Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Vincenti 17:23 - Aug 9 with 2832 viewsAndrew_J97

Macclesfield fan in peace - just signed one of your former players Peter Vincenti on a 2 year deal. Coventry fans don't rate him but he seemed to have played for you many times and has scored a lot of goals for you. What did you think of him? Cheers
Peter Vincenti on 17:31 - Aug 9 with 2789 viewsTVOS1907

He was one of the biggest influences in the our 2013/14 promotion campaign and played very well in League One the following season.

Unfortunately, injuries and a loss of form affected him over the next couple of seasons and as his influence waned, he seemed more intent on picking fights with opposing players!

However, this shouldn't detract from what he did for Dale in his time at the club. He is also one of the most genuine, decent blokes you could wish to meet, particularly in the way he interacted with supporters and their families.

I wish him well at Macc.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Peter Vincenti on 17:33 - Aug 9 with 2778 viewsSuddenLad

I'd say you've got yourselves a decent player in PV. He's also a great club man and an all-round decent bloke. He'll not let you down and if he gets a chance with his head in the box especially at the back post, he'll more than likely hit the net.

Good luck to him and Macc........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Peter Vincenti on 17:42 - Aug 9 with 2721 viewsboromat

He's a great option out wide for a bit of height. Comes across a little clumsy with the ball but looks deceive. It was a real shame he got injured and never found his form again here. He's also pretty adaptable although we used him primarily wide right he's played in several positions for us and others before us.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Peter Vincenti on 17:43 - Aug 9 with 2712 viewsColDale

Peter Vincenti on 17:31 - Aug 9 by TVOS1907

He was one of the biggest influences in the our 2013/14 promotion campaign and played very well in League One the following season.

Unfortunately, injuries and a loss of form affected him over the next couple of seasons and as his influence waned, he seemed more intent on picking fights with opposing players!

However, this shouldn't detract from what he did for Dale in his time at the club. He is also one of the most genuine, decent blokes you could wish to meet, particularly in the way he interacted with supporters and their families.

I wish him well at Macc.

I'd argue as well he was victim to an extent of the progress made by the team. We became a much better side than the one he first joined
Peter Vincenti on 17:57 - Aug 9 with 2628 viewsTipperaryDale

He's an unorthodox footballer, who doesn't seem to have many physical attributes (ie he's slow, not strong and not really a good tackler), and I think he's on the way down as a footballer, but in the right team he can be a creative force and is a great character to have around the club.
Peter Vincenti on 17:58 - Aug 9 with 2624 viewsShun

Good player but faded quite a bit. A true gentleman though, which was at odds with his on the pitch behaviour which was needlessly aggressive and niggly towards the end of his spell here. I wish him and Macc very well.
Peter Vincenti on 18:01 - Aug 9 with 2610 viewsJimmyRustler

He's a solid League 2 player and will do pretty well for you imo
Peter Vincenti on 18:02 - Aug 9 with 2602 viewsmacro

If he stays fit he'll be a great acquisition. Unfortunately I reckon he'll be injured more than he plays
Login to get fewer ads

Peter Vincenti on 18:24 - Aug 9 with 2490 viewsaleanddale

Top Bloke ( you would struggle to meet nicer )

also a top footballer ( IMO will do very well for you )

don't be put off by an ungainly languid gait!! he has more than enough ability for league 1/2 and he has an eye for goal.

if he is fit and plays he will help you pick up plenty of points.

One of my favourites big Pete whilst he was here.

Oh BTW Swindon opening day!! - Ouch - Good luck for the remainder of the season and 12 points v bury and Oldham please!!!
Peter Vincenti on 18:48 - Aug 9 with 2397 viewsTomRAFC

Great header of the ball, and a pretty hard shot on him as well.In form, the opposition won't know what to do with this unorthodox guy out on the right. If he's unfit he can disappear from games very easily.

As everyone else has said, he's a great guy and an absolute ambassador for the game. One of the best we've had for making the effort with local schools and young fans.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Peter Vincenti on 18:51 - Aug 9 with 2386 viewsBartRowou

Wears contact lenses that sometimes come out.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Peter Vincenti on 19:06 - Aug 9 with 2303 viewsrochedale

Peter Vincenti on 17:31 - Aug 9 by TVOS1907

I wish him well at Macc.

Spot on.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Peter Vincenti on 19:18 - Aug 9 with 2265 viewsblackdogblue

‘Ohhhhh Peter Vincenti”, will compliment Michael Rose has got magic toes...

PV did a lot for football in the community, wish them both & Macc best of luck for the season

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Peter Vincenti on 19:41 - Aug 9 with 2192 viewsmikehunt

Check out my avatar 😄 And he scored one of my favourite Dale goals. An incredible long range strike against (I’ve forgotten). Loved him during that first spell before injury.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Peter Vincenti on 19:44 - Aug 9 with 2186 viewsColDale

Peter Vincenti on 19:41 - Aug 9 by mikehunt

Check out my avatar 😄 And he scored one of my favourite Dale goals. An incredible long range strike against (I’ve forgotten). Loved him during that first spell before injury.

think it was Sheff United - possibly in the game when Holty came back
Peter Vincenti on 19:46 - Aug 9 with 2179 viewsTVOS1907

Peter Vincenti on 19:44 - Aug 9 by ColDale

think it was Sheff United - possibly in the game when Holty came back

I think he's thinking of the Newport goal:

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Peter Vincenti on 20:34 - Aug 9 with 2060 viewsdingdangblue

He was involved in one of the best penalty routines ever seen!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Peter Vincenti on 04:50 - Aug 10 with 1647 viewskiwidale

Peter Vincenti on 20:34 - Aug 9 by dingdangblue

He was involved in one of the best penalty routines ever seen!

Nice Guy Peter Vincenti. Correct me if I'm wrong Matty Done rounded the current England keeper Jordan Pickford before being brought down off the ball to win the pen. Pickford then 18yrs old was sent off and can be seen being consoled by Vincenti . Vincenti then smashed Ian Henderson's pen that rebounded off the bar past the substitute Keeper.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 5:02]

This is not the time for bickering.

Peter Vincenti on 09:10 - Aug 10 with 1510 viewsDaleiLama

Shades of a scaled-down Peter Crouch. Looks gangly but plays much better. Good in the air, very fair passer (vision) and not a bad shot on him. Good instinct for the goal too. As others said, his temper needs to be managed, but should be a good signing for you if his mojo is working.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Peter Vincenti on 09:15 - Aug 10 with 1499 viewsColDale

10p to the first Macc fan who says he's got good feet for a big man.
Peter Vincenti on 11:29 - Aug 11 with 1124 viewsaleanddale

I loved his header away at Chesterfield deep into injury time 90+4? To make it 2-2

I think we were 2-0 down when the added board went up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024