Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home strip. 05:25 - Jul 24 with 3820 viewsBazzanne

Say what you will but having seen the photo gallery from the Hull game, I think it looks great. Blue socks, blue shorts and blue and black shirt. Much better than odd coloured socks or shorts.
Home strip. on 10:29 - Jul 24 with 3650 viewsAtThePeake

I agree. I think we look a lot more like Dale with the blue shorts and socks.

Tangled up in blue.

Home strip. on 10:59 - Jul 24 with 3602 views49thseason

Home strip. on 10:29 - Jul 24 by AtThePeake

I agree. I think we look a lot more like Dale with the blue shorts and socks.

I thouht the kit Lillis played in was shocking. It looked like a 1980s outfielď strip in two shades of green the lad must have been embarrassed to put it on. Surely we can all agree that keepers need to wear yellow or red or maybe orange , if only to make themselves look bigger at penalties, but green... good grief, dreadful , just dreadful.
Home strip. on 11:33 - Jul 24 with 3533 viewsdownunder

Home strip. on 10:59 - Jul 24 by 49thseason

I thouht the kit Lillis played in was shocking. It looked like a 1980s outfielď strip in two shades of green the lad must have been embarrassed to put it on. Surely we can all agree that keepers need to wear yellow or red or maybe orange , if only to make themselves look bigger at penalties, but green... good grief, dreadful , just dreadful.

" if only to make themselves look bigger at penalties, but green... "

I recall Conrad Logan often wore green. Worked OK for him.
Home strip. on 12:02 - Jul 24 with 3472 viewsShun

Can’t agree with the OP. The shorts are a different shade of blue and they have two white stripes on that don’t link up in any way to the shirt, which is just strange. It honestly looks like they forgot to order the shorts so they’ve had to just make do with a pair from a previous kit.

The shirt though is the best we’ve had in years.
Home strip. on 12:39 - Jul 24 with 3388 viewsboromat

Home strip. on 12:02 - Jul 24 by Shun

Can’t agree with the OP. The shorts are a different shade of blue and they have two white stripes on that don’t link up in any way to the shirt, which is just strange. It honestly looks like they forgot to order the shorts so they’ve had to just make do with a pair from a previous kit.

I agree with that. Also I quite like the look of Lillis's kit, something a bit different to the plain keeper kits we've had in recent years.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Home strip. on 13:05 - Jul 24 with 3319 viewsrochdaleriddler

Home strip. on 11:33 - Jul 24 by downunder

" if only to make themselves look bigger at penalties, but green... "

I recall Conrad Logan often wore green. Worked OK for him.

He didn’t need to look any bigger

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Home strip. on 13:37 - Jul 24 with 3270 views49thseason

"While there seems to be evidence that colour does impact performance within individual sports, Attrill, Gresty, Hill and Barton (2008) were keen to investigate whether colour also has an impact on performance in team sports. They examined the colour red and its associations with long term team success in English football. Their investigation revealed that English football teams wearing a red strip had been champions more often than would be expected on the basis of the proportion of clubs that played in red. This finding was also supported by Greenlees, Leyland, Thelwell and Filby (2008) who focused their investigation on Football penalty takers’ uniform colour. Their study revealed that penalty takers wearing red were perceived by the Goalkeepers in two key ways: 1. that they would possesses more positive characteristics than those wearing white and 2. And that their chance of successfully saving penalty kicks from them was lower than those wearing white."

One might assume from this that a goalkeeper wearing red or orange might have a psychological advantage over the penalty taker who is not wearing red.
Home strip. on 14:04 - Jul 24 with 3222 viewsjudd

Home strip. on 13:37 - Jul 24 by 49thseason

"While there seems to be evidence that colour does impact performance within individual sports, Attrill, Gresty, Hill and Barton (2008) were keen to investigate whether colour also has an impact on performance in team sports. They examined the colour red and its associations with long term team success in English football. Their investigation revealed that English football teams wearing a red strip had been champions more often than would be expected on the basis of the proportion of clubs that played in red. This finding was also supported by Greenlees, Leyland, Thelwell and Filby (2008) who focused their investigation on Football penalty takers’ uniform colour. Their study revealed that penalty takers wearing red were perceived by the Goalkeepers in two key ways: 1. that they would possesses more positive characteristics than those wearing white and 2. And that their chance of successfully saving penalty kicks from them was lower than those wearing white."

One might assume from this that a goalkeeper wearing red or orange might have a psychological advantage over the penalty taker who is not wearing red.

Why does it take four researchers every time they survey this type of gubbins?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Home strip. on 14:30 - Jul 24 with 3181 viewsBazzanne

Home strip. on 12:02 - Jul 24 by Shun

I think they are the same colour, what you perceive to be different is I think an optical illusion caused by the shirt having an amount of black on it. This makes it at times appear darker, but if you look from behind at the bottom of the shirt it is the same colour as the shorts.
Home strip. on 14:38 - Jul 24 with 3160 viewsDaleiLama

Home strip. on 14:30 - Jul 24 by Bazzanne

I think they are the same colour, what you perceive to be different is I think an optical illusion caused by the shirt having an amount of black on it. This makes it at times appear darker, but if you look from behind at the bottom of the shirt it is the same colour as the shorts.

How can something with blue and black on it look anything other than what it is?

I shudder to think how long 442 would need therapy for if anyone brought out a kit like this.

[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 14:40]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Home strip. on 14:44 - Jul 24 with 3141 viewsD_Dale

Home strip. on 14:04 - Jul 24 by judd

One is the big cheese whose reputation attracted the research grant, and whose name will appear first - although does little, if any, of the work.

Then there's the researcher who dredges up all the data, puts everything into a computer, and becomes overwhelmed by the material.

Next is the actual author of the academic paper who will spin things in a way that suggests the team has made 'a major contribution to the discipline'.

Lastly, the one who does all the dogsbody jobs - runs off photocopies, arranges meetings, brews the tea etc. A long-time associate of the head of the project.
Home strip. on 17:16 - Jul 24 with 2952 views442Dale

There’s nothing wrong with having blue shorts as part of the home kit, and I think that’s something that’s been misunderstood; it’s the detailing. (Though an all blue kit is a recent thing really, we didn’t start using royal blue shorts until the late 80s)

If the shorts were the same material as the shirt and therefore exactly the same shade of blue it would flow much better. This issue is immediately eradicated when they’re white, as is the fact it creates a clean break from the stripes. It’s why some clubs who traditionally wear stripes include a third colour as shorts have such iconic kits, eg. Sunderland, Southampton, Sheff Utd and Wednesday, Partick Thistle and plenty more. It’s a personal preference of course, but those always look better than the likes of Stoke who don’t utilise that third colour, or when some of the aforementioned clubs don’t us it for their shorts.

A lot of the issues though could have been avoided if the shorts and socks didn’t seem such an afterthought with absolutely zero use of black, something which is exacerbated as we’ve done that so well in the previous two seasons. It would have maintained the sense of “Rochdale” about the entire outfit had there been some black trim with the white.

Does it look awful? No. Could it be so much better? Definitely.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Home strip. on 17:40 - Jul 24 with 2892 viewsfitzochris

Home strip. on 14:44 - Jul 24 by D_Dale

One is the big cheese whose reputation attracted the research grant, and whose name will appear first - although does little, if any, of the work.

Then there's the researcher who dredges up all the data, puts everything into a computer, and becomes overwhelmed by the material.

Next is the actual author of the academic paper who will spin things in a way that suggests the team has made 'a major contribution to the discipline'.

Lastly, the one who does all the dogsbody jobs - runs off photocopies, arranges meetings, brews the tea etc. A long-time associate of the head of the project.

And after all that the researchers conclude that more research is needed.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Home strip. on 20:44 - Jul 24 with 2684 viewsdingdangblue

Home strip. on 14:04 - Jul 24 by judd

3 of em were colourblind.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024