be ideal for this cup tie, but would not solve the problem of poor drainage because of compacted levels of sand below the surface. At some point, it is still going to have to be ripped up and rebuilt from the drains upwards. A new pitch now would be useful if it allows us to play decent football.
On the other hand, having a notoriously poor surface will put the wind up lots of clubs coming to Spotland and could be the factor that binds the players into a team. "its a midden, but it's our midden and you can either like it or lump it"should be the mantra. Much as when Noel Cantwell refused to play under our floodlights and forced the 1971 cup tie against Coventry to be played during the day contributed to a much bigger crowd and a febrile atmosphere in the ground. Insult us and you suffer the consequences!
Pitch on 14:37 - Feb 8 with 12616 viewsdingdangblue

If the FA say the pitch isn't playable then where does that leave Millwall? They are open to make a case for being reinstated and having the game replayed! It did play better than expected the other night but I'm not sure how it would be during rain? It's a tricky one - certainly you can't buy this sort of publicity and we are now the game everyone wants to see! I personally would be disappointed now if it is ripped up before the Spurs game - I think everyone now wants to see how Tottenham will cope with it!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch on 14:52 - Feb 8 with 12525 viewsDaley_Lama

Despite appearances, i actually thought our pitch played ok on Tues.The odd bobble but nothing major and as above, no injuries or even close to injuries.

City ground and Old Trafford not being used by their teams as they both got drawn away.

Poll: DF in or out

Pitch on 14:52 - Feb 8 with 12520 viewsFrog

Pitch on 13:53 - Feb 8 by Scunnydale

Not particularly comfortable accepting hand-outs, it pleases me that we look after ourselves.

However, if it put to bed all this nonsense about the pitch, then fair enough.

Don't worry about getting a handout, the Premier League's existence depends on it.
Pitch on 15:00 - Feb 8 with 12439 viewsMoonyDale

Pitch on 14:52 - Feb 8 by Frog

Don't worry about getting a handout, the Premier League's existence depends on it.

I'm with Scunny on this one, getting a handout doesn't sit well with me, even if it does mean we'd have a better surface for the run in....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pitch on 15:03 - Feb 8 with 12413 viewsdingdangblue

More on what Pochettino has said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5367959/

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch on 15:05 - Feb 8 with 12381 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 13:46 - Feb 8 by paulscho

On the floor and off the floor and on the floor and off the floor.
As i remember,made a few players look exceptionally daft at times.

There wasn't a single incident of players looking daft due to the pitch

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch on 15:08 - Feb 8 with 12352 viewsD_Dale

Perhaps Poch thinks he couldn't possibly expect Dele Alli to dive on a pitch like that.
Pitch on 15:44 - Feb 8 with 12153 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 15:08 - Feb 8 by D_Dale

Perhaps Poch thinks he couldn't possibly expect Dele Alli to dive on a pitch like that.

Or Harry Kane! Perhaps Tannoyman can play "it's good to be back"?

It's also Levy's birthday by all accounts. I'm all for letting him buy us a birthday present. Sure we should look after ourselves, but we're talking a weeks wages for one of their players. If it funnels some more PL money down to us, who are we to stand in the way of a serendipitous levelling of the playing field?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch on 16:22 - Feb 8 with 11964 viewsJumeirahDale

I'm with Lama. Would accept their help in a heartbeat if a pitch be relayed in short order that would last the rest of the season, and allow us to then have a decent go of replacing it in the summer.
Pitch on 16:42 - Feb 8 with 11809 viewsShun

Our pitch doesn't give us an increased chance. That's a myth peddled by those who would have you believe that every team below The Championship can only play hoofball. We play football on the ground in a flowing, attractive way, it's one of the things Keith Hill is associated with.

The Milwall game was the first time our players had stepped foot on the pitch in its current state, so it really won't give us an advantage.
Pitch on 16:57 - Feb 8 with 11698 viewsThe_Knightowl

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/rochdale-pitch-totten

FA responds ?
Pitch on 17:09 - Feb 8 with 11606 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 16:57 - Feb 8 by The_Knightowl

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/rochdale-pitch-totten

FA responds ?

Put up or shut up!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch on 17:13 - Feb 8 with 11572 viewsaleanddale

Pitch on 13:33 - Feb 8 by RooleyMoorBlue

SPOT ON

5.4billion to all the prem fat cats and league 1 and 2 and below get peanuts.

how can we possibly compete?.

Its a mockery that Liverpool can pay £75 million for a centre half and pay him £200 000 per week!

VD monthly wage is not that far off our annual squad playing budget!!

And that's probably not the biggest offender!!
Pitch on 17:43 - Feb 8 with 11418 viewsJames1980

On Tuesday night did the ball have a mind of it's own because of the pitch?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Pitch on 17:56 - Feb 8 with 11315 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 17:43 - Feb 8 by James1980

On Tuesday night did the ball have a mind of it's own because of the pitch?

More than some of our fans, yes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch on 18:02 - Feb 8 with 11275 viewsEllDale

Shouldn't the Spurs coach be renamed Pitchettino under the circumstances?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024