Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
its a long summer from May 5th 11:58 - May 9 with 8204 viewsaleanddale

So with no play offs and no internationals the players are now on Holiday.

Its 3 months until our first competitive league 1 game that seems a long way off!.

Even with the World Cup coming up and some Summer cricket I am not sure how we will pass the time on here.

New signings likely to be after July 1st as all pro contracts run until 30th June.

I am hoping Hilly is already courting his prospects but all the above makes the next few weeks really hard as we will have no Dale fix.

This will be proper cold turkey after Saturdays high!.

its a long summer from May 5th on 12:06 - May 9 with 6080 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Agree Ale.......there's not even Premier League this Saturday so what are we all to do?

We need to get some Friendlies book in for June/July to give us something to look forward too......perhaps Dale will skip the Spanish trip this year. Last season many of the players came back knackered/crocked and took a long time to recover.

When are the Fixtures out?
its a long summer from May 5th on 12:25 - May 9 with 6027 viewsToffeemanc

its a long summer from May 5th on 12:06 - May 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Agree Ale.......there's not even Premier League this Saturday so what are we all to do?

We need to get some Friendlies book in for June/July to give us something to look forward too......perhaps Dale will skip the Spanish trip this year. Last season many of the players came back knackered/crocked and took a long time to recover.

When are the Fixtures out?

Next season fixtures will be released on Thursday 21st June @ 9:00am

Season set to start on 4th August 2018 just 3 weeks after the world cup final.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/news-201819-season-fixtures-release-date-

Suppose the next thing to look forward to for Dale fans is the release list which is probably likely to come in the next few days.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

its a long summer from May 5th on 12:50 - May 9 with 5955 viewsfrenzied

its usually the end of season kit sale in the next couple of weeks...🙂
its a long summer from May 5th on 12:56 - May 9 with 5931 viewsdingdangblue

its a long summer from May 5th on 12:50 - May 9 by frenzied

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/223104/kit-sale/#0

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

its a long summer from May 5th on 12:57 - May 9 with 5929 viewsToffeemanc

its a long summer from May 5th on 12:50 - May 9 by frenzied

Forgot about Jack
Kit Sale is this week, tomorrow I think although club article says Thursday but with todays date?
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/may/kit-sale-jack_10.05.17/
[Post edited 9 May 2018 13:01]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

its a long summer from May 5th on 12:58 - May 9 with 5929 viewsD_Dale

There are still a few crumbs for us to pick up.

First, there's the retain and release list. Surely we'll get that before the weekend (?) and have a better idea of how many players KH will be looking to bring in over the summer. And we can try to guess the possible destinations of players - such as Brad Inman - released by other clubs.

Then there are the L1 playoffs. I'm hoping Charlton will get into the Championship - purely because Scunny, Rotherham and the Shrews are nearer (although London-based Daleys won't agree).

The L2 playoffs are similarly relevant to Dale's interests. Though Notts C. or Coventry would bring more fans were either to be in L1 (and Exeter not many fans at all) I'd not mind seeing Lincoln winning through. It's not a bad place to visit, and the Imps' manager just might take Jordan Williams off our hands (he's said he was interested in signing him last summer and has played him - usually as a sub - in a few recent matches).

Then, as mentioned, the friendlies and 2018-19 fixtures should be out next month (and the draw for the first round of whatever the 'League Cup' is now called). Edit: Also - and how did I overlook this! - there'll be the details of the Checkatrade Trophy.

Anyway, after all the tensions, torments, tribulations and triumphs of the last few weeks a period of relative peace and quiet might be no bad thing.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 14:07]
its a long summer from May 5th on 13:49 - May 9 with 5785 viewsD_Alien

its a long summer from May 5th on 12:58 - May 9 by D_Dale

There are still a few crumbs for us to pick up.

First, there's the retain and release list. Surely we'll get that before the weekend (?) and have a better idea of how many players KH will be looking to bring in over the summer. And we can try to guess the possible destinations of players - such as Brad Inman - released by other clubs.

Then there are the L1 playoffs. I'm hoping Charlton will get into the Championship - purely because Scunny, Rotherham and the Shrews are nearer (although London-based Daleys won't agree).

The L2 playoffs are similarly relevant to Dale's interests. Though Notts C. or Coventry would bring more fans were either to be in L1 (and Exeter not many fans at all) I'd not mind seeing Lincoln winning through. It's not a bad place to visit, and the Imps' manager just might take Jordan Williams off our hands (he's said he was interested in signing him last summer and has played him - usually as a sub - in a few recent matches).

Then, as mentioned, the friendlies and 2018-19 fixtures should be out next month (and the draw for the first round of whatever the 'League Cup' is now called). Edit: Also - and how did I overlook this! - there'll be the details of the Checkatrade Trophy.

Anyway, after all the tensions, torments, tribulations and triumphs of the last few weeks a period of relative peace and quiet might be no bad thing.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 14:07]

Agree about a bit of respite being welcome after the last few weeks

It's just part of the natural order of things, like the changing of the seasons, and the World Cup will be upon us before we know it

Besides, this messageboard has never had any problems with finding things to discuss / argue the toss over and i doubt this close football season will be any different

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

its a long summer from May 5th on 14:22 - May 9 with 5713 viewsjudd

I'll be watching Mayfield on Saturdays. Usually fantastic entertainment, although this season has started badly for them.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

its a long summer from May 5th on 14:30 - May 9 with 5672 viewsNigeriamark

I have a chance to see Black rebel motorcycle club in June. Anyone seen them play? Any good?
its a long summer from May 5th on 14:57 - May 9 with 5630 views442Dale

its a long summer from May 5th on 14:30 - May 9 by Nigeriamark

I have a chance to see Black rebel motorcycle club in June. Anyone seen them play? Any good?

More importantly, what’s their kit like?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

its a long summer from May 5th on 17:13 - May 9 with 5451 viewsrochdale_ranger

Looking forward to a break from worrying about relegation and my holiday in a few week. Other then that plenty of DIY projects in the house which need doing. Can’t anyone recommend any football books or autobiography’s that are half decent?
its a long summer from May 5th on 17:16 - May 9 with 5442 viewsEllDale

Shay Given and Kieran Dyer both have recently published reasonable "ghosted" autobiographies.
its a long summer from May 5th on 17:34 - May 9 with 5401 viewsfrenzied

its a long summer from May 5th on 17:13 - May 9 by rochdale_ranger

Looking forward to a break from worrying about relegation and my holiday in a few week. Other then that plenty of DIY projects in the house which need doing. Can’t anyone recommend any football books or autobiography’s that are half decent?

big fry ..Baary Frys autobiography

pointless..story of a season with East Stirling fc

both excellent
its a long summer from May 5th on 17:55 - May 9 with 5355 viewsEllDale

I know that it's a different sport but Tony Hannan has written a brilliant behind the scenes book about a year at Batley Bulldogs RLFC.
its a long summer from May 5th on 18:38 - May 9 with 5251 viewsroccydaleian

its a long summer from May 5th on 17:13 - May 9 by rochdale_ranger

Ollie Rathbone’s dad Mick has done a good one. The Smell of Football.
its a long summer from May 5th on 18:53 - May 9 with 5212 viewsmoth5368

its a long summer from May 5th on 14:30 - May 9 by Nigeriamark

They’re ace. Although I’ve not seen them live I’d like to. Where are they playing?
[Post edited 9 May 2018 18:56]
its a long summer from May 5th on 19:12 - May 9 with 5169 viewsoff2div1

England v Costa Rica Thursday 8th June (8.00 pm)
Leeds Elland rd.

Also at Elland rd
Boxing 19th may Josh Warrington v Lee Selby
Leeds born boxer and former double Olympic gold medalist, Nicola Adams, will fight Soledad Del Valle Frias also Leeds band the Kaiser Chiefs, will also be performing live,
[Post edited 9 May 2018 19:20]
its a long summer from May 5th on 20:41 - May 9 with 5078 viewsTVOS1907

its a long summer from May 5th on 18:38 - May 9 by roccydaleian

Ollie Rathbone’s dad Mick has done a good one. The Smell of Football.

Arf

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

its a long summer from May 5th on 21:06 - May 9 with 5028 viewsfitzochris

If only I knew someone who had a couple of books to plug...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

its a long summer from May 5th on 06:42 - May 10 with 4867 viewsaleanddale

some good recommendations on here....

The world cup is the saving grace. That's 4 weeks of the 12 ticked off.
its a long summer from May 5th on 07:23 - May 10 with 4824 viewsNigeriamark

its a long summer from May 5th on 18:53 - May 9 by moth5368

They’re ace. Although I’ve not seen them live I’d like to. Where are they playing?
[Post edited 9 May 2018 18:56]

Kiev in June although I am sure it must be part of a bigger tour including the UK
its a long summer from May 5th on 09:57 - May 20 with 4486 viewsaleanddale

Wow only two weeks gone by since I started this thread!!

Two fookin weeks!!!!

Roll on the World Cup!
its a long summer from May 5th on 22:47 - May 21 with 4206 viewsDaleiLama

Came across this on my Twitter feed. Not endorsing it at all and don't normally bother with such clickbait, but I came out as an optimist (which I knew). Was curious about how Daleys general would be categorised if you have nothing better to do than wait for the WC?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

its a long summer from May 5th on 08:03 - May 22 with 4092 viewsBigDaveMyCock

its a long summer from May 5th on 12:25 - May 9 by Toffeemanc

Next season fixtures will be released on Thursday 21st June @ 9:00am

Season set to start on 4th August 2018 just 3 weeks after the world cup final.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/news-201819-season-fixtures-release-date-

Suppose the next thing to look forward to for Dale fans is the release list which is probably likely to come in the next few days.

Let’s just hope that 3 weeks is long enough for the World Cup finalists in our squad to recover.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

its a long summer from May 5th on 09:51 - May 22 with 4010 viewsD_Alien

its a long summer from May 5th on 08:03 - May 22 by BigDaveMyCock

Let’s just hope that 3 weeks is long enough for the World Cup finalists in our squad to recover.

A cheeky bid for Eric Dier might just work, to fill our holding midfield role?

PG might approve

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024