Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Doncaster, home 14:01 - Oct 13 with 27572 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:19 - Oct 13 with 2299 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:16 - Oct 13 by Dale23years

Our defending, as they could of scored a few more as well,

I'm sorry you feel that way. And I'm sorry that leaving that game the 1st thing you think is to criticise Hill again on here. After watching that game today - not once did I feel Hill is the reason we are losing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:24 - Oct 13 with 2268 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:19 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

I'm sorry you feel that way. And I'm sorry that leaving that game the 1st thing you think is to criticise Hill again on here. After watching that game today - not once did I feel Hill is the reason we are losing.

So who's fault is it them that we can't defend and have worst defence in league.
Who fault is it that we can't defend corners.

I know it's Desmond's fault

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:24 - Oct 13 with 2265 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:11 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

You think our defending cost us that game or our missed open goals/chances?
Yes conceding 2 per game isn't good and 3 today - but hand on heart that game should've been at least 6-3 to us and that's being conservative!

Good god you do come up with some nonsense at times. It doesn't matter if you play like Barcelona for 90 minutes if you don't put the ball in the net at one end and keep it out at the other then then the inexorable slide downwards will continue. This has been happening for 2 seasons now and nothing has been improved at the back, I for one will not be happy if we play like that every week and still lose....I have no faith in Hill sorting this defensive garbage out so get a defensive coach in or continue to ship crap loads of goals each game...It's a damn embarrassment..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:24 - Oct 13 with 2265 viewsDaley_Lama

Platoon 3
Cow’s backside 2

God i hate playing Doncaster. Their team are an absolute bunch of whining, diving cheats who use every trick in the book.

Their fans felt that they were getting nothing from the ref in the first half. Thst’s because he didn’t fall for their pathetic dives.

Awful defending
Awesome attacking
Admirable effort
Woeful shooting and then some.

We are on track to concede 100+ goals this season at current rate, that needs sorting as it is our underlying problem above anything else.

Not being able to score from the chances created in the first half is hopefully a passing (shooooooot brad) phase

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:33 - Oct 13 with 2193 viewsscarrow

Dale should have been out of sight at half time, 4-5 clear cut chances and like posh, Portsmouth etc looked good up to the final shot
Defensively however absolute blunderland, lillis was very poor for the first, statuesque for the second. Central defenders no where, kgosi man of the match!
I've said on here before we need a leader at the back someone like butler who will boss things. This has been going on too long, hill has had chances to sort it and hasn't. Over to you Rochdale, we can all see the problem, now fix it

Poll: Final position

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:39 - Oct 13 with 2158 views442Dale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:19 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

He is in as far as his recruitment and selections haven't addressed the issues.

Why have we just given up on three at the back? It wasn't perfect but it was proven to work last season.

Why is he picking Perkins who isn't protecting the defence?

Those are some things that are on Hill. Individual and collective mistakes aren't, but it's his job to sort them so that we aren't saying "goal" as soon as any cross comes into the box.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:43 - Oct 13 with 2120 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:24 - Oct 13 by MoonyDale

Good god you do come up with some nonsense at times. It doesn't matter if you play like Barcelona for 90 minutes if you don't put the ball in the net at one end and keep it out at the other then then the inexorable slide downwards will continue. This has been happening for 2 seasons now and nothing has been improved at the back, I for one will not be happy if we play like that every week and still lose....I have no faith in Hill sorting this defensive garbage out so get a defensive coach in or continue to ship crap loads of goals each game...It's a damn embarrassment..

I won't be happy if we play like that every week and still lose - but if we play like that every week we won't. We'll take the chances and win.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:51 - Oct 13 with 2060 viewsRAFC_1990

Perkins was terrible and has been all season, needs removing from this team quick time! Plenty of other options.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:54 - Oct 13 with 2029 viewsCleedale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:24 - Oct 13 by Dale23years

So who's fault is it them that we can't defend and have worst defence in league.
Who fault is it that we can't defend corners.

I know it's Desmond's fault

Perhaps we're just hungover from defences of yesteryear, (not all btw.), in that, having players like Dawson, Griff, Reeves and Butler (to me anyway) seemed to dominate and lead from the back. Dawson and Reeves also had the bonus of scoring goals.

We do seem to have an abundance of midfield'ish type players even down to the youths but at least that moving forward part of the game is creating chances. Hilly has gone on record as saying it'll be rollercoaster stuff because of the way we play and will be only too aware of discrepancies.

Knocking it around too deep has been a problem (imho) for a long time and risky at this level. Looks good when it works out but then there's the downside. Clubs will have closely watched some of these weaknesses - hence the number of set-play goals we concede.

I think the season will be fine and the outlook is looking very promising with all the potential amongst youngsters and experience.
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:55 - Oct 13 with 2016 viewsJames1980

Here is my theory about the defensive errors/goals conceded. In training our attackers play like they do in games. Pass pass pass pass gets snuffed out pass pass pass misplaced pass win it back pass pass pass, you get my point. This doesn't prepare us for pass pass pass see an opening and shoot.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:56 - Oct 13 with 2011 views442Dale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:51 - Oct 13 by RAFC_1990

Perkins was terrible and has been all season, needs removing from this team quick time! Plenty of other options.

It's difficult to admit, but we can't let the memories of the past cloud the obvious. Losing a yard of pace is one thing, but his decision making and passing has been way off since he returned and there is no reason why he should be starting games.

It would be understandable if he was coming on for the last 15 mins to hold onto a lead, that's where his experience may benefit us as last season we struggled in this area, but we're seeing nothing that warrants his inclusion from the start at the moment.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:58 - Oct 13 with 1999 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:43 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

I won't be happy if we play like that every week and still lose - but if we play like that every week we won't. We'll take the chances and win.

Not if we don't improve the defending we won't , we score 2 they score 3 or more...They could have had more than the 3 they got including a definite pen. Just watched the post match interview and again it's individual errors...Who sticks the error makers on the pitch? Either you wear the bluest of blue tinted glasses or you are Hilly's love child....Dale 23years get's dogs abuse on here regarding his posts some of which are a bit over the top..But yours are just as over the top at the opposite end of the spectrum, and no before you ask I have no idea who Dale23years is....

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:14 - Oct 13 with 1900 viewsanimal8

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 16:34 - Oct 13 by Dale23years

Poor defending again 28 goals conceded now, over 2 goals conceded per game now, worst defence in league, but it's ok it's Keith hill.

I am not a Keith hill lover ,but for you to blame him for every game we lose is pathetic. We defend rubbish I Agree but hilly can only do so much .at the end of the day once they cross the white line it is up to the defenders to defend .if you where bad at your job would you blame your manager .
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:17 - Oct 13 with 1873 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:14 - Oct 13 by animal8

I am not a Keith hill lover ,but for you to blame him for every game we lose is pathetic. We defend rubbish I Agree but hilly can only do so much .at the end of the day once they cross the white line it is up to the defenders to defend .if you where bad at your job would you blame your manager .

Hill signs and Picks the players it is 100% down to him if he replicates the same errors every week

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:22 - Oct 13 with 1840 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:58 - Oct 13 by MoonyDale

Not if we don't improve the defending we won't , we score 2 they score 3 or more...They could have had more than the 3 they got including a definite pen. Just watched the post match interview and again it's individual errors...Who sticks the error makers on the pitch? Either you wear the bluest of blue tinted glasses or you are Hilly's love child....Dale 23years get's dogs abuse on here regarding his posts some of which are a bit over the top..But yours are just as over the top at the opposite end of the spectrum, and no before you ask I have no idea who Dale23years is....

I'm just giving them some credit for playing well today - if you think it was a fair result then fair enough. I don't think we deserved to lose - we didn't even deserve to draw - we should be talking about how we won and scored at least 5.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:53 - Oct 13 with 1714 viewsrochdale_ranger

Other then the Barnsley game this is the only other game I’ve been to. Definite improvement on last season in the respect that we are getting forward and having a go as oppose to the backwards and faffing about shite. Same can’t be said for our defence. Teams can come to spotland do the basics rught And their forwards can have a field day.
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:05 - Oct 13 with 1655 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:22 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

I'm just giving them some credit for playing well today - if you think it was a fair result then fair enough. I don't think we deserved to lose - we didn't even deserve to draw - we should be talking about how we won and scored at least 5.

But the glaringly obvious point is that we are not talking about winning having scored at least 5 are we? We lost again conceding more than we scored again....Dress it up all you want but as they say....That's the facts...

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:14 - Oct 13 with 1620 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:05 - Oct 13 by MoonyDale

But the glaringly obvious point is that we are not talking about winning having scored at least 5 are we? We lost again conceding more than we scored again....Dress it up all you want but as they say....That's the facts...

The result went to them, the performance went to us.

If I was a neutral, I’d be thoroughly satisfied with that today, but I’m not, and it’s results that count, not performances.

There are things to iron out still, but I think things will click a lot sooner than they did last season and we won’t get dragged into the bottom four.

It’s frustrating that Accrington are basically doing an “us” this season.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:21 - Oct 13 with 1584 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:14 - Oct 13 by fitzochris

If I was a neutral, I’d be thoroughly satisfied with that today, but I’m not, and it’s results that count, not performances.

There are things to iron out still, but I think things will click a lot sooner than they did last season and we won’t get dragged into the bottom four.

An us from years ago

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:26 - Oct 13 with 1567 views442Dale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:21 - Oct 13 by rochdaleriddler

An us from years ago

Two seasons ago. There's no reason why we can't again, however it may mean a revaluation and big cut in the squad numbers in January to get us back on track.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:30 - Oct 13 with 1551 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:14 - Oct 13 by fitzochris

I remember like everyone else the Hillisms that came out in his first spell with us, "No fear football, It's our house it's out party, footballed to death" We saw some of that in the build up play today but you'll win nothing playing that way with a shoddy defence. If the players are not up to the task then they should not keep getting on the pitch...And if a couple are to be shipped out in Jan and we replace from inside the club then we are going to be in a worse state because if the replacements from within the club are better then why are they not on the pitch now? Will 10 weeks or so make them any better?....

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:33 - Oct 13 with 1533 views49thseason

A number of issues have been exposed today:
Goalkeeper.. Lillis has not improved in any aspect of goalkeeping since he arrived at the club, this despite the daily attentions of our so-called goalkeeping coach Collis. Today "Crocus" ('cos he only comes out once a year), managed to get both hands to the first shot and basically helped it into the net, their second was the sort of goal we have been conceding for 3 seasons; a corner into the centre of the goalmouth and a free header. Its what happens when you goalkeeper is firmly rooted on his line and does not command the area. The third was a cross which you might have expected a goalkeeper to go to ground in front of, but today Crocus decided that discretion was the better part of valour and simply let the big lad who had just come on put it past him. Lillis is not fit for purpose at this level and his defenders seem to have little confidence in him.

Perkins... Clearly his legs have gone, he aided and abetted them with the first goal by first losing the ball in a poor area and secondly by then losing his man.
At the corner they scored from, he ran part way towards the corner flag when one of their players made a run out of the area and then gave up and was stranded marking no one 5 yards outside the area on the by-line. By comparison, Dooley was a revelation, calm on the ball, available for a pass and quick to move the ball forwards and capable of getting into the box.

Inman and Clough, neither did anything to affect the outcome of the game, and were invisible for much of the match, Andrew should have started instead of one of them, some of their passing was neat and easy on the eye, but ultimately they are paid to stick the ball in the onion bag and neither looked as though they might.
Individually, there are some decent players in the squad, but until Hill decides what his best side is and sticks to it they will never be a team.

We have now won just 5 home league games in the last 12 months and just 7 since the start of last season. Today I heard a lifelong supporter saying that its time to find something else to do on Saturdays. Shocking.
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:52 - Oct 13 with 1481 views442Dale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:33 - Oct 13 by 49thseason

A number of issues have been exposed today:
Goalkeeper.. Lillis has not improved in any aspect of goalkeeping since he arrived at the club, this despite the daily attentions of our so-called goalkeeping coach Collis. Today "Crocus" ('cos he only comes out once a year), managed to get both hands to the first shot and basically helped it into the net, their second was the sort of goal we have been conceding for 3 seasons; a corner into the centre of the goalmouth and a free header. Its what happens when you goalkeeper is firmly rooted on his line and does not command the area. The third was a cross which you might have expected a goalkeeper to go to ground in front of, but today Crocus decided that discretion was the better part of valour and simply let the big lad who had just come on put it past him. Lillis is not fit for purpose at this level and his defenders seem to have little confidence in him.

Perkins... Clearly his legs have gone, he aided and abetted them with the first goal by first losing the ball in a poor area and secondly by then losing his man.
At the corner they scored from, he ran part way towards the corner flag when one of their players made a run out of the area and then gave up and was stranded marking no one 5 yards outside the area on the by-line. By comparison, Dooley was a revelation, calm on the ball, available for a pass and quick to move the ball forwards and capable of getting into the box.

Inman and Clough, neither did anything to affect the outcome of the game, and were invisible for much of the match, Andrew should have started instead of one of them, some of their passing was neat and easy on the eye, but ultimately they are paid to stick the ball in the onion bag and neither looked as though they might.
Individually, there are some decent players in the squad, but until Hill decides what his best side is and sticks to it they will never be a team.

We have now won just 5 home league games in the last 12 months and just 7 since the start of last season. Today I heard a lifelong supporter saying that its time to find something else to do on Saturdays. Shocking.

Opinions are just that and everyone is entitled to one, I just don't think it's very fair attribute such names to one of our longest serving players. One who has been a previous player of the year, won us many points and contributed almost as much as anyone to the most successful period in he club's history. If he wasn't "fit for purpose" then he wouldn't have played all those games or remained at the club for so long.

Onto today, he should have done much better for the first and he knows it. If Norman wasn't suspended I'd fully expect him to be in again next week. And therein lies the problem, yet again a loan keeper comes in and Lillis' form is affected, possibly due to confidence as he half expects to be left out all over again - that confidence always being his main issue.

It's been done to death, is Lillis perfect? No. Name a keeper who doesn't make mistakes though.
Could we do better? Maybe. We did when Logan arrived, but Lillis proved to have the better longevity.
And again, what goalkeepers are there at L1 level over the last few years who could have done the same job Lillis has on our budget?

His time will come to leave, but when he does we may then reflect more favourably on a pretty consistent goalkeeper who has given the club fantastic service, especially if we revert back to the constant chopping and changing of keepers that occurred during Hill's first spell.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:58 - Oct 13 with 1443 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:58 - Oct 13 by MoonyDale

Your spot on Moony about D23yrs every thing he has said on this thread is correct yet his post saying the obvious... "He (Hill) not learnt fcuk all for nearly 2 years now, same mistakes, same excuses, He wants his team to be entertaining, we want a team that can defend"... got 2 down votes and the first reply saying.."They don't have to be mutually exclusive." got 5 upvotes when it's glaringly obvious that this defence whatever the personnel or shape cannot defend.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:59 - Oct 13 with 1438 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:22 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

To be honest we spent much of last season with an identical tale following most games, the games ive seen this season admittedly not that many you could write the post match summary and just change the opposition again a follow on from last year.

The defending is laughably shite from any set piece it's embarrassing to watch, you're just waiting for the net to burst, there's only one person that blame sits with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024