Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: 17:41 - May 5 with 14751 viewsNigeriamark

Very positive opening 10 minutes, unusually attacking the Sandy

However what a miss by Hendo - hits the post from 3 yards with most of the net open. Possible miss of the season - Hope that doesn't come back to haunt us

Match thread: on 21:26 - May 5 with 3058 viewsDaleiLama

I spent nearly as much time watching my phone second half as I did watching us. I could see we were 7 minutes ahead of the other game, but it seemed like a load of time was added to their second half too. And where did the extra 4 mins for us come from? It was like the day time stood still. Hope we don't have to go through that again ever or at least for a very, very long time.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: on 21:52 - May 5 with 2918 viewsKenBoon

Match thread: on 21:26 - May 5 by DaleiLama

I spent nearly as much time watching my phone second half as I did watching us. I could see we were 7 minutes ahead of the other game, but it seemed like a load of time was added to their second half too. And where did the extra 4 mins for us come from? It was like the day time stood still. Hope we don't have to go through that again ever or at least for a very, very long time.

Watching so many fans in the stands whistling for a full time whistle, nearly 10 minutes after the match has finished, was quite surreal.
Match thread: on 21:54 - May 5 with 2899 viewsDaleiLama

The cooler King?

Match thread: on 22:03 - May 5 with 2840 viewsdownunder

Match thread: on 21:54 - May 5 by DaleiLama

The cooler King?

THE GREAT ESCAPE.

With this film being usually shown at Christmas, Jesus in the crowd, and the fairy tale story of JT, this result has me questioning my atheism.
They could make a film out of JT's story.
Match thread: on 22:28 - May 5 with 2680 views442Dale

Why oh why have we not seen games out like that before?

A memorable season and one that will go down in folklore in years to come but ultimately it’s one where we all know we shouldn’t have been in this position in the first place. Well done to the manager and the players for seeing it through, and let’s hope the same mistakes aren’t made again.

Special word for the fans, that’s the best season of support I have ever known. And the club know that too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: on 22:33 - May 5 with 2640 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: on 22:28 - May 5 by 442Dale

A memorable season and one that will go down in folklore in years to come but ultimately it’s one where we all know we shouldn’t have been in this position in the first place. Well done to the manager and the players for seeing it through, and let’s hope the same mistakes aren’t made again.

Special word for the fans, that’s the best season of support I have ever known. And the club know that too.

Considering our final position relative to last year, the season's average gate of 3484 was just 2.5% down on last year

But i know you didn't just have numbers in mind with your reference to "best season of support"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: on 22:33 - May 5 with 2640 viewsDaleiLama

Haven't rewatched the game yet but went to the end of the Sky coverage ................ still nerve-wracking even though I knew the result!

Anyone who thinks Dale would have been happy playing L2 football next year needs to watch CD's reaction when the Latics result came through. He was being squeezed like a tube of toothpaste, but I though he was going to burst into tears. This isn't a club which would be happy with a return to the "Rochdale division".

Match thread: on 22:41 - May 5 with 2601 viewsD_Dale

Probably everyone has seen the highlights, but even so there's no harm in posting them again:

http://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-charlton/375718
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: on 22:53 - May 5 with 2548 viewsanimal8

Match thread: on 22:41 - May 5 by D_Dale

Probably everyone has seen the highlights, but even so there's no harm in posting them again:

http://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-charlton/375718

I have watched Dale for 45 years ,and I am not saying I am a better supporter than anyone else .But I can honestly say I didn't enjoy today .when we where safe ,then it was time to celebrate ,but please don't put me through that again. The BRANDY tastes wonderful .
Match thread: on 22:53 - May 5 with 2547 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: on 22:28 - May 5 by 442Dale

Yes but without Hendo's red, Done's og, Raff's penalty miss,Lillis dropping the ball and Camps giving away 2 pens last week we wouldn't have experienced today and Joe Thompson wouldn't have had his magical moment - some times some things happen for a reason! 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: on 22:55 - May 5 with 2532 views442Dale

Match thread: on 22:53 - May 5 by dingdangblue

Yes but without Hendo's red, Done's og, Raff's penalty miss,Lillis dropping the ball and Camps giving away 2 pens last week we wouldn't have experienced today and Joe Thompson wouldn't have had his magical moment - some times some things happen for a reason! 😉

My work here is done.

Almost.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: on 23:06 - May 5 with 2460 viewsFalingeParka

We put in a 40 year shift in one division. Stockholm Syndrome. A lifer gets twelve. No wonder this is traumatic. Escaped the return. Give us 15th next year Keith.
[Post edited 5 May 2018 23:12]

ColonelHall

Match thread: on 23:19 - May 5 with 2401 viewsDaley_Lama

If there was an award for second man of the match, Ollie Rathbone can have it from me.

Earliest yellow, kept his head and didn’t get a second while playing excellently.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: on 23:28 - May 5 with 2363 viewsRotherhamDale

I thought Henderson was fantastic. He was everywhere. He obviously should have scored early on but his defensive effort from the front was fantastic.

Possession with progression.

Match thread: on 23:35 - May 5 with 2315 viewsrochdale_ranger

It’s been a horrible season and one that I am glad we are putting behind us but today was special for the fans and everyone associated with the club especially Joey Thompson. To my eternal shame I turned around and grimaced at the bloke sat next to me when I seen him come on. The lad will be remembered for decades to come and he has written his name into Rochdale legend with today’s goal.
Match thread: on 23:38 - May 5 with 2304 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: on 23:19 - May 5 by Daley_Lama

If there was an award for second man of the match, Ollie Rathbone can have it from me.

Earliest yellow, kept his head and didn’t get a second while playing excellently.

He didn’t get a first either.

Only McGahey was booked.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: on 23:43 - May 5 with 2282 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: on 23:38 - May 5 by TVOS1907

He didn’t get a first either.

Only McGahey was booked.

Thought he got a yellow in the first half.

Happy to be wrong.

Match thread: on 23:46 - May 5 with 2267 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: on 23:43 - May 5 by Daley_Lama

Thought he got a yellow in the first half.

Happy to be wrong.

If he did, it hasn’t been picked up by PA.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: on 23:49 - May 5 with 2249 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: on 23:19 - May 5 by Daley_Lama

Thought he was anonymous

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: on 00:02 - May 6 with 2187 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: on 23:49 - May 5 by rochdaleriddler

Thought he was anonymous

Different opinions.

Same happiness.

Match thread: on 00:07 - May 6 with 2166 viewsBlueDales

Thompson has surely written his name into Dale folklore.

What a story, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy either.

Perkins against Darlington, O'Grady against Northampton, Hendo against Leeds, Davies against Spurs. Add to that JT against Charlton. Of all the special goals of recent years, today's is most certainly in that group.
[Post edited 6 May 2018 0:10]
Match thread: on 10:33 - May 6 with 1748 viewsaleanddale

Da da da da......

Joey Thompson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dale 23 years!!!! Don't bother putting yourself through a 24th!
Match thread: on 13:08 - May 6 with 1658 viewsColDale

Don't know if any of the other pitch invaders noticed, but there was a certain gentleman in the media section who had a face like thunder and was possibly the only person in the ground not smiling
Match thread: on 13:14 - May 6 with 1644 viewsSandyman

Match thread: on 13:08 - May 6 by ColDale

Don't know if any of the other pitch invaders noticed, but there was a certain gentleman in the media section who had a face like thunder and was possibly the only person in the ground not smiling

Didn't notice that but could it have been FRMSE ??
Match thread: on 13:19 - May 6 with 1629 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: on 13:14 - May 6 by Sandyman

Didn't notice that but could it have been FRMSE ??

When i saw him after the final whistle, he was grinning like a Cheshire Cat and applauding generously. He looked genuinely pleased.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024