Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible Attack 22:02 - Jun 3 with 20810 viewsnordenblue

Just been sent this link from a friend,yet it seems it's nowhere near the news,strangely enough!!

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/littleborough/news/two-colts-hospitalised-in-unpro
Terrible Attack on 20:48 - Jun 5 with 2505 viewsrochdaleriddler

Terrible Attack on 20:45 - Jun 5 by DaleiLama

You'd be more likely to find a Driver than a 9 iron in a Micra I would've thought?

A crap driver

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Terrible Attack on 21:59 - Jun 5 with 2413 viewsJimmyRustler

Just as an aside; anyone who likes to carry a baseball bat/golf club and the like in the car for protection should be aware that if you're pulled over by the Police and cite your reasoning for carrying said 'weapon' as self defence or just in case anyone gets lairy, you'll be promptly arrested. So get making up a handicap/learning famous baseball players of the 90's to back up your claims that you used to be a pitcher on your high school team
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 22:00]
Terrible Attack on 22:06 - Jun 5 with 2401 viewsrochdaleriddler

Terrible Attack on 21:59 - Jun 5 by JimmyRustler

Just as an aside; anyone who likes to carry a baseball bat/golf club and the like in the car for protection should be aware that if you're pulled over by the Police and cite your reasoning for carrying said 'weapon' as self defence or just in case anyone gets lairy, you'll be promptly arrested. So get making up a handicap/learning famous baseball players of the 90's to back up your claims that you used to be a pitcher on your high school team

Indeed, but when was the last time anyone on here saw a traffic cop, let alone get pulled over. I got stopped for jumping the lights at calamity corner and breathalysed in the mid 80's. Never have since

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Terrible Attack on 22:21 - Jun 5 with 2376 viewsD_Alien

Terrible Attack on 21:59 - Jun 5 by JimmyRustler

Good advice, although i think it'd be more difficult explaining a stash of machetes?

I'm still waiting for rr to explain why it can't possibly be regarded as a terrorist weapon. Others might want to help him out?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Terrible Attack on 22:37 - Jun 5 with 2351 viewsnordenblue

Terrible Attack on 22:06 - Jun 5 by rochdaleriddler

Indeed, but when was the last time anyone on here saw a traffic cop, let alone get pulled over. I got stopped for jumping the lights at calamity corner and breathalysed in the mid 80's. Never have since

See a police traffic car most days,got pulled over about 2/3 months ago
Terrible Attack on 22:41 - Jun 5 with 2345 viewsrochdaleriddler

Terrible Attack on 22:21 - Jun 5 by D_Alien

Good advice, although i think it'd be more difficult explaining a stash of machetes?

I'm still waiting for rr to explain why it can't possibly be regarded as a terrorist weapon. Others might want to help him out?

A Nissan micra is not usually your average terrorists weapon of choice, they tend to prefer vans and lorries. Similarly golf clubs tend to be a bit useless when you are trying to kill dozens of people, guns and bombs more common. As for machetes well yes a gang of people wielding those would induce some element of terror, especially if that had happened in this incident, thankfully that didn't happen, so MI5 have been stood down, and the police are still looking for the violent filth that did this

Terrible Attack on 23:14 - Jun 5 with 2317 viewsD_Alien

Terrible Attack on 22:41 - Jun 5 by rochdaleriddler

A Nissan micra is not usually your average terrorists weapon of choice, they tend to prefer vans and lorries. Similarly golf clubs tend to be a bit useless when you are trying to kill dozens of people, guns and bombs more common. As for machetes well yes a gang of people wielding those would induce some element of terror, especially if that had happened in this incident, thankfully that didn't happen, so MI5 have been stood down, and the police are still looking for the violent filth that did this

Very good!

No wonder MI5 have been stood down, they've got your expert input into the local scene. We can all sleep easier now, goodnight!

Terrible Attack on 23:51 - Jun 5 with 2302 viewsJimmyRustler

Terrible Attack on 22:21 - Jun 5 by D_Alien

"I'm the world's most meticulous butcher"
Login to get fewer ads

Terrible Attack on 06:25 - Jun 6 with 2220 viewsrochdaleriddler

Terrible Attack on 22:37 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

See a police traffic car most days,got pulled over about 2/3 months ago

In Rochdale ?

Terrible Attack on 09:06 - Jun 6 with 2138 viewsDaleiLama

Terrible Attack on 17:31 - Jun 5 by JimmyRustler

Do you not class the Metro as a media outlet?

I thought it was a Micra?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Terrible Attack on 09:07 - Jun 6 with 2137 viewsDaleiLama

Terrible Attack on 20:47 - Jun 5 by rochdaleriddler

Never played in Islamabad then

Springy Park was the closest I got …..…….

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Terrible Attack on 09:28 - Jun 6 with 2123 viewsnordenblue

Terrible Attack on 06:25 - Jun 6 by rochdaleriddler

In Rochdale ?

No,don't really need to go near the place except for football these days
Terrible Attack on 09:40 - Jun 6 with 2108 viewsmingthemerciless

Terrible Attack on 22:06 - Jun 5 by rochdaleriddler

We got pulled over in Spain a month ago by the local traffic police. I couldn't say when I last saw a traffic cop in the UK apart from at accidents. Possibly when they came knocking at my door to tell me my mother in law had died in Liverpool.

That's one result of the " austerity " regime. The number of coppers out and about has been dramatically reduced. I was talking to one serving copper and he said somewhere like Heywood might be covered by two officers at night. If they're both called to an incident your call won't be dealt with.

My stepson was pretty badly beaten up in Falinge Park a year or two back in broad daylight on a Sunday afternoon. Some kids broke it up and called for an ambulance. His mum worked at Falinge Park school and on the following Monday a couple of the kids who witnessed the incident came to see her privately and named the names of the assailants.

My wife immediately contacted the police to pass on the information. The case seemed to be being dealt with by one person who already had her hands full. Months and months went by with nothing happening. By time the police got their act together after about a year the witnesses had been intimidated and were no longer prepared to give evidence.

So these thugs who could have killed my stepson, he got a good kicking that only stopped when the kids intervened, got away with it completely.

I don't put it down to the police being soft on racism I just put it down to the police having too much to do and only the cases that attract publicity get acted on.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 11:03]
Terrible Attack on 13:58 - Jun 6 with 1980 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Terrible Attack on 09:40 - Jun 6 by mingthemerciless

We got pulled over in Spain a month ago by the local traffic police. I couldn't say when I last saw a traffic cop in the UK apart from at accidents. Possibly when they came knocking at my door to tell me my mother in law had died in Liverpool.

That's one result of the " austerity " regime. The number of coppers out and about has been dramatically reduced. I was talking to one serving copper and he said somewhere like Heywood might be covered by two officers at night. If they're both called to an incident your call won't be dealt with.

My stepson was pretty badly beaten up in Falinge Park a year or two back in broad daylight on a Sunday afternoon. Some kids broke it up and called for an ambulance. His mum worked at Falinge Park school and on the following Monday a couple of the kids who witnessed the incident came to see her privately and named the names of the assailants.

My wife immediately contacted the police to pass on the information. The case seemed to be being dealt with by one person who already had her hands full. Months and months went by with nothing happening. By time the police got their act together after about a year the witnesses had been intimidated and were no longer prepared to give evidence.

So these thugs who could have killed my stepson, he got a good kicking that only stopped when the kids intervened, got away with it completely.

I don't put it down to the police being soft on racism I just put it down to the police having too much to do and only the cases that attract publicity get acted on.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 11:03]

The problem is, that cutting funds to the police is false economy. The increase in crime across the board, increases the cost to the country and far outweighs the savings being made by these cuts. All political parties are guilty of making economic decisions, whereby the cuts are far outweighed by the increases in other costs. A prime example is the NHS. Less staff, more mistakes being made, more legal costs and payouts. The lists go on and these idiots still make the same mistakes, term after term.
Terrible Attack on 14:05 - Jun 6 with 1971 views49thseason

There are 900 Metropolitan Police Officers assigned to "hate crimes" ... so playing on the internet mainly. " The term 'hate crime' can be used to describe a range of criminal behaviour where the perpetrator is motivated by hostility or demonstrates hostility towards the victim's disability, race, religion, sexual orientation or transgender identity."

So you lot had better be carefull next time Calvin misses an open goal or a Referee gives a dodgy penalty against us or the Met will be after you.
Terrible Attack on 16:58 - Jun 6 with 1868 viewsrochdale_ranger

Terrible Attack on 14:05 - Jun 6 by 49thseason

There are 900 Metropolitan Police Officers assigned to "hate crimes" ... so playing on the internet mainly. " The term 'hate crime' can be used to describe a range of criminal behaviour where the perpetrator is motivated by hostility or demonstrates hostility towards the victim's disability, race, religion, sexual orientation or transgender identity."

So you lot had better be carefull next time Calvin misses an open goal or a Referee gives a dodgy penalty against us or the Met will be after you.

If you harm or murder someone who is in a minority or perceived minority you will receive a larger sentence. It elevates people above other people in society in the eyes of the law. Hate crime legislation should be stopped. May is a law and order politician or so she claims yet all crime is up. Terrible Home Secretary, useless politician and even worse prime minister.
Terrible Attack on 19:51 - Jun 6 with 1749 views49thseason

May is the worst Conservative PM since Chamberlain. Her record as Home Secretary was also probably the worst in living memory. She doesn't have a leadership bone in her body and I suspect the Tories are about to unceremoniously dump her and not before time.

The problem is that of 650 MPs I can't think of one that would inspire me to follow them out of the trenches and this on D Day, which didn't even get a mention at PMQs this lunchtime. The whole lot are a complete shower and if they all resigned we would be better off.

As you go to bed tonight, spare a thought for the 4414 British soldiers, airmen and sailors who died on the Normandy beaches 74 years ago today.
Terrible Attack on 20:25 - Jun 6 with 1706 viewsD_Alien

Terrible Attack on 19:51 - Jun 6 by 49thseason

May is the worst Conservative PM since Chamberlain. Her record as Home Secretary was also probably the worst in living memory. She doesn't have a leadership bone in her body and I suspect the Tories are about to unceremoniously dump her and not before time.

The problem is that of 650 MPs I can't think of one that would inspire me to follow them out of the trenches and this on D Day, which didn't even get a mention at PMQs this lunchtime. The whole lot are a complete shower and if they all resigned we would be better off.

As you go to bed tonight, spare a thought for the 4414 British soldiers, airmen and sailors who died on the Normandy beaches 74 years ago today.

I share your sentiments about the efforts of our troops - and those of the allies - on D Day

But unsurprisingly, i disagree about your thoughts on leadership. The current issues aren't remotely as clear cut as those on D-Day, and the idea that any modern citizen would "follow a leader out of the trenches" is derisable

May is perfect for her time and place, i.e. someone who's willing to take the knocks whilst trying to steer a course between the obvious splits in her party; but not just in her party, but the country as a whole. And that's without mentioning the equally divided opposition (perhaps more so, it just doesn't show up as much as when you have to actually govern and win votes in the Commons)

Quite frankly, the type of leadership you espouse just wouldn't work right now. Sure, she'll be ditched just as soon as it's convenient, but right now, she's the hostage to fortune that is maybe what's required. And there's some way to go yet with the Brexit process before judgement can be made. I've said it before, but history will be kinder to her than the short-sightedness of contemporary political jousting makes apparent

Terrible Attack on 20:35 - Jun 6 with 1688 viewsFalingeParka

1. If you harm or murder someone who is in a minority or perceived minority you will receive a larger sentence.
Answer Part 1. That is untrue. FFS.
Answer Part 2. If you plan to kill or harm any passing member of the public that fits your political or hate purposes, and do so, you may well receive a larger sentence. That is right. It is a greater crime for it undermines the whole shebang. The very idea of a free society. It is why the term terrorism has been coined, hate crime is a version of that term.

2.It elevates people above other people in society in the eyes of the law.
See above.

3. Hate crime legislation should be stopped.
If all our coppers, what's left of them, and not in jam butties, are monitoring Twitter for petty shite, then would say hate crime legislation needs to be modified. But 'hate crime', as we call it now, bit like 'me too', is here to be addressed in all its forms. And that ain't going away.

ColonelHall

Terrible Attack on 20:46 - Jun 6 with 1674 viewsFalingeParka

Terrible Attack on 19:51 - Jun 6 by 49thseason

The trenches and D-Day. I understand why you mention them. I think about them all the time. The Enlightenment, education and votes for all, the big picture.

But, really, 'inspire me to follow them out of the trenches'. There are no trenches, thank *****, it's a bit different now.

ColonelHall

Terrible Attack on 21:26 - Jun 6 with 1623 viewsFalingeParka

The following a joke.

I leave you for a mere 25 years and you properly fcuk everything up:

Every single pub from the Highland Laddie all the way down Spotland Road to the Golden Ball gone. The beaut by the actual ground gone. Don't get me started on Whitworth Road's amazing places to go out any day of the week go.

You let the town lose all all important NHS services to other towns.

You let drug users intimidate you.

You naysay any fightback.

You blame the council for everything.

You blame everything on 'foreigners'.

You hate anything new.

IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT.

;)

ColonelHall

Terrible Attack on 21:44 - Jun 6 with 1607 viewsFalingeParka

Terrible Attack on 21:26 - Jun 6 by FalingeParka

The following a joke.

Every single pub from the Highland Laddie all the way down Spotland Road to the Golden Ball gone. The beaut by the actual ground gone. Don't get me started on Whitworth Road's amazing places to go out any day of the week go.

You hate anything new.

IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT.

;)

I don't ask a lot. I'm up there to see games and see my old mum. I fcuking love KH and the football club. And the town.

Where is the spirit in the town? ***** do something hideous? Laugh it off. Don't wind it down into some interpretation of a cursed place and a cursed society. Rochdale used to be such a GREAT place. Bring it back.

ColonelHall

Terrible Attack on 21:54 - Jun 6 with 1589 viewsD_Alien

Terrible Attack on 21:26 - Jun 6 by FalingeParka

The following a joke.

You hate anything new.

IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT.

;)

Here's another joke!

It's true. We have nowhere to go out to for a drink or decent food nowadays, and those places that are left only open between 9-11pm on a Saturday night

That's because every decent citizen has left, and those who remained aren't worth opening new premises for, since we've haven't a brass farthing between us

We await your return, to help us out of this morass, bringing with you the wisdom and humility accumulated from your foray into the world, to enlighten us and unburden us from our misery

Terrible Attack on 22:13 - Jun 6 with 1566 views49thseason

Terrible Attack on 20:25 - Jun 6 by D_Alien

I share your sentiments about the efforts of our troops - and those of the allies - on D Day

But unsurprisingly, i disagree about your thoughts on leadership. The current issues aren't remotely as clear cut as those on D-Day, and the idea that any modern citizen would "follow a leader out of the trenches" is derisable

May is perfect for her time and place, i.e. someone who's willing to take the knocks whilst trying to steer a course between the obvious splits in her party; but not just in her party, but the country as a whole. And that's without mentioning the equally divided opposition (perhaps more so, it just doesn't show up as much as when you have to actually govern and win votes in the Commons)

Quite frankly, the type of leadership you espouse just wouldn't work right now. Sure, she'll be ditched just as soon as it's convenient, but right now, she's the hostage to fortune that is maybe what's required. And there's some way to go yet with the Brexit process before judgement can be made. I've said it before, but history will be kinder to her than the short-sightedness of contemporary political jousting makes apparent

The trenches reference is an analogy, a reference to the lack of leadership that currently exists in Government, in my view, as opposed to the conspicuous leadership skills of those who were prepared to lead others into battle.
If politicians refuse to share their vision (perhaps because they do not have one) and give vacuous responses to TV presenters and journalists, the vacuum they create is soon filled by those who shriek loudest. We have arrived at a point where the political agenda is being driven by Sky, The Grauniad the BBC and various other malcontents, the result is a Government that responds and apologises rather than leads and the outcomes will inevitably be detrimental to democracy and our national wellbeing. I should also point out that the Labour party has the same problems but being in opposition means they are less damaging to the country.

As Montgomery pointed out, if you push a length of string it never goes where you want it to, however, if you pull it, it goes exactly where you want .
Terrible Attack on 22:23 - Jun 6 with 1555 viewsR17ALE

I've read this thread with interest but have no desire to get into the politics of it.

But, to go back to the beginning of it, I do have question. How the hell did the reporter know that it was a 9 iron used in the assault? Was Peter Alliss on hand soothingly saying, "he looks like he's going to go for it with a 9-iron"?

And I'm not dis-respecting the victims, I just want to know.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024