Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman Presentation 21:15 - Dec 28 with 13989 viewsjudd

Apologies if posted earlier but there will be a presentation to Chris Dunphy at 2:45 on the pitch tomorrow.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chairman Presentation on 21:49 - Dec 28 with 7555 viewsdingdangblue

Nice farewell interview...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/december/freeview--chris-dunphy-intervie

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Chairman Presentation on 00:57 - Dec 29 with 7394 viewsDaley_Lama

Sadly not there tomorrow.

Thanks Chris, between thee and Mr Kilpartick I you have stewarded our club from being the laughing stock (cue Oxo img from 1993) to being a club who have fans who

a) claim the team being 18th in League 1 is the worst they have ever seen
b) believe our most succesful manager is a nutty old so and so
c) can laugh at bury
d) can laugh at Oldham
e) can just about remember Hartlepool, Darlington, Halifax, R&D, Aldershot, Wrexham, Torquay
f) can just about remember Stockport, and almost have the slightest ounce of sympathy for their fans
g) can lie in point f)
h) rather enjoy cup runs
I) pay less than they did 10 years ago for season tickets
j) loads of other reasons, too many to mention.

Poll: DF in or out

Chairman Presentation on 01:13 - Dec 29 with 7382 viewsDalenet

Chairman Presentation on 00:57 - Dec 29 by Daley_Lama

Sadly not there tomorrow.

Thanks Chris, between thee and Mr Kilpartick I you have stewarded our club from being the laughing stock (cue Oxo img from 1993) to being a club who have fans who

a) claim the team being 18th in League 1 is the worst they have ever seen
b) believe our most succesful manager is a nutty old so and so
c) can laugh at bury
d) can laugh at Oldham
e) can just about remember Hartlepool, Darlington, Halifax, R&D, Aldershot, Wrexham, Torquay
f) can just about remember Stockport, and almost have the slightest ounce of sympathy for their fans
g) can lie in point f)
h) rather enjoy cup runs
I) pay less than they did 10 years ago for season tickets
j) loads of other reasons, too many to mention.

Amen to all of that and.....

Bought the share of the ground from hornet and the council so that we own the stadium outright once again

Put the infrastructure in place to have one of the best Academies in the lower leagues

And saw the club make a profit ........ how many clubs at any level achieved that over the past 10 years

Thank you Chris for being the custodian and such a great servant and for passing the club to the next generation in a better state than you found it.
Chairman Presentation on 06:54 - Dec 29 with 7270 viewssuc

Is this just an audio interview? My screen is all black
Chairman Presentation on 07:56 - Dec 29 with 7214 viewsSandyman

Same here. Tried to listen / watch on 2 different devices and it doesn't play
Chairman Presentation on 08:49 - Dec 29 with 7132 viewsDaleiLama

Nearly choked on my tea at (a) and (b) . Very good.

When I listened there was just a still image of CD and the sound playing. Is it too late for the NY honours list?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Chairman Presentation on 10:47 - Dec 29 with 6976 viewsjudd

Chairman Presentation on 08:49 - Dec 29 by DaleiLama

Nearly choked on my tea at (a) and (b) . Very good.

When I listened there was just a still image of CD and the sound playing. Is it too late for the NY honours list?

What's New York got to do with it?

Chairman Presentation on 20:18 - Dec 29 with 6681 viewsDaleiLama

Chairman Presentation on 10:47 - Dec 29 by judd

What's New York got to do with it?

NY = Not Yet after checking the paper this morning

Login to get fewer ads

Chairman Presentation on 20:35 - Dec 29 with 6614 viewsSuddenLad

There were floods of tears in the tunnel after the pre-match presentation today. CD himself and some of his family & friends and club staff were struggling to compose themselves. One lady in particular was inconsolable.

We might have been stuffed today, in what was an anti-climax, but at least we have a much stronger club both on and off the field, going forwards into the post-Dunphy era, than we had when he took the Chair, over 12 years ago..

The current custodian has a difficult job following CD. Let's hope he treats the job and the fans with the same conscientiousness, respect and enthusiasm.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Chairman Presentation on 20:50 - Dec 29 with 6566 viewsDaleiLama

Chairman Presentation on 20:35 - Dec 29 by SuddenLad

There were floods of tears in the tunnel after the pre-match presentation today. CD himself and some of his family & friends and club staff were struggling to compose themselves. One lady in particular was inconsolable.

We might have been stuffed today, in what was an anti-climax, but at least we have a much stronger club both on and off the field, going forwards into the post-Dunphy era, than we had when he took the Chair, over 12 years ago..

The current custodian has a difficult job following CD. Let's hope he treats the job and the fans with the same conscientiousness, respect and enthusiasm.

And makes us as much money!

Chairman Presentation on 20:53 - Dec 29 with 6544 viewsdalenumber2

There were probably floods of tears at the end of the match as well after that dire performance... Shame he had to finish on that note. Thanks Mr Dunphy for all you have given to the club.
Chairman Presentation on 20:58 - Dec 29 with 6517 viewsrochdaleriddler

Chairman Presentation on 20:50 - Dec 29 by DaleiLama

And makes us as much money!

Us?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Chairman Presentation on 20:58 - Dec 29 with 6507 viewsrochdaleriddler

Aww bless

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Chairman Presentation on 21:11 - Dec 29 with 6467 viewsDaleiLama

Chairman Presentation on 20:58 - Dec 29 by rochdaleriddler

Us?

The club. The interview said our value was £2m greater then when he came into the club the second time.

Chairman Presentation on 21:24 - Dec 30 with 6104 viewsDaleiLama

Chairman Presentation on 21:28 - Dec 30 with 6091 viewsThe_Knightowl

Chairman Presentation on 20:58 - Dec 29 by rochdaleriddler

Aww bless

I love a cynic..............awwww ..............
Chairman Presentation on 16:03 - Jan 2 with 5743 viewsnicknick

After over 30 years at the club, Chris Dunphy was presented with a bottle of wine.. Even the Board from Bradford had the decency to get him something better.
The new chairman didn't even turn up to the game and say bye to CD. There are lots of issues behind the scenes at the The Dale and it will all come out soon enough.
Its a disgrace that, with what CD has done for our club, the incoming chairman could not be bothered to turn up or make a phonecall.
Chairman Presentation on 16:12 - Jan 2 with 5702 viewsjudd

Chairman Presentation on 16:03 - Jan 2 by nicknick

After over 30 years at the club, Chris Dunphy was presented with a bottle of wine.. Even the Board from Bradford had the decency to get him something better.
The new chairman didn't even turn up to the game and say bye to CD. There are lots of issues behind the scenes at the The Dale and it will all come out soon enough.
Its a disgrace that, with what CD has done for our club, the incoming chairman could not be bothered to turn up or make a phonecall.

Perhaps a whip round could be arranged on Saturday, see if the fans can be generous in giving something back to Chris Dunphy?

Chairman Presentation on 16:14 - Jan 2 with 5678 viewsnicknick

I do think a mention of how poorly he was treated should be made at the Fans Forum.
Chairman Presentation on 16:14 - Jan 2 with 5677 viewsRodingdale

Chairman Presentation on 16:03 - Jan 2 by nicknick

I got there early on 29th, specifically to see the presentation. I thought at the time that it was very low key, and noteworthy that it was just Hill doing the presentation. I’d expected a few words of thanks from the new Chairman or at least another board member. Or at least other board members on the pitch showing the unity mentioned in the other thread.

Dunphy was clearly very upset. So probably didn’t want to speak, but leaving it to Sweetmore was the lazy solution. Leaving speeches are awkward but done well they are a mark of class.

I commented on the poor show of the Directors at Wimbledon- the Directors present didn’t even acknowledge the 40 or so Exiles present.

I don’t know what’s gone on, but it doesn’t look good to me.
Chairman Presentation on 16:23 - Jan 2 with 5634 viewsnicknick

agreed mate. The fact that Directors and Chairman have to fund their own away trips is causing issues in the board room. The Board are about to vote in favour of being paid to go on away trips, something that has never happened before. They are also looking at the possibility of getting paid to be on the Board... This will only cause the club financial harm. CD used to fund his own trips and also the pre-season to Tenerife...
CD was being outvoted on some of the decisions and that's why he couldn't stay.
Chairman Presentation on 16:30 - Jan 2 with 5602 viewskel

Chairman Presentation on 16:23 - Jan 2 by nicknick

agreed mate. The fact that Directors and Chairman have to fund their own away trips is causing issues in the board room. The Board are about to vote in favour of being paid to go on away trips, something that has never happened before. They are also looking at the possibility of getting paid to be on the Board... This will only cause the club financial harm. CD used to fund his own trips and also the pre-season to Tenerife...

As you’ve already stated previously on this board before that Sweetmore is your mate, is it safe to assume that’s your source for all this info?
Chairman Presentation on 16:33 - Jan 2 with 5565 viewsnicknick

No Mate... I very rarely speak to Dave to be Honest... I just have a few knowledgeable people on the inside. TBF to Dave, he has never divulged stuff to me about the inner workings of the club because he knows I can't be trusted to keep it quiet.. :)
Chairman Presentation on 16:39 - Jan 2 with 5512 viewskel

Chairman Presentation on 16:33 - Jan 2 by nicknick

No Mate... I very rarely speak to Dave to be Honest... I just have a few knowledgeable people on the inside. TBF to Dave, he has never divulged stuff to me about the inner workings of the club because he knows I can't be trusted to keep it quiet.. :)

Fair enough, it’s just that you were quite vociferous in your support for him a while back and claimed you were his mate. Now you’re saying you “rarely speak to him”’so it’s all very confusing.

You also claimed that you didn’t hide behind a “fake name” on here so you’ll have no problem identifying yourself then so the claims you’ve made can possibly be defended.
Chairman Presentation on 16:42 - Jan 2 with 5492 viewsSuddenLad

Chairman Presentation on 16:23 - Jan 2 by nicknick

Graham Rawlinson was in the tunnel as the presentation took place. I may be wrong but, I think it was he who encouraged KH to make presentation, maybe as they are synonymous of the clubs' successes during his Chairmanship.

There are far more 'issues' in the newly constituted Boardroom that haven't been made public from what I hear. If only a few of them are true, there is some nastiness pervading the atmosphere, prompting one alleged remark " When I came here, I didn't think that I would be required to act like a supervisor in a school playground"

Interesting times ahead.........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024